Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23
Send Topic Print
ISLAM [from multiculturalism board] (Read 69780 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: muslim honour
Reply #75 - Jun 13th, 2007 at 4:47pm

The race thing is a total crackpot theory. Plenty of people have tried to prove it. They have all failed. I agree that culture is a cause. Religion I am still highly doubtful of, given the tenuous nature of the links you lot have tried to make.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #76 - Jun 13th, 2007 at 5:02pm

Aussie says...."These people arent as evolved as we are "by whos defintion and whos standards do you base this on and just saying 'mine' would not be sufficient,.

I dont accept that because a race has different cultural values and religion deems them less evolved than you me or anyone else.They just believe something different thru social conditioning from birth.

We all have the capacity to learn somthing different. being unable to learn it, that would be different.
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2007 at 5:18pm by oceanz »  

&&Jade Rawlings on Cousins " He makes our team walk taller..a very good team man , Ben Cousins"

IP Logged

AusNat
Ex Member

Reply #77 - Jun 13th, 2007 at 7:53pm

I dont have to base these theories on anybody else. i have my own brain.
What have the Blacks of Africa invented?
The wheel? NO
Iron tools? NO
Did they invent modern cultivation? NO
Did they start the industrial revolution? NO
Have they sailed vast distances in ships with the view to explore? NO
Did they build vast civilizations? NO
Did they ever discover modern medicine? NO

I could go on.

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #78 - Jun 13th, 2007 at 11:22pm

freediver - uhuh, different races are different.
Did you see the list of countries living standards I posted ??
ALL the lower ones were ran and populated by blacks.
ALL the top ones were ran and populated by whites.
ALL of them, every one.

Who wants to live in botswana , or Switzerland ?

had a read and did a posting on my forum about the witch burning.  Thankfully is was not done by christians (phew, was so relieved at that one). Wiccans Iknow are pretty good.
The courts were   ... ggrrr, can't recall the word now. Similar to sectarian, but not that one.
anyway, not us for this once !!!  Apparently churches helped in stopping it.  Happened to female and male witches.  Was often the result of a false accusation by a jealous suspicious wife against another woman. There was no defense against that accusation

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

AusNat
Ex Member

Reply #79 - Jun 13th, 2007 at 11:37pm

AH yes the list of countries. proof is there.

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #80 - Jun 14th, 2007 at 12:44am

freediver wrote on Jun 13th, 2007 at 4:47pm:
The race thing is a total crackpot theory. Plenty of people have tried to prove it. They have all failed. I agree that culture is a cause. Religion I am still highly doubtful of, given the tenuous nature of the links you lot have tried to make.

Freediver, it isn't a total crackpot theory.

Who's the 'plenty of people have tried' that you're refering to anyway?

Quote:
Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #81 - Jun 14th, 2007 at 11:02am

AH yes the list of countries. proof is there.

That is not proof. That is one of the most basic logical fallacies - the association fallacy.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/articles/logical-fallacies.html#association%20fallacy

Yes it is.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #82 - Jun 14th, 2007 at 12:43pm

how do you explain the race association displayed in the list freediver ?

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #83 - Jun 14th, 2007 at 12:49pm

Jared Diamond does a pretty good job in "Guns, germs and Steel." It's a very interesting book. No doubt there are plenty of competing theories.

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #84 - Jun 14th, 2007 at 3:59pm

freediver wrote on Jun 14th, 2007 at 11:02am:

Yes it is.

Ah yes... good defense freediver. 'Yes it is.'  Roll Eyes

Once again... who's the 'plenty of people have tried' that you're refering to? Cat got your tongue, freediver?

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #85 - Jun 14th, 2007 at 4:07pm

DT, it is consigned to the history books. History tends not to remember the great failures, but it is common knowledge that attempts to prove that genetics is to blame for these things have been made and have failed. I am not going to go to any effort to prove something that is already well known. I'm sure the information is available if you are actually interested enough to look into the original sources.

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #86 - Jun 14th, 2007 at 4:32pm

freediver wrote on Jun 14th, 2007 at 4:07pm:
DT, it is consigned to the history books. History tends not to remember the great failures, but it is common knowledge that attempts to prove that genetics is to blame for these things have been made and have failed. I am not going to go to any effort to prove something that is already well known. I'm sure the information is available if you are actually interested enough to look into the original sources.

Bvllsh1t. You're just not answering a straight forward question because you have no frickin clue about the subject.

I think they did rather brilliant work in the late 19th century and early 20th century considering the primitive nature of science. They found physical differences and differences in behaviour depending on what race you were from.

But all of a sudden... study of genetic differences stopped... why?

Advanced science took off shortly after the age of political correctness. I highly doubt there is a school/university in the country that promotes the idea of investigating the differences in race... if anything, they focus on trying to prove that there is no such thing as race... given the leftist nature of Universities these days.

And IF you DARE claim that the area of 'race' is understudied, and the phychology of different races needs to be investigated further... you get sacked/threatened by the heads of the University.

And one of the things you learn even in primary school is that the potential/what makes up the human brain is largely unknown, and a great mystery of human anatomy. How can we say we really understand the potential of different races when we don't even understand something as vital as the human brain?

Who writes up the history of 'these great failures' anyway?  Grin -Politically correct bigots at Universities... that's who.

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #87 - Jun 14th, 2007 at 4:45pm

DT, there are more than enough people around with an interest in proving racist theories to do it if it could be done and more than enough market to make 'successful' research commercially viable. It can't. If it could, you wouldn't be relying so heavily on the association fallacy and conspiracy theories.

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #88 - Jun 14th, 2007 at 4:57pm

Quote:
DT, there are more than enough people around with an interest in proving racist theories to do it if it could be done and more than enough market to make 'successful' research commercially viable. It can't. If it could, you wouldn't be relying so heavily on the association fallacy and conspiracy theories.

Freediver... unless you're a genius and can learn science without the help of University and resources it provides... then you no chance to study it further.

Try going up to the professor and saying, "Hey professor... I wanna study the difference between white people and black people's mentality and physical differences." -He'd be kicked out of the course faster than you can say 'white supremist.'

Take it from someone who knows, freediver. Universities don't tolerate this kinda stuff.

In fact, let's try this guy called Andrew Fraser as a case study, where he made the claim that there were differences in the intelligence between blacks and whites. -He was an Associate Professor in the Department of Public Law at Macquarie University in Sydney. For his stance, he was suspended from the University. Macquarie University Vice Chancellor Dianne Yerbury on July 29, 2005 decided to suspend Fraser from teaching any further at the campus on the grounds that the race debate was "threatening to spill over into the classroom" and was "affecting the university's ability to operate effectively."  Give me a break.  Roll Eyes

If you study the differences between races at University.. you risk having your name publicly tarnished and labelled a 'racist' for the rest of your life. Is it really worth the risk?

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #89 - Jun 14th, 2007 at 5:07pm

Sure DT, if you turned out to be right. Coming up with something that goes against the mainstream view is always risky, but has huge rewards. If there was anything in it, a few sackings like the one you highlighted would have no chance of keeping it under wraps. What you don't realise is that people used to think like you do. There was no risk in studying it and people did study it. They came up with nothing of value. It was the notion that race was not a factor that had the real struggle for acceptance in academic circles and which had to prove itself. A study which aims to show that there are no differences is no different in terms of it's contribution to science than a study that aims to show that there are differences.

What universities don't tolerate is people trying to waste their funds on something that has already been done to death. If you put in the hard yards and came up with something new to test or a more refined test, there would be a university somewhere in the world willing to take you on, even if just to prove that race is not a factor.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23
Send Topic Print