Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Sick to smacking death of seeing and hearing Obama (Read 9873 times)
NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Sick to smacking death of seeing and hearing Obama
Reply #15 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 9:11am

Apart from the obvious racial component, probably the US and the world is captivated by the prospect that America may finally have its Gandhi and a President who could lead with the moral authority of the great American patriot Dr Martin Luther King Jr.

That is, I believe, the hope that Americans and their allies look to Obama for.

They now all share the same dream.

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #16 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 9:45am

His colour is irrelevent. He's a smart guy and he has some extremely good plans, especially on the environmental front - better than anything Rudd has come up with so far.

The honeymoon will be over in 6 months or so, and the US population will start bitching and moaning, because whatever policies he puts into place will not be instant pudding.

Donald - I know. You have to make a show of hating Obama. Why don't you be totally upfront and explain that you've actually got a crush on the guy and that you can't help being excited whenever you see his picture?  Grin  Come out of that closet  Cool

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #17 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 9:49am

muso wrote on Jan 23rd, 2009 at 9:45am:
His colour is irrelevent.

Irrelevance might be a bit strong. Many millions of black Americans would disagree.

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #18 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 10:10am

NorthOfNorth wrote on Jan 23rd, 2009 at 9:49am:

Irrelevance might be a bit strong. Many millions of black Americans would disagree.

What I was trying to say was that regardless of his colour, he's a smart guy with extremely good policies. He's also extremely good motivational speaker, and after the disaster of the past 8 years, the US needs to get motivated.

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #19 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 10:38am

I just hope nothing happens to him.  He has been compared to John F. Kennedy in the fact that he is being treated like the Messiah - he is someone special.

There is a lot of hatred in the US for African Americans by some racist groups and he only won by a very slim margin - 52% - so that's 48% who didn't vote for him.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #20 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 10:51am

Quote:
Honestly, was Bush given this much coverage and did this many people blow their loads over him?

Sure, it was big news when no-one turned up to his inauguration, except a few protestors.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #21 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 11:40am

muso wrote on Jan 23rd, 2009 at 10:10am:

What I was trying to say was that regardless of his colour, he's a smart guy with extremely good policies. He's also extremely good motivational speaker, and after the disaster of the past 8 years, the US needs to get motivated.

True. But let's not forget that it was because of race that his political personality, his passion for social justice, was forged on the streets of the 'black America' of Chicago.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #22 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 3:06pm

Quote:
For doing what exactly? Because his mum was r@ped by a negro? Dipshit.)!!!'

DT do you believe everything you read on stormfront? Maybe you wouldn't be so angry if you tried to keep things in perspective a bit?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

DILLIGAF
Gold Member

The greens are red
Reply #23 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 4:43pm

Thats it. he won on the racist vote.

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #24 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 4:58pm

So all the racist people in America are black? You don't have to be racist to appreciate an end to racism. In fact, it's the opposite. Obama won despite his race, not because of it. That's why it is so significant.

Is racism the only motivation when you vote for a white person?

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #25 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 5:59pm

mozzaok wrote on Jan 22nd, 2009 at 9:44pm:
Gimme more Obama, I love the guy, he is bright, positive, and appears sincere.

Now I know that the proof of the pudding will come much later, but to inspire so many, with his positivism, is a very great achievement in it's own right, and I am just grateful to see a fresh, man, whose principles appear sound, take centre stage in a world, crying out for hope and leadership.

Really DT, your negativity is a worry, to think you actually believe the tripe you come out with about various stereotypes, and then have the gall to question other people's IQ's, is frankly staggering.

It's one thing to be positive, Mozzaok. It's a different thing to be SO positive that it just becomes nauseating.

Honestly, I wouldn't care so much if someone gave me proof that this is the way people react to all Presidents, but something tells me it's only Obama. And all because he's the first so-called 'black' President.

This infuriates me to no end. Particularly when anti-racists love Obama just because he has black skin, clearly being superficial, yet these are the same people who have the nerve to call racists superficial for disliking someone for the colour of their skin. Honestly, what's the difference?

I don't care how 'smart' or 'charasmatic' Obama is, people are going nuts because he's a negro. End of story.

Speculating that he's going to be the 'best Pres EVA' is just plain stupid and I'd criticize anyone for suggesting something like that, even if it was someone else who was elected.

I especially hate what Beo said about even Australians referring to him as 'our President.' *Shakes head in embarrassment*

People are screaming 'change' and 'hope' and don't even know what his policies are.

There's one thing I hate more than angry witchburners, it's happy witchburners. Obama supporters are clueless idiots and they deserve to be labelled so. They're sheep. Plain and simple.

The sooner Obama causes some major mistake the better. Then maybe people will realise the sun doesn't shine out of his negro @ss.

Quote:
Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #26 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 6:02pm

NorthOfNorth wrote on Jan 23rd, 2009 at 9:11am:
Apart from the obvious racial component, probably the US and the world is captivated by the prospect that America may finally have its Gandhi and a President who could lead with the moral authority of the great American patriot Dr Martin Luther King Jr.

That is, I believe, the hope that Americans and their allies look to Obama for.

They now all share the same dream.

The best thing that could come from all this is that Africans living in America might ditch the 'it's whities fault' and move on. Hell, they might even stop committing 80% of crimes in America and actually get jobs. I doubt it though. Obama can't reverse thousands of years of evolution.

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #27 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 6:03pm

Shocked
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2009 at 6:44pm by Neferti »  

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #28 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 6:06pm

His colour is irrelevent. He's a smart guy and he has some extremely good plans, especially on the environmental front - better than anything Rudd has come up with so far.

The honeymoon will be over in 6 months or so, and the US population will start bitching and moaning, because whatever policies he puts into place will not be instant pudding.

Donald - I know. You have to make a show of hating Obama. Why don't you be totally upfront and explain that you've actually got a crush on the guy and that you can't help being excited whenever you see his picture?  Grin  Come out of that closet  Cool

My God, you actually READ his policies Muso? Amazing.  Shocked Must be the first Obama supporter who's done so. And you didn't even say, "yes we can" or "change" in your post. I must say, I'm impressed.

Or are you just saying you have but didn't really do it? Tell me, what's so 'great' about his environmental plan that differs so greatly from Rudd's?

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #29 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 6:11pm

Neferti wrote on Jan 23rd, 2009 at 6:03pm:
freediver wrote on Jan 23rd, 2009 at 4:58pm:
So all the racist people in America are black? You don't have to be racist to appreciate an end to racism. In fact, it's the opposite. Obama won despite his race, not because of it. That's why it is so significant.

Is racism the only motivation when you vote for a white person?

You are totally screwed FD. Racism is ONLY calling a black a black. A black calling a white a whitey a honkie or whatever is OK and not racist.

I care less what colour a person is.  But I wouldn't want my grandkids to be half-casts.

Despite what mantra says, we don't all have a little bit of Abo in us. I Do NOT have any in me. Thank you!!!

Mantra must have and in fact I think her family had issues with kangaroos! Grin  

Pet kangas and Centrelink doles our an extra $100 a fortnight. WOW!!!

I think this can be said for most people. Everyone I talk to says, 'I'm not racist, but I would really prefer my kids to remain European-looking.'

This is especially true among women. I've found men to be more open-minded.

This is just an example of natural and 'harmless' racism. Who wouldn't want their kids to pass on their genes and have them stay cute and recognizably yours? (This is where I really feel sorry for Abu. His ancestors are probably rolling around in their graves).

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print