Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Is David Hicks Guilty as charged?

« Last Modified by: on: Mar 9th, 2007 at 2:46pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print
DAVID HICKS (Read 32858 times)
Aussie Nationalist
Ex Member

Re: Guilty plea from Hicks at Guatanamo Bay
Reply #45 - Mar 27th, 2007 at 6:00pm

Yep, he's stuffed! Smiley

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #46 - Mar 27th, 2007 at 6:00pm

Hopefully he will come back to Australia with possibly a life sentence.  My bet is that once we change governments - Hicks will be released early.

This whole performance is just to get the US and Australia out of a tight predicament and pretend to the world they are being strong and are in control. 

IP Logged

oceans_blue
Ex Member

Reply #47 - Mar 27th, 2007 at 6:12pm

this is fantastic news mantra...I was hoping he,d take a plea..and i hope your right about getting his sentence shortened when Labor gets in..

Why do you think he,s stuffed Aus Nat? Undecided

IP Logged

Aussie Nationalist
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Mar 27th, 2007 at 6:30pm

Quote:
author=mantra link=1174981699/0#3 date=1174982445]Hopefully he will come back to Australia with possibly a life sentence.  My bet is that once we change governments - Hicks will be released early.

I agree with him being imprisoned here in a life sentence.

NO BASTARD SHOULD EVER LET HIM
OUT.

IP Logged

Aussie Nationalist
Ex Member

Reply #49 - Mar 27th, 2007 at 6:34pm

Quote:
this is fantastic news mantra...I was hoping he,d take a plea..and i hope your right about getting his sentence shortened when Labor gets in..

Why do you think he,s stuffed Aus Nat? Undecided

THIS MAN IS A TRAITOR. HE HAD INTENTION OF KILLING ALLIED SOLDIERS.

HE DESERVES THE 
DEATH  PENALTY.

IP Logged

oceans_blue
Ex Member

Reply #50 - Mar 27th, 2007 at 8:04pm

mmm Aus Nat..well its bound to be we will have a different veiw from time to time.

My point is nothing has been proven against him in any concrete way and so thereforeI  should reserve  judgement.

We,ve only ever had Americas version of what hes supposed to have done . Id really like to hear his side of the story and now he may get a chance Aus Nat.
I think a lot of pple would like to hear his side.And Im not saying he,s  not gulity..but Americas 'justice ' system has been a joke.

And everyone deserves fair and due to process to bring out the truth. This hasnt happened in Hicks case.This will probably never happen for Hicks.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #51 - Mar 27th, 2007 at 8:57pm

Yes we need to hear the truth Auzgurl.  Listening to his lawyers tonight - they said by the end of the week, they should be able to tell the public the reasons behind his admitting to one of the charges.

Bob Brown of the Greens - along with Natasha Stott Despoya were the only politicians to come out and give their views to the public.

Bob Brown - who I admire because he isn't afraid to stand up to Howard or Bush - said that Hicks' guilt is in doubt,  but John Howards' isn't.

IP Logged

oceans_blue
Ex Member

Reply #52 - Mar 27th, 2007 at 9:09pm

Yes I saw that mantra ...

I just want to  get him back and hopefully THEN the truth will come out.And I can guarantee Howard will be squirming at what may come out after Hicks gets back to Aus.

This man has been villified by everyone with a half baked opinion based on Americas propoganda machine., its time HE SPOKE.

A lot of pple have been waiting for this and if it meant he needed to plead guilty to get out of that hole well so be it.

Its crystal clear that he only said it to escape and who could blame him?    NOT ME.

He has a right to be heard., its called free speech..and a lot of pple on here advocate free speech and everyones right to exercise it.

I support humanitarian issues surrounding the inhumane detainment of David Hicks and those who denied him due process and his basic human rights--- thats all.He is a human being and an Australian wether some of us like it or not.

Im glad David is coming home....welcome home David. Smiley  I know I will upset ppl with this but I do have a right to feel glad for David. Huh
« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2007 at 9:21pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #53 - Mar 28th, 2007 at 8:13am

Listening to the news this morning Auzgurl - it seems that somebody might be up to tricks.  Hicks has admitted his guilt, apparently to get back to Australia and today he has to write down everything he allegedly did - as if they hadn't got that information after 5 years of torture.

