Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
WHY HOWARD LOST.......... (Read 17174 times)
deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Re: WHY HOWARD LOST..........
Reply #15 - Mar 30th, 2008 at 7:53pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Mar 30th, 2008 at 7:46pm:
I think Johnny lost because Aussies have had it too good for too long.
We got lazy and unrealistic.
With every decision John has made during the years there is always some people that will dislike the answer.
Be it "right" or "wrong".
Eventually those % of people grow and grow.
media finds Johnny to be an easy target.
New boy comes along, all promises of saving the world, lowering petrol and grocery prices, making houses cheaper.
Media laps him up.

John is voted out

Cry

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #16 - Mar 30th, 2008 at 8:21pm

Let's look at 'climate change'.  This whole concept is flawed science.  The earth has undergone 'climate change' all by itself for eons - with or without humans.

Any duffer who believes humans are responsible deserves to have mortgage stress, high unemployment, carers begging on the streets and pretend computers for kids.

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #17 - Mar 30th, 2008 at 8:31pm

What are we up to?  Workchoices?

The army of casuals created by Cheating turned into full time employees. 

The explosion of new jobs saw unemployment fall to levels not seen for forty plus years.

The mining industry saw mass take up of AWAs to better reflect the flexibility they wanted in the work place.

For the first time in decades both parties got to decide what contract worked for them.

The unions were sidelined and industrial disputation fell to levels not seen since 100 years before.

Who hates employment freedom that they chose to vote against it?

IP Logged

IQSRLOW
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #18 - Mar 30th, 2008 at 8:39pm

The mining workers wouldn't be able to enjoy the 8 days on/ 6 days off that they do now under a Labor quagmire- they'd be stuck negotiating 4/6 weeks on/ 1-2 weeks off while making their union mates get fatter.

Now workerd can spend more time with their families- less marriage breakups, more social cohesion, more accomodating.

Some thing Labor has no idea of

Political Animal has little moderation. It is the forum for free speech and free thinkers to converse passionately without the threat of being banned. It is a forum for adults.

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #19 - Mar 30th, 2008 at 9:16pm

I guess the mass stupor also caused people to want to be evicted.

Quote:
Mortgage stress to hit 300,000: report

An alarming 300,000 Australian households will be under severe mortgage stress by mid-2008 and at significant risk of losing their homes, as interest rates and living costs rise, a new report shows.

The worrying finding raises questions about banking sector profitability, which is already under downward pressure due to the global credit crunch and rising funding costs, report authors JPMorgan and Fujitsu Consulting said.

"The banks have passed on nowhere near their increased cost of funding," JPMorgan lead banking analyst Brian Johnson told reporters.

"When you speak to them behind the scenes, they'll tell you that probably they'll have to move another 15 basis points."

The JPMorgan/Fujitsu Australian Mortgage Industry Report for March follows decisions by the major banks to increase their standard variable home loan rates by more than the 25 basis point increase engineered by the central bank on March 4.

ANZ Banking Group Ltd, St George Bank Ltd and Commonwealth Bank of Australia have all raised their rates by 35 basis points. Westpac has approved a 30 basis point increase and National Australia Bank Ltd a 29 basis points rise.

The report, based on the results of telephone interviews with 26,000 Australian households, estimates more than 700,000 households will be experiencing some form of mortgage stress by June this year, a
four-fold increase on last year

Oh Johnny, which looney voted for this horror?

IP Logged

athiest
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 12:15pm

deepthought wrote on Mar 30th, 2008 at 9:16pm:

Quote:

An alarming 300,000 Australian households will be under severe mortgage stress by mid-2008 and at significant risk of losing their homes, as interest rates and living costs rise, a new report shows.

The worrying finding raises questions about banking sector profitability, which is already under downward pressure due to the global credit crunch and rising funding costs, report authors JPMorgan and Fujitsu Consulting said.

"The banks have passed on nowhere near their increased cost of funding," JPMorgan lead banking analyst Brian Johnson told reporters.

"When you speak to them behind the scenes, they'll tell you that probably they'll have to move another 15 basis points."

The JPMorgan/Fujitsu Australian Mortgage Industry Report for March follows decisions by the major banks to increase their standard variable home loan rates by more than the 25 basis point increase engineered by the central bank on March 4.

ANZ Banking Group Ltd, St George Bank Ltd and Commonwealth Bank of Australia have all raised their rates by 35 basis points. Westpac has approved a 30 basis point increase and National Australia Bank Ltd a 29 basis points rise.

The report, based on the results of telephone interviews with 26,000 Australian households, estimates more than 700,000 households will be experiencing some form of mortgage stress by June this year, a

All becouse of Howards missmanagment, now that the rodent and his facsist mates have been moved on all this bad managment he presided over is comming to light, I supose the only good thing  is that it will be a cold day in hell before another bunch of right whinge extremists hold government in our great country.

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #21 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 4:59pm

deepthought wrote on Mar 30th, 2008 at 12:15pm:
oceanz wrote on Mar 30th, 2008 at 12:06pm:
Seeing plenty of bagging of Rudd and negative / postive  critiques of his performance so far..

But more to the point for all you right wing moaners..

Why did Howard lose.???

If he was so great why is he not STILL in office.

