Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 27
Send Topic Print
ISLAM [from thinking globally] (Read 84284 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Rob a bank or hide a bomb.
Reply #240 - Feb 23rd, 2007 at 10:58am

yet you haven't named anything that Australia gives that the Middle East doesn't

Freedom

I gave several examples of Muslims wanting less freedoms than Australia

No, you gave examples of Muslims making different choices.

Would you agree that the Muslim way of life interferes with the Australian way of life somewhat?

No, not at all.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #241 - Feb 23rd, 2007 at 11:15am

Actually Freediver makes some good points.  I am neither for or against the Muslim people as long as they adhere to our laws.  Unfortunately they've had some bad publicity and haven't really helped their cause by having Sheikh Hilaly as their leader.

But the problems really stem from our Federal Government who has allowed the word "multiculturalism" to become abhorrent by allowing Bush's slogan "War on Terror" to apply to Muslims and throw them all in the same basket as terrorists.

« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2007 at 5:30am by mantra »  

IP Logged

Aussie Nationalist
Ex Member

Reply #242 - Feb 23rd, 2007 at 9:04pm

There ya go FD. sorry about that.

New advertisement for election.

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #243 - Feb 23rd, 2007 at 9:40pm

Mantra Quote:
Actually Freediver makes some good points.

Where?  Huh

Quote:
I am neither for or against the Muslim people as long as they adhere to our laws.

Fair enough. You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine.

Quote:
I am neither for or against the Muslim people as long as they adhere to our laws.

I'm an anti-Islamist.

Quote:
Unfortunately they've had some bad publicity and haven't really helped their cause by having Sheikh Hilaly as their leader.

They've had 'bad publicity' for the last 1300 years. It's not merely 'bad publicity' mantra, it's Islam itself. 

Quote:
But the problems really stem from our Federal Government who has allowed the word "multiculturalism" to become abhorrent by allowing Bush's slogan "War on Terror" to apply to Muslims and throw them all in the same basket as terrorists.

I agree that a lot of stupid people tend to actually say this, mantra. But if you look at the religion closely, they are not compatible with western civilisation... in the long run...    Short term... perhaps. I insist that you buy a copy of the Quran, put a bit of study into it, and try to understand this religion for what it is, mantra. Strong-minded people can push aside politically correct leftist dribble and find out the truth for themselves.

Freediver Quote:
yet you haven't named anything that Australia gives that the Middle East doesn't

Freedom

Freedom of what??? What does Australian society have that's so free that Muslims want that an Islamic country doesn't provide???
IS THIS THE 'GOOD' POINTS FREEDIVER RAISED MANTRA???
  Shocked

Quote:
I gave several examples of Muslims wanting less freedoms than Australia

No, you gave examples of Muslims making different choices.

And yet... you STILL haven't given ME examples of what 'freedoms' Australia provides Muslims that Islamic countries don't. What's a matter Freediver? Lack of knowledge on the subject? Jumping to your own politically correct conclusions? Judging a book by its cover? Typical.  Roll Eyes

Sounds like FREEDOM choices to me, freediver. And pleeease don't give me this 'different choices' garbage. 

Muslims restrict Australians freedoms by banning certain things in certain suburbs when Muslims make up a majority.

Does 'father Christmas' sound familiar? In certain Melbourne suburbs, Santa Claus has been banned from being displayed in public.
In my local butchers, they've put a ban on pork, because it's deemed offensive by the Muslim minority.
In certain suburbs, Muslims intimidate women by taunting them publicy as 'Aussie sluts' because they're 'exposing their shoulders.'

In my opinion, freediver, THAT'S restricting freedom.  Or can you somehow prove otherwise?

Quote:
Would you agree that the Muslim way of life interferes with the Australian way of life somewhat?

No, not at all.

Ignorance is bliss, hey freediver?

Come back to me when you've got ACTUAL evidence or better yet, POINTS that back up your ridiculous argument. Until then, you've got NOTHING!

Quote:
Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

Aussie Nationalist
Ex Member

Reply #244 - Feb 23rd, 2007 at 9:51pm

HERE HERE, DT.
Cool

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #245 - Feb 23rd, 2007 at 10:00pm

DT - I agree with Freediver's comments on freedom - where we demand freedom for ourselves, yet want to deny it to others - this makes sense.

Look I can see your point of view and in so many forums where Islam is discussed - the very strong anti-Islamic views come from those who have been affected in some way - ie lived amongst them, physically abused, gone to school with them, worked  etc. so I am not condemning those who are angry.

