Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Who is sick of all our leaders using this as fodder?

« Created by: Verge on: Feb 22nd, 2011 at 8:57am »

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Which leader is LEAST multiculturalism friendly? (Read 20856 times)
ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Which leader is LEAST multiculturalism friendly?
Feb 21st, 2007 at 12:36am

Rudd or Howard?

I'm trying to decide which party to list LAST in my preferences in the next Federal election. -Based on how supportive these two men are of multiculturalism.

By now, every non-delusional Australian is well aware of the dangers of multiculturalism and the trouble it can bring to our society.

I'm going to vote for the man who's LEAST supportive of multiculturalism.

Howard has shown much opposition to multiculturalism in the past (Encouraging integration etc), but at the same time has been extremely contradictory, baselessly stating continuously that multiculturalism is 'beneificial' to our society.

Rudd on the other hand I'm admittedly unfamiliar with. Hopefully, he'll oppose multiculturalism, but signs aren't looking to good as the ALP are notorious for a pro-multiculturalism stance.

So, are one of these men less supportive of multiculturalism than the other? That is, of course, if they aren't both equally supportive of multiculturalism.

Quote:
Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

spacscilib

OzPolitic

Re: Which leader is LEAST multiculturalism friendl
Reply #1 - Feb 21st, 2007 at 7:05pm

DT, well Rudd seems to be planning to expand his ministerial resources to expand towards more multiculturalism - see this excerpt from http://www.alp.org.au/media/1206/dsi140.php

REPORTER: Mr Rudd, [inaudible] Howard [inaudible] that he preferred the term integration to multiculturalism. Do you support that?

RUDD: On the question of integration, what I have said is that the Shadow Minister for Immigration under Labor, Tony Burke, is now the Shadow Minister for Immigration, Integration and Citizenship; that’s our position. We also have a Shadow Minister for Multiculturalism; we don’t see these things are in contradiction to one another. When I look at this great city of Melbourne what I find exciting about this city is just its multicultural mix; it’s wonderful, the contribution from different cultures from around the world.

BRACKS: Here, here.

RUDD: I love coming here for those reasons; it’s a wonderful part of Australia. So, Mr Howard might see these things in absolute contradiction to one another; I do not.

REPORTER: What about Box Hill, in particular?

[Laughter]

RUDD: Box Hill’s terrific.

BRACKS: Very multicultural.

RUDD: Okay? Let me say this--

RUDD: --for whatever the local newspaper is in Box Hill, Box Hill is super-terrific.

IP Logged

Aussie Nationalist
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 21st, 2007 at 9:04pm

Yeah, why go to athens when you can go to melbourne!
Why go to beruit, when you can go to sydney's south west!
Why go to ho chi minh city,when you can go to cabramatta!
Why go to tokyo,when you can go to cairns!
Why go to mogadishu when you can go to western sydney!

hmm, i would'nt mind visiting Australia. Where is that?

Thank you Labour for saving my air fares and destroying my country!

Me, for preference, id have to put liberal. i know all too well what labour is capable of.
« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2007 at 9:10pm by DILLIGAF »  
Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #3 - Feb 21st, 2007 at 11:48pm

I think I'll vote John Howard before Rudd next federal election.  Angry

I can't believe I actually trusted the basterd (Rudd). -I feel so deceived.

On another topic...

I HATE STEVE BRACKS

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What a clown. He has no frickin idea what he's talking about.

Is it little wonder he's so supportive of Multiculturalism? -He's Lebanese. There's no other reason. I strongly dislike baseless multiculturalism support  Angry

If you ARE going to support it, at the very least, back it up with a reason why you like it.

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

Aussie Nationalist
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 22nd, 2007 at 12:36am

Of course he would, A leb would want the best for his people. Angry
Its an unusual name for a leb, its not  mohammedan ,or khamelspit, or donkhifucher... Wink Angry
But he sure does look like one!

Multiculturism is no different from communism.

system.gif (15 KB | 75 )
system.gif
Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #5 - Feb 22nd, 2007 at 1:01am

I guess he's a half-caste (Mongrel). Must have had an Aussie Dad and a Lebanese mother I guess.

To Lebanese people's credit, I've met a few nice Christian Lebanese people before. But muslims... no.  Roll Eyes

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #6 - Feb 23rd, 2007 at 6:47am

Look DT & Aussie Nationalist - voting for Howard would be a big mistake.  Bracks and Iemma are no doubt 2nd or 3rd generation Australians, so it doesn't matter what their background is - at the moment they are the best on offer.

The best alternative to Rudd and Howard would be the Greens, or at least give them No 2 or 3 on your ballot paper.

Bob Brown is a consistently fair and reasonable man and the Greens deserve some power in the Senate.  Through all the controversy over the years, Senator Brown has stood up for the rights of humans and animals and more importantly - for our survival, the environment.

He has been abused and ridiculed and this is because the two major parties have seen the Greens as a threat.  If we want a future for our children, where our country isn't ravaged and abused through unsustainable mining created by foreign investors and corrupt politicians, the Greens are the way to go.

At the moment their policies are under revision, so even though they may support refugees on a humanitarian basis, I believe their new policies may limit general immigration.

The Greens are aware that Australia cannot sustain a population of more than 20 million and would work in our best interests to ensure equality for all.

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Re: Which leader is LEAST multiculturalism friendly?
Reply #7 - Feb 21st, 2011 at 8:15am

Bob Brown is a consistently fair and reasonable man and the Greens deserve some power in the Senate.

Here was some crystal ball gazing from mantra, thank dog her crystal was working.

