Send Topic Print
'trench treachery' (Read 51173 times)
Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: 'trench treachery'
Reply #30 - Jun 10th, 2008 at 1:46am

Battle of the Trench 5 A.H. (627 CE), This was a Pagan instigated battle, the Pagans assembled the largest army ever seen in Arabia at the time, they brought 10,000 well equipped men and cavalry forces with the intent of invading Madinah and wiping out the Muslims. They enlisted the help of the Banu Qurayza who attacked the Muslims from within the southern borders of Madinah. To prevent the Makkans from invading Madinah, Salman the Persian a.s. suggested to dig a giant trench to the north of Madinah which resulted in a 2 week stalemate that prevented the Pagans from invading. The Banu Qurayza were put under siege and upon surrendering they chose Sa'd bin Muad'h to be their judge as he was previously the leader of the Banu Aws. Sa'd judged them according to Jewish Law, that being :

Deutronomy 20:10-15

When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. When the LORD your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the LORD your God gives you from your enemies. This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.

The Muslims at this stage were a force to be reckoned with both in Military might and tactical prowess. Muhammad pbuh, according to the ritual of the time and understanding between all Arabs made the intention to take the Muslims to Makkah for the pilgramage and to circle the Ka'aba 7 times. The Muslims did not bring armour or spears or any warhorses but only carried their own swords as protection. Once arriving to Makkah the Muslims were not allowed in and sent an emissary into Makkah. After some time the emissary came back and announced that the Pagans would not allow the Muslims to conduct the pilgramage. The Muslims at this time were outraged that they would be denied any Arab's right and wanted to fight the Pagans. Had they done so, it would have been a bloody battle which would have unnecessarily wasted many lives from both the Muslim and Pagan sides. So Muhammad pbuh offered a truce to the Pagans. It was called the Treaty of Hudaybiyah. The treaty was so offensive and unfair to the Muslims that the very agreement by Muhammad pbuh to the treaty made it seem as if he was weak and the Muslims had surrendered. The treaty was as follows:

"In the name of God. These are the conditions of Peace between Muhammad (SAW), son of Abdullah and Suhayl ibn Amr the envoy of Mecca. There will be no fighting for ten years. Anyone who wishes to join Muhammad (SAW) and to enter into any agreement with him is free to do so. Anyone who wishes to join the Quraish and to enter into any agreement with them is free to do so. A young man, or one whose father is alive, if he goes to Muhammad without permission from his father or guardian, will be returned to his father or guardian. But if anyone goes to the Quraish, he will not be returned. This year Muhammad (SAW) will go back without entering Mecca. But next year he and his followers can enter Mecca, spend three days, perform the circuit. During these three days the Quraish will withdraw to the surrounding hills. When Muhammad and his followers enter into Mecca, they will be unarmed except for sheathed swords which wayfarers in Arabia always have with them."

As you can see, the Muslims were insulted by this as it was not fair for both sides. The Muslims returned to Madinah after this, they believed they had been defeated and were angry, but Muhammad pbuh called it the Great Victory, and it was as we will see later. With this peace between the Muslims and Pagans, Muhammad pbuh was able to focus on inviting others to Islam. He sent emissaries out to all of the known world to invite the leaders to accept Islam. We will get to these later.

The next battle was the Battle of Khaybar 7 A.H. (629 CE), after signing the abovementioned treaty, the Muslims had been seen to have almost surrendered to the Pagans, in seeing this the Jews that were expelled from Madinah previously for breaking the Constitution which they agreed to had thought it would be easy to go and attack the Muslims and take over Madinah. They launched an attack on Madinah which was bloody and many innocent people died, in response Muhammad pbuh mobilized his army and they marched on Khaybar. The Muslims had an army of roughly 1400 infantry and 200 horses and the Jewish armies had a force of more than 14,000. The Jews also had the advantage of having huge fort that they could repel the Muslims from. On two attempts the Muslims tried to attack but were repelled. On the next attempt Muhammad pbuh sent his own son in law and cousin Ali ibn abi Talib a.s. with some men to take the fort. Ali a.s. who was the hero of every Muslim battle led the Muslims in and conquered the forts. Again even though the Jews had attacked the Muslims, the Muslims allowed them all to leave on their surrender. This time however they kept their wealth as compensation for their attack on Madinah.

