Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
the muslim biased moderation (Read 3506 times)
abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Re: the muslim biased moderation
Reply #15 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 12:11pm

Quote:
Now if a Muslim community wanted to do this - they would be condemned and persecuted.

Not to mention most likely rejected by the council.

The difference is mantra that Jews are part of the "Judaeo-Christian" tradition, but Muslims apparently are not, we are something else. Even though Islam has always recognised Judaism and Christianity as being part of the "Abrahamic" tradition Jews and especially Christians reject this. Nevermind that Judaism's practises are much stranger to Christianity than Islam's are...

So jordan will give a token disapproval for this, but as we can see, he certainly doesn't spend all day trawling Google for articles like this to post against Judaism, only Islam gets jodran's special attention in that respect.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Re: the muslim biased moderation
Reply #16 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 12:27pm

Don't assume you know me apu. And don't forget, I am not a fan of any religion. If there was a Jewish forum I would be just as critical of ridiculous aspects of Jewish religion, as I am with Islam. Islam doesn't get any "special" attention, but it is worth giving it the attention it gets, like it or not. Play the victim again and again, if that's how you need to justify the criticism Islam receives, but it won't prevent the need for Islam to be questioned, and it won't prevent me from being critical of it.

"We should always say that I may refrain from publishing a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed, but it's because I fear you. Don't for one moment think it's because I respect you." Richard Dawkins

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print