Send Topic Print
'trench treachery' (Read 51355 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: 'trench treachery'
Reply #165 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 9:56pm

I suspect that may be a miscommunication. He should have started a new sentence.

Malik, the important phrase there is distort justice. To automatically take a fellow Muslims side, regardless of what he has done, seems a distortion to me and too many do it.

Is that what you meant jfk?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

pope urban 2

Australian Politics

melbourne
Reply #166 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 6:51pm

There is a comma in there, if it should have been a full stop, I apologize for my bad grammar. I meant too many will take a fellow Muslims side regardless of the circumstance. Sometimes Im on their side, sometimes Im not, depends on whats happened. For example, september 11, you cany just sit back and do nothing but Iraq is different, they should have left them alone, even though Saddam did play into their hands, he could have stopped it if he wanted, maybe he didnt want to, only he would know that.
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2008 at 7:24pm by pope urban 2 »  

God takes care of old folks and fools, while the Devil makes up all the rules.

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #167 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 8:39pm

pope urban 2 wrote on Jun 19th, 2008 at 6:51pm:
There is a comma in there, if it should have been a full stop, I apologize for my bad grammar. I meant too many will take a fellow Muslims side regardless of the circumstance. Sometimes Im on their side, sometimes Im not, depends on whats happened. For example, september 11, you cany just sit back and do nothing but Iraq is different, they should have left them alone, even though Saddam did play into their hands, he could have stopped it if he wanted, maybe he didnt want to, only he would know that.

I agree with that, many muslims do take muslims side regardless of circumstance and because of ignorance.

but don't we do the same here in the west? the US and britain and the west in general has committed so many crimes in the middle east, africa, latin america and south east aisa, overthrown democracies, installed puppet governments who are brutal dictators, covert operations which resulted in the death of innocent people.. etc.. but we don't say anything about that and we stay silent over it..

i'm all for bringing people to justice, but it can't be one sided.. it has to be equal

IP Logged

pope urban 2

Australian Politics

melbourne
Reply #168 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 9:56pm

With all due respect Malik, it was the people protesting the Vietnam war that finally ended it and we see protests all the time in the streets. On a Government level its not that easy to say no, I guess, we do have an agreement with a lot of countries to help them in times of trouble and them to help us if we need it. A few countries did not go to Iraq, the United Nations was against it, so its not as though people who are against something dont have a Forum.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #169 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 10:02pm

Can you say that the middle east is not the same? You point out that 'the west' did not multilaterally invade Iraq. But when has the middle east ever acted in anything even remotely resembling unity? They disagree with each other all the time - more so than the west I'd imagine. Pointing to the mechanisms in place in the west is not a comparison if you have no idea how it all works in the middle east. Yes we speak up when our governments obviously go too far, but we are barely aware of the level of interference western governments have had in the middle east and elsewhere. We don't oppose war because we are in the wrong and we should stop screwing with other peoples with no regard for their interest. We oppose it because our soldiers die. To an outsider, it would look exactly like we ignorantly and unquestioningly support everything our side does.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

pope urban 2

Australian Politics

melbourne
Reply #170 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 11:00pm

The last time the Middle East nations did get together was to invade Israel and they got their asses kicked and have never forgotten about it. And Israel did it without any help, maybe this US interferance isnt as bad as they would like you to believe, after all, they still havent taken the oil, have they.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #171 - Jun 20th, 2008 at 8:39am

You can hardly call that the middle east getting together. Egypt was the only 'respectably large' country against Israel wasn't it?

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #172 - Jun 22nd, 2008 at 11:32pm

I found sprints source...

It was from the biblethumping christians at http://www.answering-islam.org/Muhammad/Jews/BQurayza/treaty.html

I can't believe you were stupid enough to fall for their rubbish Sprint, and also thought everyone here was as stupid.

You really have some serious problems with actually doing research don't you? It's obvious now by your sources that you will just accept anything that you find against Islam, no matter how credible it is. Which in this case, it's clearly not.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #173 - Jun 22nd, 2008 at 11:49pm

Makes MUCH more sense than a poor unarmed refugee being asked to settle a 100 year old war !!!!!!!!

Or God turning the clock back 1500 years to put a sword in the hands of an illiterate messenger again.

Is a good war strategy, use a peace treaty to give cover.
then murder those left.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #174 - Jun 22nd, 2008 at 11:56pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 22nd, 2008 at 11:49pm:
Makes MUCH more sense than a poor unarmed refugee being asked to settle a 100 year old war !!!!!!!!

