Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23
Send Topic Print
ISLAM [from multiculturalism board] (Read 69787 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Muslims are pretty rude..
Reply #225 - Sep 5th, 2007 at 12:35pm

Sprint, I am merely pointing out that there is no need to take get hung up on superficial differences. We do not have to assimilate. Neither do they. We all just need to get over our own egos.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #226 - Sep 5th, 2007 at 7:35pm

Sprint Quote:
See donald, it was due to your ignorance. If we were all like them, it'ld be ok.
It's your fault.
According to frediver.

Freediver Quote:
Sprint, I am merely pointing out that there is no need to take get hung up on superficial differences. We do not have to assimilate. Neither do they. We all just need to get over our own egos.

No.. actually Freediver... that's PRECISELY what you're saying.

Quote:
I'm saying you are unaware of your own role.

No... I was aware of my own role. I was being myself.

Quote:
Oh I see. So I have to put up with it for the rest of my life, do I?  

Yes.

That's a horrible thing to say freediver.

Quote:
Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #227 - Sep 5th, 2007 at 7:42pm

Quote:
Once you recognise that it is down to culture and not rudeness, you stop being offended.

Well, I recogise that many things are cultural differences with Muslims. And I'm still offended. What now? More tolerance?

Quote:
You cannot expect people to simply change things that they do without thinking

Yes... that's why I'm starting this conversation on this forum... to make Muslims aware of how rude they are and how much it makes me dislike them. Maybe I should inform them next time? -Get it out in the open to make them aware of it? Get fired?

Quote:
Constantly seeking comfort in the familiar is a sign of a closed mind.

Man... 'an open mind' can only go so far before it just becomes downright stupidity and destructive freediver.

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

Progs

Port Stephens, NSW
Reply #228 - Sep 5th, 2007 at 8:36pm

DT, you say that you behaved in EXACTLY the same way you behave around Aussies. How do you know how you behave around Aussies? Who do you define as an Aussie?

Also if you were so AWARE of how you were behaving around Muslims, then I think you will find that some of them may have detected this and responded accordingly.

And what FD says about you having to put up with it is wrong. You could always go and join AAFI or One Nation and make your opinions heard in the hope that there is a portion of population that agrees with you. Its a free country and you have the right (I may be wrong, considering this is Howard's Australia) to express your opinion in whatever manner, in whatever place and on any venue that you see fit. So instead of venting your frustration on the net, do something about the things that YOU think need changing.

An Aussie for Progressive Progressivness.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #229 - Sep 5th, 2007 at 8:54pm

DT what's stupid is getting all upset over what are just petty cultural differences. Just get over it already. It won't hurt.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #230 - Sep 5th, 2007 at 9:18pm

freediver wrote on Sep 5th, 2007 at 8:54pm:
DT what's stupid is getting all upset over what are just petty cultural differences. Just get over it already. It won't hurt.

'Petty cultural differences' eh?

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #231 - Sep 5th, 2007 at 9:27pm

Quote:
DT, you say that you behaved in EXACTLY the same way you behave around Aussies. How do you know how you behave around Aussies? Who do you define as an Aussie?

I just know... okay? Body language... voice tone... etc etc etc. Trust me... it wasn't me who causes the problems. Is it that hard to believe?

Quote:
Also if you were so AWARE of how you were behaving around Muslims, then I think you will find that some of them may have detected this and responded accordingly.

I really don't think so. Like I said... they acted that way even before I realised they were there.

Quote:
And what FD says about you having to put up with it is wrong. You could always go and join AAFI or One Nation and make your opinions heard in the hope that there is a portion of population that agrees with you. Its a free country and you have the right (I may be wrong, considering this is Howard's Australia) to express your opinion in whatever manner, in whatever place and on any venue that you see fit. So instead of venting your frustration on the net, do something about the things that YOU think need changing.

Well... in Victoria... we have a little something called the religious and racial vilification laws... where IF I did speak out about it (Muslims etc)... or answered back to these guys...
A) I'd get sued by them or get some kind of fine by the Government if reported (I wouldn't put it past money grubbing peopel like that).
B) I'd get the sack.

That's my predicament. I would seriously think about replying to them and explaining that you shouldn't act like that i Australia... unfortunately.. they'd complain to the boss and Id get sacked... or... I'd have to put up with a screaming Muslim accusing me of being racist for about two hours and copping abuse from all of their relatives and getting death threats occasionally from all their relatives (trust me... they come in numbers).

That's the way it is in Victoria. At least people in NSW can speak out about things like this. I live in a dictatorship state.

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

Progs

Port Stephens, NSW
Reply #232 - Sep 5th, 2007 at 9:47pm

I have to admit, I am struggling with the concept that you may actually be right, because believe it or not, the Muslims in my town seem to be very ordinary. They wear ordinary clothes (albeit, they do wear hijabs), they talk with an Aussie accent, they let their kids - boys and girls - go to the beach without supervision, they drive fords and they talk to everyone. But what I'm seeing may be unique.  but I do see the predicament you're in, and I think it's quite hypocritical and counter-productive to have laws preventing you from having a say. Better to let it flow than to bottle it up, as the old cliche goes.

An Aussie for Progressive Progressivness.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #233 - Sep 6th, 2007 at 10:10am

freediver - cultural differences huh ??

