Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 24
Send Topic Print
Is Islam inherently violent? (Read 85668 times)
Aussie Nationalist
Ex Member

Re: Is Islam inherently violent?
Reply #30 - Feb 27th, 2007 at 4:40pm

Are you black?
I agree with the statement ''humans inherently violent''.
But some are more violent than others.
Me, im a peaceful man. Smiley BUT i will fight those who wish to destroy or civilisation when the time comes. Angry
What about the term ''humane''. i think thats a poor choice of word to describe human niceness,
because us humans are the most violent animals on earth.
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2007 at 12:33am by DILLIGAF »  

Thumbs_CheDead.gif (4 KB | 77 )
Thumbs_CheDead.gif
Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

Leon

OzPolitic

London
Reply #31 - Feb 28th, 2007 at 1:20pm

No worries Ausie Nationalist, I was kidding too. Lips Sealed

I believe the Qu'ran is very much open to interpretation, and it has been this way for many years. How much actual research have you put into the theory that Muslims are inherently violent? If you are going on your gut feeling, then this is a very worrying and dangerous sign of our times. Did you think that Muslims were inherently violent ten years ago?

The difference between now and then is the rise of extremism and it's perpetuation in the media to help justify our military actions. Please do not think that we are not subject to propaganda, we are, it's a fact. Just question then news stories on television and do your own research into that story and you might be suprised. A good area to start with is Isreal and Palestine. The media portrays the Palestinians as terrorists and Isrealis as a democratic country defending itself. This is a very serious breach of the truth in order to serve our country's means. I'm not going to get into that argument here but very closely related to the issue at hand.

One of the main reasons that Islam is so split at this time, is the rise of the Wahhabis within Islam since the 1800s.

Do you know the difference between the Sunni and the Shi'a Muslims? It is important to understand that there are differences within Islam that are also fought to the death. I don't believe this suggests that Muslims are inherently violent, but that there are major problems within Islam. Ironically since the invasion of Iraq, these two factions are uniting to fight a common cause, the US and British Army.

I think you'll find the argument 'Are American's inherently violent?' a far more interesting one, and the way American culture is dominating other Western countries, it might explain a lot.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #32 - Feb 28th, 2007 at 1:23pm

Guns don't kill people, Americans do  Cheesy

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Gavin

OzPolitic

Sydney, Australia
Reply #33 - Feb 28th, 2007 at 1:52pm

"Ironically since the invasion of Iraq, these two factions are uniting to fight a common cause, the US and British Army."

i wouldn't say that, rather that the overthrow of Saddam Hussein created a power vacuum in Iraq so u have these two sides fighting for power, the Shi'tes are getting support from Iran and the Sunni's are getting support from Al-Qaeda.

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #34 - Feb 28th, 2007 at 3:34pm

Quote:
Guns don't kill people, Americans do

Funny.  Roll Eyes

Quote:
Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

Aussie Nationalist
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Feb 28th, 2007 at 4:20pm

Leon, let me put it this way.
The media portraying them as ''evil''?
BULLSHITE!

If anything the media plays down the actions of muslims. imagine if the whole truth was given to the public,the stuff we dont hear about.......
INSTANTANIOUS CIVIL WAR ! ! !

About my research, i am an avid fan of history and whats more, they live all around me and ive even worked with them. they believe they are superior to us.
Have you ever heard of shiek el hilaly? listen to what he has said in the past.
On the street for example, i was on the path going to the shops as a muslim woman was walking in the opposite direction, she spat right at my feet- in their culture,this is a sign of utter contempt.
I wont tell of my retaliatory action Lips Sealed (i did not hit IT if you are wondering)
Whilst i was working with some, i was always given the worst jobs, at lunch i was NOT PERMITTED to sit with them (not that i wanted to).
They burn our flag on a regular basis- i see them do it in their backyards.
I COULD GO ON.

Anyhow hows merry old england going?
How is LONDONSTAN?
Muslim pop still at 44% or is it higher now?
Are they still gonna build that mosque which holds 200,000 muslims?
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2007 at 4:27pm by DILLIGAF »  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #36 - Feb 28th, 2007 at 4:23pm

Hilaly has been rejected by his own people.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Gavin

OzPolitic

Sydney, Australia
Reply #37 - Feb 28th, 2007 at 4:27pm

i wouldn't use the actions of some muslims (like the woman walking down the street) to show islam is an intolerant or violent religion, since not all muslims are religious and some of them may not be following their faith properly.

IP Logged

Aussie Nationalist
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Feb 28th, 2007 at 4:30pm

freediver wrote on Feb 28th, 2007 at 4:23pm:

Hilaly was NOT rejected by his own people.

IP Logged

Gavin

OzPolitic

Sydney, Australia
Reply #39 - Feb 28th, 2007 at 4:31pm

i thought Hilaly got removed from his position as mufti and he has been prevented from giving sermons. i remembered hearing about it a few weeks back.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #40 - Feb 28th, 2007 at 4:33pm

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/opinion/story/0,22049,20670730-5001031,00.html

SHEIK Taj el-Dene Elhilaly's hate-filled world is slowly imploding as even his most fervent supporters realise the growing risks of associating with the extremist.

Labor, however, is ducking for cover. Former prime minister Paul Keating, the man who foisted the radical preacher upon the nation against the wishes of more moderate Muslims, yesterday told reporters to "nick off" rather than explain why he was adamant the Egyptian imam be granted Australian citizenship.

IP Logged

Aussie Nationalist
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Feb 28th, 2007 at 4:40pm

When the senior clerics voted if he should be expelled or if he should remain, they unanimously voted yes he shall remain as mufti. Angry
He is still at large and may spew shite at any time.

IP Logged

Aussie Nationalist
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Feb 28th, 2007 at 6:33pm

Heres one for you leon! Wink
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2007 at 6:39pm by DILLIGAF »  

IP Logged

Leon

OzPolitic

London
Reply #43 - Mar 2nd, 2007 at 12:36am

I take the view of Bill Hicks where it come to flag burning. It's part of our right to free speech.

When it comes to speech however you have to look at the construct of an argument and the way to diffuse tension. School playground arguing where one person tries to shout down another person's viewpoint will never further humanity.

My earlier comment: Ironically since the invasion of Iraq, these two factions are uniting to fight a common cause:
guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,,1189295,00.html

For a view on how the public mood towards Muslims has been pushed into segregation, what a documentary by one of your own countrymen, John Pilger: Breaking the Silence: The Truth and Lies In the War on Terror

It's very sad to any racism, but reciprocated racism is hugely dangerous

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #44 - Mar 2nd, 2007 at 1:03am

Quote:

And yet, he's still the mufti.  Shocked

Strange 'rejection,' freediver.  Roll Eyes

Quote:
Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 24
Send Topic Print