Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print
How to keep muslim terrorists from Aussie ?? (Read 39109 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: How to keep muslim terrorists from Aussie ??
Reply #150 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 10:36am

But you have not demonstrated that it does.

You said it does. If a new Caliphate arose and Australia was at war with it, where would your loyalties lie?

All I said was, that if a Caliphate were established, then Muslims should migrate to it

Is that all? What about taking up arms on it's behalf? Isn't military service compulsory?

and this is no different to the Jews making Aliyah to Israel

As far as I know they aren't committing treason.

They were your words, not mine...

Those words do not imply that I have anything to feel guilty about. You seem very keen to latch onto any ambiguity that can be interpretted as negatively as possible. A bit of common sense wouldn't go astray here. I hope I don't have to explain it for you.

This has seen a regression to a widely accepted fundamentalist movement, which cites the least evolved, and least acceptable traits of Islam,

Mozz do you have any evidence that a more progressive interpretation of Islam dominated prior to the destruction of the Ottoman empire? From what I can gather, it was interference from the west that for example ridded most of the middle east of slavery. Furthermore many historians attribute religious conservatism as one of the ultimate causes of it's decline.

Did you copy and paste that from somewhere?

My point is that if the Islamic culture had not been interrupted by colonial conquest, then Islam would have evolved into a more modern, secular society

What makes you think that? You say that Islam changed, but in fact, Islam was the change. Once that change occurred, there was very little further change.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #151 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:28am

Of course I did not copy and paste, I usually only present my own opinions, take them or leave them, if it is copied, I will reference where from.

You are missing the point a little.

The golden age of Islam saw a voracious thirst for knowledge, and the arts, they accumulated texts from all the world and translated them into arabic. What I contend is that if not for the collapse of the Islamic empires before the rapid modernisation we have witnessed over the last 200 years, then Islam would have evolved and changed with it.
Of course, we shall never know for certain, but it is highly probable.

My concern is that the fact that Islam missed out on this period of enlightenment sees muslims ignoring the standards we now accept, and hark back to their glory days as if they can merely transpose the culture from that time into the modern world, they can't.

I read something about this some years ago, so I cannot point you to a particular source, but if you google you will probably find some progressive muslim scholars who would agree with this theory.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #152 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 12:09pm

mozza,

Quote:
The Mughal, the Isfahan, and the Ottoman, empires all encouraged learning and the arts, they adapted with the times

The Mughal and Ottoman empires both implemented Shari'ah law, both fought against "infidels", and both believed in the concept of Caliphate and that Islam must govern all aspects of Muslim's lives. I don't know how you can attempt to claim that's any different than what I've spoken about.

All Islamic Caliphates from the time of the Prophet (pbuh) until the end of the Ottoman period encouraged learning and arts and "adapted with the times".

Actually it's strange that you mention learning and the arts and progress when identifying these empires, as they're considered to be the times when learning, arts and progress had pretty much stagnated in the Islamic world. Perhaps you need to revise your history books?

Quote:
and saw in the rise of the Islamic golden age.

Actually the "Golden age" of Islam is not considered to have occured under any of the empires you mentioned. It is considered to have occured in the Middle East under the Abbasids and in Andalus under the Umayyads, both of which were strict implementers of the Shari'ah and who were much closer to the exact teachings of Muhammad (pbuh) than the later empires you mentioned.

The Ottomans and Mughals were considered to exist in the time of decline and stagnance, not the rise of the golden age.

Quote:
Do you find it strange that I do not consider all aspects of Islam as evil?

Considering you didn't even get it right, it's not much to boast about Smiley

Quote:
People are judged in the context of the times they lived in, and while many of the practices from these times we would today find unacceptable, in their day they were culturally accepted.

