'trench treachery' (Read 51347 times)
Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Re: 'trench treachery'
Reply #120 - Jun 15th, 2008 at 11:52pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 15th, 2008 at 11:20pm:
you dont have to contact osama yourself on the cavephone.
Many other muslims know him and other extermists and areook with it.
You got a contact # for saudi, try them.

.... because if you ring someone in Saudi, there's a very good chance that they might be a mate of Osama.

So, you're generalising and accusing every Saudi citizen to be either a sympathiser, an extremist, a terrorist, or directly or indirectly associated to Osama.

Come on, Sprint. That is melodramatic, and a narrow minded and xenophobic assumption - and possibly even a litle paranoid.

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #121 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 1:18am

malik - that was the info I had.
Seems very logic to me.
the info you had seems quite unbeliveable to me.

but how do you even know what to believe when you haven't studied the history and source texts behind it, you actually just assume that everything on the page you've written is correct. that is a foolish assumption to make because you don't even know half of the story there.. again you havent studied the texts yourself..

again, what are your sources?
how come muslims don't go so .... untoward ... when jesus is insulted ?

we do.. we find any such slander of a prophet offensive..

quotes from the korans and hadiths is slandering mohammad ???
agreeing with the extremists interperetation is wrong ??

you quote the quran without understanding the context behind it, and when i explain the context you still quote it in a way which twists its meaning.

secondly you obviously don't understand hadith properly to know that not all hadith are accurate.. and not all muslims believe in the same hadiths..

you really dont know much about islam and can only see what your shown on your anti islam sites.. perhaps if you studied it from its sources, that being the quran, hadith, tafsir of both and the actual life of the prophet muhammad pbuh you'd understand his character better.. you'd understand islam better

you dont have to contact osama yourself on the cavephone.
Many other muslims know him and other extermists and areook with it.

and who exactly in saudi shall i call?

remember a few years ago there were christian terrorists in USA?
They wanted to stop abortions and were blowing up abortion clinics.
Other christians dobbed them into the police.
Us christians don't always do the right thing.
But things like that show that terrorism is considered unchristian.

and who do you think dobs the muslim extremists in to the police? its the muslims, who liaise regularly with the federal police and state police..dont for a second think that any terror suspect in australia would have been caught if not with the help of the muslim community, in fact even within the afp, state police and asio there are many muslims working to prevent terrorism..

And there is heaps of slander against jesus in democratic societies.
Be it right or wrong, it is freedom of speech.
No muslims seem overly perturbed at that.

we absolutely are perturbed by that..

oh and by the way in some US states its against the law to insult jesus, in the following western countries it is also against the law.

Austria (Articles 188, 189 of the penal code)
Denmark (Paragraph 140 of the penal code).
Finland (Section 10 of chapter 17 of the penal code)
Unsuccessful attempts were made to rescind the law in 1914, 1917, 1965, 1970 and 1998.
Germany (Article 166 of the penal code, see also the Manfred van H. case)
Greece
Iceland
Ireland
Israel (Articles 170, 173 of the penal code)
Italy
The Netherlands (Article 147 of the penal code), see also Gerard Reve and the 1966 blasphemy incident
New Zealand (Section 123 of the Crimes Act 1961)
Norway (section 142 of the Norwegian Penal Code never applied).
Spain (Article 525 of the penal code)
Switzerland (Article 261 of the penal code)

In the UK it is also illegal to behave in such a way, but they are making it legal as of 8th July 2008.

There is a difference between free speech and slander. You are slandering, not speaking freely.

In Islam and in the West we believe in innocence before being proven guilty. You cannot actually prove that Muhammad was any of the things you mentioned because you have no evidence for yourself, thus you are only slandering an innocent person's name.

