Send Topic Print
'trench treachery' (Read 51353 times)
muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Re: 'trench treachery'
Reply #75 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 2:45pm

pope urban 2 wrote on Jun 12th, 2008 at 6:43pm:
Malik, I know you will deny it but how many Armenians and Kurds has your precious Turkey killed and how is the PKK going in that peaceful part of the world, I guess America is to blame for that as well.

Turkey is a very secular country. At least you can't blame Islam for that.

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Reply #76 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 2:48pm

muso wrote on Jun 13th, 2008 at 2:45pm:
Turkey is a very secular country. At least you can't blame Islam for that.

Agree.

Turkey is as much a Islamic state as Australia is a Christian one, which is of course not the case.

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #77 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 5:22pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 13th, 2008 at 1:27pm:
the muslims were the new kids on the block. The pagans and jews were settled , stable and peaceable.
The muslims did the warring to start mohammads empire.
As supported in the koran.
mohammad slaughtered anyone who stood against his desired world domination.

Remember the Christians too were the new kids on the block at one stage and persecuted by the Roman pagans just as the Muslims were persecuted by the Quraishi Pagans in Mecca. The Muslims were beaten, stoned, tortured and executed.. and for what?

Your understanding of Islam is very limited. Do you know where some of the weakest Muslims fled to to escape persecution? The fled to Abyssinia, a Christian state to live under the protection of Emperor Negus. Let me relate to you, what happened when the Pagans sent an emissary named Amr bin Aas to try and get Negus to give them up.

When they were all assembled, the Negus spoke to them and said:

"What is this religion wherein ye have become separate from your people, though ye have not entered my religion nor that of any other of the folk that surround us?"

Ja'far answered him saying:

"O King, we were people steeped in ignorance, worshiping idols, eating unsacrificed carrion, committing abominations, and the strong would devour the weak. Thus we were, until Allah (The One True God) sent us a Messenger from out of our midst, one whose lineage we knew, and his veracity and his worthiness of trust and his integrity. He called us unto God, that we should testify to His Oneness and worship Him and renounce what we and our fathers had worshiped in the way of stones and idols; and he commanded us to speak truly, to fulfil our promises, to respect the ties of kinship and the rights of our neighbors, and to refrain from crimes and from bloodshed. So we worship God alone, setting naught beside Him, counting as forbidden what He hath forbidden and as licit what He hath allowed. For these reasons have our people turned against us, and have persecuted us to make us forsake our religion and revert from the worship of God to the worship of idols. That is why we have come to thy country, having chosen thee above all others; and we have been happy in thy protection, and it is our hope, O King, that here with thee we shall not suffer wrong."

The royal interpreters translated all that he had said. The Negus then asked if they had with them any Revelation that their Prophet had brought them from God and, when Ja'far answered that they had, he said: "Then recite it to me," whereupon Ja'far recited a passage from the Surah of Mary, which had been revealed shortly before their departure:

And make mention of Mary in the Book, when she withdrew from her people unto a place towards the east, and secluded herself from them; and We sent unto her Our Spirit, and it appeared unto her in the likeness of a perfect man. She said: I take refuge from thee in the Infinitely Good, if any piety thou hast. He said: I am none other than a messenger from thy Lord that I may bestow on thee a son most pure. She said: How can there be for me a son, when no man hath touched me, nor am I unchaste? He said: Even so shall it be; thy Lord saith: It is easy for Me. That We may make him a sign for mankind and a mercy from Us; and it is a thing ordained. (Qur'an 19:16-21)

The Negus wept, and his bishops wept also, when they heard him recite, and when it was translated they wept again, and the Negus said:

"This hath truly come from the same source as that which Jesus brought."

Then he turned to the two envoys of Quraysh and said:

“Ye may go, for by God I will not deliver them unto you; they shall not be betrayed."

But when they had withdrawn from the royal presence, 'Amr said to his companion: “Tomorrow I will tell him a thing that shall tear up this green growing prosperity of theirs by the roots. I will tell him that they aver that Jesus the son of Mary is a slave.” So the next morning he went to the Negus and said:

“O King, they utter an enormous lie about Jesus the son of Mary. Do but send to them, and ask them what they say of him."

