Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Can men and women just be friends? (Read 8857 times)
oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Re: Can men and women just be friends?
Reply #15 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 12:24pm

Quote:
not in my experience. sex isn't driven by love it's driven by lust. I think you're talking long term friends having sex then sure they could be in love, but they could also just be drunk.

or maybe I'm just cynical

i do agree though- if you have a close friendship and are regularly sleeping together there are probably feelings there

Lust is a big part of it..a bit of chicken and egg..which came first?
If love be the end result?

&&Jade Rawlings on Cousins " He makes our team walk taller..a very good team man , Ben Cousins"

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #16 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 12:28pm

Quote:
aha- I was talking more about when you're a club and a guy is spinning lines and in your mind you're thinking "'I know what you're doing but hell I feel like kissing someone so I'm just gonna let you think you're 'working your magic'"

man this convo is making me sound like a massive tramp  Shocked

I like your style gayb..its legitimate..some guys have really adolescent pick up  lines..and their quite funny in the way they go about it..they think they are fooling you..

Like men who cheat on wives and girlfriends ..spin the most lame and stupid bullshit and they think the gf/wife is non the wiser. Wink

A woman can smell a cheat.

&&Jade Rawlings on Cousins " He makes our team walk taller..a very good team man , Ben Cousins"

IP Logged

Gaybriel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 12:52pm

hahaha- true true

that's what always annoys me about guys who act like picking up is some major coup- it's like, ugh- we're not passive in this process you know, you haven't fooled us - we know what's going on

and yeah true- lust and love can be intertwined. this is reminding me of harry met sally - hehe

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #18 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 2:08pm

Gaybriel wrote on Jan 23rd, 2009 at 12:52pm:
hahaha- true true

that's what always annoys me about guys who act like picking up is some major coup- it's like, ugh- we're not passive in this process you know, you haven't fooled us - we know what's going on

and yeah true- lust and love can be intertwined. this is reminding me of harry met sally - hehe

One of my favourite movies .. never get sick of watching it. Tho' I never did understand her attraction to Harry..he was so wellllll..not sexy !!

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #19 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 6:43pm

Quote:
not in my experience. sex isn't driven by love it's driven by lust. I think you're talking long term friends having sex then sure they could be in love, but they could also just be drunk.

or maybe I'm just cynical

That's what I was talking about. You're obviously 20 something Gabriel. It's a Gen X versus Gen Y thing. Gen X are generally more conservative, and most baby boomers used to be more like Gen Y than Gen X when they were younger, but most won't admit to it.

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Jim Profit

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 11:00pm

Quote:
A woman can smell a cheat.

The only thing they smell is their ass cause their head is stuckup it.

My ex always thought I was cheating and I never did. Yes, I had a reputation for being pretty ambivalant and just dating whoever, whenever, on a whim. But then again no woman ever actually appealed to me enough to remain loyal.

That's the thanks I get. Never do a good deed.

Also none of this liberal vs conservative crap. I have female friends, but only cause I'm not sexually attracted to them. I see no reason to pain myself with enduring what I can never have simply to appear nice and non-reactionary.

Women exist for me to sleep with them. There, I said it. If you're not going to sleep with me then you need to get to the bugger away from me. I don't want to be your God-damn friend. I got enough friends, and they suck. I just hangout with them to kill time.

But I still believe there's something left for you and me.

IP Logged

Gaybriel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Feb 8th, 2009 at 10:10pm

wow and even with such a great attitude as that she STILL didn't trust you? gosh- she must have been crazy  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Calanen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Feb 8th, 2009 at 10:57pm

hahaha- true true

There was a senior executive I knew that had 5 daughters. He said to me, about women 'We think we pick them. We don't son. They pick us.'

Quote:
ISLAM is a vicious [un-reformable] political tyranny, which has always murdered its critics, and it continues that practice even today.
Yadda

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #23 - Feb 19th, 2022 at 6:14pm

NO

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #24 - Feb 20th, 2022 at 6:57pm

Jasin wrote on Feb 19th, 2022 at 6:14pm:
NO

Yes but they have to be the ones you friendzone on first sight, which means pretty much I wouldn't touch that, it's not breedable... If there is a hint of sexual interest from the outset, it becomes much harder.

Jesus and Lazarus, another Jasin necrophilically resurrected thread.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #25 - Feb 20th, 2022 at 7:14pm

I do have a number of attractive female friends. Given the opportunity I would with any one of them. Happy to just be friends but the option is always sitting on the table.

If you are a hetro male please do not tell me that you never thought about it.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #26 - Feb 20th, 2022 at 7:15pm

Calanen wrote on Feb 8th, 2009 at 10:57pm:
hahaha- true true

There was a senior executive I knew that had 5 daughters. He said to me, about women 'We think we pick them. We don't son. They pick us.'

100% correct.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #27 - Feb 20th, 2022 at 7:19pm

Dnarever wrote on Feb 20th, 2022 at 7:15pm:
hahaha- true true

100% correct.

Not quite, there are many that could "pick" me that would not get their wish. It's a two way thing.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #28 - Feb 20th, 2022 at 8:17pm

Setanta wrote on Feb 20th, 2022 at 7:19pm:
Dnarever wrote on Feb 20th, 2022 at 7:15pm:
hahaha- true true

100% correct.

Not quite, there are many that could "pick" me that would not get their wish. It's a two way thing.

Very true also but in terms of the position stated all it means is they they would then pick someone else. The male option is secondary.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #29 - Feb 20th, 2022 at 8:53pm

hahaha- true true

Who is Calanen?

Who is Gaybriel?

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print