Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Man guilty of plot to behead Canadian PM (Read 4865 times)
easel
Gold Member

Re: Man guilty of plot to behead Canadian PM
Reply #15 - Sep 27th, 2008 at 12:03am

I hope you never have children Lestat. When they are asking for "Din dins" or "drinky" or "up up!" they are going to be disappointed by the arrogance and stupidity of their father.

I am from a foreign government. This is not a joke. I am authorised to investigate state and federal bodies including ASIO.

IP Logged

Lestat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Sep 27th, 2008 at 12:09am

easel wrote on Sep 27th, 2008 at 12:03am:
I hope you never have children Lestat. When they are asking for "Din dins" or "drinky" or "up up!" they are going to be disappointed by the arrogance and stupidity of their father.

Already have two thanks weasel. But thanks for the compliments...they're err..really touching.

Still unable to explain sprint's 'clearly understandable' statement I see. Smiley

IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #17 - Sep 27th, 2008 at 12:14am

Those poor kids.

I will pray for them.

I am from a foreign government. This is not a joke. I am authorised to investigate state and federal bodies including ASIO.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #18 - Sep 27th, 2008 at 12:24am

easel wrote on Sep 27th, 2008 at 12:14am:
Those poor kids.

I will pray for them.

To whom will your pray?

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #19 - Sep 27th, 2008 at 12:27am

My non denominational, or demoninational (how witty of me! right Lestat?) God whom I thoroughly believe in.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #20 - Sep 27th, 2008 at 1:09am

Quote:
My non denominational, or demoninational (how witty of me! right Lestat?) God whom I thoroughly believe in.

What exactly do you believe about this non-denominational God of yours easel, I'm just curious. And what does that mean exactly? He doesn't take sides in the Northern Ireland conflict or something? Smiley

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #21 - Sep 27th, 2008 at 2:17am

abu_rashid wrote on Sep 27th, 2008 at 1:09am:
Quote:

What exactly do you believe about this non-denominational God of yours easel, I'm just curious. And what does that mean exactly? He doesn't take sides in the Northern Ireland conflict or something? Smiley

My God is pretty cool. It's like when you used to stay at your auntie and uncles house in the country during school holidays and they let you do whatever you want because they have no kids of their own, as long as it isn't hurting anyone or anything or being wasteful and you show consideration. And then they give you heaps of ice cream all day and take you fishing and yabbying and shooting and make bonfires at night.

That's what I see my God as being like.

Pretty much be nice, do nice and think nice, and all will be nice.

Everyone knows God is Irish so he supports a free Irish state. Although I have a feeling he doesn't go in for violence.  Wink

IP Logged

Lestat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Sep 27th, 2008 at 1:37pm

easel wrote on Sep 27th, 2008 at 2:17am:
Pretty much be nice, do nice and think nice, and all will be nice.

easel wrote on Sep 27th, 2008 at 2:17am:

Seems that you haven't even been able to do that.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #23 - Sep 27th, 2008 at 4:07pm

Quote:

I guess it sounds a lot like what God would be like if I was to just invent one of my own too.

But surely you must realise that if you actually sincerely believe in a deity, then you can't just apply your own dimensions and requirements to him and custom-manufacture him to suit yourself, right?

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Lestat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Sep 27th, 2008 at 5:35pm

abu_rashid wrote on Sep 27th, 2008 at 4:07pm:
Quote:

I guess it sounds a lot like what God would be like if I was to just invent one of my own too.

But surely you must realise that if you actually sincerely believe in a deity, then you can't just apply your own dimensions and requirements to him and custom-manufacture him to suit yourself, right?

And even then...he cannot even reach those low set of standards that he himself set.

Cheesy

IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #25 - Sep 27th, 2008 at 6:22pm

Quote:
Seems that you haven't even been able to do that.

I treat you exactly the same as you treat me. I thought you were being nice Lestat, and so I was trying to seem like you so as to be more approachable. You weren't being nice all this time?

Quote:

My God isn't some angry old bastard who sits around all day being cranky and threatening me with eternal damnation for not restricting my enjoyment out of this glorious gift of life he has given me!

For all we know, you start off in Hell and have to earn the right out of here. I mean, all the suffering, poverty, natural disasters, death and destruction, it's not a very pleasant place. Maybe evil forces have conspired to keep us under their control by restricting our freedom and enjoyment to the utmost.

My God is pretty cool. I can't see him being some kind of sadistic psycho who created us with the express intent of wanting us to suffer for our whole lives, or else we get eternal suffering.

I mean, if God is all knowing, whenever you do something he knows your exact intentions and thoughts when doing something and should be able to accordingly interpret what you are doing as either good or bad.

What about the rich guy who donates 1 million out of the 1 billion he has to charity in order to get his smiling face in the paper? Do you think he is being a good guy? Who knows what's going on in his head.

Actions do not equal intentions.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print