Send Topic Print
Polygamy (Read 54164 times)
mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Re: Polygamy
Reply #75 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 8:14pm

Thanks Sprint, Sure you can use it wherever you like.

I am not confusing anything FD, all the things I mentioned, are Islamic cultural areas which conflict with western standards.

King Billy, I am not trying to promote christianity, and it shows more how you assume that my objections to Islam are from the point of view of an alternative religion, which I promise it isn't, if you read any of my views on religion you will see the funny side of your comment.

I am not trying to demonise Islam, but I am certainly not going to ignore it's many faults, which they wish to see themselves allowed to indulge in western countries, in some cockeyed attempt at cultural diversity.

I am also not against muticulturalism, I am simply for maintaining respect for our standards, and our culture, which I like just fine.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #76 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 10:50pm

mozzaok wrote on Jun 27th, 2008 at 10:11am:
Terrorism is not the main reason why the west rejects Islam, Malik.

I'm sorry I haven't quoted the whole quote Mozza, but I'll address each point you made hopefully.

Firstly regarding your accusation of the treatment of Muslim women.
The fact remains that those behaviours that you mentioned are a cultural practice that is practiced by not only Muslim's but also Christians and Jews in the Middle East. Honour killings are forbidden in Islam, as is female circumcision, beating one's wives and raping them etc.

Next you talk about polygeny. I might ask you what happens when women outnumber men in society? Are those women who don't have a husband supposed to just go through their life being alone? No one to love, care for her, look after her, provide for her? Are you going to deny her the right to have those things?

Before Islam came Arabs used to buy and sell women, give their daughters and wives away to pay debts, women could not divorce their husbands nor could they choose them, women had no right to inherit wealth nor possess their own. Women had no right to education and were treated like possessions.

When Islam came it gave women the right to education, the right to own and inherit their own wealth and do with it as they please, the right to political representation, the right to choose and refuse potential husbands, to keep their maiden name and the right to divorce their husbands. The Christian West didn't grant these rights until very recently in history, whereas in Islam we had given these rights to women more than 1400 years ago.  

In addition to that, Islam brought women even more rights than non Muslim women enjoyed not only at that time, but even until today. They have the right not to be looked at as sexual objects or judged by their physical appearance and instead are taken by their intellect and personality, they have the right to be protected and have accommodation, clothing and food provided for them without being forced to work by their husbands. And should they actually go and work, their husbands have no right to touch their wealth and still have to provide for them. In fact even if the wife requests a payment from the husband for breast feeding their own children he has to pay it.

Furthermore, the punishment or death does not apply to apostasy, in fact all of the Qur'anic verses that refer to apostasy, those being  3:72, 3:90, 16:106, 4:137 and 5:54. All of these verses refer to the punishment for apostasy as something which will occur in the next life, not in this life. The only time that the death penalty can apply in this situation is if the person who apostates goes and physically fights against the Muslim state and encourages others to do so.

You also state that Islam is systematically racist against Jews, if that was the case we wouldn't have protected them from the Christian and European hordes that tried to rid them from the face of the earth. In fact the Jewish communities that have been safest in the world have lived amongst the Muslims, in Iran, Yemen, Morocco, Egypt, Islamic Spain, Ottoman Empire etc. When the Islamic State ruled these areas, Jews were given autonomy, allowed to live by their own laws, elect their own clergy and live under the protection of the Islamic State. Compare that with non Muslim Europe who forcibly converted more than a hundred thousand Jews in their many inquisitions and murdered many too. In addition to that Europe allowed anti Semitism to gain such support that Hitler was able to murder SIX MILLION OF THEM before the rest of the world stopped him. So regarding that, you have no right to blame Muslims for anti semitism. We ARE Semites.

Islam prescribes the Islamic State be run according to the Qur'an and Sunnah. But that doesn't mean we are against people living in a secular democracy. In fact, we have to follow the laws of the land that we are in and that means accepting peoples right here to live under the type of system they do and contributing positively to society. Compare that with the many coups orchestrated by the West in the Middle East including the overthrow of the democratically elected Mohammed Mossadeq in Iran in the 50's after he nationalized Iran's oil. In addition to the Non Muslim West's attempts to colonize and rid Islam's influence from the Middle East by installing and supporting dictators and kings in those lands.

