Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
To the forum's Moslems (Read 5642 times)
abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Re: To the forum's Moslems
Reply #15 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 10:45pm

pender,
Quote:
i assume you did fast abu, if that is the case congratulations, its never easy.

Of course I did. Whilst I wouldn't say it's easy, it's not really as hard as one might imagine. Especially nowadays when Ramadan is completely outside of daylight savings. My first Ramadan was when it was in the middle of summer, and we didn't break fast till about 9.00, and it was really hot, thirst was much worse than hunger. But still not that hard. It's about self-disclipine, and it truly teaches you a lot.

As an example, I gave up smoking on my first day of fasting. I'd tried so many times previously, and failed every single time, and really wanted to quit. Fasting in Ramadan taught me how to do it within one single day.

sprint,
Quote:
It is bad for the body. to starve it, then flood it with food repeatedly.

And let me guess, pork is the healthiest meat, right?
There is nothing to support the idea that fasting is harmful to the body, and there's plenty of evidence to support that it's quite beneficial to the soul. You should try it one day. It is a part of the  Judaeo-Christian tradition also you know.. even though you've rejected most of that in order to have your own personal freedom.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #16 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 10:58pm

abu - well done on kicking the nicotine habit. Nicotine is the most addictive drug.

I have fasted quite a few times.
my original statements stand.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #17 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 11:06pm

Quote:
There is nothing to support the idea that fasting is harmful to the body, and there's plenty of evidence to support that it's quite beneficial to the soul.

Feeding the body when it needs the energy (breakfast before the day begins) is healthier than feeding the body when it is about to sleep, when it does not require the energy and most of it will turn to fat. That's nutrition 101, abu. You want to fast because of some ridiculous Islamic tradition, then feel free to do so, but have the stones to admit is it not healthy for the body.....and questionable for the "soul".

"We should always say that I may refrain from publishing a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed, but it's because I fear you. Don't for one moment think it's because I respect you." Richard Dawkins

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #18 - Oct 11th, 2008 at 7:19am

Quote:
Feeding the body when it needs the energy (breakfast before the day begins) is healthier than feeding the body when it is about to sleep

Since Muslims don't eat then immediately sleep during Ramadan, your viewpoint is irrelevant. Also to suggest that the energy you receive from food is immediately distributed into your body when it's digested just indicates you've got no idea about metabolism whatsoever.

Muslims break fast at sunset, and roughly 1 and half hours later they attend mosques and begin evening prayers that often last several hours (and require quite a bit of stamina).

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #19 - Oct 11th, 2008 at 10:32am

Now see, I was going to ask a question.
But the last one I asked incorrectly and was refuted.

So now I can't.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #20 - Oct 13th, 2008 at 10:17am

Was [mod: use posterior if you have a genuine need to refer to this part of the human anatomy] offensive? Or was it something else? Reason for deletion thanks.

"We should always say that I may refrain from publishing a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed, but it's because I fear you. Don't for one moment think it's because I respect you." Richard Dawkins

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #21 - Oct 13th, 2008 at 10:24am

Yes slang words for parts of the human anatomy are considered offensive in this forum, and don't cry that you're being suppressed and unfairly censored, Lestat has also been moderated for this before. It's in the forum guidelines, keep it clean, no potty talk.

Also the fact you used it to describe a sacred action like prayer is doubly offensive.

If you're genuinely here to discuss this issue, then just use more respectful terms and descriptions, if you're just here (as usual) to incite discord and strife, then you know where the door is. We have no need whatsoever for such disrespectful input.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #22 - Oct 13th, 2008 at 10:45am

Listen abu, you need to pull your head in and know that some terms that you may find offensive are not offensive to me, and that doesn't make me immoral or anything else, it just makes me different to you. I also do not find your prayers sacred. I do, however, understand I am in a highly regulated and censored forum, and I expect to be informed regularly on what may or may not be appropriate terminology, but you can do so with a little grace and a lot less smugness and indignation, and have the courtesy to tell me what has been censored and why.

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #23 - Oct 13th, 2008 at 10:48am

Anyway, what I was saying was that jogging requires stamina, but placing one's posterior in the air and cranium on the floor does not.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #24 - Oct 13th, 2008 at 10:57am

Quote:
Listen abu, you need to pull your head in and know that some terms that you may find offensive are not offensive to me, and that doesn't make me immoral or anything else, it just makes me different to you

Either way, it''s the rule here, accept it or don't.

Quote:
Anyway, what I was saying was that jogging requires stamina, but placing one's posterior in the air and cranium on the floor does not.

Since Muslim prayer doesn't just involve prostration, your estimation is invalid. And even if it did, don't you think remaining in a position of prostration for a few hours might be a little tiring? You don't have to jog to burn up energy.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #25 - Oct 13th, 2008 at 11:02am

Quote:
Either way, it''s the rule here, accept it or don't.

Read the rest of my post, genius. Your response was unnecessary.

Jogging requires more stamina than praying, but you can think what you like if it makes you feel better.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #26 - Oct 13th, 2008 at 11:28am

Quote:
Jogging requires more stamina than praying, but you can think what you like if it makes you feel better.

And nowhere did I state anything contrary to this...

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #27 - Oct 13th, 2008 at 11:29am

Good-oh for you.

IP Logged

Gaybriel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Oct 13th, 2008 at 11:58am

jordan484 wrote on Oct 13th, 2008 at 11:29am:
Good-oh for you.

lol- you really are determined to be combative aren't you?

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #29 - Oct 13th, 2008 at 12:00pm

gaybriel, I have read you over on muslim village for a long time, you are intelligent and balanced, but don't sell yourself short here and start defending the indefensible.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print