I'll continue in the next post

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #31 - Jun 10th, 2008 at 2:18am

The next battle was the Battle of Mutah in 7 A.H. (629 CE). As mentioned before, after the peace treaty had been signed with the Pagans, Muhammad pbuh sent emissaries out to other leaders inviting them to accept Islam. Some, like Negus, the Christian King of Abyssinia did accept Islam as did his people. But others, such as the Byzantine King at the time did not, not only did he not accept the invitation, but he killed the emissary. As I am sure you are all aware, emissaries are diplomats and under international law of then and now it was forbidden to murder such people. They were there to negotiate and the arrogant Byzantine King killed him.

The prophet Muhammad pbuh sent out an army of 6000 to exact revenge for the death of his emissary. This army came up against the Byzantine army which was numbered at 200,000. The Muslims had two options, either stay and fight to the death and achieve Martyrdom or flee back to Madinah. The Muslims decided to stay and fight. In the battle the Muslims killed 20,000 Byzantine soldiers but were themselves routed after losing the Prophet pbuh's cousin Jaafr ibn abi Talib (Ali a.s. brother). The remnants of the Muslim army returned shamed and defeated while those who were martyrd were held with high esteem.

After this battle, the Banu Khuza'a an ally of the Muslims were attacked by the Banu Bakr who were an ally of the Pagan's of Makkah. As per the treaty, the Pagans were supposed to renounce their alliance with the Banu Bakr to allow the Muslims and Banu Khuza'a to fight them and exact revenge for their transgression. The Pagans from Makkah however, having already thinking the Muslims as weak for signing such an unfair treaty in the first place and then seeing their defeat agains the Byzantine's decided that the treaty was not worth the paper that it was written on and then informed Muhammad pbuh that the treaty that guaranteed 10 years of peace was no longer valid. The Muslims then, mobilized a huge army for its next battle.

The Conquest of Makkah. 8 A.H. (630 CE) was the great victory Muhammad had prophesised. After the Pagans tore up the treaty that guaranteed peace for 10 years, the Muslims launched an army to conquer Makkah. The Muslims raised an army of 10,000 and marched to Makkah. On seeing their grave error, the Pagans tried to make another treaty with the Muslims but the Muslims wouldn't make another one. They gave every opportunity for the Pagans to behave according to the previous treaty which was unfair to the Muslims and the Pagans spat in their faces for it. The Muslims camped outside of Makkah and the Pagans realised that they had no other option but to discuss terms. The Pagans had no negotiating chips and were guilty of some of the greatest crimes agains the Muslims. Instead of taking over the city and putting all of the men to the sword while dividing the women and children up as slaves, as the Jews and Pagans would have done. But what did Muhammad do? He entered the city triumphantly with his soldiers, and anyone who stayed in thier homes was spared bloodshed. After he reached the Ka'aba and along with Ali a.s. destroyed the 360 idols there he gathered all of the Pagan Quraish there at the Ka'aba. Did he murder them for their transgressions? No.. What did he say?

"There is no god but Allah. He has no associate. He has made good His promise that He held to his bondman and helped him and defeated all the confederates. Bear in mind that every claim of privilege, whether that of blood or property is abolished except that of the custody of the Ka'aba and of supplying water to the pilgrims. Bear in mind that for any one who is slain the blood money is a hundred camels. People of Quraish, surely God has abolished from you all pride of the time of ignorance and all pride in your ancestry, because all men are descended from Adam, and Adam was made of clay."

Then Muhammad turning to the people said:

"O ye Quraish, what do you think of the treatment that I should accord you?"
And they said, "Mercy, O Prophet of Allah. We expect nothing but good from you."
Thereupon Muhammad declared: "I speak to you in the same words as Joseph spoke to his brothers. This day there is no reproof against you; Go your way, for you are free."

Instead of murdering them as the Jews or Pagans would have done, he forgave them and gave them their freedom. He let them keep their possessions also. He established monotheism once again in Makkah as it was established by the Prophet Ishmael and his father Abraham, peace be upon them.