They didn't implement Shari'ah because it was culturally accepted, they implemented it because it was commanded by God. The funny thing is, they'd make the Talibaan look like moderates Smiley

Quote:
My point is that if the Islamic culture had not been interrupted by colonial conquest, then Islam would have evolved into a more modern, secular society, like the rest of the world's great nations did, and we would not be witnessing this cultural clash from ignorant people who believe they can transpose medieval thinking,

This is nothing but conjecture. The same conditions simply didn't exist in the Islamic world that drove Europeans to rise up against their religion. That's why the Colonial powers instigated a "renaissance" of their own in the Muslim lands, because they got sick of waiting for it to happen, and for them to be able to spread their secularist ideas to the Islamic lands.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #153 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 8:10pm

It looks like you better start work on a time machine abu, or find a patch of dirt willing to be populated by brain dead shadows.

IP Logged

tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #154 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 2:29am

abu_rashid wrote on Jul 31st, 2008 at 11:24pm:
Quote:
Actually Israel is the historical home of Jewish people but there never was a Palestinian state.

The holy land has been the home to the Canaanites, Phoenicians, Phillistines, Hebrews (note that Arabs as well as Jews are descendants of the Hebrews), Egyptians, Romans, Greeks, Muslims and many other nations/peoples.

A few facts to consider though:

1) in 1901 when the Jews bagn calling for a homeland inside the holy land, they were less than 2% of it's population, and had been so for almost 1800 years. whilst the Muslims had their state there for 1200 odd years. The argument of whether it was a Palestinian state or not is just nonsense, likewise there was no Lebanese state, no Armenian state, no Kurdish state, no Iraqi state, no Pakistani state, no Polish state, no Italian state, no American state, no Icelandic state in most of the world's history either, these nation-states are largely a development of the 19th and 20th century. Perhaps you need to skim through a few history books?

2) The holy land was part of the Islamic state (Caliphate) from the 7th century until the 20th century with only a 99 year lapse, in the time when the Crusaders occupied parts of it in the middle. That is longer than both Jewish Kingdoms end to end.

3) Many of the Palestinians today have ancestry there that even predates the Islamic arrival, and their ancestors converted to Islam in the centuries following the arrival of Islam. Meaning their link with the land goes back even beyond the 1300 odd years since the arrival of Islam.

Lots of words for sure but there is nothing about existence of a Palestinian state or denial of existence of ancient Israel.

Reality is a figment of imagination

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #155 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 9:49am

Quote:
Lots of words for sure but there is nothing about existence of a Palestinian state or denial of existence of ancient Israel.

Why would I deny the existence of ancient Israel, when it's quite clearly mentioned hundreds of times in the Qur'an and Hadith? It's in fact a core part of my belief to believe in ancient Israel.

Likewise, nowhere have I claimed there was ever a state called "Palestine" or that there should be one today. The idea of a Palestinian state comes from the French-British conference called the "Sykes-Picot Agreement". Under Islam, the land was part of a country called ash-Shem, not Palestine, but regardless of the name, doesn't detract from the fact it is our land and has been so for over 1300 years.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

pope urban 2

Australian Politics

melbourne
Reply #156 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 12:01pm

Well if you had an understanding of the 20th century you wouldn't look like such an idiot implementing sarcasm.

You know some people actually interact with our Islamic friends, if you did, you may not have a different view to what you have.

God takes care of old folks and fools, while the Devil makes up all the rules.

IP Logged

tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #157 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 5:11pm

abu_rashid wrote on Aug 2nd, 2008 at 9:49am:

Why would I deny the existence of ancient Israel, when it's quite clearly mentioned hundreds of times in the Qur'an and Hadith? It's in fact a core part of my belief to believe in ancient Israel.

Likewise, nowhere have I claimed there was ever a state called "Palestine" or that there should be one today. The idea of a Palestinian state comes from the French-British conference called the "Sykes-Picot Agreement". Under Islam, the land was part of a country called ash-Shem, not Palestine, but regardless of the name, doesn't detract from the fact it is our land and has been so for over 1300 years.

So it is precisely as I pointed it out about Palestinian and Jewish states. I’m glad that we agree on that.

