Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Religeon..hypocrisy or misunderstanding? (Read 4434 times)
oceans_blue
Ex Member

Religeon..hypocrisy or misunderstanding?
Mar 28th, 2007 at 9:11pm

I have noticed a few of us get a bit shirty about the couple of people in here recently that have tried to introduce us to Bible passages etc.

Why is the average person so resistent to the idea of religion? And anyone promoting it?

Is it not relevant- believable-offensive- or other?

Some of us really resent it Huh

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Re: Religeon..hypocrisy or misunderstanding?
Reply #1 - Mar 28th, 2007 at 10:00pm

I'm guilty.  I know that some Christians really want to share their happiness and knowledge with us, and we should let them have their say.

I was a bit cranky the other day and hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings - it's just that the bible quotes seem so desperate - unless you reach a really bad stage in your life and then the Bible is a useful tool to help you through.

Praying is something I often do.  If I have to go somewhere and I need a car space - I say "Please God help me find a car space", or if an unpleasant situation arises - its "PLease God help me handle it".

It usually always works and I never forget to say thank you afterwards.  

praying_hands.jpg (1 KB | 60 )
praying_hands.jpg

IP Logged

oceans_blue
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 29th, 2007 at 9:34am

Yes mantra,

I have done the 'traffic prayer' one. I also see the desperate in this behaviour.. I see only old pple realising theyre mortality as 'sudden' converts to religion, and even them I find it rather hypocritical..

Im not sure, but it does offend me. Its as if these pple think it gives them a superior edge over others, and they always find a way of just randomly tossing it in to every conversation.

I think we need to be able to say if it offends us , just as much as these pple THINK they have the right to shove down our collective throats. Smiley

IP Logged

oceans_blue
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 29th, 2007 at 9:36am

but having said that it doesnt mean Im not adverse to the idea of a higher regard-power. I just carry my belief inside me as a personal thing..and Im sure there are many pple who do this.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Mar 29th, 2007 at 10:43am

Yes, I went a bit far then.  One of these rushes of blood to the brain things I do.  Sorry all.
Guess I will ALWAYS make mistakes.

The difference between religion and spirituality is huge.  You prob. mean spiritual when saying religious.

It's ok (even good) to question people who put forward a spiritual idea.  I may toss bits into general conversations without realising it. Often have to bite my tongue on relevant quotes.

Sometimes when people react strongly against a spiritual quote/thought I feel they have really heard it. 
They have felt it immediately and directly in their heart.
It has confronted them, stirred up their subdued slumbering spiritual self. 
Either that or a RELIGIOUS person has buggered them in the past !!!!!!!!!

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

oceans_blue
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Mar 29th, 2007 at 1:11pm

Sometimes when people react strongly against a spiritual quote/thought I feel they have really heard it.   
They have felt it immediately and directly in their heart. 
It has confronted them, stirred up their subdued slumbering spiritual self.   
Either that or a RELIGIOUS person has buggered them in the past !!!!!!!!!  "
---------------------

Ok sprint..but i wouldnt bet on it Smiley

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Mar 10th, 2024 at 2:04am

Quote:
I have noticed a few of us get a bit shirty about the couple of people in here recently that have tried to introduce us to Bible passages etc.

Why is the average person so resistent to the idea of religion? And anyone promoting it?

Is it not relevant- believable-offensive- or other?

Some of us really resent it Huh

That's because they belong to the Media World of Big Brother and the Media is doing to the New worlds of N.America, S.America and Sahul - from its unofficial home of Oceania...
...what Religion of the Middle-East has done to the Old Worlds of Africa, Asia and Europe.

Agnes just doesn't get 'involved' in thoughts much these days. Has she grown 'old' and weary? Has she become blurred and disinterested?
Has she lost her 'spark'?

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

AusGeoff
Gold Member

Sage of Gippsland

Victoria
Reply #7 - Mar 10th, 2024 at 4:17am

Still trying to increase your post count by resurrecting
these vintage threads Jasin?    How sad.

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Mar 10th, 2024 at 8:45am

Well their resurrection got your holy blessing at 4'ish in the morning.
For Peccary's sake - were you getting up or going down??
He's curious you know Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print