Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 16
Send Topic Print
Islamic invasion of Camden halted (temporarily) (Read 44506 times)
DILLIGAF
Gold Member

The greens are red
Islamic invasion of Camden halted (temporarily)
May 27th, 2008 at 7:58pm

http://au.news.yahoo.com//080527/2/170zo.html
Tuesday May 27, 07:39 PM
NSW council votes against Islamic school
A south-west Sydney council has voted unanimously to reject a controversial proposal to build a 1,200-student Islamic school.

Camden Council voted against the proposal, following an adverse ruling in a report by council planners last week.

Mayor Chris Patterson said the decision was based on concerns surrounding the impact on traffic flows, loss of agricultural land, but not on religious grounds.

"It is a site issue, clearly a site issue ... we said all along religious issues, nationalistic issues, will not be entered into," Mr Patterson told AAP after the decision.

The Qu'uranic Society - were "absolutely" encouraged to resubmit their plan if they could identify a different site within Camden.

"We would welcome them to find an appropriate site. I'm all for choice of educational facilities," he said.

A crowd of more than 200 residents attended tonight's meeting in Camden amid heightened security.

The vote was the first item on the agenda and took place just after 6pm (AEST). The decision was greeted with applause from the crowd.

The council took the unusual step of holding a press conference straight after the decision to explain its actions, before resuming its normal meeting.

The community has been bitterly divided over the proposal since the Qu'uranic Society Dar Tahfez El-Quran lodged its plan for the 1,200-student school with Camden Council last year, sparking tension in the community.

The development has been the subject of heated town meetings and a protest rally involving up to 1,000 people.

Tensions reached a climax in November when two pigs heads were rammed on metal stakes with an Australian flag draped between them at the school's proposed site.

During community consultation over the proposed school, the council received more than 3,000 submissions about the school from local residents, with only 50 in favour of the development.

A council planner's report last week recommended against the development, but the final decision was left to a vote of the council tonight.

"The report was very clear (raising issues) from traffic concerns as to an increase in movements and the inability of the road to be able to cope with those movements," Mr Patterson said tonight of the planners' concerns.

"The Department of Primary Industries ... rejected it on the grounds of losing valuable primary industry lands. The RTA had grave concerns in relation to traffic. The police had grave concerns.

"The applicant, if they feel council has not made the right decision, they have every ability (to appeal) in the land and environment court, which is their prerogative."

The Qu'uranic Society was not represented at tonight's meeting.

It is understood the group, which spent $1.5 million on the land and $250,000 on the development application, is planning an appeal.

The group also could not rule out selling the land, ABC Television reported tonight.

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Re: Islamic invasion of Camden halted (temporarily)
Reply #1 - May 28th, 2008 at 12:52pm

Much as I dislike religious schooling of any kind, I think this was a case of mob rule thinly disguised as planning considerations.

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

lapaz62

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - May 28th, 2008 at 9:05pm

Good on them I say, I continue to believe that most of the people on this web site have little contact will our Islamic friends, that was obvious on another thread. I understand it may be hard for people with an affiliation with an ethnic group to understand that people want to protect what they know, after all people who immigrate have forsaken their homeland, if their place was no good, why try to turn Australia into the very thing they turned their backs on.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #3 - May 28th, 2008 at 9:49pm

if their place was no good, why try to turn Australia into the very thing they turned their backs on.

That's not what they are trying to do. No immigrant tries to recreate everything about their homeland. No immigrant rejects every single aspect of their homeland either. British immigrants are still using inappropriate crops and stock for this country. That doesn't mean they reject nothing about England and want to turn Sydney into London.

