Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
"Turkey islamic state planned via bombings... (Read 6838 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

"Turkey islamic state planned via bombings...
Jul 4th, 2008 at 10:19pm

...and assainations."

It would not all fit in the title.
For you , from the "religion of peace"

Give me FUKAL anyday, allday.

"Turkey rounds up secularists over coup claimFont Size: Decrease Increase Print Page: Print July 03, 2008
ANKARA: Turkish authorities have detained at least 21 hardline nationalists, including two prominent retired generals, in a widening police investigation into a suspected coup plot.

Police swooped yesterday, shortly before the Constitutional Court began hearing a case in which the governing AK party is charged with trying to establish an Islamic state - a charge that could get the party banned and trigger an early election.

Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the detentions were linked to the investigation into Ergenekon, a shadowy hardline secularist group suspected of planning bombings and assassinations calculated to trigger an army takeover.

"It is not the AK party they cannot tolerate - what they can't tolerate is democracy, the national will, the people's feelings and thoughts," Mr Erdogan said.

Ankara police said 24 people had been detained, but the prosecutor's office later told the Anatolian state news agency 21 were in detention and three more were being sought.

Among those detained were prominent retired generals Hursit Tolon and Sener Eruygur, the former chief of paramilitary police and head of a powerful secularist association. The Milliyet daily said a retired brigadier general and a retired vice-admiral had also been detained.

"These are prominent people and their common point is their loyalty to secularism. The Government wants to turn society into an empire of fear," said Mustafa Ozyurek, a politician in the main opposition party CHP.

Ankara Chamber of Commerce chairman Sinan Aygun and the Ankara representative of the Cumhuriyet newspaper were also detained.

Turkey is mainly Muslim but has a secular constitution, and the military considers itself the guardian of the republic founded by Mustafa Kemal Ataturk.

The military remains at odds with the AK Government over the role of religion in public life, an issue that has polarised the nation for decades.

Turkey has had four military coups in the past 50 years, only two involving force. The most recent was the 1997 "soft coup", when the generals edged an Islamist government from power using a combination of public and behind-the-scenes pressure.

Analysts say Ergenekon is part of the shadowy "deep state" - hardline nationalists in Turkey's security forces and state bureaucracy who are ready to take the law into their own hands for the sake of the secularist agenda.

More than 40 people, including a retired general, lawyers and politicians have been arrested over the past year for suspected links to Ergenekon. The military, which has repeatedly criticised the Government, has denied any links to the group.

Half of those detained were members of the powerful Kemalist Thought Association (ADD), a group promoting the principles of modern Turkey's founder. ADD helped call millions of Turks on to the streets to protest against the election of former foreign minister Abdullah Gul as president last year, sparking an early election.

Shortly after the detentions, Turkey's chief prosecutor outlined the case in the Constitutional Court to close the AK party, re-elected last year.

The prosecutor wants to ban 71political figures, including Mr Erdogan, from party politics for five years for seeking to turn Turkey into an Islamic state. "

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23959304-15084,00.html

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: "Turkey islamic state planned via bombings...
Reply #1 - Jul 4th, 2008 at 10:24pm

Looks like its islam through the backdoor or the front door, legally or illegally, here or overseas,  to me

Charity used 'terror' group to distribute aid in Gaza  Richard Kerbaj | July 02, 2008

"A SYDNEY charity has admitted channelling aid into the Palestinian territories through an Islamic organisation banned by Australia and the US for its alleged links to terrorism.

Muslim Aid Australia has used Interpal - an organisation proscribed by former foreign affairs minister Alexander Downer and declared a "specially designated global terrorist" organisation by US President George W. Bush in 2003 - to distribute medical aid in Gaza.

Interpal is a British-based humanitarian group also known as the Palestinian Relief and Development Fund. It has been cleared of terror links by the British Charity Commission but failed three years ago to have itsproscribed listing revoked in Australia, when lawyers for the group unsuccessfully petitioned Mr Downer.

When informed of MAA's relationship with Interpal, the Department of Foreign Affairs indicated it might refer the case for investigation. The Australian Federal Police last night refused to confirm or deny whether inquiries were already under way. "

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23955630-15084,00.html

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2 - Jul 4th, 2008 at 10:46pm

I'm sorry, I don't know how the two are related. Maybe you should make a different thread for the second one so we could discuss them separately?