To the person who says the left are "blinkered' all I have to say to that is the public took 12 years to open their eyes to Howard and finally say "enough".

Instead on focussing on the performance of Rudd lets focus on the WHY HOWARD LOST!

Thoughts.?

http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200709/r175611_667508.jpg

I voted for Johnny so I have no idea why anyone wouldn't.  Could those who hate prosperity please explain?

Prosperity for who?

The rich can't eat money.

Is it actually true that some degrees actually cost $100, 000 now???

If so, how does a party rid itself of such a tag?!?

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #22 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 5:04pm

Quote:
Poseidon, the rodent got the flick for many reasons
Ilegal war
workchoices
arogance
lies
But most of all most aussies wanted to brought into the 21st century, whilst Howard was still living in the 1950s.He had totally lost any connection he ever had with the electorate, stopped listening to his own senior ministers who had on numourous occasions told him it was time to go, and he became alianated by his own party becouse the only people he would take advice from was hyacinth a his kids. Hence he not only lost the election , but suffers the indignity of being only the second PM in history to lose his seat in parliment.

Houses skyrocketed out of the reach of many a bluecollared worker and so Howard lost.

Serfchoices was designed to take the heat for an inevitable election loss.

They knew they were gone but just needed something to blame that could be easily tossed away.

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #23 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 5:08pm

deepthought wrote on Mar 30th, 2008 at 6:11pm:
oceanz wrote on Mar 30th, 2008 at 3:30pm:
Atheist..

Dont the righturds love to run around with their hands over they're ears...

"la la la la la can't hear you" lol.

Still crying for their beloved failed dictator.

I can hear perfectly well - but no one is saying anything.  Why did John Howard lose the election Oceans?

I can't answer it because I can't understand why anyone is opposed to a fair go, open government, increased opportunity and prosperity.

What opportunity do the coming generations have to buy a house?

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #24 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 5:11pm

IQSRLOW wrote on Mar 30th, 2008 at 7:29pm:
But you can blame it on people being too comfortable and the longevity of the previous govt rather than any feel-good undeliverable promises by the untested incoming.

It is those that believed the feel-good undeliverable promises that are stupid

Not everyone is too comfortable i.e. New Home Buyers!

Undecided

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #25 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 5:14pm

deepthought wrote on Mar 30th, 2008 at 8:21pm:
Let's look at 'climate change'.  This whole concept is flawed science.  The earth has undergone 'climate change' all by itself for eons - with or without humans.

Any duffer who believes humans are responsible deserves to have mortgage stress, high unemployment, carers begging on the streets and pretend computers for kids.

You haven't been reading your annual subscription to National Geographic, have you? (we can all tell!)

Evidence of flawed science, please.....

Cheesy Grin Wink

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #26 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 5:19pm

IQSRLOW wrote on Mar 30th, 2008 at 8:39pm:
The mining workers wouldn't be able to enjoy the 8 days on/ 6 days off that they do now under a Labor quagmire- they'd be stuck negotiating 4/6 weeks on/ 1-2 weeks off while making their union mates get fatter.

Now workerd can spend more time with their families- less marriage breakups, more social cohesion, more accomodating.

Some thing Labor has no idea of

They're all complete c#$$s so you'll never win votes complaining about the poor miners.

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #27 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 5:23pm

deepthought wrote on Mar 30th, 2008 at 9:16pm:

Quote:

Why is this K-doggs fault?!?  Shocked Shocked Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #28 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 6:32pm

Quote:
All becouse of Howards missmanagment, now that the rodent and his facsist mates have been moved on all this bad managment he presided over is comming to light, I supose the only good thing  is that it will be a cold day in hell before another bunch of right whinge extremists hold government in our great country.

You give John Howard credit for miracles my friend.  How could he arrange to have the solid economy (and Little Kevvy acknowledges its former stability) do weird things like go nuts exactly as Little Kevvy stepped up to the plate after keeping it running beautifully for 11 plus years?

How could Johnny have such impeccable timing?

IP Logged

deepthought
Gold Member

In Defence Of Liberty

Reply #29 - Mar 31st, 2008 at 6:43pm

BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Mar 31st, 2008 at 4:59pm:
Prosperity for who?

The rich can't eat money.

Is it actually true that some degrees actually cost $100, 000 now???

If so, how does a party rid itself of such a tag?!?

Not commonwealth supported ones no.  A couple of full fee paying ones did so those who have the resources could have got a degree if they were willing to pay for it.

That is they used to be able to.  Little Kevvy cut those places so fewer young Australians can go to uni.

BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Mar 31st, 2008 at 5:04pm:
Houses skyrocketed out of the reach of many a bluecollared worker and so Howard lost.

Serfchoices was designed to take the heat for an inevitable election loss.

They knew they were gone but just needed something to blame that could be easily tossed away.

Now as house prices fall interest rates skyrocket.  Tell me this death, what would you rather be paying for?  Equity?  Or the bank's costs?

BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Mar 31st, 2008 at 5:08pm:
What opportunity do the coming generations have to buy a house?

Very little as interest rates make money too expensive to borrow.

BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Mar 31st, 2008 at 5:23pm:
Why is this K-doggs fault?!?  Shocked Shocked Cheesy Cheesy

I thought he was the PM?  He's not any more?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print