Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Xenophobia continues to rise in Europe (Read 4765 times)
mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Re: Xenophobia continues to rise in Europe
Reply #30 - Feb 15th, 2009 at 3:19pm

Yes Soren, the fact that Abu's religion, cannot be separated from the political ideology of Islamic theocracy, seems to be a point he is feigning ignorance of.

It seems highly disingenuous to fall back on the, "religion only", argument, when he claims kinship with every Islamist regime around the world, and their national political struggles, which have absolutely nothing to do with australians.
He even champions the actions of extremists like Osama Bin Laden, because of their shared, "spiritual" bond, which is utter rot.
How anyone who champions mass murder can lay claim to any kind of spirituality, is totally beyond the bounds of all human decency.

As long as he continues to link religious freedom, with the Islamic ideal of implementing Sharia Law, and creating a New Caliphate, both highly political ideals, being that we Aussies already have our own common law, and our own democracy, his calls for religious freedoms, will continue to sound contrived.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #31 - Feb 15th, 2009 at 3:35pm

soren,

Quote:
islam is almost never heard of or discussed as a religion but as a political force. And this iss because of the immigrants AND converts who enforce and reinforce its political dimentions by fatwah, demands, threats, costumes and speech.

By you and your ilk, no it isn't discussed as a religion, because you seek to deny it's very legitimacy as a religion. You're only interested in it's political aspects, as that's what suits your wishes for Islam.

That says more about your approach to Islam, than Islam's supposed lack of religiosity.

Quote:
One never, ever, hears of taoism or buddhism from their partisans in terms of politics.

You mentioned above costumes, and now you mention Buddhism. You've never seen Buddhists walking around in 'costumes'?? I don't know where you live, but I often see Buddhist monks walking around in their saffron robes. As for politics, never visited a Chinese embassy and seen the Falun Gong protestors who *constantly* maintain a presence outside? Or the hundreds of thousands of cars driving around with "Free Tibet" stickers on them? Other religions have religious/political activities here, you're just simply not interested in them, you're only interested in the political activities of Muslims.

And if you're concerned about Muslims being politically active, can we take this as a sign, you'd prefer to stifle their political freedom? Aren't you supposed to be teaching those poor, oppressed, & politically stifled Muslims about political freedom?

Or is it as I suspect, you're actually a totalitarian in disguise as a champion of human rights and freedoms?

Quote:
You converted only because of these immigrants

You're entitled to your opinion, has very little to do with reality. I know why I converted, and what factors were involved, you do not.

Quote:
40 years ago you would havee 'converted' to maoism or communism, those being the contrarian, destructive, anti-estaablishment ideologies that many migrants brought with them at that time.

If it makes you feel better to belittle my choice and to try and explain it as being merely circumstantial, go ahead. People like Marmeduke Pickthall were converting to Islam well over 40 years ago, and he in fact dedicated his life to the work for the re-establishment of the Caliphate. So it's certainly nothing new nor is it merely a consequence of who happens to be migrating into Western countries at the present.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #32 - Feb 15th, 2009 at 3:41pm

mozzaok,

Quote:
Yes Soren, the fact that Abu's religion, cannot be separated from the political ideology of Islamic theocracy, seems to be a point he is feigning ignorance of.

There's no doubting Islam is religious and political. No ignorance here, except on your part mozza.

That's still got nothing to do with my religious/political beliefs being linked to immigrants.

Quote:
It seems highly disingenuous to fall back on the, "religion only", argument,

Since I didn't 'fall back' onto a "religion only" argument, that statement was pretty pointless. Just stating my religion has nothing to do with immigrants is nothing to do with a "religion only" argument.

Quote:
when he claims kinship with every Islamist regime around the world

Nowhere have I claimed kinship with any regime whatsoever. This is just pure bovine faeces mozza. Unlesss you'd like to link me to a statement of mine that links me with any regime??

Quote:
He even champions the actions of extremists like Osama Bin Laden

More fertiliser.

Quote:
As long as he continues to link religious freedom, with the Islamic ideal of implementing Sharia Law, and creating a New Caliphate, both highly political ideals, being that we Aussies already have our own common law, and our own democracy

I view the establishment of a Caliphate as a solution for the Muslim world, not for Australia. So the lame attempt to link it to Australia's common law and democracy is just ridiculous.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #33 - Feb 15th, 2009 at 7:13pm

abu_rashid wrote on Feb 15th, 2009 at 3:35pm:
soren,

Quote:
islam is almost never heard of or discussed as a religion but as a political force. And this iss because of the immigrants AND converts who enforce and reinforce its political dimentions by fatwah, demands, threats, costumes and speech.

By you and your ilk, no it isn't discussed as a religion, because you seek to deny it's very legitimacy as a religion. You're only interested in it's political aspects, as that's what suits your wishes for Islam.

That says more about your approach to Islam, than Islam's supposed lack of religiosity.

I and my ilk do not bring up the political dimentions of Buddhism or Taoism because the partisans of these relgions themselves don't. I and my ilk get extremely irritated and frustrated by islam because its partisans are always in my face about their political demands, fatwahs, burnings, bombings, exceptionalist demands and generally insufferable behavouur.