It's not surprising that the secularists in Turkey would resort to that type of behaviour, some are staunchly undemocratic when it comes to running the state and don't even believe in any religious freedoms.. Sprint you would love them

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Jul 4th, 2008 at 11:05pm

The obscure relationship ??

hhmm, lets see.......... One is about islam in turkey and bombs and assainations, the other is about islam organisation with terrorist links .

hey, I see it now !!!!!! Islam and islam.

According to these two groups, islam is not too concerned with democracy or legality.
I'm all for freedom of speech.  Which is far broader than any piddling religion.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #4 - Jul 4th, 2008 at 11:19pm

Malik,

Forget this guy, he is a loser who doesn't even read the articles he posts.

It's quite clear the article is about SECULARISTS planning bombings and assasinations to destabilise the country because they don't like that the mildly Islamic party the AK has not only won elections and control of the country, but it's the 3rd time they've done in, as 3 different parties, since each time they gain power the SECULARISTS overthrow them in a coup and then they have to form a whole new party, and yet always keep winning the elections.

He doesn't even realise that the people of Turkey elected the Islamically leaning party, and that it's the SECULARISTS who are the bad guys trying to take back over by force.

Don't waste your time and intellect with such half witted fools.

Quote:
the detentions were linked to the investigation into Ergenekon, a shadowy hardline secularist group suspected of planning bombings and assassinations calculated to trigger an army takeover.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #5 - Jul 4th, 2008 at 11:20pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jul 4th, 2008 at 11:05pm:
The obscure relationship ??

hhmm, lets see.......... One is about islam in turkey and bombs and assainations, the other is about islam organisation with terrorist links .

hey, I see it now !!!!!! Islam and islam.

According to these two groups, islam is not too concerned with democracy or legality.
I'm all for freedom of speech.  Which is far broader than any piddling religion.

Sprint, you really need to learn to read..

The people who were going to do the bombings and assasinations in Turkey are secularists and DON'T want an Islamic State in Turkey, they are AGAINST democracy because democracy voted in a government that while doesn't call for an Islamic State, calls for more religious freedoms and are a Muslim government.

It's your friends, the secularists who are wanting to bomb, murder and assasinate there. Not those who want an Islamic State

The second article is related to people donating money to a fund that was accused of sponsoring terrorism, but after being investigated by the British, were found not to be involved in it at all and taken off of the list. With Australia keeping them on the list but not being able to substantiate it.

It was the shoot first ask questions later policy of the previous government.

I might also add that the US wanted the Palestinians to have democratic elections and when Hamas was elected DEMOCRATICALLY by the Palestinian people and that it was the US and other countries who then put the Palestinians under severe sanctions for their democratic choice.

Which essentially means the US said: "You can vote in whoever you want, as long as we agree with them"
« Last Edit: Jul 4th, 2008 at 11:29pm by Malik Shakur »  
IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #6 - Jul 4th, 2008 at 11:26pm

abu_rashid wrote on Jul 4th, 2008 at 11:19pm:
Malik,

Forget this guy, he is a loser who doesn't even read the articles he posts.

It's quite clear the article is about SECULARISTS planning bombings and assasinations to destabilise the country because they don't like that the mildly Islamic party the AK has not only won elections and control of the country, but it's the 3rd time they've done in, as 3 different parties, since each time they gain power the SECULARISTS overthrow them in a coup and then they have to form a whole new party, and yet always keep winning the elections.

He doesn't even realise that the people of Turkey elected the Islamically leaning party, and that it's the SECULARISTS who are the bad guys trying to take back over by force.

Don't waste your time and intellect with such half witted fools.

Quote:
the detentions were linked to the investigation into Ergenekon, a shadowy hardline secularist group suspected of planning bombings and assassinations calculated to trigger an army takeover.

Yes bro, I think we need to change the name Sprint to Slow as he is a bit slow to catch on..

His absolute hate for Islam and Muslims who try and live by its tenets its obvious..

But Sprint forgets that if I was to judge Christianity by the same standards he tries to judge Islam on, God would be considered a barbaric baby murderer who encourages little children to be cut into pieces and pregnant women to have their wombs ripped out and babies killed. And according to his own standards of judgement, his own religion states that God was a party to pedophilia and encouraged it.. According to Sprint's standards the bible is a violent book that encourages murder and it should be banned.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #7 - Jul 4th, 2008 at 11:35pm

'Before I was nine I had learned the basic canon of Arab life. It was me against my brother; me and my brother against our father; my family against my cousins and the clan; the clan against the tribe; and the tribe against the world and all of us against the infidel. – Leon Uris, 'The Haj'

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #8 - Jul 4th, 2008 at 11:40pm

Actually it's quite amusing that he was attempting to slander Islam and ended up posting something in support of Islam.

