Polygamy (Read 54152 times)
abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Re: Polygamy
Reply #150 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 8:27pm

Aussie,

Quote:
abu.....you have a very serious credibility problem. You say that Muslims have been in Australia before European settlement, and that they were heavily involved in that settlement

On the contrary, it is you would seem to have the credibility problem, since you're not even aware of your own country's history. Go back and do a little more research and get the full picture of Australia's history.

I'd suggest beginning here, A History of Islam in Australia by Bilal Cleland, who like myself, is an Anglo-Australian convert to Islam, full text is available online at that link.

A preview of another good book can be found on Google Book Search here, by Melbourne University Lecturer Abdullah Saeed.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #151 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 8:45pm

Quote:
Why would you doubt that Muslims had visited Australia prior to the Europeans? You have the largest population of Muslims in one nation just to the north of Australia who were engaged in heavy trade. In fact they came across Islam from traders that came from Yemen and India. From there, Macassan trepengers from south west Sulewesi did come and trade here and had a good relationship with Indigenous Australians from as far back as the 1400's.

Prove it. 

As a stating point, you might enlighten us as to exactly when our northern Javarian neighbours were moved from cannibal status to Muslim status.  Just who were these missionaries?  You might also tell us just how this navigational feat was accomplished.  How did they get there, and from where?  It is an interesting question.  How did the savages of Indonesia become Muslim, and when, and how?

Quote:
Regarding Muslims helping settlers, it may surprise you to know that Muslims had also come to Australia in the mid 1800's from Afghanistan and Pakistan and helped build much of the telegraphing system that we had in Australia. Perhaps if you also check your facts you will find that Burke and Wills were accompanied by Afghan Cameleers and such cameleers saved the lives of many European explorers.

Many of the Afghans stayed in Australia, marrying into indigenous families. You will find that in central and northern Australia that there are Afghan-Aboriginal's with Muslim names, in fact those who didn't have Christianity forced on them by the colonialists you so love still retain their Islamic identity today

Some of that is true, but it dates only as far back as the mid 1850s.  The non Muslim Poms were here well before that.  Other Europeans as well.

Yes, Afghans were part of later exploration of Australia, but I'll bet there was not one Quoran to be found among them.

But, Malik, if you are trying tying to mount an argument that Islam has some historical birth right in Australia, you are losing credibility.

I have tread this part of Earth some many years, as have my forebears going way back, and there is not one Muslim on the radar, yes some very scarce Afghans with their camels, and no Islam.

They fled Afghanistan.

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #152 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 8:48pm

Seriously deluded, even by the crazy standards of Islam.

Malik, we are discussing what is acceptable now, in our culture, so stop using the pathetically tired argument of the intellectually paralysed, by claiming what was done previously, by others, was just as bad, or worse.

Abu, are you shitting me, you converted to Islam?

That is a one way ticket, to nowhere good.

Still, with your obviously sound and historically relevant stance on the muslim contribution to the settlement of Australia, we do not need any further enquiries to be made into your heightened ability to be totally gullible.

Psst! Wanna buy a genuine roolex?

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #153 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 8:59pm

abu_rashid wrote on Jun 29th, 2008 at 8:05pm:
My family has been here for well over 150 years in most lines of ascent, if anyone will be 'pissing off' it won't be me mate, it'll be you.

Hey guess what, one side of my family has been here 1 generation, but the other side is one of the oldest European families in Australia and NZ, at one time considered gentry or whatever it is you call snobs when being polite.

Quote:
The reasons 'why' are completely irrelevant. The fact is. some Muslim men choose to have more than one wife. And since Australia is a 'free and democratic' country, that safeguards and values the freedom of individuals there's no reason why it shouldn't be allowed by law. Unless freedom is only relevant when it suits certain groups of Australians?

Let's give poofs and lesbians the right to marry too. Would that be ok with you? Hey, what if a bisexual man wants a husband and a wife? Is that kosher?

Quote:
So you think when newcomers arrive they should not contribute anything whatsoever to the Australian identity, instead they should shed their own ideas, beliefs and cultures and just adopt those of the existing Australian community?

No, keep your ideas and beliefs, and piss your culture off and take ours on board.

I am from a foreign government. This is not a joke. I am authorised to investigate state and federal bodies including ASIO.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #154 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 9:01pm

Malik Shakur,

Waiyyakum akhi, nice work also, you covered quite a few points that I missed.

Aussie,

Quote:
As a stating point, you might enlighten us as to exactly when our northern Javarian neighbours were moved from cannibal status to Muslim status

So much for creibility, are you not even aware that the Javanese were Hindus and Buddhists prior to their embracing Islam, or perhaps you're thinking of the Papuans? They're all up there somewhere I'm sure, all the same right?

Quote:
Just who were these missionaries?  You might also tell us just how this navigational feat was accomplished.  How did they get there, and from where?  It is an interesting question.  How did the savages of Indonesia become Muslim, and when, and how?