Unfortunately this is not a good topic for me and I should leave it alone, because I really don't feel strongly enough about it.  Annoyed sometimes - yes, particularly when as a minority group some Muslims play on the government's political correctness and use it to their advantage, but then so do other religions - especially one in particular - the Exclusive Bretheren.  Considering they are Australian born and bred, they are a sly, bigoted and regressive religion that would be better suited to 16th century Europe.

Other than that, I'm too limited on this subject to make a decent contribution.

IP Logged

Aussie Nationalist
Ex Member

Reply #246 - Feb 23rd, 2007 at 10:07pm

Well mantra, there is not many muslims on the central coast...YET.
Ive got a mate at warnervale i go to see often, And to escape sydney!

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #247 - Feb 23rd, 2007 at 10:18pm

Quote:
DT - I agree with Freediver's comments on freedom - where we demand freedom for ourselves, yet want to deny it to others - this makes sense.

I can agree on that.
But my opinion stands that so-called 'freedom' is over-rated.

'Freedom' can mean anything depending on the country you live in. If the world was TRULY free, people would be free to take drugs, people would be free to murder anyone they liked and people would be free to rape and commit crimes. That's TRUE freedom.

'Freedom' is a term loosely used to describe many things and in my opinion shouldn't be taken too seriously

'Freedom' is what suits a society best. And as a 'so-called' free society, we should have the right to ban Islamic clothes if the majority (Australians) (No, I don't consider Muslims Australian) wished to do so.

We, as Australians, should be able to decide our own future. It's our so-called 'freedom' to do so.

I hope I've managed to raise a few points for you to think about. I think I confused myself a little bit with that bit of writing.

Quote:
Look I can see your point of view and in so many forums where Islam is discussed - the very strong anti-Islamic views come from those who have been affected in some way - ie lived amongst them, physically abused, gone to school with them, worked  etc. so I am not condemning those who are angry.

Cool. That's all I want. Just acknowledgement. Not denial. Nor acceptance. I just want people to THINK about it.

Quote:
Unfortunately this is not a good topic for me and I should leave it alone, because I really don't feel strongly enough about it... Other than that, I'm too limited on this subject to make a decent contribution.

Fair enough. Not everyone is passionate about this topic. I actually think it's quite noble of you to not get involved in a topic that you don't know nor care about. Some people usually do otherwise, paraphrasing quotes off a politically correct article, or some garbage like that.

Quote:
but then so do other religions - especially one in particular - the Exclusive Bretheren.  Considering they are Australian born and bred, they are a sly, bigoted and regressive religion that would be better suited to 16th century Europe.

I agree. There are definitely worse religions in Australia, but none so widespread as Islam. These religions should be dealt with.

Quote:
Well mantra, there is not many muslims on the central coast...YET.
Ive got a mate at warnervale i go to see often, And to escape sydney!

I've been to the central coast. Great place.

But when I think about those Islamic basterds moving to that area to pick up 'fully sick chix' effectively destroying the area like Bankstown and Lakemba, I truly feel sick to my stomach.  Cry
I'm really sorry about Muslims destroying your city (Sydney), mate.  Sad

Hence, Australians will keep relocating from city to city, trying to escape the Islamic plague until we have no cities left to run to. Then, GAME OVER.
« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2007 at 10:24pm by ex-member DonaldTrump »  

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #248 - Feb 24th, 2007 at 9:12am

Thanks DT - that was a good post from you.  I haven't lived in any area with Muslims and have had very little contact with them, apart from passing them occasionally in the streets of Sydney.

Islam is widespread, but I really believe we should have left it alone.  Many of the majority muslim countries have had their own resources to sustain them quite comfortably and have really had no need to start wars against the West.  It always seems to be us who are the aggressors into their territory and now as more disadvantaged people see the greedy westerners impose their might - they retaliate by becoming Muslims which appears to offer a solution to their misery.

Instead of spending all our wealth on wars - maybe we could lift sanctions and give these countries some of their resources back. 
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2007 at 9:59am by mantra »  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #249 - Feb 24th, 2007 at 3:45pm

Freedom of what??? What does Australian society have that's so free that Muslims want that an Islamic country doesn't provide???

For starters, to choose what they want to wear. The middle east is a good example of what happens when you allow people's rights to be taken away arbitrarily. They are very hard to win back, and there is always someone wanting to take away more of people's rights. You seem to be aware of this, yet you don't seem to comprehend that people would want to get away from that. Do you really think you can know what these people want without asking them?

Does 'father Christmas' sound familiar? In certain Melbourne suburbs, Santa Claus has been banned from being displayed in public.

