Welcome moderators. (Read 10818 times)
jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Re: Welcome moderators.
Reply #15 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 10:02pm

Ad hominem already?

Classy chap.

"We should always say that I may refrain from publishing a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed, but it's because I fear you. Don't for one moment think it's because I respect you." Richard Dawkins

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #16 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 10:11pm

jordan484 wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 10:02pm:
Ad hominem already?

Classy chap.

It's not an attack on you at all.

YOU are the one who believes you can't have respectful and productive debates with others without insults. That is a serious problem and will only impede in your life.

The ability to be able to disagree respectfully is pretty important to have to get by in life.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #17 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 10:13pm

mozza,

Quote:
Might I suggest you do some research into progressive Islam, so as not to give people the idea that the form of Islam that you and Malik adhere to is not the only option.

Feel free to start a thread detailing for us what you think this new "progressive Islam" to be. Sorry I've just never heard of it before.

Just a point though that I might add. Islam is what Islam is. If someone takes Islam and tries to make it like something else, to conform it to someone elses beliefs (ie. to make it palatable for the West) is it really Islam anymore? It's like someone coming along and saying "Let's create a progressive communism" and then they do away with the communes and the state ownership and the planned economy any so forth and then say "Well here's our new progressive communism". It's no longer communism.

I think you just need to come to the realisation that Islam is a constant. Sure it has room to deal with new issues arising, but it will only ever be based on the original teachings. There's absolutely no room for cancelling the original teachings and inventing new ones. In this way Islam is very different from Christianity, and even to some extent Judaism, the strength of Islam is in it's consistency and in it's staunch adherence to sound principles. These are the things you're suggesting we strip from it, and I'm sad to break it to you, but it ain't gonna happen.

jordan,

Quote:
Because, simply stating an opinion, a certain like or dislike, a cartoon or blog or article unfavourable to muslims

How is posting a cartoon part of any dialogue? You know full well you just want to do it to be mischievous, and to prove "see nobody's going to tell me what I can and can't do", you're like a rebellious little teenager, please grow up a little. this just indicates you're not sincerely interested in fruitful and mature dialogue, you just want to misbehave like a naughty little child, testing the limits.

Instead of harking on about how you might get banned, you should seriously look at the pathetically childish image you're portraying to others.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #18 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 10:16pm

Malik Shakur wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 10:11pm:
Ad hominem already?

Classy chap.

YOU are the one who believes you can't have respectful and productive debates with others without insults. That is a serious problem and will only impede in your life.

The ability to be able to disagree respectfully is pretty important to have to get by in life.

That's the whole problem, the one you're not understanding or conveniently ignoring. By disagreeing, one's being disrespectful.

"We should always say that I may refrain from publishing a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed, but it's because I fear you. Don't for one moment think it's because I respect you." Richard Dawkins

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #19 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 10:19pm

abu_rashid wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 10:13pm:
How is posting a cartoon part of any dialogue? You know full well you just want to do it to be mischievous, and to prove "see nobody's going to tell me what I can and can't do", you're like a rebellious little teenager, please grow up a little. this just indicates you're not sincerely interested in fruitful and mature dialogue, you just want to misbehave like a naughty little child, testing the limits.

Instead of harking on about how you might get banned, you should seriously look at the pathetically childish image you're portraying to others.

You came in with all guns blazing telling me I'm a liar and I don't really like this or that and so on....so I don't think I'll be taking any advice from you about how childish you think I'm being. I haven't seen too much in the way of mature dialogue from you. You make far too many assumptions and I don't respect how you present yourself.

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #20 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 10:22pm

jordan484 wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 10:16pm:
Malik Shakur wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 10:11pm:
Ad hominem already?

Classy chap.

That's the whole problem, the one you're not understanding or conveniently ignoring. By disagreeing, one's being disrespectful.

That's not true at all. Many people go on Muslimvillage.net and disagree with no consequences. They still post on the forums because they are not disrespectful and don't insult.

It's sad that you seem to think disagreeing with someone is disrespecting them. I'd imagine life might be quite difficult for you.

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #21 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 10:25pm

See, that's the thing. You try really hard to take the moral high ground, be the good debater, the polite poster.....and then have to get a little dig in all the same, about my life, my person....some little comment to try and make me feel bad about who I am. You almost have people fooled into believing you're a kind, gentle, diplomatic poster.....but you just can't quite keep it together enough....the real you comes out in the end.

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #22 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 10:29pm

jordan484 wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 10:25pm:
See, that's the thing. You try really hard to take the moral high ground, be the good debater, the polite poster.....and then have to get a little dig in all the same, about my life, my person....some little comment to try and make me feel bad about who I am. You almost have people fooled into believing you're a kind, gentle, diplomatic poster.....but you just can't quite keep it together enough....the real you comes out in the end.

No, the fact is I'm willing to give everyone a chance.. But when they've shown themselves to be trolls who are only there to incite hate and insult then I don't treat them kindly.

You have the opportunity to not be like that and argue with us instead while using manners and having some ettiquitte, We'd be happy to speak with you on these terms.

Many Christian friends and I debate often about religion with no hassles, because we all respect each other enough to not outwardly go out and insult each other.

Why can't you do that?

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #23 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 10:33pm

Even Sprintcyclist is welcome to come into this forum and post if he's willing to do it without insulting and inciting hatred.

His slate can be clean and we can start over. I'm sure that he'd make some very good points and debate well.

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #24 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 10:39pm

Because in our first dialogues with one another, you both behaved in a way contrary to how you dictate I should behave. So, respect doesn't exist.

You want this "Islam" topic to be free from criticism, independent thought and anything that may be offensive?

Go for it.

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #25 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 10:40pm

Oh yeah, I don't want to be sued, either.

Pathetic.

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #26 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 10:44pm

jordan484 wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 10:39pm:
Because in our first dialogues with one another, you both behaved in a way contrary to how you dictate I should behave. So, respect doesn't exist.

You want this "Islam" topic to be free from criticism, independent thought and anything that may be offensive?

Go for it.

As I mentioned, if you can't have dialogue that includes criticism and independent thought without actually going out and insulting people then no.. Please don't post here..

But if you are capable of having debate without such behaviour then that's great. Post ahead.

I do lots of interfaith work with Christians and Jews and we always disagree and debate with each other, but it doesn't turn into discussions where we insult or try and offend each other.

Thats because we respect each other.

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #27 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 10:48pm

How nice for you, the christians and the jews.

You say you require respect. I haven't seen you or abu respect me since I've been here. But please do continue living in your fantasy land of your perfection and everyone elses rudeness.

Yet another example of free speech being stifled by religion.

Enjoy your little love-in.

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #28 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 10:55pm

jordan484 wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 10:48pm:
How nice for you, the christians and the jews.

You say you require respect. I haven't seen you or abu respect me since I've been here. But please do continue living in your fantasy land of your perfection and everyone elses rudeness.

Yet another example of free speech being stifled by religion.

Enjoy your little love-in.

Really? I'm only human, I apologized sincrely for my mistake as you had not actually offered the pork to Abu. If you can't accept an apology then that's up to you. But I am sincere in that apology.

You however have insulted Islam and the Prophet Muhammad pbuh several times, initially you were the one first to show disrespect by saying Islam is a vile religion etc.

Don't play the victim when you are also to blame.

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #29 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:03pm

Malik Shakur wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 10:55pm:
You however have insulted Islam and the Prophet Muhammad pbuh several times, initially you were the one first to show disrespect by saying Islam is a vile religion etc.

I think it is. That's my right to have that opinion. You call it disrespect. I call it the truth.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print