The Battle of Hunain 8 A.H. (630 CE) occurred only two weeks after liberating Makkah from polytheism. On hearing that Muhammad pbuh had left Madinah towards Makkah the pagan armies from the bedouin Thaqif and Hawzin tribes thought they would surprise Muhammad with an army of 4,000 from behind. The Muslims fought the enemies with an army of 12,000 and it resulted in a decisive victory for the Muslims.

The Expidition of Tabuk 8 A.H. (630 CE) was an expidition to prevent the Byzantines from invading further into Arabia, Muhammad left Madinah with an army of 30,000 soldiers. They were prepared to face upto 100,000 soldiers and camped at Tabuk for a few days, no Byzantine soldiers appeared and the Muslims preached Islam to the surrounding tribes. With the tribes either accepting Islam or coming under the protection of the Islamic state and paying the Jizyah protection tax.

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #32 - Jun 10th, 2008 at 2:29am

Muhammad pbuh launched two more expeditions before his death. One was led by his cousin and son in law Ali ibn abi Talib a.s, where he went deep into Yemen and preached Islam. Previously Khalid bin Walid (who had converted after he defeated the Muslims in The Battle of Uhud) had gone there but no one accepted Islam, in fact they Yemenis were repulsed by him and refused to accept Islam. Ali a.s. went there with a small army and preached Islam. The army's purpose was for the defence of those preaching Islam and after they had been attacked by some pagan tribes and repelled them, they did not pursue as their goal or intention was not to fight their. When the Yemeni's listened to what Ali a.s. had to say, they accepted Islam en masse. In fact, the whole of Yemen can owe their acceptance of Islam to the efforts of Ali a.s. through the guidance and blessings of God.

Muhammad pbuh also wanted to send an expedition to the Byzantine's to fight them led by an 18 year old named Usama bin Zayd, who was the son of a slave. His father was murdered by the Byzantine army during the battle of Mutah. Under Usama's command he put the most seasoned generals and companions of the Prophet pbuh, who all protested against being put under the command of someone not only so young, but the son of a slave. But Muhammad pbuh rejected their pleas. Firstly because Usama was, like his father a brilliant tactician. But for two more reasons. Firstly that he wanted to get rid of this primitive class system that the Arabs had still held on to, where they thought they were better than Usama because he was the son of a slave, thus putting them under his command to teach them some humility. And also as an attempt to get those who would in the future try and usurp Ali ibn abi Talib's right to lead the Caliphate out of Madinah and prevent them from doing so. But the expidition never left and as a result Ali a.s' right to the Caliphate was usurped 'companions' of the Prophet pbuh.

That concludes my explanation of the major battles of the Prophet Muhammad pbuh, may God bless him and his family.

Ameen.

I am going to get some sleep now I think because I have work in the morning.

Massalaama

Adz

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #33 - Jun 10th, 2008 at 9:25am

Thanks for your detailed input here mailk.
Very well done indeed.

I propose we let malik finish his ongoing story before making any comments.
To let the story continue uninterrupted.

That's a late night for you, all the best at work today.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #34 - Jun 10th, 2008 at 10:41am

LOL These Forums can take up a lot of your time.  It's so frustrating when somebody posts a half truth that you just know is not quite right, but to actually get your point understood takes a huge investment in personal time. I find the same frustration on explaining Climate Change.

If you want an expert on Islam, listen to a Muslim. An Imam is probably better of course, but hey.

We have a multicultural society today in Australia. That's how it is. We need to live together with people of all races and religions, and the lifeblood of any such relationship is communication.

Communication is always two way. Each party can learn from the other and maybe even trust will develop as a result.

Now about that Nobel Peace prize ....

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #35 - Jun 10th, 2008 at 1:23pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 10th, 2008 at 9:25am:
Thanks for your detailed input here mailk.
Very well done indeed.

I propose we let malik finish his ongoing story before making any comments.
To let the story continue uninterrupted.

That's a late night for you, all the best at work today.

Thanks Sprint.. I did post all of the major battles and expeditions that Muhammad pbuh ordered or took part in.