It must've been through telepathy, since Muslims weren't capable of such navigational feats.

Really you're not even worth debating. Your knowledge is extremely limited, which isn't a crime in itself, but you don't want to know either. Just remain in your sheltered little delusional view of the world.

Quote:
Some of that is true, but it dates only as far back as the mid 1850s.  The non Muslim Poms were here well before that.  Other Europeans as well.

There were Muslims on the Endeavour. Please read the links provided above and then rejoin the debate when you've acquired a little more knowledge on the subject.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #155 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 9:05pm

abu_rashid wrote on Jun 29th, 2008 at 9:01pm:
There were Muslims on the Endeavour. Please read the links provided above and then rejoin the debate when you've acquired a little more knowledge on the subject.

So there were Muslims on the boat that discovered Australia?

That's a new one. And just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's true.

And I hardly doubt they would have played a significant role on board, not as officers definately.

I am from a foreign government. This is not a joke. I am authorised to investigate state and federal bodies including ASIO.

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #156 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 9:07pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 29th, 2008 at 8:45pm:
Prove it.  

As a stating point, you might enlighten us as to exactly when our northern Javarian neighbours were moved from cannibal status to Muslim status.  Just who were these missionaries?  You might also tell us just how this navigational feat was accomplished.  How did they get there, and from where?  It is an interesting question.  How did the savages of Indonesia become Muslim, and when, and how?

Navigational feat? They were much closer to Australia than Europe is and were merchant traders, they were well equipped to take on such a 'feat'.

These 'missionaries' were traders who came from Yemen and India and even China.

Islam came to Indonesia and the rest of South East Asia in roughly 1000 AD and even Marco Polo reported back in 1292 that Pasai and Perlak had Muslim rulers.

Islam spread there peacefully through trade.

Research Macassan trepangers and you'll find the evidence you need to prove me correct.

Muslims had visited Australia way before the Europeans, as mentioned evidence shows Muslims having relations with Indigineous Australians in the 1400's. Many books have been written about this. Whereas Europeans visited in the 1600's with Captain Cook coming in 1770.
Yes, Afghans were part of later exploration of Australia, but I'll bet there was not one Quoran to be found among them.

That's not true at all.
But, Malik, if you are trying tying to mount an argument that Islam has some historical birth right in Australia, you are losing credibility.

Islam has just as much 'birth right' to be here as Christianity does, the only difference between our religions is that we didn't force ours onto indigenous Australians like yours did.

I have tread this part of Earth some many years, as have my forebears going way back, and there is not one Muslim on the radar, yes some very scarce Afghans with their camels, and no Islam.

They fled Afghanistan.

Too many years that you seem to be going senile. When I say Afghans, It doesn't necessarily mean they were only from Afghanistan. It's just what they were called. They didn't flee their countries either, they were paid by the British to come and work here because the British couldn't do it without them.

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #157 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 9:12pm

mozzaok wrote on Jun 29th, 2008 at 8:48pm:
Seriously deluded, even by the crazy standards of Islam.

Malik, we are discussing what is acceptable now, in our culture, so stop using the pathetically tired argument of the intellectually paralysed, by claiming what was done previously, by others, was just as bad, or worse.

Oh please, so you'd like to ignore your own Anglo European history and what was done here to indigenous Australians and say what's ok now, but at the same time you criticise Islam's history? That's a bit of a double standard.

The fact remains that your Anglo Christian forefathers came here and not only didn't fit accept the culture that was here, but went to the extent of trying to exterminate it from the face of the planet. They raped and pillaged and forcibly converted Indigenous Australians to Christianity.

mozzaok wrote on Jun 29th, 2008 at 8:48pm:

That is a one way ticket, to nowhere good.

Still, with your obviously sound and historically relevant stance on the muslim contribution to the settlement of Australia, we do not need any further enquiries to be made into your heightened ability to be totally gullible.

Psst! Wanna buy a genuine roolex?

I too accepted Islam out of my free choice Mozza, and more and more Australians do so every year.

Islam doesn't need to spread by the sword.. People flock to it quicker than you can kill them in places like Iraq and Afghanistan.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #158 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 9:15pm

easel wrote on Jun 29th, 2008 at 9:05pm:
abu_rashid wrote on Jun 29th, 2008 at 9:01pm:

So there were Muslims on the boat that discovered Australia?

That's a new one. And just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's true.

And I hardly doubt they would have played a significant role on board, not as officers definately.

There were no Muslims on board Endeavour.

http://www.captcook-ne.co.uk/ccne/themes/shipsandcrew.htm

Mind you, I could not give twopenny fart if there were, but this debate, and another elsewhere here, is insane.

IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #159 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 9:15pm

poo, and I thought born again Christians were bad! Cheesy

Just kidding, I admire your blind faith.

If you want to start talking about atrocities though, in recent history, Islam takes the award for being the most violent and psycho.

IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #160 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 9:20pm

Malik Shakur wrote on Jun 29th, 2008 at 9:12pm:
Islam doesn't need to spread by the sword.. People flock to it quicker than you can kill them in places like Iraq and Afghanistan.

Quote:
Did you know - Quran (4:34) orders a man to beat his wife if she doesn't obey him?
Quran 4:34: Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in their sleeping places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.

Quote:
Who we are:

We are ex-Muslims. Some of us were born and raised in Islam and some of us had converted to Islam at some moment in our lives. We were taught never to question the truth of Islam and to believe in Allah and his messenger with blind faith. We were told that Allah would forgive all sins but the sin of disbelief (Quran 4:48 and 4:116). But we committed the ultimate sin of thinking and questioned the belief that was imposed on us and we came to realize that far from being a religion of truth, Islam is a hoax, it is hallucination of a sick mind and nothing but lies and deceits.

http://www.apostatesofislam.com/

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #161 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 9:22pm

Malik Shakur wrote on Jun 29th, 2008 at 9:07pm:
Prove it. 

As a stating point, you might enlighten us as to exactly when our northern Javarian neighbours were moved from cannibal status to Muslim status.  Just who were these missionaries?  You might also tell us just how this navigational feat was accomplished.  How did they get there, and from where?  It is an interesting question.  How did the savages of Indonesia become Muslim, and when, and how?

Navigational feat? They were much closer to Australia than Europe is and were merchant traders, they were well equipped to take on such a 'feat'.

These 'missionaries' were traders who came from Yemen and India and even China.

Islam came to Indonesia and the rest of South East Asia in roughly 1000 AD and even Marco Polo reported back in 1292 that Pasai and Perlak had Muslim rulers.

Islam spread there peacefully through trade.

Research Macassan trepangers and you'll find the evidence you need to prove me correct.

Muslims had visited Australia way before the Europeans, as mentioned evidence shows Muslims having relations with Indigineous Australians in the 1400's. Many books have been written about this. Whereas Europeans visited in the 1600's with Captain Cook coming in 1770.

That's not true at all.

Islam has just as much 'birth right' to be here as Christianity does, the only difference between our religions is that we didn't force ours onto indigenous Australians like yours did.

They fled Afghanistan.

Too many years that you seem to be going senile. When I say Afghans, It doesn't necessarily mean they were only from Afghanistan. It's just what they were called. They didn't flee their countries either, they were paid by the British to come and work here because the British couldn't do it without them.

Give me some evidence to support these claims.  Even Muslim references would be entertaining.

Malik, Australian was discovered and settled by Europeans, and unless you want to disturb some centuries of history, I suggest better put up or shut up.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #162 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 9:23pm

mozzaok,

Quote:

I jest you not! You might be surprised to know hundreds of Australians embrace Islam each year.

Here is a video actually of 22 Australians simultaneously embracing Islam:

easel,

Quote:
Let's give poofs and lesbians the right to marry too. Would that be ok with you?

According to so called "Australian values" it is going to be ok in the very near future. And Australia already has the Mardi Gras and other accepted homosexual institutions. So you tell me?

According to Islam it is not permissable, and I suspect you know that. I did not champion the Australian value of personal freedom, I merely pointed out it's hypocritical to extend it to some yet not to others.

Quote:
No, keep your ideas and beliefs, and piss your culture off and take ours on board.

Well sorry to disappoiint you, but I grew up with Anglo-Australian culture, I have thrown it overboard and taken Islamic culture on board. What is wrong with that? Why must everyone conform to the culture you dictate? And as Malik Shakur pointed out, when Europeans arrived here, they did not respect any such unwritten code that you must assimilate into the culture of the place you land. At least we don't shove it down your throat as the Colonialists did to the Aussies they found here.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #163 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 9:25pm

easel wrote on Jun 29th, 2008 at 9:15pm:
poo, and I thought born again Christians were bad! Cheesy

Just kidding, I admire your blind faith.

If you want to start talking about atrocities though, in recent history, Islam takes the award for being the most violent and psycho.

Oh really?

Hmmm that's interesting because it was Christians who massacred 6million jews in WW2 and not Muslims.. Christians who attacked Vietnam, Korea, Iraq, Afghanistan etc.

Christianity has obviously taken the cake there, not Islam

IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #164 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 9:33pm

I don't care about gays and lesbians, or the Mardi Gras. Because it is not a choice, but a scientifically validated orientation.

Now that science has shown that being homosexual is not a choice in many cases, but biologically determined, did God create these people specifically so he could give them massive temptation in order for him to make it easier to damn them?

This is why I like Jesus. He says nothing about gays, it's all old testament.

We don't need to compare what happened 200 years ago to what is happening today. It's irrelevant. While we are at discussing whether polygamy should be introduced in to Australia to please Muslims, let's talk about the Crusades too.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17
Send Topic Print