Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
ISLAM [in Australia - from general board] (Read 24263 times)
TommySix

OzPolitic

Re: Muslim leaders warn of tax cheats
Reply #15 - Mar 13th, 2007 at 11:56pm

mantra wrote on Mar 13th, 2007 at 10:48am:
They should be ashamed.  My children who are both fairly low income workers at present have been hounded by the taxation department for tax returns back to the age of 13 - when they weren't even working or receiving an income.

How does this work - does the taxation department only chase those who are honest and declare everything?

That is the norm with all branches of the public service. They go after easy targets and then occasionally the high profile to look as though they're doing something.

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
'Turn the world to Islam'
Reply #16 - Mar 26th, 2007 at 12:51am

Quote:
The 'Benefits' of Diversity.
RADICAL Islamic literature, DVDs and websites are proliferating across Melbourne while authorities are seemingly helpless to stop the underground trade in hate talk.

One book, Man-Made Laws Vs. Shari'ah, urges Muslims not to "accept anything from their governments and rulers except sharia", stating any other system is heresy.

The book prescribes stoning for adultery and drinking alcohol and advocates flogging for casual sex.

Another 'benefit' spawning from Islam. Ah... the pleasures of 'diversity.'  Roll Eyes

Quote:
Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

Aussie Nationalist
Ex Member

Re: 'Turn the world to Islam'
Reply #17 - Mar 26th, 2007 at 1:02am

I sure hope the politicians know of and read this site.

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

Aussie Nationalist
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Mar 26th, 2007 at 1:14am

Lets not forget the dvd thats been circulated by the leader of the ''global islamic youth'' movement based in liverpool- MY HOME REGION! Angry

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

zoso
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #19 - Mar 26th, 2007 at 8:41am

ex-member DonaldTrump wrote on Mar 26th, 2007 at 12:51am:
Another 'benefit' spawning from Islam. Ah... the pleasures of 'diversity.'  Roll Eyes

And does any of it look like its about to become Australian law??

If you hang on every word some random psychos publish as though it is all about to happen, you certainly are going to get paranoid about your situation... and you certainly are paranoid...

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #20 - Mar 26th, 2007 at 10:49am

"We are facing an enemy that uses children as human bombs, mothers as suicide bombers, and men driven by the glory of death .... With the spread of radical Islamic fundamentalism throughout the world, it is important for the people of the West to know and understand what to expect and what to do about it."

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #21 - Mar 26th, 2007 at 2:53pm

Quote:
If you hang on every word some random psychos publish as though it is all about to happen, you certainly are going to get paranoid about your situation... and you certainly are paranoid...

Zoso, can you please stick to the subject and quick taking cheap shots at me? Seriously. I've taken great steps on this board to stick to the topic and cease dishing it out, can you please make an effort to do the same?

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

ocean_blue.

OzPolitic

south australia
Reply #22 - Mar 26th, 2007 at 3:00pm

I think Trump..there are a l;ot of pple including me, who dont fully appreciate exactly what Islam is..Its a word we hear a lot, but what is the actual defintion of Islam?

I think for those who already are in your corner its abunadantly clear..is Islam a religion?,  or race of pple..or what.?

For the discussion to pick up more posters who better understand the topic, it might be useful to clarify this point.

If Im really dense and you couldnt b bothered, thats fine..I understand Undecided

hi there Smiley

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #23 - Mar 26th, 2007 at 3:10pm

Well Oceanblue,

When I mention the word 'Islam,' I mean the 'religion' Islam.

That's precisely/officially what Islam is... a religion.

It's in the same category as Christianity, Judaism, Buddism and Hinduism (Although Hinduism is a variety of religions and is a broad term).

Some people like Zoso like to see Islam as a biological race of people, but this is incorrect. It just so happens that all the people of the world follows this religion, and all the people who criticise it (me) seem to come off as racists. To me, people who use this definition are confusing average folk with what the true definition of Islam is...

The simple fact is, there can be European (white people) who follow Islam (such as people from Yugoslavia in southern-eastern Europe) therefore, it is not a 'race' of people.

I hope I've cleared things up, Auzgurl Oceanblue. Wink

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

zoso
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #24 - Mar 26th, 2007 at 3:55pm

ex-member DonaldTrump wrote on Mar 26th, 2007 at 2:53pm:
Zoso, can you please stick to the subject and quick taking cheap shots at me? Seriously. I've taken great steps on this board to stick to the topic and cease dishing it out, can you please make an effort to do the same?