You also say:

Quote:
Many Muslims are not accepting of secular, democratic government.

But only a few sentences later you say:

Quote:
Many muslims believe that only an Islamic Theocracy, is a valid regime, for most westerners, that is an abhorrent belief.

I find it very hypocritical that you accuse Muslims of not accepting a secular and democratic government but then have no problem with saying that for most Westerners an Islamic State is an abhorrent belief. It is obvious that you have a holier than thou attitude and believe that you're culture and values are superior to Islam. Thus you are happy to insult Islam and Muslims and make all kinds of stupid accusations against them, yet you find criticism of your own values and cultures as insulting and would ask any Muslim who does so to leave the country if they don't like it.

As mentioned before, many of the examples you gave of 'Islam' are actually cultural and social practices of the region not limited to Muslims and clearl
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2008 at 10:49pm by Malik Shakur »  
IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #77 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 10:58pm

I might also mention that domestic violence in the West is a very serious issue and it is clear that domestic violence is not limited to Muslim societies, but society in general and needs to be dealt with on a societal issue.

IP Logged

pope urban 2

Australian Politics

melbourne
Reply #78 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 11:00pm

Our culture and lifestyle is better and Im sure that Middle Eastern Muslims think South East Asian Muslims are a joke but will claim them to enlarge their numbers. I live in a Turkish part of town, it aint that flash, do they know what rubbish bins are for and do they really have to blow smoke in everyones face that walks by, and the teenagers, what a great bunch, if you want us to believe we are doing it wrong, you will have to try a lot harder that writting down a few lines from the Koran.

God takes care of old folks and fools, while the Devil makes up all the rules.

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #79 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 11:13pm

pope urban 2 wrote on Jun 27th, 2008 at 11:00pm:
Our culture and lifestyle is better and Im sure that Middle Eastern Muslims think South East Asian Muslims are a joke but will claim them to enlarge their numbers. I live in a Turkish part of town, it aint that flash, do they know what rubbish bins are for and do they really have to blow smoke in everyones face that walks by, and the teenagers, what a great bunch, if you want us to believe we are doing it wrong, you will have to try a lot harder that writting down a few lines from the Koran.

You're lacking logic to your argument. OF COURSE there are bad Muslims. I regularly make prison visits as a part of a chaplaincy team and I see Muslims who have committed crimes so horrible that I cringe.

The problem with your logic is that you equate Muslims as being a proper representation of Islam. That simply isn't the case. Because if I applied the same standard to Christians, Jews and Atheists it would be clear that each group has similar numbers of criminals, punks and trouble makers.

There are societal issues there that need to be addressed, the problem JFK is that you speak based on your emotions and don't use logic in your posts.

BTW, it wasn't Muslims who murdered 6 million Jews, it was European Christians and Atheists.. Would I be right in treating all European Christians and Atheists as if they are responsible or it?

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #80 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 11:15pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 27th, 2008 at 9:30am:
malik - no, it was a genuine typing error.
That paragraph does not make sense how it is worded.
Only by rewording it does it make sense

The majority of muslims are quite ok.  
1.3 billion terrorists would overrun infidels within a day.

There are 1.6 Billion Muslims in the world, the largest religion out there.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #81 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 11:25pm

malik,
assuming your biased rubbery figures from 3rd world countries with enforced beliefs is true, my apologies.

1.6 (not 1.3) billion screeching poverty stricken narrow minded jealous extremist islamic muslim nutcases would overrun us infidels within a day.

Any ideas on what we should do ? 

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #82 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 11:52pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 27th, 2008 at 11:25pm:
malik,
assuming your biased rubbery figures from 3rd world countries with enforced beliefs is true, my apologies.

1.6 (not 1.3) billion screeching poverty stricken narrow minded jealous extremist islamic muslim nutcases would overrun us infidels within a day.

Any ideas on what we should do ?  

My figures aren't rubbery, the Catholic Church admitted this recently.

