deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Re: The gutsy John Howard
Reply #570 - Nov 4th, 2007 at 10:33pm

oceanz wrote on Nov 4th, 2007 at 10:01pm:
deepthought wrote on Nov 4th, 2007 at 5:52pm:
Johnny admires you too oceans.

If he knew me DT hes bound too-Im pretty grouse!

Connie Im with you I think John Howard , has the morals and ethics of Gollum- his "ring" being the Prime Ministership.

He is tough mentally and physically (lets face youf have to be-68 and still doing the hard yards of this campaign)but thats all Im giving him.

I am fond of Gollum too.

IP Logged

IQSRLOW
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #571 - Nov 4th, 2007 at 11:12pm

You loathe things he has done connie?  Such as what mate?

$10 says you don't get a definitive answer on that one  Roll Eyes

Gollum and Ruddy actually remind me of each other

Initially

After 4 years in power

« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2007 at 11:19pm by IQSRLOW »  

Political Animal has little moderation. It is the forum for free speech and free thinkers to converse passionately without the threat of being banned. It is a forum for adults.

IP Logged

DILLIGAF
Gold Member

The greens are red
Reply #572 - Nov 5th, 2007 at 12:27am

IQSRLOW wrote on Nov 4th, 2007 at 11:12pm:
You loathe things he has done connie?  Such as what mate?

$10 says you don't get a definitive answer on that one  Roll Eyes

Gollum and Ruddy actually remind me of each other

Initially

http://www.peo.gov.au/images/library/0268.jpg

After 4 years in power

http://daveguzman.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/gollum1.jpg

CLASSIC! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

cautious connie

OzPolitic

Reply #573 - Nov 5th, 2007 at 7:04am

deepthought wrote on Nov 4th, 2007 at 9:45pm:
cautious connie wrote on Nov 4th, 2007 at 9:43pm:
I am sorry, but I have no admiration for this man at all. I can acknowledge the few good things he has done but I loathe other things his government and he have done,  and to to such an extent I could not admire him as a human being.

You loathe things he has done connie?  Such as what mate?

Involving us in the destruction of the lives and standards of living of Iraqis. Changes he has made to unemployment and disability law which are disrespectful of people and mean. The climate of attitude to migrants, unemployed, disabled, single mothers.  The way he has treated university funding and HECS. The way he has lied to us. The "non-core" promises. What I see as his attempts to use our worst instincts and feelings to manipulate us. That he bungled the introduction of the GST to permanently muck up the housing industry and his government's  policies which have resulted in unaffordable housing and high rents. That my kids will have to start off their life with massive debt just to study, and that when the country needs people educated and skilled anyway. That much of our best research and inventiveness output has to be funded and developed overseas. That every time I get a power etc bill it has a massive GST extra componeent added to it. That when he wanted to introduce the GST but for the grace of  the Democrats we would have had it on everyday food too.

Oh yeah- and that his general decisions are sweeping and without enough thought as to their implications for people -   like his decision to implement new law around the timber industry without adequate time to introduce the changes that cost a self funded retiree couple  I know  60000 dollars.
« Last Edit: Nov 5th, 2007 at 7:29am by cautious connie »  

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #574 - Nov 5th, 2007 at 10:46am

Hi connie,
How are you ?   Nice to see a howard hater being able to give a list of reasons why they feel that way. Normally they are not as articulate as you and get immediately personal.

Sure, John has not been perfect. I don't like his nuclear power stance or lack of support for renewable energy. (Not sure if that is his area of control ?) .
But overall, he is my preferred cabdidate at this stage.

Iraq is now freed of sadam hussain and have had their very first free election.
It is muslims murdering muslims there, not westerners killing indiscriminitely.
I am unaware of the changes to laws in disabled people.  Would you be able to state them please ?Auss is still one of the more generous countries in the world.
The main changes to the unemployed is they are now employed.

some migrants are a real problem.  england and much of europe has huge problems with immigrants. I don't want that here.   Not all of the world is a nice place,  Aussie is.
I'm a divorced dad with shared care, so have some knowledge there.  Mums are treated very well.

HECS is a worldwide system. seems pretty ok to me, I paid it.

The govt has very little to do with house prices. It is up to buyers what they want to spend.  Howard has given full employment which leads peole to get more indebted if they choose. If anything, high house prices are a good thing. Again, a world wide phenomen, same in england, new zealand, usa, europe. 
GST is an efficient and fair form of collecting taxes. Again, a world wide method used.

re the self funded retirees.  Any investment in the sharemarket has a risk to it.  perhaps they should have sold out earlier ?

Take care

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #575 - Nov 5th, 2007 at 2:47pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Nov 4th, 2007 at 12:16pm:
The latest survey shows he is behind the poll in his own seat, Bennalong..