Let each idea be judged on it's merit, not which country it came from.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

lapaz62

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - May 28th, 2008 at 10:05pm

Thats comparing chalk and cheese, Australia is already Anglosized. England and Australia have a connection already. How far is the nearest Mosque or Islamic school from your house, not in the same post code I rekon.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #5 - May 29th, 2008 at 8:40am

So if we do it to a large extent, it is OK, but if someone else does it to a much smaller extent, it's not?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

lapaz62

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - May 29th, 2008 at 5:52pm

Like I said, you probably bought a kabab one day and now your an expert on people you hardly know. I know them and frankly dont want to know any more.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #7 - May 29th, 2008 at 5:57pm

The same thing gets said about any group people want to justify discrimination against. It boils down to a double standard. You expect them to be nice to you while you make no effort to disguise your contempt for them.

IP Logged

lapaz62

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - May 29th, 2008 at 6:10pm

I dont expect anything from them, they can F#@K right off for all I care. Until you have a someone you know killed like by these dicks, then you have no right to comment.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #9 - May 29th, 2008 at 6:14pm

I have every right to comment. Knowing someone who was killed doesn't really give you any more perspective on the issue - most likely far less.

IP Logged

lapaz62

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - May 29th, 2008 at 6:45pm

Until 7 years ago I didnt know any Islamic people, I moved to a mostly Middle Eastern part of Melbourne for work. I formed an opinion pretty fast, it was not a good one. People cry and moan about the loss of indiginous cultures throughout the world, yet at the same time a willing to through away our heritage and culture, so their bleeding hearts feel better, so they can sit and chat over a latte with their bohemian friends.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #11 - May 29th, 2008 at 6:55pm

If there was a genuine problem, our culture would be the last thing that gets lost. To compare it with the loss of indigenous cultures, which is actually happening, is absurd. We are changing our own culture far faster than any 'outside' influence could achieve. Try putting it in terms of something that actually matters. Muslims setting up an Islamic school is not an attack on our culture. You don't have to send your kids to it.

IP Logged

DILLIGAF
Gold Member

The greens are red
Reply #12 - May 29th, 2008 at 8:12pm

freediver wrote on May 29th, 2008 at 6:55pm:
Muslims setting up an Islamic school is not an attack on our culture. You don't have to send your kids to it.

Ok Freediver. Now, Camden only has 150 muslim families there and not all of them have kids.
Now, would some of those 150 muslim families who do have kids amount to 1500?
No. and if they did it would reinforce my theory of Muslims breeding like rabbits which is way too fast for our dry continent to handle and our culture to survive.
Building an expensive school like this for 1500 children when there is no where near that number in the Camden shire is a stupid and irresponsible decision wouldnt you say?
Here is the single plain as day fact:
The school is supposed to be built to move more muslims into the Camden region. ITS AN INVASION freediver plain and simple.
Just like here in the area i live.
15 years ago in my little suburb here there were a very tiny number of muslims. there were only about 5 in my high school.
Then, just on the outskirts of my ex semi rural town a college was built ''Sule College'' and all of the sudden, 100's of muslims turned up in droves into the area to settle. I guess the Sule College was not large enough for all of them as a good 500 lebs and other muslims turned up at my school, amounting to one quarter of the schools ethnic make up of 2000 children/teenagers.
Since then, crime has risen dramatically as well as graffiti, loud 'fully sic'' cars and roaming gangs.
The police are now almost a constant presence who were once scarce.
Our peaceful quiet outer suburb has become a loud dirty place where you can no longer walk the street at night safely.
I forsee the same fate for Camden.
Do you see the similarity here?
That is why im fighting for Camden as this is purely an invasion without a doubt.
I was at the protests, next you will see me out the front of the court house in Sydney when the Qu'uarinc society fights the rightfully made decision.

167081ss3.jpg (20 KB | 86 )
167081ss3.jpg

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

lapaz62

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - May 29th, 2008 at 8:31pm

The people of Camden are saying, there are no Muslims here at this stage, so why build a school unless there is going to be a large influx of people to fill that school. The council did also say that the area is not appropriate for any school of any kind but that seems to have slipped by the people who dont want to hear.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #14 - May 29th, 2008 at 9:35pm

Why is it inappropriate? Surely that's a matter for the school to decide. It's not like it's a factory or something.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 16
Send Topic Print