I don't think you need to worry about us overrunning you and blowing ourselves up. However Islam is growing very fast. Not just from Muslims having children, but also from people becoming Muslims too.

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #83 - Jun 28th, 2008 at 12:02am

"
I find it very hypocritical that you accuse Muslims of not accepting a secular and democratic government but then have no problem with saying that for most Westerners an Islamic State is an abhorrent belief. It is obvious that you have a holier than thou attitude and believe that you're culture and values are superior to Islam."Malik

Yes, that is the whole point of what I was saying Malik, I like my culture heaps better than Islam, I think it is an idiotic, anachronistic, misogynistic, racist, religion, and I don't give a rat's rectum if you want to follow it, but I don't, that is what I said.

Western culture is far better.

Excuse me if I don't respect the idiocy of only allowing females over eight allowed out in a stealth tent, with sexy eye slit!

"She showed some of her hair, let us stone her."

Now the only reason I would ever say anything like that is if the hair was like the Us president's name, and chemicals were involved in the process. Grin

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #84 - Jun 28th, 2008 at 12:19am

mozzaok wrote on Jun 28th, 2008 at 12:02am:
Yes, that is the whole point of what I was saying Malik, I like my culture heaps better than Islam, I think it is an idiotic, anachronistic, misogynistic, racist, religion, and I don't give a rat's rectum if you want to follow it, but I don't, that is what I said.

So then just admit that and make sure you only mention that. Instead of trying to make it look like you don't like Muslims because they want to make you Muslim say the truth, the fact is you don't like Muslims because they aren't like you.

Excuse me if I don't respect the idiocy of only allowing females over eight allowed out in a stealth tent, with sexy eye slit!

I agree with you, but the Niqaab or Burkha aren't an Islamic obligation on women. The prophet pbuh said that believing woman should cover everything except their face and hands.. Not everything except a slit for their eyes. That is a tribal type of tradition that has been promoted to suppress women. The prime users of this are people like the Salafi's and Wahabi's.. Their quite ignorant to what Islam actually promotes.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #85 - Jun 28th, 2008 at 12:58am

malik - you are willing to take the catholics figures on rubbery muslim numbers ?
Happy to accept their views on Jesus and Mary too ?? Or prefer to pick and choose ?

Islam is not growing at all.  As soon as people can escape it without being murdered, they do.
Muslims have on average 8 kids per multiple mum.
Due to apostaphy generally they cannot leave.
Western people have a declining population, more accurate figures and freedom of choice.

muslims are bad for the environment, breeding like maggots.
Name the muslim counties people want to escape TO !!!

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #86 - Jun 28th, 2008 at 1:31am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 28th, 2008 at 12:58am:
malik - you are willing to take the catholics figures on rubbery muslim numbers ?
Happy to accept their views on Jesus and Mary too ?? Or prefer to pick and choose ?

What a stupid question sprint.
Quote:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/03/30/world/printable3980681.shtml
Vatican: Islam Has "Overtaken" Catholicism
VATICAN CITY, March 30, 2008
(AP) "For the first time in history, we are no longer at the top: Muslims have overtaken us," Monsignor Vittorio Formenti said in an interview with the Vatican newspaper L'Osservatore Romano. Formenti compiles the Vatican's yearbook.

He said that Catholics accounted for 17.4 percent of the world population - a stable percentage - while Muslims were at 19.2 percent.

"It is true that while Muslim families, as is well known, continue to make a lot of children, Christian ones on the contrary tend to have fewer and fewer," the monsignor said.

Formenti said that the data refer to 2006. The figures on Muslims were put together by Muslim countries and then provided to the United Nations, he said, adding that the Vatican could only vouch for its own data.

When considering all Christians and not just Catholics, Christians make up 33 percent of the world population, Formenti said.

Spokesmen for the Vatican and the United Nations did not immediately return phone calls seeking comment Sunday.

Islam is not growing at all.  As soon as people can escape it without being murdered, they do.
Muslims have on average 8 kids per multiple mum.
Due to apostaphy generally they cannot leave.
Western people have a declining population, more accurate figures and freedom of choice.

muslims are bad for the environment, breeding like maggots.