"ISLAMIST terrorists arrested in Germany were planning a September 11 bloodbath at airports and US bases on the sixth anniversary of the carnage in America, authorities say.
Prosecutors and police painted a picture of a ruthless cell of al-Qaeda-linked fanatics willing to die in suicide attacks with bombs far more powerful than those that blew apart London buses and trains in 2005."
http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/germans-arrest-three-over-terror/2007/09/05/1188783317805.html

"DANISH police have arrested eight young Muslims on suspicion of plotting a bomb attack and having links with al-Qaeda.
Jakob Scharf, director of the police Security Intelligence Service, did not say what the alleged target was. But he said it was the first direct al-Qaeda connection discovered in Denmark."
http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/danish-alqaeda-claims/2007/09/05/1188783317814.html

Tell us about how the lack of assimilatin again

We should make the known muslim society pay for our expenses to defend outrselves against them.
For the damages caused. Just like any criminal case.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #234 - Sep 6th, 2007 at 12:04pm

they acted that way even before I realised they were there

How do you know this?

For someone who thinks they can control their own body language so well, you certainly get bothered by other people's body language easily. To me this seems no different to getting upset at a scottsman for wearing a kilt.

The fact that you seem to think the terror arrests are even relevant to this discussion shows how much your judgement is influenced by prejudice. You are upset with them because they are muslim and you are afraid of muslims, not because they are rude.

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #235 - Sep 9th, 2007 at 10:13pm

Quote:
I have to admit, I am struggling with the concept that you may actually be right, because believe it or not, the Muslims in my town seem to be very ordinary. They wear ordinary clothes (albeit, they do wear hijabs), they talk with an Aussie accent, they let their kids - boys and girls - go to the beach without supervision, they drive fords and they talk to everyone.

Undecided Fair enough... that's why I starteed this thread... to see if my posiition is unique.  But what I'm hearing from everywhere else (Not on this forum so far.. apart from sprint)... it seems to back up what I'm seeing.
Do you interact with them in any other way than observing them talking with other people and watching them go to the beach?

The ones I intereact with... DO NOT have Aussie accents... they have very thick, diluted Aussie/Middle Eastern accent. And I'd much prefer hearing the full-on Middle Eastern accent... beccause the hybrid accent sounds absolutely horrible.

The men certainly aren't dressed in the tradional muslim-dress... but they certainly live up to their stereotype wearing something that looks like it came straight out of the movie wog boy. The women however, are dressed full-on (Head to toe burqa). The Muslim children (girls) are extremely well-behaved. But the Muslim boys are the most spoilt little brats with the biggest egos I've ever seen in a child. -No doubt caused by their religion and favouritism of the males.

As far as them letting their kids go around without supervision... I find that pretty reckless. Do you live in a country area or something? Do you consider that a good thing?

Driving fords... meh.

Quote:
But what I'm seeing may be unique.  but I do see the predicament you're in, and I think it's quite hypocritical and counter-productive to have laws preventing you from having a say. Better to let it flow than to bottle it up, as the old cliche goes.

Thanks. I'm glad you're not biased enough to ignore this point.

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #236 - Sep 9th, 2007 at 10:26pm

As for you freediver...

Quote:
For someone who thinks they can control their own body language so well, you certainly get bothered by other people's body language easily. To me this seems no different to getting upset at a scottsman for wearing a kilt.

How does something someone is wearing on their body count as 'body language' you tool? -I guess you've just articulated your point poorly or something. I dunno.

On your first point... just becasue I'm aware of people's body language and my own, freediver, it doesn't mean I LIKE or 'don't mind' observing rude behaviour. I don't know why you find this so hard to believe.

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #237 - Sep 10th, 2007 at 11:51am

On your first point... just becasue I'm aware of people's body language and my own, freediver, it doesn't mean I LIKE or 'don't mind' observing rude behaviour. I don't know why you find this so hard to believe.

I'm not saying you aren't offended. I'm saying that at least in this instance, the problem ultimately lies with you, not them. There is nothing universal to say that their behaviour is rude. It's just different to what you are accustomed to.

The kilt situation is similar (ie not exactly the same) because they are both things that it would be silly to get wound up over.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #238 - Sep 10th, 2007 at 12:50pm

freediver - that's what you said many postings ago. 
And what everyone says when anyone ever has any problem with any muslim.
It's always the nonmuslims fault. probably because everyone is so scared of the beheading fanatics, or they are so arrogant they cannot be wrong.

legally in vic, noone is allowed to say anything against any muslium at all.
wadda turnaround from freedom of speech.
Course  it's ok to give howard, bush or christians a blast.
But muzzies just don't take it. so don't annoy them.
knuckle under, just like the name islam means - "submission".

burn every koran

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #239 - Sep 10th, 2007 at 12:54pm

And what everyone says when anyone ever has any problem with any muslim.  
It's always the nonmuslims fault.

Ever? So when Muslims flew planes into the WTC, people told you we should just get used to it?

probably because everyone is so scared of the beheading fanatics

No. Because we are scared of becoming the beheading fanatic.

legally in vic, noone is allowed to say anything against any muslium at all.

crap

Sprint, it's you and DT that are trying to put all the blame on the muslims. I am just trying to put it into perspective.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23
Send Topic Print