So he sent them word to come to him again and to tell him what they said of Jesus, whereupon they were troubled, for nothing of this kind had ever yet befallen them. They consulted together as to what they should reply when the question was put to them, though they all knew that they had no choice but to say what God had said.

So when they entered the royal presence, and it was said to them: "What say ye of Jesus, the son of Mary?" Ja’far answered:

"We say of him what our Prophet brought unto us, that he is the slave of God and His Messenger and His Spirit and His Word which He cast unto Mary the blessed virgin."

The Negus took up a piece of wood and said:

“Jesus the son of Mary exceedeth not what thou hast said by the length of this stick."

And when the generals round him snorted, he added: "For all your snorting." Then he turned to Ja'far and his companions and said: "Go your ways, for ye are safe in my land. Not for mountains of gold would I harm a single man of you"; and with a movement of his hand towards the envoys of Quraysh, he said to his attendant: "Return unto these two men their gifts, for I have no use for them." So ‘Amr and the other man went back ignominiously to Mecca."

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #78 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 5:38pm

Hi malik ,

No, it is not very convenient at all. I spent time looking for it and could not find it. Will look again.

Do not have to accuse islam of much, the news tells us what muslims and islam does and wants.
dont you know the koran ? Can't post it yourself ??

Yes.. not only is it not convenient, but in reality it only makes you look like a liar. I suggest you devote some more time to finding the evidence so you don't look like a liar.

All praises are due to God, I have read the Qur'an many times and never come across what you are referring to. It is you making such accusations regarding the Qur'an and I have never seen such a thing, Thus the onus is on you to provide evidence of it.

I also did a search in three different Qur'anic translations for the words 'trench' or 'trenches' and came up with no results. Surely if there was an order in the Qur'an to construct a trench for any purpose  it would at least have come up with one result for either word.

As mentioned, Salman Al-Farsi was the one who suggested to dig the trenches as a means to protect Madinah from the army of 10,000 pagan soldiers who had left Mecca to attack the Muslims in Medina.

saudi ONLY has muslims there. SO they are a perfect representation of a muslim state - ie islam. what other countries are muslim led ??
hhhmm, yeman, iran, not really a good list is it ???

You don't seem to be able to comprehend what I'm saying sprint. Regardless if Saudi only has Muslims in it, it still doesn't fit the criteria of being an ISLAMIC STATE. There is a difference between what a Muslim is and what Islam is. You see a Muslim is human, they are imperfect and prone to make mistakes. Islam however is different. It's the religion and a set of criteria to live by. Saudi Arabia doesn't follow that criteria. Are you aware how Saudi Arabia came to be? It was the betrayel of the Arab tribes against the Ottoman empire, supported by Britain who sent people like TE Lawrence (ie lawrence of arabia) to go and promise Arab tribes kingship of the land if they rebelled against the Ottoman empire.
nice justification for a murderer.
you forgot to mention the poet was a woman, sleeping with a child at her breast when murdered at mohammads request.

I have already mentioned that was what has been written in hadith regarding that situation, I myself would be surprised if that is indeed the case, because the very same hadith states that the man who did it was actually blind. Don't you find that a bit odd?

I will also mention that the hadith in question mentions that the baby was removed from her before the woman was assasinated.

You would do the same for a paedophile ?

I beg your pardon? Can you elaborate?

He was the first self appointed "prophet" for 1500 years to hold a sword and murder.
In one blood drenched lifetime he murdered and slaughtered more than in the whole of the new testament and much of the old testament.
You yourself have given proof of his many wars.

thanks for supporting my views on his actions.

I don't support your views at all. You see the wars as being ones which were started by the Muslims. If the Muslims hadn't been persecuted simply for preaching the worship of One God instead of pagan idols, exiled and all of their possessions sold in addition to the pagans trying to wipe them off of the face of the planet then there would have been no wars. Muslims simply would have preached Islam and that was it. It was the Pagans who brought violence into the equation.