I know plenty of non-muslim people who support that. Is it illegal to dress as Santa in public? I don't think so.

In my local butchers, they've put a ban on pork

Who put a ban on pork? As far as I know a butcher's is private property and it is up to them how to run their business. Something tells me it was the butchers who chose not to stock pork rather than them not being allowed to.

And besides, are these examples in any way relevant? Do they support your attempts to take away people's rights arbitrarily? You seem to think they do, yet most people would see them as demonstrations of how absurd it is to try to take away people's rights for no valid reason.

Isn't your greatest fear about muslims that they will take away your freedom? If so, why do you want to establish a clear precedent in this country?

If the world was TRULY free, people would be free to take drugs, people would be free to murder anyone they liked and people would be free to rape and commit crimes. That's TRUE freedom. 

Freedom cannot be absolute. Where one freedom infringes on another, society has to choose which freedom it values most. In most cases this is a simple process. For example, in choosing between the freedom to choose what to wear and the freedom to not be offended by other people's dress, our society usually chooses freedom to choose what to wear, especially if the 'offense' is baseless.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Aussie Nationalist
Ex Member

Reply #250 - Feb 24th, 2007 at 10:13pm

LISTEN NOW OR SUFFER LATER. Shocked

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #251 - Feb 26th, 2007 at 12:34am

Quote:

For starters, to choose what they want to wear.

Oh for the love of Shocked... Thats my whole argument! Why are they here if they don't want to wear different clothes from their own country?... Oh, just forget about it!!!  Angry You're clearly too bigoted on this topic to be reasoned with.

Can anyone else see the lack of logic in freedivers posts, or am I just crazy?

Quote:
The middle east is a good example of what happens when you allow people's rights to be taken away arbitrarily. They are very hard to win back, and there is always someone wanting to take away more of people's rights. You seem to be aware of this, yet you don't seem to comprehend that people would want to get away from that.

And if they WANT to get away from that, WHY are they maintaining it here???

THINK freediver! They're living EXACTLY the same way here as they do in the Middle East. Their society DOESN'T infringe on their rights in the Middle East! In fact, it SUITS THEM! The only difference with our society and theirs is that our society gives them rights that they either DON'T WANT or TRY TO SPOIL FOR OTHERS.

Name just ONE of these MAGICAL freedoms that Muslims get in the Australia that they ACTUALLY put to use that they CAN'T get in the Middle East. You seem to be the expert, freediver.

ONE. That's all I ask, freediver.

Quote:
Do you really think you can know what these people want without asking them?

Oh okay genius, what DO they want then?

Freedom?  Grin Pffft. Oh yeah, that 'argument' of yours has kinda been flushed down the toilet, hey?

I don't know 'what they want,' freediver. It could range from anything from the 'unique views' of Ayers Rock, to the 'dream' of having a 'gum-tree' in their backyard. -Although, these outcomes are HIGHLY unlikely. There’s nearly nothing a Muslim wants that’s uniquely offered in Australia that Islamic societies don’t provide.

What I know FOR SURE is what Muslims DON'T want.

Quote:

I know plenty of non-muslim people who support that. Is it illegal to dress as Santa in public? I don't think so.

Yeah, and I know plenty of Muslims who draw pictures of Mohammed.  Roll Eyes

It's self-evident that a majority of Australians don't support the banning of santa, as most are decent minded enough to be aware that it's harmless fun.

You're grasping at straws and it's showing, freediver.  

Quote:
In my local butchers, they've put a ban on pork

Who put a ban on pork? As far as I know a butcher's is private property and it is up to them how to run their business. Something tells me it was the butchers who chose not to stock pork rather than them not being allowed to.

It's up to them, of course. But was it a necessary thing to restrict ALL of us of pork due to a bunch of Muslims who decided to move into the neighbourhood? I say, no. The restriction of pork was a direct result of Muslims in the neighbourhood. Like to prove otherwise? Go ahead and fail.  Huh

What? No comment about Muslims abusing Australian girls?  Roll Eyes

Quote:
And besides, are these examples in any way relevant? Do they support your attempts to take away people's rights arbitrarily?

Yes, actually they do.

Quote:
You seem to think they do, yet most people would see them as demonstrations of how absurd it is to try to take away people's rights for no valid reason.

That's one way to look at it. Or, a more likely outcome would be, 'Muslims who migrate here, shouldn't be acting like that, they should be acting like Australians instead.'
-It can go both ways.

Quote:

Isn't your greatest fear about muslims that they will take away your freedom? If so, why do you want to establish a clear precedent in this country?

