Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23
Send Topic Print
ISLAM [from multiculturalism board] (Read 69788 times)
prometheus

OzPolitic

Re: Islamic studies 'will counter ignorance'
Reply #210 - Oct 31st, 2007 at 8:59am

Quote:
I dont see Islam as evil in itself, but the evil is brought out by the JEWS as it would in us Christians if we were PHYSICALLY invaded by those Jews.

Hey FD, What would you do if Israel invaded Australia?

and thats likey to happen too Roll Eyes

You would only think that way if you were a German.
« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2007 at 9:09am by prometheus »  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #211 - Oct 31st, 2007 at 6:15pm

The same thing I'd do if any other country invaded. Though it is a rather absurd question. I think it says a lot about your paranoia of jews. You shouldn't take all that racist propaganda so seriously.

In historical context ?? I am alive now, not 200 years ago.

Those who do not learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them.

their religion is their politics. They are inseperable.

Their politics and our politics are also inseperable now. That doesn't mean you cannot think rationally about the politics.
« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2007 at 6:25pm by freediver »  

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #212 - Oct 31st, 2007 at 6:48pm

Hi freediver :-
No, I don't ignore history at all.

"The angel of the LORD also said to her:
      "You are now with child and you will have a son.
      You shall name him Ishmael, for the LORD has heard of your misery.

He will be a wild donkey of a man;
      his hand will be against everyone and everyone's hand against him,
      and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers."

Genesis 16:11-12

About 4000 years ago. Very approximately. Muslims follow ishmael, it is in the koran.
Ishmael is an assassain and traitor in the bible - hey, same as muslims !!!!

I know their politics - dominate.

I have heard a moderate muslim (a scientist) defend a paedophile mohammad) and justify muslims who riot at cartoons.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #213 - Oct 31st, 2007 at 7:06pm

Taking your history lessons from religious texts rather than what actually happens is just as bad as joining your religion and your politics. It's a quote about someone's personality, not an attempt to grasp the underlying causes of terrorism.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

LowTideJettyJumper

OzPolitic

Reply #214 - Nov 1st, 2007 at 7:45am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Oct 27th, 2007 at 12:05am:
Think they should start by "educating" the muslim terrorists first ?

Well, muslim is an unrequired word, all terrorists are muslims.

Terrorism is not our doing. muslims have always been murdering each other and anyone who is handy

Not all muslims murder people... I thought that would have been obvious! Just because they were big robes!

I went jetty jumping at low tide and broke both of my ankles.

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Muslims are pretty rude..
Reply #215 - Sep 3rd, 2007 at 12:42pm

I have to admit I've had doubts in the past whether Muslims are indeed as rude as I thought they were.

After all... most of my observations of them were from afar, in places such as the library, supermarket, the train, etc etc etc.

I always had a hint of doubt in the back of my mind that maybe... just maybe... they aren't as bad as I think they are... and that the lefties could be indeed correct when they say, "just get to know them personally and you will see how different they are to how you perceive them."

Well... I'm here to say today... that everything I thought about them... seems to be confirmed in talking with them on a personal basis. Hence making me dislike them even more (If that's possible).

My new job... (I'm not disclosing it)... forces me to deal with them every day. And believe me... they are the rudest bunch of people I have ever come across. 10 times worse than the average Aussie customer. And about five times worse than a southern European customer (I think Italians and Greeks are particularly hard to deal with).

Now... this thread is mainly targetting Gavin... because in his accounting job... he has to work alongside these guys...

I know I'm not 'getting to know them on a personal basis' as much as you, Gavin. As I only deal with them once or twice for about on hour each time and most likely never see them again after that.... but they just seem to be arrrogant, rude, loud... and above all... swindling. What are the ones like that you work with? Have I been misled by these meetings with them? Is by some coincidence all of the ones I've met acting in the same manner a fluke?

I met a perfectly nice guy the other day... an IRAQI believe it or not. And I liked him... because he was well-mannered, quiet and seemed to be quite a humble and happy fellow. --Might I add, he was also a Christian?

Are you working with actual 'Muslims?' If so, are they Shiite or Sunni? Or are they not Muslims at all and are simply dark-skinned from the Middle East?

Anyway, to all you lefites out there... who say 'meet them before you judge them' perhaps it's time that you got a taste of your own medicine and went out and met a few and observed how they act towards Australians. Seriously, if you get along with them, your standards must be pretty low.

