Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23
Send Topic Print
ISLAM [from multiculturalism board] (Read 69783 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: ''Offensive to Islam''
Reply #285 - Jun 22nd, 2007 at 5:45pm

Furthermore, todays Islamic terrorists/so-called freedom fighters wouldn't even exist without the help of the media and the Michael Moore types who support them. If we just shut up... they'd go away.

You don't honestly believe that do you? The Islamists get more milage from Michael Moore than from western countries interfering in the middle east? Or do you think they wouldn't notice without westerners pointing it out to them?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #286 - Jun 22nd, 2007 at 6:10pm

freediver wrote on Jun 22nd, 2007 at 5:45pm:
Furthermore, todays Islamic terrorists/so-called freedom fighters wouldn't even exist without the help of the media and the Michael Moore types who support them. If we just shut up... they'd go away.

You don't honestly believe that do you? The Islamists get more milage from Michael Moore than from western countries interfering in the middle east? Or do you think they wouldn't notice without westerners pointing it out to them?

Yes... I do believe that freediver.

Not with Michael Moore specifically, but with the media in general. One of the major platforms for terrorism is the media. It's how they generate support and funding. If we just turned off our camera's and stopped giving them such media coverage... they'd cease to exist.

Quote:
Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #287 - Jun 22nd, 2007 at 6:12pm

You think they are incapable of operating a camera themselves? It is not our media that is stirring them up, it is their own media.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

AusNat
Ex Member

Reply #288 - Jun 22nd, 2007 at 6:15pm

Quote:
If we had total war, we could absolutely slaughter the Middle East. But a little thing called UN human rights are holding us back. Ah well... that's life.

Damn right. thats why the iraq war is lost too. the lack of the declaration of TOTAL WAR.
Its the only way to fight.

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #289 - Jun 22nd, 2007 at 6:19pm

What's with the 14/88 AusNat?

IP Logged

AusNat 14/88
Ex Member

Reply #290 - Jun 22nd, 2007 at 6:21pm

THIS

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #291 - Jun 22nd, 2007 at 6:26pm

and the 88 bit?

IP Logged

AusNat 14/88
Ex Member

Reply #292 - Jun 22nd, 2007 at 6:28pm

HEIL HITLER  Wink

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #293 - Jun 22nd, 2007 at 6:41pm

freediver wrote on Jun 22nd, 2007 at 6:12pm:
You think they are incapable of operating a camera themselves? It is not our media that is stirring them up, it is their own media.

Don't think so. Most of the media exposure they get are from Al Jazeera and CNN.

Look at September 11th. You can't honestly say that didn't boost the popularity of terrorism worldwide. That was captured by America's cameras. It gives terrorists a morale boost.

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

Classic Liberal
Gold Member

OzPolitic

sydney
Reply #294 - Jun 22nd, 2007 at 7:51pm

if no television stations in the world published their "plight" their support diminish world wide. also teh support for our good governements would increase as their would be no opposition. simple mathematics.

as for vietnam, general westmorland, head of the US army in vietnam issued a report strait after the 1968 tet offensive claiming a great military victory, and requested 500 000 more troops for a full scale invasion of north vietnam claiming militarily the enemy was in tatters.

unfortunatly Johnson had already given in to media pressure which had filmed the tet offensive and portrayed it as a us defeat (the viets lost cloe to 50 000 soldiers the US just 6000 in the battle). Johnson ordered the slow withdrawel of troops from vietnam over the next few years. He even admitted it was the media not his generals that decided the fate for the war when he said

"i knew when i lost cronkite, i lost the war", walter cronkite was the most famous media personality at the time.

now if tehre were no cameras, america would have invaded north Vietnam and the story would have been different.

one could infer the same would happen to the middle eastern conflicts.

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #295 - Jun 22nd, 2007 at 9:49pm

Classic Liberal wrote on Jun 22nd, 2007 at 7:51pm:
if no television stations in the world published their "plight" their support diminish world wide. also teh support for our good governements would increase as their would be no opposition. simple mathematics.

as for vietnam, general westmorland, head of the US army in vietnam issued a report strait after the 1968 tet offensive claiming a great military victory, and requested 500 000 more troops for a full scale invasion of north vietnam claiming militarily the enemy was in tatters.

unfortunatly Johnson had already given in to media pressure which had filmed the tet offensive and portrayed it as a us defeat (the viets lost cloe to 50 000 soldiers the US just 6000 in the battle). Johnson ordered the slow withdrawel of troops from vietnam over the next few years. He even admitted it was the media not his generals that decided the fate for the war when he said

"i knew when i lost cronkite, i lost the war", walter cronkite was the most famous media personality at the time.

now if tehre were no cameras, america would have invaded north Vietnam and the story would have been different.

one could infer the same would happen to the middle eastern conflicts.

Very good post Pender.

Also, comparing the death count for America and Vietnam it becomes quite clear who was kicking who's butt in the war. America was slaughtering em.'

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #296 - Jun 22nd, 2007 at 10:54pm

This is an excellent thread.

thanks all. will read it and ponder.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #297 - Jun 23rd, 2007 at 12:42pm

if no television stations in the world published their "plight" their support diminish world wide.

Sure, if we practiced censorship, we wopuld end up caring less about those whom the censors don't want us to know about. You can hardly claim that this is a good thing. Also, most of their support is local and based on regional issues. It is only western ignorance of middle eastern politics that leads people to believe that western media coverage of 9/11 was somehow significant.

IP Logged

Classic Liberal
Gold Member

OzPolitic

sydney
Reply #298 - Jun 23rd, 2007 at 6:14pm

in our ban on media we include al jazera

IP Logged

AusNat 14/88
Ex Member

Reply #299 - Jun 23rd, 2007 at 9:55pm

I thought it was illegal to  watch al-jazera in Aust?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23
Send Topic Print