Or God turning the clock back 1500 years to put a sword in the hands of an illiterate messenger again.

Is a good war strategy, use a peace treaty to give cover.
then murder those left.

Oh please.. PPL thought that the world being flat made complete sense also because other people said the same thing.. That wasn't the case now was it?

Sprint the fact remains that you really haven't studied Islam, Arabic culture, Pre Islamic Arabia nor the Middle East from an academic level, nor even read proper history books about the subjects. So you really only continue to make yourself look like a bigot by quoting sites which are anti-Islam and devoted to trying to convert Muslims to Christianity.

I see now why you hid your source, you just lost what little credibility you had.. Which wasn't much in the first place.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #175 - Jun 23rd, 2008 at 12:03am

uhuh - seems saudi have not studied islam either?
or syria , iran or any of the other islamics.

Go and tell them all about it.
They might prove you wrong, and me right.

Nice to see you don't answer my queries.
The life facts i prise from muslims about mohammad make us infidels blanche.

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #176 - Jun 23rd, 2008 at 7:29am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 23rd, 2008 at 12:03am:
uhuh - seems saudi have not studied islam either?
or syria , iran or any of the other islamics.

Go and tell them all about it.
They might prove you wrong, and me right.

Nice to see you don't answer my queries.
The life facts i prise from muslims about mohammad make us infidels blanche.

Saudi arabia are wahabi's. they are extremists who don't look at context.. you'd be a great wahabi because you don't look at context either when you post quranic ayat or hadith.

Syria doesnt even claim to be an islamic state, they are a dictatorship..

Iran is not quite an islamic state, but closer than saudi.. they need  great reforms to make it more islamic..

none will prove you right Smiley

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #177 - Jun 23rd, 2008 at 9:54am

Where did saudi and syria get their laws from ?

what book ?

IP Logged

Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Reply #178 - Jun 23rd, 2008 at 10:10am

Malik Shakur wrote on Jun 22nd, 2008 at 11:32pm:
You really have some serious problems with actually doing research don't you? It's obvious now by your sources that you will just accept anything that you find against Islam, no matter how credible it is.

I've drawn the same conclusion and have mentioned it in other threads. Sprint's brand of research is - I have the conculsion, now lets find "evidence" to support that conclusion. A kind of "reverse research".

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #179 - Jun 23rd, 2008 at 11:16am

Acid Monkey wrote on Jun 23rd, 2008 at 10:10am:
Malik Shakur wrote on Jun 22nd, 2008 at 11:32pm:
You really have some serious problems with actually doing research don't you? It's obvious now by your sources that you will just accept anything that you find against Islam, no matter how credible it is.

I've drawn the same conclusion and have mentioned it in other threads. Sprint's brand of research is - I have the conculsion, now lets find "evidence" to support that conclusion. A kind of "reverse research".

Be fair acid, you and the rest of us are not too different.
For the longest time I tried to be understanding of muslims, and rejected wholesale condemnation, and preferred we stick to laying blame only at the minority who actually are terrorists.
This is pretty much where you are at, and I do understand, and agree on an intellectual level, however, the realities of how pervasive the teachings and influence of the extremists has become, is being downplayed by the way we try to be more understanding, and ultimately, that is counter productive.

We must at some point stop putting our rights, and our societies norms aside, to placate muslims, and just step up and take ownership of our society, and deny them the right to diminish it.

I have not lived in muslim countries, but I do know people who did, as I mentioned previously, they lived in Iran, up to the time of the revolution, and they had respectful and caring relationships with many muslims.
They had to flee for their lives, and that is no euphemism, literally flee to avoid being murdered by former friends and neighbours, who were whipped into an irrational and frenzied hatred of all things, and all people, western. These were not wahabi extremists, these were moderate, good muslims, so to pretend that potential is not laying just beneath the surface of so many, is to deny the reality of our time.

You rightly point out that wahabism is very much a saudi thing, but you seem ignorant of the sphere of influence which their vast wealth affords them, in spreading the more extreme principles into the broader muslim community.
We even see it here in australia.

Here is a link to how even some uni's seek saudi money to fund islamic teaching.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23612878-7583,00.html

So while I appreciate your intentions are good, I fear that in attempting to be fair to Islam, you may be ignoring the degree of influence the extremists have, and the potential for that influence to be absorbed into mainstream, normal, moderate muslims behaviour.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16
Send Topic Print