BTW, who do you mean when you say "it is our land and has been so for over 1300 years"? Even if you are a Palestinian you have admitted above that there never was a Palestinian State.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #158 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 6:14pm

I am a Muslim, and the Islamic Caliphate has ruled over the land of ash-Shem for the past 1300 years, it is our land and has been for much longer than it was theirs. either way, when they called for a Jewish state there, they were less than 2%, would you accept Muslims, who are more than 2% in Australia calling for an Islamic state here? And herding non-Muslim Australians into refugee camps?

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #159 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 6:48pm

So places  muslims took by violence are "YOUR" country, and places they lost to violence are still "Your" country.

Might one enquire as to how a country ceases to be Islams?

What if some traditional hindustanis wanted Pakistan to stop being Islamic, because they were there first?

IP Logged

tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #160 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 7:26pm

abu_rashid wrote on Aug 2nd, 2008 at 6:14pm:
I am a Muslim, and the Islamic Caliphate has ruled over the land of ash-Shem for the past 1300 years, it is our land and has been for much longer than it was theirs. either way, when they called for a Jewish state there, they were less than 2%, would you accept Muslims, who are more than 2% in Australia calling for an Islamic state here? And herding non-Muslim Australians into refugee camps?

Thank you for your honesty. It is interesting and terrifying insight of what can happen to Australia because Moslems are allowed to settle here and later when their numbers are up some of your co-religionists from around the world will claim Australia as their own on the basis that Moslems lived here before.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #161 - Aug 3rd, 2008 at 12:53am

mozza,

Quote:
So places  muslims took by violence are "YOUR" country, and places they lost to violence are still "Your" country.

The Islamic entry into ash-Shem was actually fairly peaceful. There was a minor siege of al-Quds (Jerusalem) but not much. ash-Shem already had plenty of Arabs living in it, from the migrations of the Ghassinids a few centuries earlier, and the Nabateans as well, who'd been living there for many centuries prior to the arrival of Islam. either way, most of it's inhabitants converted to Islam within the first 200 years of Islam arriving, and then it became an Islamic land, and remained so until the British mass imported hundreds of thousands of Jews in the early 20th century to saturate the population with Jews and try to turn it into a Jewish land.

Would you accept mass importation of another ethnicity into Australia mozza for the specific purpose of turning into a state purely for those people, and the relegation of Australians into refugee camps in the surrounding countries?

Besides, if you knew your history, you'd know we didn't take it from the Jews, they were expelled about 500 years prior to the arrival of Islam by the Europeans.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #162 - Aug 3rd, 2008 at 12:59am

tallowood,

Quote:
Thank you for your honesty.

Why would I be dishonest?

Quote:
It is interesting and terrifying insight of what can happen to Australia because Moslems are allowed to settle here

How is it an inisght into that? The story is about Jews, who'd been out of the land for over 1800 years, coming back and claiming it's still theres, and expelling the native inhabitants by force... About the only resemblance this has to the Australian situation is that Europeans did pretty much the same thing to the Aboriginals when they arrived, came in and attempted to exterminate the people living there.

How strongly do you feel about Australia? How strongly do you think your descendants will feel about Australia in about 1000 years time? If you can imagine that, then convert that into empathy for the Arabs of ash-Shem.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Lestat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #163 - Aug 3rd, 2008 at 10:42pm

tallowood wrote on Aug 2nd, 2008 at 7:26pm:
abu_rashid wrote on Aug 2nd, 2008 at 6:14pm:

Thank you for your honesty. It is interesting and terrifying insight of what can happen to Australia because Moslems are allowed to settle here and later when their numbers are up some of your co-religionists from around the world will claim Australia as their own on the basis that Moslems lived here before.

So what do you suggest we should do?

Ethnic cleansing??

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #164 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 3:40pm

I think that under Islamic law, if Israel didn't agree to a peace agreement on the Muslim's terms, they would invade, take all the property as their posessions (I think this includes the women), then give the Israelis a choice of fleeing with nothing, remaining with nothing, or becoming slaves.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print