Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 27
Send Topic Print
ISLAM [from thinking globally] (Read 84285 times)
AusNat
Ex Member

Re: Limit Muslim immmigration-- Australia is warne
Reply #150 - Jun 12th, 2007 at 9:28pm

JEWS. Like yourself.

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

Classic Liberal
Gold Member

OzPolitic

sydney
Reply #151 - Jun 12th, 2007 at 9:36pm

The jews dont wanna invade other nations and impose their beliefs by force.

IP Logged

AusNat
Ex Member

Reply #152 - Jun 12th, 2007 at 9:44pm

Classic Liberal wrote on Jun 12th, 2007 at 9:36pm:
The jews dont wanna invade other nations and impose their beliefs by force.

Bullshit! they occupy half of palestine!
They build illegal settlments in that country and FORCE the original inhabitants out!

IP Logged

Classic Liberal
Gold Member

OzPolitic

sydney
Reply #153 - Jun 12th, 2007 at 9:53pm

wrong again.

"Palestine" had never been ruled by palestinians.

I assume you talking about the gaza strip and the west bank.

the west bank was a soverign territory of Jordan, the gaza strip, Egypt.

Israel occupied these territories in 1967 and they were legally given to israel in peace agreements between jordan egypt and Israel.

Israel handed the gaza strip to a palestinian goevrnemnt which only came into existance wirth israels go ahead a couple of years ago.

The palestinians still fire rocktes form gaza into Israel.

now imagine we gave the aborigainals the northern territory as a soverign country and they fired rockets into us?

IP Logged

AusNat
Ex Member

Reply #154 - Jun 12th, 2007 at 9:57pm

Quote:
now imagine we gave the aborigainals the northern territory as a soverign country and they fired rockets into us?

HA HA HA!  Abo's with rockets! thats funny. imagine, how could an abo fire one. Grin
All they ever made as missiles were spears.

IP Logged

Classic Liberal
Gold Member

OzPolitic

sydney
Reply #155 - Jun 12th, 2007 at 9:58pm

your a wally goodnight

IP Logged

AusNat
Ex Member

Reply #156 - Jun 12th, 2007 at 10:00pm

Classic Liberal wrote on Jun 12th, 2007 at 9:58pm:
your a wally goodnight

At least im not in the CDP!  The party for child lovers. Cheesy

IP Logged

Gavin

OzPolitic

Sydney, Australia
Reply #157 - Jun 12th, 2007 at 10:17pm

ex-member DonaldTrump wrote on Jun 12th, 2007 at 5:54pm:
Oh please... don't try and turn this into a 'praise Muslims for the income they generate' post.  Roll Eyes you can get accountants from any culture/nationality. Unnecessary.

Exactly, a person's religious background is irrelevant.
If they can do the job properly, then there's no issue.

So these muslims at my work are doing a good job, and given it's so hard to find good staff in the accounting industry i would rather have them stay and give them time to pray. Due to the shortage of staff in the industry, i can't afford to be picky and reject someone just because they asked for some to pray.

Quote:
Give me a break.  Roll Eyes  Food and beverage is a high pressure job. Customer service can be depending on how busy the place is. Accountancy is ... what... business mathematics?  Roll Eyes

pff, that just shows how little u know about accountancy - it's much more complicated than that. also, by high pressure in food & beverage, do u mean need to serve alot of customers in a short period of time?

have a think about what's the worst thing that can happen?? person doesn't serve a customer his lunch quick enough the customer gets upset, compare that to getting the accounts wrong - which could result in a company collapse.

yeah, ur right, food & beverage is much more pressure (p.s. - i'm being sarcastic here in case u didn't notice). 

IP Logged

AusNat
Ex Member

Reply #158 - Jun 12th, 2007 at 10:17pm

Awwwww, he's gone.  little gimp must have been calling him.

IP Logged

Gavin

OzPolitic

Sydney, Australia
Reply #159 - Jun 12th, 2007 at 10:20pm

Classic Liberal wrote on Jun 12th, 2007 at 9:53pm:
Israel handed the gaza strip to a palestinian goevrnemnt which only came into existance wirth israels go ahead a couple of years ago.

The palestinians still fire rocktes form gaza into Israel.

since when did the Palestinans get an independent state?

pender, the Israeli's gave the Palestinans autonomy in the Gaza Strip, but autonomy doesn't mean that they handed the last back. Officially, the Gaza Strip is still part of Israel - Palestine, as an independent state, doesn't exist today.

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #160 - Jun 12th, 2007 at 11:17pm

Quote:
Exactly, a person's religious background is irrelevant.
If they can do the job properly, then there's no issue.