I dunno what that last quote was that he posted though... Perhaps he's trying to hide his embaressment for having posted something that damages his cause. Smiley

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Jul 4th, 2008 at 11:46pm

abu - there were public demonstrations of over 1 million people AGAINST islam in turkey.
thing is, muslims essentially HAVE to vote for it, and muslims outbreed us infidels.
islam has a bad smell about it, it is associated with oppression, assasainations, bombings, beheadings, hands being cut off.

then any and every muslim I meet are all the same.
They are all "peace, peace, peace" till I query them.
Then, it is all different.

So, till i learn different, I continue to question.

malik the slow - I AM NOT A JEW
you are backward for continuing that line.

the old testament is for jews.
I am not a jew
I am not a jew
I am not a jew
I am not a jew
I am not a jew
I am not a jew
I am not a jew
I am not a jew

comprehende ??

surely there are no posts as thick

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #10 - Jul 4th, 2008 at 11:58pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jul 4th, 2008 at 11:46pm:
abu - there were public demonstrations of over 1 million people AGAINST islam in turkey.
thing is, muslims essentially HAVE to vote for it, and muslims outbreed us infidels.
islam has a bad smell about it, it is associated with oppression, assasainations, bombings, beheadings, hands being cut off.

then any and every muslim I meet are all the same.
They are all "peace, peace, peace" till I query them.
Then, it is all different.

So, till i learn different, I continue to question.

malik the slow - I AM NOT A JEW
you are backward for continuing that line.

I am not a jew
I am not a jew
I am not a jew
I am not a jew
I am not a jew
I am not a jew
I am not a jew
I am not a jew

comprehende ??

surely there are no posts as thick

Sprint, you really are the slow one, all of the prophets of the old testament are considered prophets to christians, sent by God.. that's why the old testament is in the bible with the new testament, it wouldn't be in there otherwise..

Thus according to your own standard of judging, your bible and religion states God was a party to pedophilia and encouraged that little children should be cut in pieces and pregnant women should have their wombs ripped out and unborn babies murdered because they apostated from God's ways.. If I was to apply your logic I'd have to say that you really are a blood thirsty lot aren't you mate?

Next, a million people protested.. big deal.. Turkey has 70million people with the majority of them being Muslim, in fact about 99% are Muslim..

Let's look at the results, the AK party which won the election won 46% of the vote. It's nearest rival who were secularists recieved less than half of the vote that the AK party recieved at 20%. It really shows what democracy can do if you let people vote.

They voted in an Islamic leaning government and you have a problem with that, thus you have a problem with democracy, you'd like to impose your beliefs on others.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #11 - Jul 5th, 2008 at 12:55am

malik - turkey is trying to ESCAPE from an islamic deathgrip.
It is the young who march.

"Turkey is engaged in a bold and profound attempt to rewrite the basis for Islamic sharia law while also officially reinterpreting the Qur'an for the modern age.

The exercise in reforming Islamic jurisprudence, sponsored by the modernising and mildly Islamic government of Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the prime minister, is being seen as an iconoclastic campaign to establish a 21st century form of Islam, fusing Muslim beliefs and tradition with European and western philosophical methods and principles.

The result, say experts following the ambitious experiment, could be to diminish Muslim discrimination against women, banish some of the brutal penalties associated with Islamic law, such as stoning and amputation, and redefine Islam as a modern, dynamic force in the large country that pivots between east and west, leaning into the Middle East while aspiring to join the European Union.

A team of reformist Islamic scholars at Ankara University, acting under the auspices of the Diyanet or Directorate of Religious Affairs, the government body which oversees the country's 8,000 mosques and appoints imams, is said to be close to concluding a "reinterpretation" of parts of the Hadith, the collection of thousands of aphorisms and comments said to derive from the prophet Muhammad and which form the basis of Islamic jurisprudence or sharia law. "One of the team doing the revision said they are nearly finished," said Mustafa Akyol, an Istanbul commentator who reflects the thinking of the liberal camp in Erdogan's governing AK party. "They have problems with the misogynistic hadith, the ones against women. They may delete some from the collection, declaring them not authentic. That would be a very bold step. Or they may just add footnotes, saying they should be understood from a different historical context."