I never said it was my greatest fear.

I DON'T believe in 'ideal freedom.' I believe in SOCIETY freedoms. Every SOCIETY is different and people moving into that society should blend into that society. It’s simply common-sense. Either that, or conquer them and establish their own society through force.

And if we need to ban clothing to HELP immigrants fit into society and keep peace, so be it.

Quote:
If the world was TRULY free, people would be free to take drugs, people would be free to murder anyone they liked and people would be free to rape and commit crimes. That's TRUE freedom.  

Freedom cannot be absolute. Where one freedom infringes on another, society has to choose which freedom it values most. In most cases this is a simple process. For example, in choosing between the freedom to choose what to wear and the freedom to not be offended by other people's dress, our society usually chooses freedom to choose what to wear, especially if the 'offense' is baseless.

Whatever.  Roll Eyes
TRUE freedom is doing whatever the hell you want. End of story.

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

Gavin

OzPolitic

Sydney, Australia
Reply #252 - Feb 26th, 2007 at 8:55am

"In my local butchers, they've put a ban on pork"

"It's up to them, of course. But was it a necessary thing to restrict ALL of us of pork due to a bunch of Muslims who decided to move into the neighbourhood? I say, no. The restriction of pork was a direct result of Muslims in the neighbourhood. Like to prove otherwise? Go ahead and fail."

yeah, i've heard about these butchers that don't stock pork and that is because of muslims moving into the neighbourhood.

but from the butchers perspective it makes sense to not stock pork since he can get muslim customers. it just comes down to the concept of supply and demand.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #253 - Feb 26th, 2007 at 11:13am

They aren't maintaining it here. You are equating the wearing of traditional clothes with support of everything you don't like
(and they don't like) about the middle east. That is a lot of assumptions to make based on what people wear, and as far as I can tell you have made zero effort to find out if your assumptions are correct.

Their society DOESN'T infringe on their rights in the Middle East! In fact, it SUITS THEM!

DT, many of these women are from a society where the punishment for being raped is stoning to death. And you want to hassle them about what they wear! Do you really believe that it suits them to be treated like pieces of meat? I think it's reasonable to grant them a bit of leeway if they don't want to strip of to a bikini and go for a swim at bondi on their first day here. Our own ancestors took a long time to give up European traditions that have no place here, and still hang on to many of them against all reason.

I said ask them. There's no point asking me.

That's one way to look at it. Or, a more likely outcome would be, 'Muslims who migrate here, shouldn't be acting like that, they should be acting like Australians instead.' 

This may come as a surprise to you, but there is no one way to act Australian.

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #254 - Feb 26th, 2007 at 1:35pm

Quote:

They aren't maintaining it here. You are equating the wearing of traditional clothes with support of everything you don't like  
(and they don't like) about the middle east. That is a lot of assumptions to make based on what people wear, and as far as I can tell you have made zero effort to find out if your assumptions are correct.

Oh bvllsh1t. How do you propose that I go out and find out if my 'assumptions' are correct? Interview them and come back with the answers? They'll lie pal. Muslims are the most biased people as far as religion goes. They'll just say,  "oh of course I don't, I love Australia," while at the same time leaving out the little fact that they support sharia law.  All I can draw from is personal experience, freediver. All I know freediver, even if I did SAY I've met muslims who support my arguments.. you'd just say... "Oh but that's just a minority." You'll NEVER be satisfied, will you?

-It's not like you'reproving your assumptions either, freediver. All you're doing is:
A) Avoiding points I make in above posts, optioning only to choose the ones that 'mildly' support your argument.
B) Constantly avoiding giving answers and challenging me to give answers instead.
C) Have 0 knowledge on Islam yourself, but have the nerve to claim that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Quote:
Their society DOESN'T infringe on their rights in the Middle East! In fact, it SUITS THEM!

DT, many of these women are from a society where the punishment for being raped is stoning to death. And you want to hassle them about what they wear! Do you really believe that it suits them to be treated like pieces of meat? I think it's reasonable to grant them a bit of leeway if they don't want to strip of to a bikini and go for a swim at bondi on their first day here. Our own ancestors took a long time to give up European traditions that have no place here, and still hang on to many of them against all reason

Pfft. As if it was the WIVES choice to immigrate to Australia. They aren't even allowed to go out in PUBLIC, let alone going out to apply for immigration.

Quote:

I said ask them. There's no point asking me.

So.. . let me get this straight, you don't know ANYTHING about what your challenging me with?

Quote:

This may come as a surprise to you, but there is no one way to act Australian.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 27
Send Topic Print