IP Logged

pope urban 2

Australian Politics

melbourne
Reply #79 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 6:47pm

Why are so many Muslims in denial about things they have done, Christians freely admit the errors of the past, those that arent fanatics of course. And even though denounce terrorism Malik, I bet you wouldnt go to the nearest Mosque and shout it to the world.

God takes care of old folks and fools, while the Devil makes up all the rules.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #80 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 6:53pm

When Mohammed first entered Yathrib (Al-Madina Al-Munawwarah), he was counting on the support of its people. One particular ethnic group he thought would give more authority to his prophethood were the Jews because they had the Torah and all the previous Prophets were Jewish.

The Jews were many in Yathrib and its suburbs. There were the Bani Al-Nadheer Jews, the Bani Qaynuqa' Jews, the Bani Quraytha Jews, and several more. The Jews were rich and successful in their businesses. A great asset to the young Islamic Nation.

At first, Mohammed was trying to befriend the Jews and get them on his side. He insisted that the People of the Book (Jews and Christians) worship the same God [Quran Surah 29:46]. He said that the same God sent down the Torah [Quran Surah 5:48]. He ordered the Muslims to fast Aashoora' or the Passover [Saheeh Bukhari - 2004]. Even the Qibla (the direction the Muslims face in prayer) was towards Jerusalem - the same direction the Jews faced in prayer [Saheeh Bukhari - 41].

But no matter how hard Mohammed tried to convince them that he is a prophet he just couldn't. Once he even barged into a Jewish Synagogue in Yathrib (Al-Madina Al-Munawwarah) and said that if only twelve Jews would believe in him then Allah would spare them his wrath [Musnad Ahmad - 23464].

When he realized that the Jews wouldn't believe in him, and that their unbelief would turn against him, because they have the Torah which has the criteria for any prophet, he realized that they should be eliminated. So at first he switched the Qibla (the direction the Muslims face in prayer) from Jerusalem to Mecca [Quran Surah 2:144 and Saheeh Bukhari - 41]. Then warned them; they either become Muslims and be safe, or sell their possessions and leave their land [Saheeh Muslim - 1765 & 1767 and Sunan Abi Dawood - 3003].

Mohammed marched towards the Jews in order to either exile them or make a treaty with them. The Bani Al-Nadheer Jews refused to make a treaty with Mohammed so they fought against him, lost, and subsequently were exiled. The Bani Quraytha Jews saw the fate of their Bani Al-Nadheer brethren so they had no choice but to make a peace treaty with him [Saheeh Muslim - 1766 and Sunan Abi Dawood - 3004].

Yet Mohammed was determined that all Jews should be either exiled or killed - he was set on their elimination. He cannot simply break the treaty with Bani Quraytha though because it would be bad for his image as a Prophet who's supposed to keep his promises and treaties. He strongly emphasized the importance of keeping treaties [Quran Surah 9:4 and Saheeh Bukhari - 33]. So his only way out was to make it appear as though Bani Quraytha were the ones who broke the treaty.

Ghazwat Al-Khandaq (The Battle of the Trench or Ditch) came. The Pagan Arab tribes retreated and Mohammed was ready for battle. Mohammed went to the Bani Quraytha Jews and eliminated them because it was claimed that they betrayed the Muslims and renounced the treaty, but did they?

The Battle of Al-Khandaq (Trench) and The Battle of Bani Quraytha

Quraysh and Ghatfan, encouraged by the exiled Bani Al-Nadheer Jews, wanted to eliminate Mohammed once and for all. They gathered up a great army and put Yathrib under siege [Saheeh Bukhari - 4103]. Mohammed , based on a suggestion by Salman Al-Farisi, dug a trench around Yathrib [Saheeh Bukhari - 2837], except for the Bani Quraytha side that is, because they had great fortresses and it would be practically impossible for the Pagan Arabs to get through their fortresses unless Bani Quraytha allowed it. Now since Mohammed and Bani Quraytha had a treaty, Mohammed had nothing to fear [Saheeh Muslim - 1766 and Sunan Abi Dawood - 3004]. Thus all was set.