Islam is growing incredibly fast, and is second in growth to only buddhism in Australia according to the last census.

Your assertion that Muslims generally have 8 kids per woman is a bit far fetched, care to back that up with a source?

Breeding like maggots? Thanks for showing your true feelings on Islam and Muslims Sprint.  

The fact still remains that even though the Christian West is in the Muslim lands, and brutally murdering it's inhabitants (more than 1 million in Iraq). We're still growing larger than you. 1.6 billion Muslims and increasing incredibly fast.

That must be a scary thought for you sprint.

BTW, you want to know where people want to escape to. It was the Jews who led Christian Europe to Islamic Spain and other places to live under the protection of Muslims from the persecution by the Christian hordes.

And of course Muslims are fleeing to the West now, what do you expect when the West bombs their countries, install dictators and support them while they brutally repress the inhabitants?

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #87 - Jun 28th, 2008 at 8:35am

Malik Shakur wrote on Jun 27th, 2008 at 10:50pm:
So regarding that, you have no right to blame Muslims for anti semitism. We ARE Semites.

Sorry to piss on your parade, but you're not - at least not all. Arabs are Semites.

Indonesian and Malaysian Muslims are not Semites, Turkish Muslims are not Semites, Uighur Muslims are not Semites, neither are most Sub-Saharan Muslims or Iranians, and the list goes on. 

- But apart from nitpicking, I don't accuse you of antisemitism any more than others.  Wink

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #88 - Jun 28th, 2008 at 8:40am

Malik Shakur wrote on Jun 28th, 2008 at 12:19am:

So then just admit that and make sure you only mention that. Instead of trying to make it look like you don't like Muslims because they want to make you Muslim say the truth, the fact is you don't like Muslims because they aren't like you.

I agree with you, but the Niqaab or Burkha aren't an Islamic obligation on women. The prophet pbuh said that believing woman should cover everything except their face and hands.. Not everything except a slit for their eyes. That is a tribal type of tradition that has been promoted to suppress women. The prime users of this are people like the Salafi's and Wahabi's.. Their quite ignorant to what Islam actually promotes.

You are getting warmer Malik, but you are not quite there yet.
This is understandable, because it is not a clear cut case of, "I don't like Muslims", it is more that I do not like many of the teachings of, and cultural norms, that muslims practice.
How offensive each particular behaviour, that I find objectionable, will vary in degree, dependent on the individuals involved.

If those behaviours were matters of concern for the human rights abuses inflicted on people in Islamic states alone, I would still feel the same, but when I see those same behaviours, demanding acceptance and respect, on religious/cultural grounds, in our own, non-muslim country, then I have the right to state that I consider them to be a negative influence in our society.

It is a cultural difference, and people accept what they have grown up with, but your justification for polygamy, and oppression of women, indicates the breadth of the divide, between our cultural norms.

To even contend that guys are being magnanimous in taking in "unloved" spare women, is so patently ludicrous to any from a western culture, but seems reasonable to you, only serves to highlight the cultural gap.
I don't want to bridge that gap, I am happy if you wish to ditch those ridiculous views and come over to the light, but I do not wish to see my culture have that light of freedom and enlightenmet, diminished by the creeping erosion of our values, by acquiescing to demands to validate and allow that which we believe to be wrong.

IP Logged

King Billy

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - Jun 28th, 2008 at 8:45am

Dubai ?

"The population of the emirate has grown at an average annual rate of 6.4 per cent while the number of cars on the road by 10 per cent each year, as opposed to an international average of 2 to 3 per cent.

Lootah said: 'Projects in Dubai are so fast-moving that the infrastructure, including the roads, public transport, and utilities cannot keep up."

http://www.ameinfo.com/73464.html

"Dubai is unusual in that the majority of its population of 1.37 million is comprised of expatriates. The vast majority are low income workers from the Indian subcontinent and the Philippines, although there are a significant number of professionals from Europe and Australasia."

http://www.dubai-online.com/essential/population.htm

Not only muslims, but hindi's buddists, christians.  People go to where the money is.

Bill

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17
Send Topic Print