Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Is David Hicks Guilty as charged?

« Last Modified by: on: Mar 9th, 2007 at 2:46pm »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
DAVID HICKS (Read 32822 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Hicks got off light
Reply #75 - Apr 5th, 2007 at 7:45am

Hicks can get out of jail by the end of the year - but he is not allowed to talk to the media for 12 months under any condition.

That is disturbing.

Besides the man was fighting for a legitimate government at the time!

But he was an Australian citizen. That's different.

He was a war criminal by definition and they KNEW they had no evidence against him for this charge BECAUSE HE DIDN"T DO ANYTHING!

Did you mean to say POW?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

zoso
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #76 - Apr 5th, 2007 at 9:27am

freediver wrote on Apr 5th, 2007 at 7:45am:
Did you mean to say POW?

Probably!  Grin

IP Logged

sense(Guest)

Reply #77 - Apr 5th, 2007 at 9:43am

"suck eggs sprint- he got off and he will be a free man by New yrs eve 2008!!! "

CORRECTION - New Years Eve 2007!!

IP Logged

oceans_blue
Ex Member

Reply #78 - Apr 7th, 2007 at 9:00pm

ozpolitic.com

Reply #2 - Mar 31st, 2007, 5:17pm    SC - it may appear Hicks got off lightly because of the media coverage recently, but let's be realistic.  Do you think that the Americans who worship the death penalty and are best buddies with Howard - would really have given Hicks only 9 months if they believed he was a terrorist.

Howard would have had a quiet word in Bush's ear and told him that he didn't want Hicks released and Hicks would have stayed in Guantanamo for the duration of the War on Terror - probably our lifetime.

Howard has an election to campaign for so a deal has been made because he wants Australia to think he is a fair man.  Hicks can get out of jail by the end of the year - but he is not allowed to talk to the media for 12 months under any condition.

If our current affairs programs ran with stories of Hicks imprisonment and torture during Howard's campaign - well it wouldn't be a good look for him, would it? "
--------------------------------

Good post mantra ---

Id also like to add that I believe the information oput out by the media at present re- if Hicks can or cannot talk to the media or tell his story is deliberaletly complicit so as to confuse Hicks-The out come being that Hicks breaks his deal under his plae bargain conditions and is taken back to the states--Hicks has been set up and I hope he says nothing and just dissappears into  the horizon when hes free.

A trap has been laid out for Hicks-.This will come to pass. These 2 evil Governments arent finished with him yet.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Hicks 'to be monitored' after release
Reply #79 - Apr 9th, 2007 at 1:15am

http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/Hicks-to-be-monitored-after-release/2007/04/08/1175970920127.html

David Hicks will be monitored by Australian authorities after he is released from prison, Attorney-General Philip Ruddock says.

Mr Ruddock on Sunday indicated Hicks, who has admitted to aiding al-Qaeda, was likely to face constant surveillance after his release from jail in Australia.

If the attorney-general consented to the order and a judge agreed, Hicks could be required to live in particular places, report to authorities and be restricted in whose company he could keep, he said.

He vowed the Australian government would not permit Hicks to profit from selling his story.

Mr Ruddock said it was unlikely the US could enforce an order gagging Hicks from speaking publicly about his treatment at Guantanamo Bay.

"How they might go about it, if they sought to involve us, would presumably involve extradition law," Mr Ruddock said.

"And I don't think under our extradition law there would be a capacity to return him to the United States jurisdiction for that purpose."

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Hicks 'won't speak to media for a year'
Reply #80 - Apr 20th, 2007 at 10:22am

http://www.smh.com.au/news/World/Hicks-wont-speak-to-media-for-a-year/2007/04/20/1176697046331.html

Australian David Hicks - the first person convicted by the US of war crimes since World War II - will keep a pre-trial agreement preventing him from talking to reporters for one year, his lawyer says.

IP Logged

oceans_blue
Ex Member

Sixty Minutes..anyone see it?
Reply #81 - May 27th, 2007 at 10:44pm

Did anyone see Sixty Minutes where Tara Brown tried to get the Hicks children and Jodie Sparrow to rubbish David on national TV?