Now the siege has started, Mohammed was running low on food and resources [Saheeh Bukhari - 4101 and Musnad Ahmad - 13808], his companions were terrified [Saheeh Bukhari - 4103 and Musnad Ahmad - 10613], and above all that it was rumored that Bani Quraytha were going to break the treaty between them and Mohammed and let the Pagan Arabs come through their side. But after a while, a sandstorm hit the armies of the Pagan Arabs, and since Bani Quraytha refused to let them in through their fortresses, the armies had no choice but to retreat [Musnad Ahmad - 22823].

Mohammed on the other hand was ready for battle, he had a full army equipped and eager to fight in the name of Allah. The rumors that Bani Quraytha wanted to betray him were his only excuse, that and an order sent from Allah via Jibreel (Gabriel). He went to them, put them under siege for 14 days. Finally they surrendered. So Mohammed killed all their men, enslaved their women and children [Saheeh Muslim - 1769]. Now there was one less Jewish tribe to worry about.

Traitors or Betrayed?

Now it all comes down to this; are the Bani Quraytha Jews traitors or were they betrayed?

First of all, how do we know if a treaty is broken? We cannot simply assume that a treaty is broken because of mere rumors [Quran Surah 49:12]. We can only assume that a treaty is broken if:-
1. The other side officially renounces the treaty
2. The other side does an action which is a direct violation of the treaty

Does any one of the former apply to the Bani Quraytha Jews?

to be contd

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #81 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 6:58pm

"First of all, how do we know if a treaty is broken? We cannot simply assume that a treaty is broken because of mere rumors [Quran Surah 49:12]. We can only assume that a treaty is broken if:-
1. The other side officially renounces the treaty
2. The other side does an action which is a direct violation of the treaty

Does any one of the former apply to the Bani Quraytha Jews?

I've searched the nine books of Hadeeth (Saheeh Bukhari, Saheeh Muslim, Sunan Al-Tarmithi, Sunan Al-Nasa'i, Sunan Abi Dawood, Sunan Ibn Majah, Musnad Ahmad, Muwatta' Malik, and Sunan Al-Darimi). In my search I did not find any single Hadeeth which indicates that Bani Quraytha either officially (or even unofficially) renounced the treaty, nor did I find a Hadeeth which indicates that Bani Quraytha violated the treaty in any way.

As a matter of fact, the only Hadeeth I found regarding Bani Quraytha's position was one Hadeeth [Musnad Ahmad - 22823] which says that Bani Quraytha actually refused to assist the Pagan Arabs in any way in their assault against Mohammed.

The Conclusion

We saw how much Mohammed wanted to get the Jews on his side, but since he couldn't he had to eliminate them. We saw that the Bani Quraytha Jews actually refused to aid the Pagan Arabs or even let them in through their fortresses. Yet Mohammed was determined to eliminate all non-Muslims from Arabia. The Jews were innocent yet that didn't stop him, he marched to Bani Quraytha and ruthlessly slaughtered all their men, enslaved their women and children. He violated the treaty himself, and he was the one who always preached how treaties should be kept.

History is written by the victors, thus the Muslims have throughout history claimed that the Bani Quraytha Jews were the traitors. Yet because the nine Hadeeth collectors (From Bukhari to Al-Darimi) were men who feared Allah, they couldn't include in their books any Hadeeth which wasn't authentic, thus they couldn't find any Hadeeth to put in their books which talks about the treachery of Bani Quraytha.

It all comes down to this, does a true Prophet of God break his treaties? "

there you go my verbally abusive malik.

jfk - muslims believe they are born perfect and are superior to anyone nonmuslim.
Hence their denial, abusiveness, intolerance and arrogance.

