Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
ISLAM [in Australia - from general board] (Read 24069 times)
ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
ISLAM [in Australia - from general board]
Mar 11th, 2007 at 4:43pm

From the news-story I previously posted:
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21361640-1702,00.html

Quote:
Muslim blames drought on 'lack of faith'
March 11, 2007

A MUSLIM cleric has blamed the drought, climate change and pollution on the lack of faith Australians have in Allah.

Sheik Mohammed Omran told followers at his Melbourne mosque that out-of-control secular scientific values had caused environmental disaster.

“The fear of Allah is not there,” he said at a recent meeting. "So we now have a polluted earth, a polluted water, a wasteland.

“What are the people now crying for? The prophet told you hundreds of years ago, 'Look after the water'.”

What a hypocrite!  Roll Eyes

So couldn't I say that the Pakistani earthquakes, the wars in the Middle East, the famines in Africa, the Tsunami in Indonesia, were all as a result of the fact that they were all MUSLIM and that God/Allah was pissed off with Muslims?

What a joke these people really are! Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2008 at 1:47pm by freediver »  

Quote:
Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

TommySix

OzPolitic

Re: The further stupidity of Muslim clerics.
Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2007 at 6:45pm

The same stupidity extends to Christian fundies such as blaming 9/11 on homosexuals and America's lack of faith in god... or New Orleans on homosexuals and lack of faith in god  etc etc ad nauseum.

IP Logged

Aussie Nationalist
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 11th, 2007 at 6:54pm

Any religion will keep you in the dark ages.
Theres nothing more that fundamentalist religious nuts are scared of than technology which with each passing day is coming closer to proving the fact that there is no god.

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #3 - Mar 11th, 2007 at 8:45pm

From one religion to another:

Quote:
Reverend Nile earlier argued that there has been no study of the impact of Muslims in Australia and there needs to be some breathing space.

"It would be best if we had a moratorium on Muslim immigration into Australia as I have suggested for 10 years," he said.

He's not too popular at the moment.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/items/200703/1868762.htm?sydney

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #4 - Mar 11th, 2007 at 8:53pm

Quote:
He's not too popular at the moment.

What gives you that idea mantra?  Huh

Because Iemma the multiculturalism bigot disagrees with him?

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

aloof boof

the roving ear

outback
Reply #5 - Mar 11th, 2007 at 9:13pm

Yeah well to agree with Fred Nile would be a first for me so i wont agree with him out of tradition.
Australia is built on immigration and needs it to survive so where do we get more from if not from the Middle East?
I would prefer Italians or other Europeans not moosy's or Asians but thats just me.

constantly surrounded by mt beer cans

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #6 - Mar 11th, 2007 at 9:15pm

For me... ANYWHERE BUT the Middle East or Africa!!!

ANYWHERE.

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #7 - Mar 12th, 2007 at 5:36pm

Oh well, at least this is better than those who welcome disasters as a sign of the second coming. He is a bit of a hypocrit though as the middle east has been turned to desert in part by unsustainable agricultural practices. But then again, we are doing the same thing.

Theres nothing more that fundamentalist religious nuts are scared of than technology which with each passing day is coming closer to proving the fact that there is no god.

The question of whether there is a God is not a scientific one and is beyond the scope of science and the technology derived from it. Religion has nothing to fear of science, and vice versa. It is only those who understand neither that see something to be afraid of.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Aussie Nationalist
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Mar 12th, 2007 at 9:40pm

Did you all hear?

El-hilaly and keysar trad are going to start an islamic party this year.

The moron reckons he's going to get seats at every level! Grin

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Muslim leaders warn of tax cheats
Reply #9 - Mar 13th, 2007 at 10:36am

http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/Muslim-leaders-warn-of-tax-cheats/2007/03/13/1173722408361.html

Muslim leaders have warned that hardline clerics are encouraging their followers to cheat the tax system because they consider paying income tax contrary to Sharia law.

Sydney-based Islamic leader Fadi Rahman says extremist Muslim clerics who were preaching messages against paying income taxes were also staunchly opposed to western ideologies, The Australian reports.

Mr Rahman said he had heard Friday sermons delivered by hardline clerics in Sydney which highlighted the importance of cheating the tax system.

"I mean, just like how you've got clerics (with) extreme views who are telling the Muslims in the western world to declare war against the very country that they live in and the very country that is paying for their day to day life, you'll find that these are the clerics that are telling them to dodge the tax system," Mr Rahman told News Limited.

The youth leader and president of the Independent Centre for Research Australia said tax itself was not allowed in Islam.

"So they (clerics) encourage them that if there's any way that you can dodge paying the tax, then you should do it."

Clerics pushing for the tax evasion espoused a fundamentalist form of Islam called Wahabbism, News Ltd reported.

Prominent Islamic cleric Khalil Shami said he had heard of imams encouraging tax evasion.

The fundamentalist Ahlus Sunnah Wal-Jamaah Association, which is headed by cleric Mohammed Omran, rejected suggestions that his imams were calling on followers to cheat on their taxes.

"Of course we pay taxes and we go as far as collecting money from our Muslim communities and donating it to organisations (such as the Royal Children's Hospital) to help," the Wahabbi organisation's spokesman Abu Yusuf said.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Gavin

OzPolitic

Sydney, Australia
Re: Muslim leaders warn of tax cheats
Reply #10 - Mar 13th, 2007 at 10:46am

"they consider paying income tax contrary to Sharia law."

i think that's enough to encourage everyone to convert to islam since u could then push for all income tax to be abolished. i pay too much tax. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

but it makes me wonder, if income tax is an illegal concept according to sharia law, then how do islamic government's operate?

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #11 - Mar 13th, 2007 at 10:48am

This is disturbing.  Meanwhile these people who don't believe in paying taxes access our doctors, hospitals, public transport, education and baby bonuses.  Is this fair?

No wonder the NSW state government is having a hard time trying to keep public services up to scratch.

They should be ashamed.  My children who are both fairly low income workers at present have been hounded by the taxation department for tax returns back to the age of 13 - when they weren't even working or receiving an income.

How does this work - does the taxation department only chase those who are honest and declare everything?

IP Logged

Gavin

OzPolitic

Sydney, Australia
Reply #12 - Mar 13th, 2007 at 10:50am

they have to pay some tax, i highly doubt the tax office is that unorganised to the point these people aren't paying anything.

by the way, why would ur children submit tax returns at the age of 13 when they weren't working? i thought u only submit a tax return when u are earning an income.

IP Logged

aloof boof

the roving ear

outback
Reply #13 - Mar 13th, 2007 at 11:05am

Why would they be paying tax if they are on the dole and working for cash?The GST was introduced to make sure everyone pays.Who profits from the GST? The feds=Howard

constantly surrounded by mt beer cans

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #14 - Mar 13th, 2007 at 12:05pm

Aloof - both my children have had part time jobs from the age of 15 until they finished their schooling.  Tax returns have always been lodged.

A couple of months ago (even though my son doesn't live here) the taxation department sent letters saying that unless they declared their incomes from year....s to year...s they would be subject to a heavy penalty.

For both of them the request dated back to the years both of them were 13.  I have no idea why this happened.  After phoning the tax department they told me  these requests were computer generated, but regardless of this - they both had to sign declarations or would be subject to a penalty.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print