It is a marginal seat, that's what happens in marginal seats.
Why did he not give himself a safe seat, a Party leaders normally do ?

He does not run from a fight. Even when it is looking bad. He stays the course.

Like him or not, you have to admire him.

He was elected as the Member for Bennelong in 1974.  He has held it ever since.  That he is standing does not make him a tough,  tenacious, admirable, hero.  Is is politically (as opposed to technically) impossible for him to move to a safe seat.  He has no credible alternative, other than to remain the Candidate for Bennelong.

From The Australian:

When John Howard first won Bennelong in 1974 his margin was 13.4 per cent.

Successive redistributions have pushed the seat westwards, cutting out prosperous areas like Hunter's Hill and Lane Cove and cutting that once comfortable margin to 4.3 per cent.

In 2004 there was a 3.4 per cent swing away from the PM, much of it to Greens candidate Andrew Wilkie, the senior intelligence officer who quit over the government's participation in the invasion of Iraq.
« Last Edit: Nov 5th, 2007 at 2:59pm by Aussie »  

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #576 - Nov 5th, 2007 at 3:13pm

Quote:
Involving us in the destruction of the lives and standards of living of Iraqis. Changes he has made to unemployment and disability law which are disrespectful of people and mean. The climate of attitude to migrants, unemployed, disabled, single mothers.  The way he has treated university funding and HECS. The way he has lied to us. The "non-core" promises. What I see as his attempts to use our worst instincts and feelings to manipulate us. That he bungled the introduction of the GST to permanently muck up the housing industry and his government's  policies which have resulted in unaffordable housing and high rents. That my kids will have to start off their life with massive debt just to study, and that when the country needs people educated and skilled anyway. That much of our best research and inventiveness output has to be funded and developed overseas. That every time I get a power etc bill it has a massive GST extra componeent added to it. That when he wanted to introduce the GST but for the grace of  the Democrats we would have had it on everyday food too.

Oh yeah- and that his general decisions are sweeping and without enough thought as to their implications for people -   like his decision to implement new law around the timber industry without adequate time to introduce the changes that cost a self funded retiree couple  I know  60000 dollars

Very well said Connie- you make some  good points..

I think its the oppression of people in postions of least power , thats he has targetted ,that has turned a lot of pple against him. He doesnt realise what its like to live under the laws and policies he imposes on pple. Its why "the out of touch" mantra has worked so well for oppostion-pple feel it and live it every day, it resonates.

Now the interest rate rise- will that be the final nail? Hope so.

Aussie I think you are right about J.W. Howard and the reasons he sticks with Bennalong.

&&Jade Rawlings on Cousins " He makes our team walk taller..a very good team man , Ben Cousins"

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #577 - Nov 5th, 2007 at 6:48pm

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #578 - Nov 5th, 2007 at 6:57pm

I actually thought that was Howard at first.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #579 - Nov 5th, 2007 at 7:11pm

DT Ill see your Kevin and raise you...........................this is Howard FD!!!!

&&Jade Rawlings on Cousins " He makes our team walk taller..a very good team man , Ben Cousins"

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #580 - Nov 5th, 2007 at 8:43pm

deepthought wrote on Nov 5th, 2007 at 6:48pm:

Surely......there is a photo-shop Forum somewhere.

Huh?

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #581 - Nov 5th, 2007 at 9:19pm

Aussie wrote on Nov 5th, 2007 at 8:43pm:

Huh?

Where is it?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #582 - Nov 5th, 2007 at 9:25pm

deepthought wrote on Nov 5th, 2007 at 9:19pm:

Huh?

Where is it?

It seems to be here, but this is not supposed to be a Forum where you piss on each other with photo-shop.

Of course, I might be wrong, and you might be right to pollute a Forum, as you always do, with that sort of 'make up' stuff.

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #583 - Nov 5th, 2007 at 9:27pm

Aussie wrote on Nov 5th, 2007 at 9:25pm:
deepthought wrote on Nov 5th, 2007 at 9:19pm:

Huh?

Where is it?

It seems to be here, but this is not supposed to be a Forum where you piss on each other with photo-shop.

Of course, I might be wrong, and you might be right to pollute a Forum, as you always do, with that sort of 'make up' stuff.

Pollute?  I guess humour may seem like a pollutant to some.  I never picked you for a sourpuss though Aussie.  What's up dude?  Rough day?

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #584 - Nov 5th, 2007 at 10:50pm

oceanz wrote on Nov 5th, 2007 at 7:11pm:
DT Ill see your Kevin and raise you...........................this is Howard FD!!!!

I'll raise you another Kevvum.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 59
Send Topic Print