Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: Welcome moderators.
Reply #30 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:06pm

jordan484 wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:03pm:
Malik Shakur wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 10:55pm:
You however have insulted Islam and the Prophet Muhammad pbuh several times, initially you were the one first to show disrespect by saying Islam is a vile religion etc.

I think it is. That's my right to have that opinion. You call it disrespect. I call it the truth.

no, it's insulting..

that's your problem.. you can't disagree without insulting other people. Others can..

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #31 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:14pm

To you, it's insulting. We are not all you. Get it?

"We should always say that I may refrain from publishing a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed, but it's because I fear you. Don't for one moment think it's because I respect you." Richard Dawkins

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #32 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:20pm

jordan484 wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:14pm:

You call it vile. that is insulting. Don't you get it?

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #33 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:21pm

Quote:
You came in with all guns blazing telling me I'm a liar and I don't really like this or that and so on.

Actually I don't remember calling you a liar.

I just pointed out you were 'laying it on a bit thick', with the whole swine and grog bit.

I think it was quite obvious that what I said was in jest, as I assumed you were doing as well. I've never seen anyone seriously enter a thread and out of the blue proclaim they love swine and grog..

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #34 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:26pm

abu_rashid wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:21pm:
Quote:
You came in with all guns blazing telling me I'm a liar and I don't really like this or that and so on.

Actually I don't remember calling you a liar.

I just pointed out you were 'laying it on a bit thick', with the whole swine and grog bit.

I think it was quite obvious that what I said was in jest, as I assumed you were doing as well. I've never seen anyone seriously enter a thread and out of the blue proclaim they love swine and grog..

Really?

"Since I have been a non-Muslim before, I'm well aware of the taste of such beverages, and I don't know who you're trying to kid, but they are certainly not enjoyable. Most Aussies drink for intoxication, pure and simple."

"I doubt pork is any Aussie's favourite food....."

It wasn't obvious in the slightest what you said was in jest. And if those quotes above aren't you insinuating that I was lying, then I'll go he.

"We should always say that I may refrain from publishing a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed, but it's because I fear you. Don't for one moment think it's because I respect you." Richard Dawkins

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #35 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:28pm

Malik Shakur wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:20pm:
jordan484 wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:14pm:

You call it vile. that is insulting. Don't you get it?

Yes. Don't you get it that I don't care? It's my right to have my opinion on it. You have no jurisdiction over what I can and can't believe or what I can and can't think about Islam.

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #36 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:39pm

jordan484 wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:28pm:
Yes. Don't you get it that I don't care? It's my right to have my opinion on it. You have no jurisdiction over what I can and can't believe or what I can and can't think about Islam.

You're entitled to your opinion. But don't come and spread your hate and insult here. It's not welcome.

If you're not happy to have respecful dialogue then don't post here.

It's that simple.
« Last Edit: Aug 2nd, 2008 at 12:39am by Malik Shakur »  
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #37 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 9:43am

Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #38 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 12:46pm

Malik Shakur wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:39pm:
jordan484 wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:28pm:

You're entitled to your opinion. But don't come and spread your hate and insult here. It's not welcome.

If you're not happy to have respecful dialogue then don't post here.

It's that simple.

I should have been clearer. I'm entitled to my opinion and I'm entitled to voice it. You don't like? You find it offensive? Too bad, deal with it and realise your views are not the only views in the world. You simply cannot except that you stifle free speech with your restrictive "don't come in here and spread hate/insult Islam" speech. You've proven by your behaviour what's wrong with Islam. People are not allowed to express a point of view that may be offensive to Muslims. You make laws against it, you kill people for it, you threaten legal action over it. And that's one of the reasons I find it so vile.

IP Logged

pope urban 2

Australian Politics

melbourne
Reply #39 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 12:59pm

Debate is one thing but if your just going to toe the Islamic party line, there is not much use in having a debate, all religions and cultures have had their bad times but most have moved on, lets hope others can too.

God takes care of old folks and fools, while the Devil makes up all the rules.

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #40 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 1:43pm

jordan484 wrote on Aug 2nd, 2008 at 12:46pm:
I should have been clearer. I'm entitled to my opinion and I'm entitled to voice it. You don't like? You find it offensive? Too bad, deal with it and realise your views are not the only views in the world. You simply cannot except that you stifle free speech with your restrictive "don't come in here and spread hate/insult Islam" speech. You've proven by your behaviour what's wrong with Islam. People are not allowed to express a point of view that may be offensive to Muslims. You make laws against it, you kill people for it, you threaten legal action over it. And that's one of the reasons I find it so vile.

Oh please! It IS possible to debate, express your point of view and argue here without resorting to insults or inciting hatred. You ARE entitled to your opinion but your opinion can NOT include insulting and inciting hate in people's religion, religious texts or religious figures. That's common courtesy, manners and respect. Were you not brought up knowing how to do that? If not I feel very sorry for you because without such skills it means your incapable of having dialogue with others you don't agree with. It means that you will only know a life of conflict.

If you are not capable of doing so feel free not to post on this forum.

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #41 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 2:09pm

You're not able to get through one post without resorting to questioning my person, my upbringing or my "life skills". You are not understanding what I'm saying, clearly. By simply having different opinions on Islam THAT may be "insulting" or "disrespectful" or even at a stretch "inciting hatred". The judgment is yours, and that's where it becomes a lack of freedom because I don't find the same things insulting, why is "your" truth "your" belief any more important than mine. That's rhetorical. It isn't. I don't wish any harm upon you, or any muslim, or any person, but if my opinions insult you then that's something you're going to have to deal with. Your carry on about my person in every post you make may be construed by me as insulting, but you know what, I'm going to suck it up and allow you the right to say it. Why? Because you have the freedom to do so. Welcome to the civilised world, my friend.

IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #42 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 2:14pm

jordan, he is a uni student.

Quite obviously he has been everywhere and done everything.

I am from a foreign government. This is not a joke. I am authorised to investigate state and federal bodies including ASIO.

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #43 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 2:15pm

easel wrote on Aug 2nd, 2008 at 2:14pm:
jordan, he is a uni student.

Quite obviously he has been everywhere and done everything.

Hahaha!

....and is a Muslim.....their opinions are more correct.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #44 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 5:58pm

Quote:
Debate is one thing but if your just going to toe the Islamic party line,

Since we are Muslims, wouldn't it go without saying that we're going to debate from a Muslim perspective? Are you expecting us to debate from a non-Muslim perspective or something?

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print