Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
SHEIKH TAJ EL-DIN AL HILALY (Read 28247 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Hilali reelected, then resigns
Reply #75 - Aug 11th, 2007 at 10:32am

Grin

Welcome to OzPolitic Kalin.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

kalin

OzPolitic

Sydney
Reply #76 - Aug 11th, 2007 at 10:37am

Thanks for the referral. 

Are there many people who use this site?  Doesn't look like it, although there's plenty of material here.  Apart from the colour scheme it's a rather impressive website.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #77 - Aug 11th, 2007 at 10:47am

We have 90 registered members, plus a couple of guests who refuse to sign up on account of the conspiracy.

I've been trying to get feedback on the colour scheme. On my PC is is a peach/cream colour, but on one other one I use it is pink. Is that what the problem is?

http://ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1164152775

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

kalin

OzPolitic

Sydney
Reply #78 - Aug 11th, 2007 at 11:03am

So I take it this is your site.

90 members isn't too bad given it's less than a year old.

The colour scheme is terrible (yes that's an opinion, but trust me on this).  On my screen it comes up as a monochromatic reddish brown, but is far too dark. I think monochromatic is good, you just need to lighten it and make it more subtle I think. Way too much of the site's text has a coloured background and is in times roman font.  Verdana is the better option for web pages and white or off white should dominate.  Also think you're font size is too small.  I think a lot of the text is 10 point.  That's too small.

Have been browsing the site for over an hour and I can feel the strain in my eyes. 

Sorry, don't mean to be hyper critical,

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Hilali threatens to sue Islamic Council
Reply #79 - Aug 11th, 2007 at 11:07am

No, this is good. I don't want to be turning visitors away with basic stuff like the colour scheme.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/Hilali-threatens-to-sue-Islamic-Council/2007/08/15/1186857542928.html

The former head of Australia's leading Muslim group has threatened to sue his former employer for unpaid wages he says he is owed.

The move comes almost a year after Sheik Taj Din al-Hilali split from the Australian Federation of Islamic Councils - the body that appointed him mufti.

After declaring he would no longer accept money to be the federation's spiritual adviser, News Ltd reported Sheik Hilali has now done an extraordinary about-face by enlisting legal help.

Sacked hardline cleric forces his way back

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22303979-2702,00.html

A HARDLINE Islamic cleric who was sacked by moderate Muslims for praising jihadists has forced his way back into Canberra's only mosque to preach anti-western messages.

Mohammed Swaiti used his predominantly Palestinian and Jordanian support base to topple the Islamic leadership in charge of Abu Bakr Mosque, allowing him to continue preaching Wahabbism -- a fundamentalist strand of Islam espoused by Osama bin Laden.

Islamic Society of ACT president Sabrija Poskovic, whose organisation is in charge of the mosque at Yarralumla, said yesterday he was forced out after receiving threats from Sheik Swaiti's followers. He told The Weekend Australian that the imam and his admirers would see his return as a win for extremist Islam in Australia.

"They took over the mosque by force, by argument, by screaming, by calling us names," said Mr Poskovic. "There is no point arguing and fighting with him and his supporters any more."

Canberra's Muslim leadership fears the return of Sheik Swaiti -- who is being investigated by the tax office for allegedly failing to pay tax on thousands of dollars in clerical allowances he is accused of receiving from the Saudi Government -- would further divide the local community and threaten to radicalise more young followers of Islam.

Mr Poskovic was planning to set up a prayer hall that would be used as an alternative to the mosque by moderate Muslims ideologically opposed to the Palestinian-born Sheik Swaiti.

A prominent figure in Canberra's Muslim community, Mohammed Berjaoui, yesterday attacked national security authorities for overlooking Sheik Swaiti's anti-western sermons and ignoring his supporters' violent actions, which allegedly led to the bashing of the Islamic society's secretary, Kurt Kennedy, in May.
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2007 at 2:53pm by freediver »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print