So these muslims at my work are doing a good job, and given it's so hard to find good staff in the accounting industry i would rather have them stay and give them time to pray.

Questions:

1) Is this 'your' company?
2) Are these FOTB Muslims?
3) If yes to the above, how much do you pay them? Same as everyone else?

Quote:
Due to the shortage of staff in the industry, i can't afford to be picky and reject someone just because they asked for some to pray.

Maybe so... if you're desperate. Should they allow it in all occupations? -Not really.

Quote:
pff, that just shows how little u know about accountancy - it's much more complicated than that.

I never claimed to be an expert... but I'd imagine it would involve largely just sitting around doing a bit of basic mathematics/filing and dealing with occasionally unruly clients.

In saying that though, have you ever worked in food and bev, Gav? Gotten the best of both world's?

Quote:
by high pressure in food & beverage, do u mean need to serve alot of customers in a short period of time? person doesn't serve a customer his lunch quick enough the customer gets upset, compare that to getting the accounts wrong - which could result in a company collapse.
yeah, ur right, food & beverage is much more pressure (p.s. - i'm being sarcastic here in case u didn't notice).  

OR... smart@ss... they cop heaps of abuse from  the boss, customers, waiters, kitchen staff, etc...  whilst being paid squat... hence giving them a rather poor lifestyle... furthermore... making their lives more miserable. And if they continue to screw up, or aren't fast enough, they get sacked with a snap of the fingers.

Compare this to a well paid profession where you sit behind a desk, earning a healthy pay and the most 'work' you ever do is pushing the buttons of a calculator. Yeah... 'high pressure.'  Roll Eyes

Moreso, if accounting agencies are in such 'desperate' need for accountants... what 'stress' is there for the employees if the company goes under if there's plenty of work everywhere?  Roll Eyes I think the only 'stress' that exists in accounting is for the actual 'owner' and not the employee, if what you say is true.

Quote:
Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

Gavin

OzPolitic

Sydney, Australia
Reply #161 - Jun 12th, 2007 at 11:29pm

ex-member DonaldTrump wrote on Jun 12th, 2007 at 11:17pm:
Questions:

1) Is this 'your' company?
2) Are these FOTB Muslims?
3) If yes to the above, how much do you pay them? Same as everyone else?

1. I don't own the company, but i am a manager who supervises several staff members and i report to the partner.
2. Not fresh off the boat muslims, rather born and raised here in Australia.
3. they are paid market rates, based on their level of experience - their religious background doesn't affect their pay.   

Quote:
I never claimed to be an expert... but I'd imagine it would involve largely just sitting around doing a bit of basic mathematics/filing and dealing with occasionally unruly clients.

In saying that though, have you ever worked in food and bev, Gav? Gotten the best of both world's?

well ur imagination is wrong, it's much more than basic maths/filing - to name a few of our services, we do tax consulting, audits, general accountancy, business planning, process reviews, IT consultancy.

and yes, i did work in food & bev during my uni days, i can admit that u need to serve customers quickly and the pay was quite bad but it's hardly stressful.

Quote:
Moreso, if accounting agencies are in such 'desperate' need for accountants... what 'stress' is there for the employees if the company goes under if there's plenty of work everywhere?  Roll Eyes I think the only 'stress' that exists in accounting is for the actual 'owner' and not the employee, if what you say is true.

mate, if u stuff up as an accountant, ur personally liable - i.e. u can get taken to court. cast ur mind back a couple of years with the corporate collapses, e.g. HIH, Enron, One Tel guess who was taken to court? that's right, the accountants (Andersen), who subsequently collapsed as well.

IP Logged

IQSRLOW
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #162 - Jun 12th, 2007 at 11:32pm

Are you really trying to compare accountancy to food and beverage work? Although you probably haven't done it yet, let me know when you have filed your first tax return.

Political Animal has little moderation. It is the forum for free speech and free thinkers to converse passionately without the threat of being banned. It is a forum for adults.

IP Logged

AusNat
Ex Member

Reply #163 - Jun 12th, 2007 at 11:32pm

Quote:

Proof of non assimilation.

IP Logged

Gavin

OzPolitic

Sydney, Australia
Reply #164 - Jun 12th, 2007 at 11:36pm

Ausnat wrote on Jun 12th, 2007 at 11:32pm:
Quote:

Proof of non assimilation.

interesting, how so??

they do everything that's required of them in their job, the only difference between them and anyone else is that they get a little bit of time to pray - it doesn't bother anyone and they still do their job.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 27
Send Topic Print