Fadi Hakura, a Turkey expert at Chatham House, described the project as an attempt to make Turkish Sunni Islam "fully compatible with contemporary social and moral values.

"They see this not as a revolution, but as a return to the original Islam, away from the excessive conservatism that has stymied all reforms for the last few centuries. It's somewhat akin to the Christian reformation, although not the same."

Under the guidance of Ali Bardokoglu, the liberal Islamic scholar who heads the religious directorate and was appointed by Erdogan, the Ankara theologians are writing a new five-volume "exegesis" of the Qur'an, taking the sacred text apart forensically, rooting it in its time and place, and redefining its message to and relevance for Muslims today. They are also ditching some of the Hadith, sayings ascribed to and comments on the prophet collected a couple of hundred years after his death.

A Roman Catholic Jesuit expert on Turkey and Islam, Felix Koerner, is working with the Ankara professors, reportedly schooling them in the history of western religious and philosophical change and how to apply the lessons of historical Christian reform movements to modern Islam. "This is really a synthesis of modern European critical thought and Muslim Ottoman Koranic tradition," said Koerner. "There is also a political agenda. With this government there is more confidence in these modern theologians."

Erdogan insists his AK party, in a country that is constitutionally secularist, is a Turkish Muslim equivalent of a European Christian democratic party - traditionalist, conservative, based on religious values, but democratic, tolerant, and liberal. With Spain and the Zapatero government, he is pushing an "Alliance of Civilisations" aimed at a rapprochement between the Muslim and western worlds. After years of fighting the militantly secularist Turkish establishment, he has just succeeded in lifting the ban on Islamic headscarves for girls in higher education. His many opponents decry it as part of Turkey's slide away from secularism down the slippery slope of Islamism.

Sources say the Islamic reform project is so ambitious and so fundamental it will take years to complete, but that it is already paying dividends - abolition of the death penalty, a campaign against honour killings, and the training and appointment of several hundred women as imams."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/feb/27/turkey.islam

the OT is a background, it is the past.
Sort of like the backward repressive islam ideals.
Got your stones all ready for the adulterers this weekend ?

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #12 - Jul 5th, 2008 at 1:25am

Sprint, allow me to show you your stupidity.

Quote:

http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/detaylar.do?load=detay&link=145706
‘Reform of religion’ claims outright lies, Bardakoğlu says 
Head of the Turkish Religious Affairs Directorate Ali Bardakoğlu has stated that recent claims over Turkey making reforms to Islam are totally unsubstantiated and are tarnishing Turkey’s image in the Islamic world.

“Even though we have consistently emphasized that our work on hadiths [oral traditions relating to the words and deeds of the Prophet Mohammed] is definitely not a reform of the religion every time we speak to journalists, some people are still trying to put words in our mouths,” Bardakoğlu told Today’s Zaman.
He complained that he had been unable to rectify the situation of deliberately false news stories being frequently published in certain newspapers. He noted that these purposefully biased reports are embarrassing Turkey in the Islamic world as well as in the West.  “People are not conveying the reality; they are imposing their own views on this project. Their attempts to portray this serious work as a reform both in the East and the West, as if saying, ‘If I were you, I would make reforms to the religion,’ and their claims are completely imagined and far from the truth. These claims are only serving to expose their obsessions and fallacies,” he stated.

In response to our question on what the real purpose of the project is, he said: “It is to form a collection of hadiths by classifying the authentic sayings of our Prophet into subjects to benefit more from them in our daily lives and to make them our guide. It is to understand and to help people to understand how we should integrate the sayings of our beloved master into the 21st century and what these sayings should bring into our daily lives and relations. It’s nobody’s place to discuss any saying of our Prophet, and it would be a very unbecoming behavior for a Muslim.”

Bardakoğlu particularly emphasized that some Westerners are trying hard to show this project as “a reform to religion” to suggest to the Islamic world that Turkey is distancing itself from it.

“We have continually noted that there can be no reform in Islam because there is no need for that. Islam’s inherent knowledge and scripture are very clear. We have the holy Quran, even a single letter of which has not been changed, and this holy book clearly shows us what Islam is. Also, the sayings and actions of our Prophet are obvious and clear. What we have is not an Islam that changes from on person to another or from one interpretation to another. And this being the truth, people cannot possibly change a single part of the Quran or Sunnah, which are the two inseparable essences of the religion. Those who think they have managed to make ‘positive’ reforms to the religion may receive some appreciation from ignorant people. But the things they say and write are like words written on water; they will disappear in no time, and the authentic, undistorted religion will continue to exist the way it has existed for the last 14 centuries. He who sent this religion is Allah, and it is He who will protect it. People will never be able to make reforms to the religion,” he noted, adding that we should “refresh” and “revive” our piety and religiosity continually in the light of the Quran and Sunnah in order to form an understanding of religiosity that befits a modern Muslim. “And this is not reform,” he added.

