LABOR AND GREENS DEAL (Read 8168 times)
oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

LABOR AND GREENS DEAL
Oct 27th, 2007 at 6:05pm

Labor chooses Greens deal over Family FirstBy Lachlan Heywood
October 27, 2007 12:00am

LABOR has lost its chance of securing Family First preferences after moving to stitch up a deal with the Greens.

Greens leader Bob Brown yesterday said a deal to swap preferences with Labor in all states except Tasmania was close to being finalised.

"We're working very hard and we're coming very close to getting a preference arrangement for a swap with the Labor Party," Senator Brown said.

"That will be marginal seats on the mainland. In the Lower House, the Greens' preferences will be directed to Labor in return for the states and territories Labor preferences going to the Greens (in the Senate)."

Family First leader Steve Fielding said Labor's "grubby" deal with was a complete sell-out on Australian families.

"It virtually hands the Greens the balance of power in the Senate and control of everything that happens in Australia, which is horrifying," he said.

Senator Fielding said Family First was willing to do a preference deal with the major parties, but Labor walked away from negotiations because they preferred the Greens.

"Family First stands for balance and common sense yet Labor has instead opted for the extreme Greens who will hold the Government to ransom to dictate their dangerous agenda."

Labor frontbencher Stephen Conroy said no deals had been decided.

"Let's wait and see what is announced as opposed to what various people claim," he said.

Greens Senate candidate for Queensland, Larissa Waters, and Democrats Senator Andrew Bartlett will also make a joint announcement about preferences in Brisbane today.

&&Jade Rawlings on Cousins " He makes our team walk taller..a very good team man , Ben Cousins"

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: LABOR AND GREENS DEAL
Reply #1 - Oct 27th, 2007 at 10:03pm

Bobs an idiot.
He did a deal with ALP last election and got dudded.

Even if it works, greens will get gagged. It is a no win idea.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2 - Oct 27th, 2007 at 11:43pm

So Family First is spitting chips because they missed out on their own grubby deal and complaining about the one the Greens got. Didn't family first only get in on a lot of preference deals?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Dec 3rd, 2018 at 8:30pm

Well the ALP has the Greens well and truly in bed with them now. Along with the Unions - the three of them are one big happy party now.

ALP will win next election and you watch the Unions get stuck in and the Green agenda come out of the closet again.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #4 - Dec 3rd, 2018 at 9:30pm

Jasin wrote on Dec 3rd, 2018 at 8:30pm:
Well the ALP has the Greens well and truly in bed with them now. Along with the Unions - the three of them are one big happy party now.

ALP will win next election and you watch the Unions get stuck in and the Green agenda come out of the closet again.

You are kidding right ???? 2007 ???

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #5 - Dec 6th, 2018 at 1:44pm

Dnarever wrote on Dec 3rd, 2018 at 9:30pm:
Jasin wrote on Dec 3rd, 2018 at 8:30pm:

You are kidding right ???? 2007 ???

Politics is a kind of longer term thing.

It makes perfect sense in my opinion  Cheesy

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print