Quote:
Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Muslims are pretty rude..
Reply #216 - Sep 3rd, 2007 at 1:19pm

Sounds more like a clash of cultures - ie what you percieve as rudeness is just unfamiliarity with a different culture. I am sure your own bias is also influencing your observations. That is, you are not observing how other people behave in a vaccuum. You are witnessing how they respond to you. This can say almost as much about you as it does about them.

IP Logged

DILLIGAF
Gold Member

The greens are red
Reply #217 - Sep 4th, 2007 at 3:32pm

Yes they are and ive been belting this out for years.

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #218 - Sep 4th, 2007 at 4:31pm

I find muslims more twofaced and deceptive, then outright rude.

Least hilali was upfront

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #219 - Sep 4th, 2007 at 6:30pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Sep 4th, 2007 at 4:31pm:
I find muslims more twofaced and deceptive, then outright rude.

Least hilali was upfront

Moreso, they are very sneaky and attempt to be 'tricky'.

Especially when they try to make 'deals' with me.

Have you ever seen a Muslim go into a store and try and buy something for half the price? -Even if it's in a big corporation where the employees have no hope in hell of lowering the price?

Quote:
ie what you percieve as rudeness is just unfamiliarity with a different culture.

Therefore, rudeness is there culture is it freediver?  Roll Eyes
If that's the case then I don't want it. Maybe I should just adapt to the rudeness for the rest of my life and not blink an eye? After all... this is more their country than mine, isn't it?

Quote:
I am sure your own bias is also influencing your observations.

My observations were very straight forward... I acted politely, they acted loudly, obnoxiously and tried intimidating me. That's rude behaviour. It's peasant culture. Compared to Australian + Asian and even Indian people (I know that's stretching it a bit) they were ten times worse, IMHO.

Quote:
You are witnessing how they respond to you. This can say almost as much about you as it does about them.

No... I treated them no better or no worse than other people. No, and I didn't shoot them dirty looks either. I'm very reserved and mild-mannered in real life. This forum allows me to vent some frustration.

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #220 - Sep 4th, 2007 at 9:38pm

Therefore, rudeness is there culture is it freediver?

No. It's just that most of what constitutes politness is not universal.

My observations were very straight forward... I acted politely, they acted loudly, obnoxiously and tried intimidating me.

Nothing is ever straight forward. I find it hard to believe you would be able to interact with these people without exuding hostility. Polite hostility of course. People always underestimate their own influence on these situations.

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #221 - Sep 5th, 2007 at 1:54am

Quote:
I find it hard to believe you would be able to interact with these people without exuding hostility.

I did. Don't believe me? Tough.

Quote:
People always underestimate their own influence on these situations.

Oh good god. I'm a pro at body language. I didn't give any negative vibes at all. I approached them in EXACTLY the same way I did with Aussies. Spoke in the same way... didn't make any unnecessary facial expressions.. didn't 'sigh' or 'groan' or roll my eyes.. nothing. It was fool proof. Most even spoke to me aggressively/rudely before I even had the opportunity to notice them.

Quote:
No. It's just that most of what constitutes politness is not universal.

Oh I see. So I have to put up with it for the rest of my life, do I?

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #222 - Sep 5th, 2007 at 10:44am

freediver acts like a muslim.
"It's all your fault, Donald", "you should have bowed and scraped at their arrogant rude ways."

Donald, try even a slight insult at them next time.  Can see why they gleefully murder each other.

fanatics

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #223 - Sep 5th, 2007 at 11:02am

Sprint, that is not what I said.

I did. Don't believe me? Tough.

I'm not saying you are lying. I'm saying you are unaware of your own role.

Oh I see. So I have to put up with it for the rest of my life, do I?

Yes.

Did you know that Australians have a tendency to speak quietly, understate things, use self deprecation and have larger personal space? Once you recognise that it is down to culture and not rudeness, you stop being offended. Then you start interacting in a more constructive way. You cannot expect people to simply change things that they do without thinking, but you can expect others to get over it once they see it for what it is. Constantly seeking comfort in the familiar is a sign of a closed mind.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #224 - Sep 5th, 2007 at 12:19pm

See donald, it was due to your ignorance. If we were all like them, it'ld be ok.
It's your fault.
According to frediver.

they won't assimilate to us, so we have to bow and scrape to assimilate to them - NOT !!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23
Send Topic Print