What a horrible person would she be..how disgusting is she?

No matter what the world say about David..he the father of those kids who still loves theyre dad and does Jodie Sparrow.

Giving the 3rd degree to CHILDREN, to rubbish theyre dad. I still cant believe it.Jodie said they will give david another chance and Im pleased he can have his family with him again.

this is journalism..this is public humiliation .

IP Logged

OzPolitic

Hicks was'Al Queda Operative'..
Reply #82 - Jan 11th, 2007 at 12:34pm

Email me when someone replies to this thread   Hicks was 'AL Queda Operative'..posted on 11 jan 07 - 9:39 am by auzgurl But the US prosecutor has said Mr Hicks, 31, must be held accountable before the military commissions being set up by the Pentagon.

"David Hicks attended basic training, the al-Qaeda basic training, (and) went back for repeated advance courses in terrorism," Col Davis has told Fairfax newspapers.

"He knew and associated with a number of al-Qaeda senior leadership. He conducted surveillance on the US embassy and other embassies.

"He eventually left Afghanistan and it's my understanding was heading back to Australia when 9/11 happened.

"When he heard about 9/11, he said it was a good thing (and) he went back to the battlefield, back to Afghanistan, and reported in to the senior leadership of al-Qaeda and basically said, 'I'm David Hicks and I'm reporting for duty'."
==================================================
Prosecutors are saying Hicks was a fully fledged member of Al Queda..well they would would'nt they..after all this time what are they going to say?

Although Kelvin Thompson wants Hicks bought home and placed under a stricy control order..
But US prosecutor said he must stay face and face the Military Commissions at the Pentagon-

What hope has he got of receiving a fair trial in America?
=================================================
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21042164-401,00.html

Nicky07....avatar

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Hicks was'Al Queda Operative'..
Reply #83 - Jan 11th, 2007 at 12:40pm

I didn't realsie you were the same person.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Hicks was'Al Queda Operative'..
Reply #84 - Jan 11th, 2007 at 12:46pm

You should be able to set up automatic notification. There is a check box at the bottom when you compose a new post. Also, there is a 'notify' button.

What I had in mind was just posting a few responses back and forth to check the speed.

IP Logged

auzgurl
Ex Member

SBS Insight program...David Hicks..
Reply #85 - Feb 26th, 2007 at 3:09pm

I just finished watching the Insight program on SBS and the discussion surrounded the detainment of our David Hicks.

There was Phillip Ruddock ,Hicks Lawyer, David Mori and Reps from Guanatanomo etc.

It highlighted most of all and quite emabarrassingly how the Aust. Government has done NOTHING to help his cause OR bring him home.

It makes me hot under the colllar I have to say!

It is repeated Friday this week and Ithink again on Saturday...

For anyone interested in the Hicks case..its compelling veiwing..there comments from other Guantanamo prisoners as well.

IP Logged

auzgurl
Ex Member

Re: SBS Insight program...David Hicks..
Reply #86 - Feb 26th, 2007 at 3:11pm

I meant comments from ex Guantanamo prisoners......................

154107_1david.jpg (18 KB | 84 )
154107_1david.jpg

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #87 - Feb 26th, 2007 at 3:14pm

IP Logged

Aussie Nationalist
Ex Member

Reply #88 - Feb 26th, 2007 at 3:37pm

Hicks in 30 years time......

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

Gavin

OzPolitic

Sydney, Australia
Reply #89 - Feb 26th, 2007 at 3:45pm

Aussie Nationalist, r u suggesting that David Hicks will get off those terrorism charges his being held over and would live for another 30 years? i don't think so.

by the way, the Ayatollah is a shi'te muslim, which David Hicks fought against as a member of the Taliban (who are Sunni muslims).

if ur going to hate the guy (or muslims), the least u could do is try to identify the different types of muslims out there. u do realise that Iraq is such a mess because of Sunni vs Shi'te muslim conflict, don't u?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print