My apologies for my remark, I was actually on topic and trying to make a point, and you didn't answer my question either which would have kept us a lot more on topic. Now I would like to believe that you are above cheap shots... unfortunately this slipped out:
Quote:
Some people like Zoso like to see Islam as a biological race of people, but this is incorrect.

Exactly when have I said anything along these lines? Our arguments have always been about cultural differences inherent in the religion of Islam? I do not believe you are racist, I think maybe AN is but we have settled our differences and that is irrelevant. I think you are a cultural bigot... simple. I do not even believe in the existence of 'biological races'...

Cheap shot indeed.

So can you answer my original question: "does any of it look like its about to become Australian law?? "

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #25 - Mar 26th, 2007 at 4:21pm

Hi DonaldTrump and Ausnat,

Would there be any chance of sending me a copy of either of the [quote]the dvd thats been circulated by the leader of the ''global islamic youth'' movement based in liverpool [quote] , or the other article you talked about ?

I may send copies to newspapers/ tv ststions etc etc .

Some people are more intent on maintaining our freedom of speech than making clever retorts.

Thanks

IP Logged

zoso
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #26 - Mar 26th, 2007 at 4:46pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Mar 26th, 2007 at 4:21pm:
Some people are more intent on maintaining our freedom of speech than making clever retorts.

Why do you imply the two mutually exclusive? I would have thought they are one in the same?

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #27 - Mar 26th, 2007 at 10:28pm

Quote:
does any of it look like its about to become Australian law??

No... not nation-wide... yet.

But at the very least, Islamic parties could win SEATS in federal, state or local Governments.

Would it be IMPOSSIBLE for them to win seats in Muslim dominated suburbs? Given the close-knit nature of their communities?

And any non-muslim already living within these areas would kinda be screwed, wouldn't they?

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #28 - Mar 26th, 2007 at 10:54pm

donald - uhuh, I agree basically with that.
VERY hard to ... disperse people who are fanatical extremists.
Only have to look at the laws under muslims, to see the .. stranglehold it can put on people.
70 lashes for drinking or listening to music under sharia law. 4 men to testify against another man in a rape case. 2 years jail for carrying a bible.

In the hope of being called a "fundamental christian" again  Smiley , there is no other belief that has anywhere near similar "rules."

It is the only belief that defines itself as being incompatible with anyone who is not of that belief.

There is no "do not judge others", or "helping a samaritan woman at a well",  "dining with prostitutes', "enlisting tax collectors"" or  "turning the other cheek", being against religion and for spirituality.

the koran is convert to muslim or be beheaded. Sometimes lose your feet and hands too !!
It is kill all the jews and the christians.
That is all stated in the koran.

allah means submission.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

What will hilali say
Reply #29 - Apr 17th, 2007 at 4:29pm

An Iraqi Muslim man allegedly raped a Muslim woman in Sydney's southwest as "punishment" for her reading the Bible, The Daily Telegraph reports.
The Campbelltown District Court heard yesterday that Abdul Reda Al Shawany told the woman "Let your Jesus help you", and sexually assaulted her twice.
Al Shawany has pleaded not guilty to two counts of having sexual intercourse without consent between September 1 and 27, 2002.
Yesterday Crown prosecutor Michael O'Brien said the woman — a practising Muslim — had allegedly received threats from members of her faith for reading the Bible.
O'Brien said the woman — a practising Muslim — had allegedly received threats from members of her faith for reading the Bible.
The woman claims she met Al Shawany, who she had known from overseas, at Warwick Farm railway station in September 2002 after he told her he had mail to deliver to her.
Al Shawany then allegedly took her to a Warwick Farm unit where he assaulted her.
"She was wearing a hijab. The accused grabbed the hijab, the veil, and pulled it tight across her mouth," O'Brien told the court.
"She fell to the floor and she couldn't scream because she had a hijab tight across her mouth."
After raping her, Al Shawany allegedly said: "Let your Jesus help you."
Al Shawany, 52, denied to police that he had sexual intercourse with the woman or threatened her.
"My client is not a zealot," his barrister Chris Pike told the court.
The woman is expected to return to the witness stand today when the second day of the week-long trial commences before Judge David Knox.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=261451

I feel sickened.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print