Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Mohammedan (Read 7486 times)
tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Mohammedan
Reply #30 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 10:35pm

Saying "La illaha illAllah!" is offensive to people of other religions too because it is obvious disrespect for other gods.

Reality is a figment of imagination

IP Logged

Sam

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 11:16pm

It's no problem, I posted my response from a Muslim's perspective, if people aren't interested in what Muslims think on the issue but simply want to follow what they believe then that's fine.

As for what went wrong, the only thing that went wrong was that I didn't find Islam sooner, but I guess that's a story for another thread.

IP Logged

Gaybriel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 11:18pm

Sam wrote on Nov 14th, 2008 at 11:16pm:
It's no problem, I posted my response from a Muslim's perspective, if people aren't interested in what Muslims think on the issue but simply want to follow what they believe then that's fine.

As for what went wrong, the only thing that went wrong was that I didn't find Islam sooner, but I guess that's a story for another thread.

here's the link for you Sam if you wish to post Smiley http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1224928362/60#60

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #33 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 11:30pm

A bit too... solicitous. Are you making him coffee, too? Are MV moderators VIPs?

Makes you look like you are on day release here and your boss has dropped in. Less of the bowing and scraping, if you please.i

IP Logged

Gaybriel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 11:35pm

Soren wrote on Nov 14th, 2008 at 11:30pm:
A bit too... solicitous. Are you making him coffee, too? Are MV moderators VIPs?

Makes you look like you are on day release here and your boss has dropped in. Less of the bowing and scraping, if you please.

just trying to help out a new member

most particularly in my mind was when another new member was recently asked to say why they converted but then they said they didn't have the link to the topic- if my memory serves me correctly

you needn't worry yourself so much with my motivations however, as me posting a link to another topic does nothing except allow those on this forum who have questions to get them answered.

something I have been accused recently of not allowing

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #35 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 11:47pm

Gaybriel wrote on Nov 14th, 2008 at 11:35pm:
Soren wrote on Nov 14th, 2008 at 11:30pm:

Makes you look like you are on day release here and your boss has dropped in. Less of the bowing and scraping, if you please.

just trying to help out a new member

most particularly in my mind was when another new member was recently asked to say why they converted but then they said they didn't have the link to the topic- if my memory serves me correctly

you needn't worry yourself so much with my motivations however, as me posting a link to another topic does nothing except allow those on this forum who have questions to get them answered.

something I have been accused recently of not allowing

I am a mere spectator.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #36 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 11:59pm

Gaybriel, you'll have to forgive soren, he doesn't seem to know what hospitality is.

A new member is just someone new for him to ridicule and mock, welcoming is not on his agenda at all. It's quite strange, because my understanding of Christianity is that Christians should be kind and welcoming and forgiving to all, even their enemies. If only Christians actually practised what it is they claim to be defending.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #37 - Nov 15th, 2008 at 12:04am

So because Soren acts a particular way (and I'm asssuming you know he's a practisng Christian) then all Christians act this way...  all the time apparently.

Hmmm...  now isn't that an interesting mindset.  Grin

Your behaviour to others as I've noted, (to me too for example) show you to be a complete hypocrite on this Aboo.

I also note that you and others show a habit to exaggerate, denigrate and deny.

Oh and if your behaviour and the sanctimonious behaviour of others of your ilk is anything to go by you have a lot to learn about hospitality.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #38 - Nov 15th, 2008 at 12:08am

abu_rashid wrote on Nov 14th, 2008 at 11:59pm:
Gaybriel, you'll have to forgive soren, he doesn't seem to know what hospitality is.

A new member is just someone new for him to ridicule and mock, welcoming is not on his agenda at all. It's quite strange, because my understanding of Christianity is that Christians should be kind and welcoming and forgiving to all, even their enemies. If only Christians actually practised what it is they claim to be defending.

Don't tar the chrisitians with me, I have not spoken anywhere here as a christian.

But as we can readily see in the koran, the Mohammedan mind is primarily preoccupied with Jews and Christians. That's what it all is, at bottom, a massive fit of resentment.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #39 - Nov 15th, 2008 at 12:18am

Quote:
So because Soren acts a particular way (and I'm asssuming you know he's a practisng Christian) then all Christians act this way...  all the time apparently.

Actually soren is probably the most tolerable of the 4 or so Christians who post here.

Yadda, yourself and sprintcyclist are just truly taxing.

But, as I mentioned, I don't see Christians here behaving like the NT commands them to. I see you acting like arrogant argumentative and aggressive protagonists the whole time, complete opposite of what the NT teaches. I haven't seen the remotest sign of humility, humbleness or the cheek-turning pacifism that Christianity preaches.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #40 - Nov 15th, 2008 at 12:25am

Well aboo i've never attacked you personally or Islam.  But you have had a go at me from day one.  Fine... 

Perhaps you just don't like difficult questions or the mirror being held up to you.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #41 - Nov 15th, 2008 at 12:49am

Actually I didn't say anything to you from day 1 Grendel, if you remember correctly, you abused me for using the map of Australia in my avatar... this is the first interaction I recall with you.

The fact is you're an anti-Islamic bigot, and your supposed adherence to Christianity does nothing to prevent you from displaying it in ignorant and often ugly manners.

This is one of my main criticisms with Christianity, is that it's not a feasible teaching. People just can't stick to it, because it's too unrealistic and ignores basic human nature. That's why the Crusades happened for instance. It teaches peace and forgiving your enemy, but that's not realistic. So when Christians did wage war, it was the most horrific kind we ever saw, because they had no laws or injunctions regarding conduct in war... because they unrealistically believe war doesn't exist.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #42 - Nov 15th, 2008 at 1:00am

abu_rashid wrote on Nov 15th, 2008 at 12:49am:
This is one of my main criticisms with Christianity, is that it's not a feasible teaching. People just can't stick to it, because it's too unrealistic and ignores basic human nature. That's why the Crusades happened for instance. It teaches peace and forgiving your enemy, but that's not realistic. So when Christians did wage war, it was the most horrific kind we ever saw, because they had no laws or injunctions regarding conduct in war... because they unrealistically believe war doesn't exist.

You are tired, you are talking gibberish. Go to bed.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #43 - Nov 15th, 2008 at 1:03am

Well I did and do think your avatar stinks...  and the overt implication of it too... 

Now that's not a personal insult nor is it an attack on Islam.  Of course you may think Australia should become and Islamic state and all that implies.  I'd say in that you are very much in the minority.

I'm not an Islamic bigot at all...  I care less what religion you follow.  Or don't in the case of athiests and agnostics.  I dont force my beliefs down anyones throat.

I'm also not ignorant... 

So why is Islam easier to stick to than Christianity?  hmmm...
More rigid?  Less flexible?
The Crusades... oh dear yes being a Christian i'm to blame for them yessireee...   Roll Eyes
Killing is killing whether or not you have rules for it.
More hypocrisy Aboo?

you do post a lot of biased dribble.

IP Logged

Phillip

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Nov 15th, 2008 at 6:25pm

Quote:
you do post a lot of biased dribble.

lol. just lol.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4