News 
MÜKREMİN ALBAYRAK

The Turks simply want to get a better understanding of the scripture, not reform Islam at all. The language differences and lack of people looking at context in hadiths has caused problems so the mission is to make the hadiths easier to understand with better explanations etc.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - Jul 5th, 2008 at 1:36am

malik - allow me to show you your narrow mindedness

"......Head of the Turkish Religious Affairs ....."

you think he would say garbage to support his own oppressive idealism and comfortable job ??

typical of muslims to call infidels ignorant, while remaining in your ivory towers in a repressed society and a retarded society.
If you all stayed there, I would not care, but you want to come to the free progressive world and ensnare us.

Can't you go back a few centuries and stay there?
Then you could legally marry and shag 9 year olds.

have a good weekend

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #14 - Jul 5th, 2008 at 2:14am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jul 5th, 2008 at 1:36am:
malik - allow me to show you your narrow mindedness

"......Head of the Turkish Religious Affairs ....."

you think he would say garbage to support his own oppressive idealism and comfortable job ??

typical of muslims to call infidels ignorant, while remaining in your ivory towers in a repressed society and a retarded society.
If you all stayed there, I would not care, but you want to come to the free progressive world and ensnare us.

Can't you go back a few centuries and stay there?
Then you could legally marry and shag 9 year olds.

have a good weekend

Hmmmm..

He is the highest ranking religious authority in turkey and you've insulted him when he's done nothing wrong.. you thought he wanted to change islam but he didn't, he only wanted to help people understand it better so that there is no terrorism and other problems and so muslims don't become misguided.. and you have a problem with that?

wow.. that is narrow minded.. you have just shown that no muslim will ever please you and that you won't be happy until all muslims change to be like you.. God says it clearly regarding people like you..

Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion. Say: "The Guidance of Allah,-that is the (only) Guidance." Wert thou to follow their desires after the knowledge which hath reached thee, then wouldst thou find neither Protector nor helper against Allah.

That verse in the Qur'an reflects your behaviour to the letter.

you just cant handle people who are not like you sprint.. you want to change everyone and convert them because you're bible thumping and ignorant troll.. the many hundreds of millions who were murdered or forcibly converted to christianity are a testament to your type of christianity's destructiveness on this earth.

and you want to do the same to muslims.. the problem is sprint you wont succeed.. we faced hordes of savages like you when the franks invaded our lands and we defeated them and when we faced the mongols we defeated them too..

You know I respect those who actually acknowledge their intention to destroy islam and openly fight us on the battlefield because at least they are honest..

trolls like you however sprint, who hide behind your monitors, in their 40s, claim to have been invited to mensa and spit venemous lies and garbage trying to misrepresent islam and make it seem like you are open to dialogue but in actual fact your only intentions are to cause trouble and create conflict between people who have a genuine interest in getting to know about each others ideas and opinions to better understand each other, people like you make me sick.. you have no honour, no nobility nor courage to even stand up like a man and fight properly, instead you hide behind your screen name on the internet trolling around to see what seeds of hate you can sew to cause mischief...

Islam is still here by God's Grace and God Willing you're not going to get rid of us, we are the largest religion on this earth with our numbers growing by numbers that christianity has never seen before, not even when they forcibly converted people, we're growing faster than you can kill us and you can't stop it either, every year more and more people convert from christianity to Islam and I'm sure it eats you up inside knowing that your losing in numbers.. the fact remains sprint that Muslims don't have to force people to come to Islam as christians have to do, we don't have to harass them on the streets and tell them they are going to hell unless they become Muslims like christians have to, we don't have to knock on their doors and inconvenience them like christians have to.. our numbers grow from people seeing islam is the truth and converting to islam from other religions like christianity, and i bet it burns you up to know that our numbers are growing steadily while yours are decreasing.. we've over taken catholocism's 1.2billion people in the world and we're sitting at 1.6billion and growing more and more.. and there's nothing trolls in their fourties like you can do about it except bitch and whinge and try and cause trouble on forums like this..

« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2008 at 2:53am by Malik Shakur »  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print