Christians believe we are born "flawed", then err from then on !!!
Sure makes it easy to see our faults and forgive others.
Some good quotes from Jesus about that sort of stuff.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #82 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 6:59pm

malik

"Ishaq:464 "The Jews were made to come down, and Allah's Messenger imprisoned them. Then the Prophet went out into the marketplace of Medina, and he had trenches dug in it. He sent for the Jewish men and had them beheaded in those trenches. They were brought out to him in batches. They numbered 800 to 900 boys and men."

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #83 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 7:01pm

malik

Ishaq: 676 "‘You obey a stranger who encourages you to murder for booty. You are greedy men. Is there no honor among you?' Upon hearing those lines Muhammad said, ‘Will no one rid me of this woman?' Umayr, a zealous Muslim, decided to execute the Prophet's wishes. That very night he crept into the writer's home while she lay sleeping surrounded by her young children. There was one at her breast. Umayr removed the suckling babe and then plunged his sword into the poet. The next morning in the mosque, Muhammad, who was aware of the assassination, said, ‘You have helped Allah and His Apostle.' Umayr said. ‘She had five sons; should I feel guilty?' ‘No,' the Prophet answered. ‘Killing her was as meaningless as two goats butting heads.'"

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #84 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 7:17pm

pope urban 2 wrote on Jun 13th, 2008 at 6:47pm:
Why are so many Muslims in denial about things they have done, Christians freely admit the errors of the past, those that arent fanatics of course. And even though denounce terrorism Malik, I bet you wouldnt go to the nearest Mosque and shout it to the world.

Wow. You have never met me yet you still make such big assumptions? Obviously you don't know a single thing about me at all then don't you?

Not only have I and many others done what you've said. But we have done far more than that too.

Perhaps you should get your facts straight before you judge

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #85 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 8:28pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 13th, 2008 at 6:59pm:
malik

"Ishaq:464 "The Jews were made to come down, and Allah's Messenger imprisoned them. Then the Prophet went out into the marketplace of Medina, and he had trenches dug in it. He sent for the Jewish men and had them beheaded in those trenches. They were brought out to him in batches. They numbered 800 to 900 boys and men."

You do understand that Ishaq is not the Qur'an right? It is a history book. Also, there were trenches made for it in the market place in Madinah, but again it's not the reason why it's called the Battle of the Trench.

In addition to that, the Prophet Muhammad pbuh had a history of dealing with other Jewish tribes who displayed treachery far more mercifully prior to the incident with the Banu Qurayza, he exiled them and let them take their women and children and possessions, wealth and livestock aswell. So why was this any different?

It's because the Muslims had besieged the Banu Qurayza following their treachery in conspiring with the Pagans and during the siege the Banu Qurayza requested independent judgement and wanted the head of the Banu Aws Sa'd ibn Mu'adh to judge them and not Muhammad pbuh, so Muhammad pbuh allowed it and promised to adhere to the decision.

Sa'd ibn Mu'adh judged them according to Jewish law, and the women and children were taken as slaves, and the men were put to the sword. It is said the number of those killed were 600-700, I don't think as high as 900 but it is possible at it's highest it would be 800.

They were judged according to their own religion, not Islam.. And because of that they were given the option to accept Islam and be saved from the fate their religion holds for them for their treachery as it would no longer apply to them.

I will address your big post shortly. 

IP Logged

pope urban 2

Australian Politics

melbourne
Reply #86 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 8:38pm

Stop quoting the Quaran, its bullshit, you all like to believe you are educated men, yet still believe in this mostly unproven rubbish.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #87 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 9:05pm

and even though denounce terrorism Malik, I bet you wouldnt go to the nearest Mosque and shout it to the world.

I've never heard of anyone turn up to a church and denounce terrorism either. Perhaps they don't want to look like nutters. Either that, or they are too busy denouncing Islam.

Plus what Malik said. It is simply ignorant to suggest that Muslims aren't actively working against terrorism.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

pope urban 2

Australian Politics

melbourne
Reply #88 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 10:17pm

Really, in which country are you talking about, Like I said before, you name me someone, dont just generalize.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #89 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 10:39pm

Every country. Iraq is a good example.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16
Send Topic Print