I wouldn't be surprised if when he's formally given a verdict - he is carted off to India to answer charges there.

Don't forget the Indian government is very cosy with Australia and the US and all of a sudden these new allegations have been raised. 

They don't want him back here.

IP Logged

oceans_blue
Ex Member

Reply #54 - Mar 28th, 2007 at 8:20am

I wonder what exactly this means mantra? To 'write down exactly what he has done'...this would go against what they said , that he could come back to Australia to serve his sentence..But you know after everything it wouldnt surprise me...Americans are so corrupt. Angry

5 yrs and they havent got his story yet?????    Indeed!

IP Logged

enviro

Taking Out The Trash

Weethalle NSW
Reply #55 - Mar 29th, 2007 at 6:35pm

David Hicks will make millions from his books and film, magazine etc articles for many years on whatever the outcome is.

David Hicks acted like a mercenary and was caught supporting the wrong side. Whether he deserved Guantanamo Bay I doubt it, but should he be banned from selling his story so he can continue to support, financially his cause with the taliban? Should he become rich off his crimes?

He would have plenty of islamic allies that will probably turn up at the airport to greet him. Keeping in mind David Hicks was fully aware of what he was doing and had atleast 6 months to leave the middle east. He made a conscious decision to stay. This makes him guilty in my books and that is exactly how he pleaded.

Aiding and abetting makes you just as guilty of the end result or crime. Never forget that. The only thing he had going for him was the general public support and the fact that we don't like seeing Australians in prison overseas. He became an icon for anyone who didn't believe in the war. If he wasn't Australian the public would have kept their focus on Shapelle Corby instead and found other ways to protest against the war.
Smiley

IP Logged

enviro

Taking Out The Trash

Weethalle NSW
Reply #56 - Mar 29th, 2007 at 6:43pm

David Hicks will enter our prison system and spend his time recruiting inmates for the Taliban. Prisoners are vulnerable to this type of person.

Be very wary because you will see a rise of islamic converts being released from Australia's prisons over the next few years. Murderers etc. will embrace his teachings because it allows them to commit their crimes without guilt in the name of allah!

Bringing him back to Australia was a stupid idea and we have, once again, the goody two shoes people to blame. David Hicks is dangerous, not physically just because of what he represents and the type of people that will look up to him. Angry

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #57 - Mar 29th, 2007 at 8:25pm

Hope he stays in an Indian jail for an extended stay.  They won't let him go for decades.

Yep, in an aussie jail, he would get a reception from others there.
The guards would not notice either. I heard what happens to p@edophiles and r@pists inside.
Picture it, these guys are angry and locked up for a long time, seperated from their kids and wives/girlfriends. Along comes someone who harms those they miss dearly. 
In the same way, these guys have been denied their freedom for a while, along comes someone who wanted to deny their freedom for a longer time.
Inmates may have been unlucky or made bad decisions in their lives, but they ain't fools.

Hicks is between a rock and a hard place.

A good example to anyone else.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

enviro

Taking Out The Trash

Weethalle NSW
Reply #58 - Apr 19th, 2007 at 1:07pm

Your talking out your rear end SprintCyclist.  Grin Grin Grin

If David Hicks has leadership qualities the existing Muslim population will bow before him. Inmates are susceptible to anything that is anti establishment.

Comparing Hicks with how peodophiles and rapists are treated only shows how uneducated you are in this area. Rapists,for one, walk in mainstream population as one of the boys since the mid eighties.

If they rapists are segregated it is for other reasons.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Hi enviro
Reply #59 - Apr 19th, 2007 at 1:24pm

I know a guy that was inside and is "involved" with crims a bit.

his comments and examples were paedoplhiles do very tough time inside. Hence their segregation.
I would not want to be a rapist, sharing a cell or courtyard with guys who have been isolated from their wives for a while. Not a good situation to be in.

have no idea how many muslims are inside in aussie. I would guess very few.

my rear end has been quite vocal lately   Smiley

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print