Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Islam and separation of church and state (Read 9836 times)
Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Re: Islam and separation of church and state
Reply #15 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 11:24am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 25th, 2008 at 9:57am:
Acid - maybe so so far.
A friend of mine visited thailand last year.
Told me how the islamics are taking over the villages.

I've been to Thailand many time especially Chiang Mai and Bangkok. Your friend was probably talking about Thai's far south border province of Pattani next to Malaysia. They are hardly "taking over the villages" because Muslims form a large part of the ethnicity mix in that region. There has been pockets of resistance and skirmishes between the Muslim PULO group and the Thai army. The PULO are agrieved mainly by the economic inbalance between Buddhists and Muslims. The Buddhists form the middle and upper class in the region; owns most of the shops and business ventures while the Muslims were mainly villagers with very little or no education. Racial and religious differences aside the "insurgency" is largely an economic one. It is not that the "Muslims are talking over the world because our Quran tells us so."

"Maybe so, so far" ~ if your are skeptical then you do not understand the cultural makeup, ethnic diversity and ethnic intergration of Malaysia. Malaysia is moderate. Contrary to western media the Bumi Putra program is not a religious one either. It was an economic one - to level the economic playing field between the rich and educated Chinese and the poor and uneducated Malays. I think that they are starting to discover that it is starting to have an adverse effect on the Malaysian economy and business ethics.

"Maybe so, so far" is like saying that Australia could head down the US style religious infused political partieall s ("Thank you! And, God bless Australia!"). Not likely of course, as we know how Australians would react to that. But then again, maybe so, so far.

IP Logged

pope urban 2

Australian Politics

melbourne
Reply #16 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 8:36pm

I have a friend in the Thai Army, he is posted near the Malaysian border, Muslims in that area want a Muslim state in and there have been many bombings and killings. The Thai king has no intention of giving way to the militants.

God takes care of old folks and fools, while the Devil makes up all the rules.

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #17 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 9:23pm

pope urban 2 wrote on Jun 25th, 2008 at 8:36pm:
I have a friend in the Thai Army, he is posted near the Malaysian border, Muslims in that area want a Muslim state in and there have been many bombings and killings. The Thai king has no intention of giving way to the militants.

Yes, I know all to well the behaviour of the Thai army, rushing into mosques and opening fire on the innocent worshippers in there..

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #18 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 10:07pm

Hi Malik ,
As i said a while ago, a friend of mine went to Thailand last year .

He is NOT a christian, went there for a wife.
Went living in the nontourist villages and he is very political and finds rapidly the grassroots info.

The king has his ways. He is NOT to be trifled with.

However does anyone differentiate "moderate" muslims from "islamics".

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #19 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 10:12pm

Malik Shakur wrote on Jun 26th, 2008 at 9:23pm:
pope urban 2 wrote on Jun 25th, 2008 at 8:36pm:

Yes, I know all to well the behaviour of the Thai army, rushing into mosques and opening fire on the innocent worshippers in there..

Translation for non-muslims.
The thai army is not cowed into allowing extremist terrorists to hide and take refuge in mosques, to evade capture by the law for their crimes of violence, against a sovereign state they are trying to overthrow.

No sanctuary for terrorists Malik, even in mosques.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print