Your lack of tangible evidence makes you look rather daft.. It shows you'll believe anything which defames Islam because you hate Islam. You want to believe it's bad.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #122 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 8:57am

acid - i did not intend the association with saudi and osama.
depsite saudi being the muslim centre of the world and having mecca, malik says its fanaticism has nothing to do with "normal" muslims .
ie, they have interpereted the koran wrong.
So ring up saudi and tell them where they went wrong.

osama is a differnet case.

malik - all history is biased.
Look at the facts and what is more likely.
mohammad was the new kid, the jewish tribes had been living toggether peaceably for many generations I would think.

how come I never see a protest by muslims against any antijesus comments ??

just show me what quotes I have given are incorrect.
So the hadiths may be wrong ? or just the parts you dont like are wrong ?

maybe call the clerics of saudi.  You can work it out.
let me know how you get on.

yes, one point we can agree on !!!!!!!!!
most of the intending terrorists who are caught are dobbed in by other muslims.

there is lots of comments agaisnt jesus in our society.

the comments I give are derived directly from the koran or hadiths (albeit you may consider the hadiths to be wrong.)

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #123 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 9:36am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 16th, 2008 at 8:57am:
So the hadiths may be wrong ? or just the parts you dont like are wrong ?

As the gospels contradict one another they cannot all be right, so one or some of them are wrong. Which gospel is right, which is wrong? Is Matthew's account of Jesus's birth right or wrong? Or do you just pick the bits you like to be the right bits and ignore the 'wrong' bits? How do you justify the glaring biblical contradictions and incongruity with accepted historical facts?

Are your standards as high for Christianity as you impose for Islam?

As is being shown in posts above, you have a tendency towards making it up as you go along... This maybe intentional or just plain stupidity on your part, it's hard to gauge. You seem to have an extreme parochial view of the world such that if it happens in your street then you appear to believe it must be the same everywhere in the western world.

You're not very smart, are you?
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2008 at 9:44am by NorthOfNorth »  

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #124 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 9:46am

Good to see some constructive dialog between Christians and Muslims. We need more of it.

Malik,

I was listening to "The Spirit of Things" on ABC Radio National last night, and they were talking to Aaron Klein, the author of 'Schmoozing With Terrorists'

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/spiritofthings/stories/2008/2270131.htm

One of the things they discussed was that virtually all the terrorists had the main intention of setting up an International Muslim Caliphate and imposing Shariah Law.

They had some interesting comments in there about what would happen to Hollywood, to people like Madonna and Britney Spears, to the media and to homosexuals. They would all meet their demise in one way or another.  They also said that Non-Muslims would be allowed to continue their religion, but not extend it in any way, and that they would not be allowed to own property.

The transcript will appear on the site within the next few days.

Now I know that an Orthodox Jew living in Israel will have some very pointed and biased views about this, but he seems to have gained the respect of the terrorists. I find the whole concept that Hamas, Al Qaeda and Fatah would even talk to him as quite surprising.

I'm interested in what a mainstream Australian Muslim thinks about this International Caliphate and the whole business of imposing Shariah Law etc.
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2008 at 4:13pm by muso »  

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #125 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 10:36am

helian - christians do nt claim the bible is perfect.
we think it is Gods word, in the hand of men.

muslims think the koran is perfect.
So why would it need to be abrogated then ???

feel free to statrt a thread on bible contradictions.
I don't know much about them, so go ahead.

No,I'm not very smart.
Only just scraped into the mensa level.
Only got a creditation certificate for my degree from the dean

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Reply #126 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 11:06am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 16th, 2008 at 10:36am:

muslims think the koran is perfect.
So why would it need to be abrogated then ???

Hi Sprint,

On the contrary, many Christians DO believe that the Bible is perfect. You only need to go to the US bible belt or speak to Hillsong members or any evangellist church to hear them talk about it. You only have to listen to the Reverend Fred Nile. Nay, I only have to speak to some of my friends and relatives. They quote and cite the Bible as if it was The Law.

How can you generalise that Muslim think the Quran is perfect and yet fail to address the generalisation that Christians do in fact think that the Bible is as well? In fact, you generalised that Christian DON'T think that the Bible is perfect, which is wrong.