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

nichy
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Feb 21st, 2011 at 10:39am

The Libs are running a Greek candidate  against the incumbent Keneally's seat of Heffron:

Patrice Pandeleos is her name.  

"He who does not value life does not deserve it." -- Leonardo da Vinci&&&&

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #9 - Feb 21st, 2011 at 10:46am

Clearly, the Libs regard some cultures as more equal than others...

nichy wrote on Feb 21st, 2011 at 10:39am:
The Libs are running a Greek candidate  against the incumbent Keneally's seat of Heffron:

http://neoskosmos.com/news/sites/default/files/imagecache/preview/2011/February/...

Come to think of it, there are a lot of foreign-looking people (some of them with conveniently-Anglocised names) on the Libs' Parliamentary benches these days...

I wonder how many of their blind followers have simply listened to the Libs' racist rhetoric and failed to notice the nature and extent of 'Multiculturalism' amongst the Lib powermongers...

Lamenting the shift in the Australian psyche, away from the egalitarian ideal of the fair-go - and the rise of short-sighted pollies, who worship the 'Growth Fairy' and seek to divide and conquer!

IP Logged

bwood1946
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Feb 21st, 2011 at 10:50am

Equitist wrote on Feb 21st, 2011 at 10:46am:

The Libs are running a Greek candidate  against the incumbent Keneally's seat of Heffron:

http://neoskosmos.com/news/sites/default/files/imagecache/preview/2011/February/...

Come to think of it, there are a lot of foreign-looking people (some of them with conveniently-Anglocised names) on the Libs' Parliamentary benches these days...

I wonder how many of their blind followers have simply listened to the Libs' racist rhetoric and failed to notice the nature and extent of 'Multiculturalism' amongst the Lib powermongers...

You mean like  STEVE BRACKS     Wink

TPI  VETERAN
bwood1946 bwood1946  
IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Feb 21st, 2011 at 10:55am

bwood1946 wrote on Feb 21st, 2011 at 10:50am:

You mean like  STEVE BRACKS     Wink

Is Bracks a Liberal? I would have thought he meant Joe Hockey, the future Liberal leader who is the offspring of a Palestinian. I wonder if Joe's ancestors were Muslims? mmmmmmm.

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #12 - Feb 21st, 2011 at 10:56am

I've gotta get my son to the doctors now, but in the meantime, this is the link to the official Population and Immigration policy that the Abbott Libs took to the 2010 electorate...

http://www.liberal.org.au/~/media/Files/Policies%20and%20Media/National%20Securi...

In this document, they correctly point out that: -

Quote:
Immigration has made the Australia we know today.
Australia’s population growth since World War II has helped create the prosperity we now enjoy. Successive waves of post-war migration have expanded our capacity as a nation.

Today, 45 per cent of Australians were born overseas or have at least one parent who was born overseas.

Lamenting the shift in the Australian psyche, away from the egalitarian ideal of the fair-go - and the rise of short-sighted pollies, who worship the 'Growth Fairy' and seek to divide and conquer!

IP Logged

bwood1946
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Feb 21st, 2011 at 11:05am

skippy. wrote on Feb 21st, 2011 at 10:55am:

Is Bracks a Liberal? I would have thought he meant Joe Hockey, the future Liberal leader who is the offspring of a Palestinian. I wonder if Joe's ancestors were Muslims? mmmmmmm.

Bracks  anglo sized his name so possiable did hockeys family    AND SO HAVE MANY OTHERS     Wink

TPI  VETERAN
bwood1946 bwood1946  
IP Logged

nichy
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Feb 21st, 2011 at 11:06am

skippy. wrote on Feb 21st, 2011 at 10:55am:

Joe Hockey was born in North Sydney, as the youngest of four children.

His father was born in Bethlehem of Armenian and Palestinian parentage and his Mum in Chatswood.

His family worked hard running a small business on the North Shore, beginning with a deli in Chatswood and later, a real estate agency in Naremburn.

Joe was educated at what is now St Philip Neri Primary School and St Aloysius' College in Milsons Point.  He attended the University of Sydney where he completed degrees in Arts and Law.

His enthusiasm for politics began as a young boy when Joe discovered that working with government for a meaningful cause could help bring about real change in a community.  His first victory came at the age of fourteen when he successfully lobbied his local Council to obtain cricket nets for local children in Northbridge.

At university, Joe became involved in student politics and was elected President of the Students Representative Council. He also held the position of President of the New South Wales Young Liberal Movement.

After university Joe worked as a finance and banking lawyer.  He was seconded to the New South Wales Government to take a lead role in the state privatisation program. He went on to become the Senior Policy Adviser to the Treasurer and then Director of Policy to the Premier of New South Wales.

Joe maintains a close relationship with the community organisations in our area.  He is a member of North Sydney Rotary, the North Sydney Leagues Club, North Sydney Rugby Club, North Shore Historical Society, Lane Cove Community Aid and Hunter Hill Ryde Community Services.  Joe is patron of the Northern Suburbs Netball Association, and Northbridge and Cammeray Golf Clubs and the North Sydney RSL Sub Branch. He is an ambassador for the White Ribbon Foundation, which aims to eliminate violence against women and also an ambassador for the Royal Life Saving Society's Keep Watch program.  He is a passionate and active support of the Humpty Dumpty Foundation which raises money to support children’s medical needs in NSW.
Joe is married and he and Melissa are the proud parents of their three young children, Xavier, Adelaide and Ignatius

That answer you question Skippy.

"He who does not value life does not deserve it." -- Leonardo da Vinci&&&&

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print