Other than that there were reconnaissance missions and scouting missions too. I'm not sure if that totalled the 74 that you are referring too, I'd be surprised if it did to be honest. I am wondering where you got that number from?

Are there anymore questions about Islam that you have regarding these?

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #36 - Jun 10th, 2008 at 1:25pm

muso wrote on Jun 10th, 2008 at 10:41am:
LOL These Forums can take up a lot of your time.  It's so frustrating when somebody posts a half truth that you just know is not quite right, but to actually get your point understood takes a huge investment in personal time. I find the same frustration on explaining Climate Change.

If you want an expert on Islam, listen to a Muslim. An Imam is probably better of course, but hey.

We have a multicultural society today in Australia. That's how it is. We need to live together with people of all races and religions, and the lifeblood of any such relationship is communication.

Communication is always two way. Each party can learn from the other and maybe even trust will develop as a result.

Hey thanks Muso, thats very nice of you.

While I am not exactly an Imam, I am studying a Diploma of Islamic Theology.

IP Logged

Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Reply #37 - Jun 10th, 2008 at 3:09pm

Malik Shakur wrote on Jun 10th, 2008 at 1:23pm:
Other than that there were reconnaissance missions and scouting missions too. I'm not sure if that totalled the 74 that you are referring too, I'd be surprised if it did to be honest. I am wondering where you got that number from?

Probably from one of his secret documents.

Wink Wink Grin

IP Logged

Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Reply #38 - Jun 10th, 2008 at 3:15pm

muso wrote on Jun 10th, 2008 at 10:41am:

I agree, muso. However and unfortunately,  there are a lot of critics of multiculturalism. Then, there are those who are determined not to allow it to work.

As for the Nobel Peace Prize, I second your nomination.

Wink

IP Logged

pope urban 2

Australian Politics

melbourne
Reply #39 - Jun 10th, 2008 at 6:43pm

Henry Kissinger got a Peace Prize, one of the biggest mass murderers of all time.

God takes care of old folks and fools, while the Devil makes up all the rules.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #40 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 12:13am

pope urban 2 wrote on Jun 10th, 2008 at 6:43pm:
Henry Kissinger got a Peace Prize, one of the biggest mass murderers of all time.

True. Its an outrage that his name stands among the likes of Martin Luther King and Mother Theresa.

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #41 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 10:25am

I missed something, who's up for a nobel prize ??
The war mongering mohammad, or malik who follows him ?

will post a reply later on the trench treachery, maybe tomorrow

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #42 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 11:04am

Are you going to reveal the mysterious document sprint?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #43 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 1:14pm

thanks for your agreeance with me that mohammad was a war mongerer for many years.

We must all remember, this is the muslim history orated by the illiterate mohammad.
The victor decides the history, so it paints him in the best light.
Notice how he boasts on the numbers he killled ??
This is the first time for 1500 years someone who said they were a prophet raised a sword.
mohammad turned the clock back 1500 years.

here are a few ridiculous parts you have posted.

"Those Pagans captured were ransomed off and those who could not be ransomed due to the lack of money were free to leave after each of them taught 10 Muslims how to read and write. Those who could neither read or write, nor pay for their ransom were sent back to Makkah free."

Same as the compulsive deal about being beheaded or becoming a jew, how do you read this ??
"Either you give us money, or teach us, or we set you free "
I'ld opt for freedom thanks.
hahhaha, shows your gullibility, not mohammads.
He was a genuine general and media manipulator.

"The loss was a result of the Muslim archers leaving the hill on which they had superiority to collect war booty after the Pagans had been routed and then a counter attack was launched by Khalid bin Walid"  - sounds like the money hungry archers rushed into a simply set trap  by the pagans.

"suggested to dig a giant trench to the north of Madinah which resulted in a 2 week stalemate " - no, according to the koran the trench was dug to catch the blood of the jews mohammad so loved to slaughter.

After he falsely accused them of treachery. Only so he could murder them all.

Will post my bit on the trench use later.

IP Logged

Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Reply #44 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 5:37pm

pope urban 2 wrote on Jun 10th, 2008 at 6:43pm:

His name is a blemish on the integrity of the Nobel Peace Prize.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16
Send Topic Print