Your choice of words and sentence is designed to obfuscate and mislead.

I think you're losing your touch, Sprint. You are normally much better than this. Married life must be getting to you.  Wink Smiley

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #127 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 11:27am

Sprint, that can hardly be true. Who would decide which parts are true and which false? And if they're false, what are they doing in a book claiming to be the word of God? The word of God must be true by most definitions of God.

IP Logged

Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Reply #128 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 11:47am

No,I'm not very smart.
Only just scraped into the mensa level.
Only got a creditation certificate for my degree from the dean

LOL.

Don't rest on your laurels, Sprint. Being in Mensa (while prestigious) is nothing to boast about because IQ score is only half the picture. It doesn't mean much without good application.  Smiley

Mensa promotes, identify and foster human intelligence for the benefit of humanity; to encourage research into the nature, characteristics, and uses of intelligence; and to provide a stimulating intellectual and social environment. Argue logically but not emotionally. Provide cited facts and research but not heresay and assumptions.

I am Mensa as well (Stanford-Binet). And, while I chose not have a university degree (when I was younger) I continually educate myself for my personal quest for knowledge. I know that research is just that - research. Forming opinions from reading texts without exhausting all manner of collaborative research (for AND against) on the subject is not knowledge. It cannot even be considered as an educated opinion. It is personal opinion.

No one denies that you are intelligent. I certainly believe that you are, and I hope that Malik is not suggesting otherwise. You appear to be well read - you seem to know the Quran well enough. However, so far your argument is conjecture and ill backed up. Context is always important when quoting text otherwise you are no better than fundamentalist Christians and Muslims quoting their respected Books out of context to justify an injustice.

Cheers!

Smiley

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #129 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 12:38pm

but what your doing is not querying, you are accusing him and slandering him.. that is completely different

So the people who threw rocks at muhammed were not slandering him? Throwing rocks is OK, but saying something ansty about him isn't?

That is absurd sprint. Malik is no more responsible for Osama than you are.

Other christians dobbed them into the police.
Us christians don't always do the right thing.
But things like that show that terrorism is considered unchristian.

Sprint, muslims are doing the same thing. They are dying in large number to fight the terrorists. Think of all the Iraqi policemen who die. You sit here on your high horse and preach from the saftey of your computer, accusing them of not doing enough because someone in the US dobbed in a bomber, while they are out there giving up their lives.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #130 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 12:38pm

feel free to statrt a thread on bible contradictions.
I don't know much about them, so go ahead.

Now that really does surprise me, Sprint. You are a self-declared Christian who dedicates so much time and energy towards denigrating Islam, always quick to point out apparent contradictions or quote out of context, then expecting Muslims to 'enlighten' you with scholarly research and edify you with the resultant depth of understanding of Islamic thought. Now you claim not to know much about an important aspect of your own faith?

Religion should be primarily about how we should live ethically and the relationship between character and destiny.

You're a very disingenuous man, sprint...

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #131 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 12:40pm

Also sprint, you claimed to have an alternative historical source to back up your claim that the jews did not commit treason. I'm pretty sure I have read all of this thread and you did not produce anything even close to being relevant. Would you mind reposting the relevant evidence?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Reply #132 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 1:35pm

I must say that I too have read this thread and the precursor thread in full. There were several references and allusion to said documents by sprint and colloborated by jfk. However, none has been substantially produced.

IP Logged

pope urban 2

Australian Politics

melbourne
Reply #133 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 6:50pm

Calling someone Jesus is a bit odd but no-one will call  for you to be killed for it, Im not sure the pronounciation is the same in spanish though, its a bit like read and read, depends on the context and pronouciation, maybe.

God takes care of old folks and fools, while the Devil makes up all the rules.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #134 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 7:14pm

I think hispanics pronounce Jesus differently, regardless of whether they are talking about their mate, or the Biblical figure. It's an odd taboo in Northern Europe that you can't call someone Jesus.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16
Send Topic Print