Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Aussie converts- What to do.

« Last Modified by: DILLIGAF on: Mar 22nd, 2007 at 6:21pm »

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
Send Topic Print
The Great Muslim Debate (Read 44490 times)
zoso
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: The Great Muslim Debate
Reply #135 - Apr 26th, 2007 at 6:09pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 26th, 2007 at 11:34am:
Are you lot sure you aren't mistaking "Muslims" for "Islamists"?

No, unfortunately Brian they seem incapable of making the distinction. I have fought long and hard with this lot on this topic and I have just given up entirely now.

Reality will continue to prove them wrong, muslims will continue to move to Australia, multiculturalism will only become more the norm as the world globalises, and the minority Islamists will go the way of the dodo. We will not beliving under sharia law any time ever, and Australian culture will not be compromised for any religious agenda, it will however change with time and cease to resemble what it does today. The Islamist movement was already in its death throes until the neocons came in and gave people a reason to listen to them. But they are dying out again, the last 6 years were but a flicker of a dying candle.

My suggestion brian would be to just walk away and let these guys have their little fantasy.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #136 - Apr 26th, 2007 at 6:41pm

yes, there is a massive difference between "moderate" muslims and "extremist" muslims.

How/why is this so ?
Why does hilali say so inflammatory comments and NOT get the sack ?

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

zoso
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #137 - Apr 26th, 2007 at 8:37pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Apr 26th, 2007 at 6:41pm:
yes, there is a massive difference between "moderate" muslims and "extremist" muslims.

How/why is this so ?
Why does hilali say so inflammatory comments and NOT get the sack ?

Because he is not some hired and paid employee? What are you going to sack him of? Sack him of people listening to him?

"sorry folks, you can't listen to Hilali any more...he's been sacked..."

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #138 - Apr 26th, 2007 at 9:44pm

That is good, last time I heard he was on a 3 month period where they would decide. he was still aussies top muslim, despite not being "officially" allowed to speak int eh mosque anymore.

he was a hired employee. i thought he should have been sacked by saying things that are against the koran. Unless of course, he said things that are in line wiht the koran. In which case, he cannot be sacked.  Sort of it the pope said "forgive others", can't really sack him for it.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #139 - Apr 27th, 2007 at 12:51pm

He wasn't 'sacked.' They just stopped paying him  Grin

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #140 - Apr 27th, 2007 at 6:17pm

zoso wrote on Apr 26th, 2007 at 6:09pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 26th, 2007 at 11:34am:
Are you lot sure you aren't mistaking "Muslims" for "Islamists"?

No, unfortunately Brian they seem incapable of making the distinction. I have fought long and hard with this lot on this topic and I have just given up entirely now.

Reality will continue to prove them wrong, muslims will continue to move to Australia, multiculturalism will only become more the norm as the world globalises, and the minority Islamists will go the way of the dodo. We will not beliving under sharia law any time ever, and Australian culture will not be compromised for any religious agenda, it will however change with time and cease to resemble what it does today. The Islamist movement was already in its death throes until the neocons came in and gave people a reason to listen to them. But they are dying out again, the last 6 years were but a flicker of a dying candle.

My suggestion brian would be to just walk away and let these guys have their little fantasy.

Roll EyesStick to engineering you moron. Either that, or study this topic in depth before making 'assertions' that what the newspapers say are correct.

Quote:
Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #141 - Apr 27th, 2007 at 6:37pm

Perhaps you would have more success at convincing others if you stuck to pointing out why he is wrong rather than the personal attacks. If you think the papers are wrong then it will take more than 'pulling rank' to convince people you know better.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #142 - Apr 27th, 2007 at 7:05pm

freediver wrote on Apr 27th, 2007 at 6:37pm:
Perhaps you would have more success at convincing others if you stuck to pointing out why he is wrong rather than the personal attacks. If you think the papers are wrong then it will take more than 'pulling rank' to convince people you know better.

What a load of krap freediver, I've already been over this topic about a hundred times... citing incidents across the world caused by Muslims, providing polls, news articles, citations from the Quran... etc etc...

But all this jack-azs says in reply... oh... but we have moderate Christians... therefore, we can have moderate muslims.

He basically generalises EVERYTHING and puts everything and every group in the same basket.

I'm through with arguing with this bigot... he ignores everything and just keeps repeating his same politically correct statements over and over again without a trace of actual knowledge to back up his claims.

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #143 - Apr 27th, 2007 at 7:14pm

What a load of krap freediver, I've already been over this topic about a hundred times

You didn't expect it to be easy did you? You can't expect people to join you in your muslim bashing after one or two scare stories. People get tired of getting worked up over each new 'threat' to our society, especially if it is another minority group who are 'all the same'.

He basically generalises EVERYTHING and puts everything and every group in the same basket.

Unlike you? You do have a tendency to tar all muslims with the same brush.

