'trench treachery' (Read 51343 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: 'trench treachery'
Reply #195 - Jun 23rd, 2008 at 4:06pm

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1213756394/50#50

acid - history is quite slanted. Often "new" data is found of past events.
Look at the probabilities, use logic.

Sprint, rather than imagining probabilities and distorted logic about past events, it's far more rational to just look at the new 'data' whatever it is. Maybe even show other people the imaginary data...

Are you saying that the only 'evidence' you have that your account of history is correct and the written versions are wrong, is that you have a gut feeling that it is more probable?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Reply #196 - Jun 23rd, 2008 at 4:16pm

freediver wrote on Jun 23rd, 2008 at 4:06pm:

LOL. For a minute there I thought you were quoting me on things I don't remember saying.

Smiley

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #197 - Jun 23rd, 2008 at 4:29pm

I'm convinced now that I should run as benevolent despot after your remarks FD.
The power is intoxicating, where my opinions can so violate the rights of others.

You keep telling me how I am denying people their rights.
You falsely claim that I deny people the right to choose where they can live, ( if it were only true Wink) you would be the first to go, and come the atheist revolution, you will surely be on the list.

So in that vein, I already have designed a new suburb, where we can house troublemakers like yourself.

We can call it, "Fantasy Town", where rational thought, and critical thinking must be checked at the city limits.
We will be housing people alternately via their religious denomination.

So we will have, Mormons and Muslims as perennial neighbours, I think it only right that two of the wackiest stay close to share their zeal for multiple wives, not to mention any of their less socially acceptable practices.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #198 - Jun 23rd, 2008 at 4:41pm

What Mozz said:

I will not be cowed into believing that we must allow muslims to create new enclaves in our country

Unfortunately for him, we must allow it, as it is perfectly legal for people to choose where they live, even if that means next door to fellow muslims.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #199 - Jun 23rd, 2008 at 4:52pm

If the people living there do not insularise, and separate themselves from the rest of society, it is not an enclave.
Do not credit me with intentions I do not hold, because you fail to grasp what is said.

Not creating an enclave is about not allowing groups to disengage from our society, and create a new and separate one within it.

It is not a bad thing for people to say, we have a good society, you are welcome to join.
It is a bad thing for people to be too cowed to say, hey setting up your own society within our borders is not on.
If our society is not one you can live with, then don't.

I have already explained this point, buy you continue to ignore it.

IP Logged

Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Reply #200 - Jun 23rd, 2008 at 5:03pm

freediver wrote on Jun 23rd, 2008 at 4:06pm:

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly Sprint. Evidence is never static. FD and I had a discussion that went around and around about scientific theory vs hypothesis vs observation. I also agree with you re: probabilities, logic, assumption, hypothesis etc. This is fine as long as you disclose that them as such. However, by hiding (or not revealing) your source, then claiming that the source is irrefutable and independent and worst a "fact" is an outright forgery of the truth and an insidious method of preaching false propaganda to those who do not know any better. You may as well compare yourself to the hate clerics and fundamentalist Christians that miscontrue and misquote there respected Books.

I've noticed that you said "new" data. I think it should be more accurately to say new "data". One unproven source (a questionable one, at best) does not invalidate past proven one.

Since FD linked the other thread to this one, I'm not sure where to post this reply (here or over there).
Smiley

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #201 - Jun 23rd, 2008 at 5:05pm

If it's about the imaginary documents supporting sprints version of the jewish beheading incident, you should probably put it in this thread. Sprint has brought the issue up in about a dozen other threads since we called him out on it.

And Mozz, that would be a credible argument if you didn't try to use it to oppose an Islamic school or prevent Muslims from 'invading' Cambden.

If our society is not one you can live with, then don't.

What do you suggest they do? Die? Should we kick someone out of the country because they don't fit in? Should we forbid people from being 'misfits'? Should we decry Bush as a tree hugging hippy for being too soft on 'different' people?
« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2008 at 5:11pm by freediver »  

IP Logged

Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Reply #202 - Jun 23rd, 2008 at 5:15pm

freediver wrote on Jun 23rd, 2008 at 5:05pm:
What do you suggest they do? Die?

LOL. FD is having an Alexander Downer moment.

"What do you expect them to do, fall on the ground and grovel - eat dirt. ..."

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #203 - Jun 23rd, 2008 at 5:23pm

Disengaged, and separate 'SOCIETY'

We are not talking about individuals FD, unless you intend setting up an enclave of one?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #204 - Jun 23rd, 2008 at 5:27pm

So you think we should make it illegal for a group of people to do something that you cannot charge an individual with? Your position defies logic. People are free to be as insular as they like.

Have you found any relevant domestic issues that make you look more Mainstream than Bush yet? Or are you still having trouble understanding the question?

IP Logged

Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Reply #205 - Jun 23rd, 2008 at 5:43pm

mozzaok wrote on Jun 23rd, 2008 at 4:29pm:
So in that vein, I already have designed a new suburb, where we can house troublemakers like yourself.

We can call it, "Fantasy Town", where rational thought, and critical thinking must be checked at the city limits.
We will be housing people alternately via their religious denomination.

I was expecting something more like Funky Town.
Wink

mozzaok wrote on Jun 23rd, 2008 at 4:29pm:
So we will have, Mormons and Muslims as perennial neighbours, I think it only right that two of the wackiest stay close to share their zeal for multiple wives, not to mention any of their less socially acceptable practices.

More like Mormons and Wahhabis. Otherwise, you'll have to stick thhe Christians and the Muslims next to each other.

Hello? What less socially acceptable practices are you talkng about?

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #206 - Jun 23rd, 2008 at 6:07pm

For instance;

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #207 - Jun 23rd, 2008 at 6:12pm

Picture did not post.
Take 2.

clowncar3er0do.jpg (83 KB | 61 )
clowncar3er0do.jpg

IP Logged

Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Reply #208 - Jun 23rd, 2008 at 6:21pm

LOL.

I'm looking at a very large family. Obviously, mum and dad are very sexually active.

So, I guessing that the less socially acceptable practice you are talking about is their choice to not wear a condom.
Wink

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #209 - Jun 23rd, 2008 at 6:36pm

2.3 children is the societal norm. Societal norms must be protected at all costs. The rights of the last 0.7 children must be sacrificed for the rights of the first 2.3

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 
Send Topic Print