I'm through with arguing with this bigot... he ignores everything and just keeps repeating his same politically correct statements over and over again without a trace of actual knowledge to back up his claims.

Perhaps if you made more effort to engage him in challenging debate you could draw him out on his views.

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #144 - Apr 27th, 2007 at 7:47pm

freediver wrote on Apr 27th, 2007 at 7:14pm:
What a load of krap freediver, I've already been over this topic about a hundred times

You didn't expect it to be easy did you? You can't expect people to join you in your muslim bashing after one or two scare stories. People get tired of getting worked up over each new 'threat' to our society, especially if it is another minority group who are 'all the same'.

Unlike you? You do have a tendency to tar all muslims with the same brush.

Perhaps if you made more effort to engage him in challenging debate you could draw him out on his views.

What you say is largely true, freediver. But at the end of the day, I have more important things to do than just try and convert ONE individual who is clearly brainwashed and a lost cause.

I do tend to paint Muslims with the same brush, but this is in response to generalisations by people like Zoso. If they didn't keep repeating the same old rhetoric about 'Multiculturalism being good' and 'Islam being misinterpreted,' then I might delve deeper into the topic. Or I may even discuss other elements of Islam, such as the difference between Shiites and Sunnis. Until then, I'll answer an individual like Zoso in the same manner.

How am I supposed to engage him in a 'challenging debate' if he's under-researched on the topic, and keeps repeating the same old ideological sh1t over and over again?

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #145 - Apr 28th, 2007 at 4:58pm

What do extremist buddhists do?
Or extremist hindus, extremist athiests, extreme christians, extremist agnostics, extreme pagans ?

IP Logged

zoso
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #146 - Apr 28th, 2007 at 5:52pm

Interesting trump, last I checked I had put up two posts regarding the purpose of multiculturalism to which you could come up with no reply.

So I shall repeat.

Our economy requires that we receive immigrants... right, you with me still? We NEED them, we need the skills because we don't have enough skilled labour. Ok right, now once they are here in our society, they are free to express their faith and their culture. It is a part of our society, if you believe in Australia then you believe in the freedoms it represents, right? To go out and restrict the behaviour of subgroups based on their ethnic background, while the rest of us are free to do what we want, that is ASKING FOR TROUBLE. Do you WANT to pick a fight and create tension? Or would you rather accept that economically we are dependant on immigration, and therefore multiculturalism is a requirement for a civil and free society.

Find a way to end our dependence on immigration and you might have a leg to stand on.

On top of all that, I did say to you that I do not think any part of our culture should be sacrificed in the name of being accepting to other cultures. Simply allowing ethnic groups to wear the clothes they want to wear and eat the food they want to eat is not an assault on our culture. If you do see assaults on our culture, speak up about it, like your little butcher example. Have you actually been down to your butcher and told him what you think of his policy yet? Rallied a few friends in the neighbourhood to do the same? Because if you haven't I'd hazard at a guess you are simply a whining little b!tch...

As for the danger posed by muslims, I agree, we do not need to discuss that any further,but I shall just let history demonstrate who is right... see you in 20 years chump.

IP Logged

zoso
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #147 - Apr 28th, 2007 at 5:55pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Apr 28th, 2007 at 4:58pm:
What do extremist buddhists do?
Or extremist hindus, extremist athiests, extreme christians, extremist agnostics, extreme pagans ?

Come on sprint, how many wars have been fought between extremist christian groups? A helluva lot!

Can you not see that extremists do not require a group to be extremists? They simply are violent and over the top people...end of story.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #148 - Apr 28th, 2007 at 11:01pm

But at the end of the day, I have more important things to do than just try and convert ONE individual who is clearly brainwashed and a lost cause.

That kind of misses the point. In debating the issue you also educate yourself and a couple of onlookers. It is the debating opponents who give you the most difficulty that teach you the most.

How am I supposed to engage him in a 'challenging debate' if he's under-researched on the topic, and keeps repeating the same old ideological sh1t over and over again?

You're a smart man, you figure it out.

Our economy requires that we receive immigrants... right, you with me still?

No it doesn't.

We NEED them, we need the skills because we don't have enough skilled labour.

Oh no we are getting paid to much lets bring in more labour so we keep down the running costs for big businesses.

The rest I agree with zoso.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #149 - Apr 29th, 2007 at 12:42am

Hi Zoso - very fair comments you post.

I have no idea how many wars have been waged between extremist christians.
Sure has been a few though - ireland, spanish inquisition (not sure on that one), the crusades.

I am not sure if there has been a christian group that has just waged terrorist activities against everyone else ? 
There was a christian based terrorist group recently in usa that was reported in by other christians.

We have not always done the "good" thing.

None of these extremist actions are supported by The Bible.

having a violent leader/book to follow sure does justify and promote  violent and over the to people

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
Send Topic Print