Women covering their faces in my city? How smacking rude is that? Singling out the costume - and ignoring the bloody acts and inciting language,  you manage to bring to attention your primitive belief about the subjugation and ill-treatment of half of humanity. Islam is misogynist, it is woman-phobic. It is shrivelled into violence by the sight of femele skin. How bloody life-denying. All it can say is - either cover them up or it is licencious promiscuity. How barbaric, unimaginative, how alien.

The safron robe is not a sign of merciless, swaggering oppresssion by semi- or illiterate bearded men who genuinely believe that they know the mind of god. Their bloody arrogance knows no bounds. They will kill or burn with acid to maintain the subjugation of their womenfolk. And that's their womenfolk, muslims women - their daughters and nieces. Whaat would they do to infidel girls and women?

Quote:
One never, ever, hears of taoism or buddhism from their partisans in terms of politics.

You mentioned above costumes, and now you mention Buddhism. You've never seen Buddhists walking around in 'costumes'?? I don't know where you live, but I often see Buddhist monks walking around in their saffron robes. As for politics, never visited a Chinese embassy and seen the Falun Gong protestors who *constantly* maintain a presence outside? Or the hundreds of thousands of cars driving around with "Free Tibet" stickers on them? Other religions have religious/political activities here, you're just simply not interested in them, you're only interested in the political activities of Muslims.

How utterly ridiculous and sinister. To equate car stickers and chanting on mats with fatwahs, embassy burnings, calling for death and destructon in mosques after prayers, not to meention the sustained and purpusefull killing spree and violent intimidation by the more dedicated and bloody minded proponents of muslim orthodoxy, from Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan to Britain, Madrid, Bali, Germany France, Denmark and Australia.

Quote:
And if you're concerned about Muslims being politically active, can we take this as a sign, you'd prefer to stifle their political freedom? Aren't you supposed to be teaching those poor, oppressed, & politically stifled Muslims about political freedom?

Or is it as I suspect, you're actually a totalitarian in disguise as a champion of human rights and freedoms?

I want to stifle nothing. Quite the opposite. I do not want to stifled by a blatently political program that hides behind its religiosity every time it is criticised. You are welcome to the political debate but leave your fatwahs, Rage Boys, threats, open and veiled, massacres and religious special pleading at the door. Otherwise muslims call upon themselves all the scorn, ridicule and contempt freeborn citizens of any colour and persuasion can muster.

Quote:
If it makes you feel better to belittle my choice and to try and explain it as being merely circumstantial, go ahead. People like Marmeduke Pickthall were converting to Islam well over 40 years ago, and he in fact dedicated his life to the work for the re-establishment of the Caliphate. So it's certainly nothing new nor is it merely a consequence of who happens to be migrating into Western countries at the present.

He was just looking for a way to ditch his name, Marmeduke, and who can blame him.

IP Logged

tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Feb 15th, 2009 at 9:12pm

abu_rashid wrote on Feb 15th, 2009 at 3:41pm:
I view the establishment of a Caliphate as a solution for the Muslim world, not for Australia. So the lame attempt to link it to Australia's common law and democracy is just ridiculous.

So why do you carry your jihad in Australia and on Australian forum?

Reality is a figment of imagination

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #35 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 1:39am

Quote:
He was just looking for a way to ditch his name, Marmeduke, and who can blame him.

Perfect summation of your arguments..

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #36 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 11:30pm

abu_rashid wrote on Feb 16th, 2009 at 1:39am:
Quote:

Perfect summation of your arguments..

You may well be right. There is something faintly ridiculous about a westeerner converting to islam. Or Buddhism or Hinduism, I hasten to add.

And then there is this, timeless gem:

"The Foreign Office would have dearly liked to have used his talents as a linguist, but instead decided to regard him as a security risk [....] His legacy is of particular interest to Muslim converts."

Pickthall was defending the turkish genocide of Armenians. Today, other massacres by other muslims are defended. Nothing's changed since WWI.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #37 - Feb 17th, 2009 at 6:48am

Quote:
You may well be right. There is something faintly ridiculous about a westeerner converting to islam. Or Buddhism or Hinduism, I hasten to add.

No more than them converting to Christianity, which comes from about roughly the same culture as Islam anyway. Middle Eastern Semitic. Although you'd like to playdown the similarities and shared origins, it's meaningless.

If Westerners should have a 'Western' religion, then you should go back to worshipping Odin or whatever other polytheistic crap you used to indulge in, before the Scandanavian crusade 'civilised' your lot.

Quote:
Pickthall was defending the turkish genocide of Armenians.

He was probably just painting it in a more objective light. Perhaps mentioning stuff like the Armenian rebels who were incited by Russia against the Caliphate. Who would attack Ottoman troops returning, wounded, from the fronts during the war, and then disappear into the civilian population. Funny but when the West and Israel do this today, we're told how necessary it is to attack the civilians to get the militants. Same deal back then... some how I don't think you're buying, when it's not your Zionist mates selling.

Quote:
Today, other massacres by other muslims are defended. Nothing's changed since WWI.

By WWI the Ottoman Caliphate was far out of Muslim hands. It was run by secularist nationalist Turks, who were connected with the Brits... Sorry, can't say I'm particularly defensive of them myself. However, as you'll read above, there was a lot more to it than what we're told. Especially if we buy into the militants dissolving into the crowds jazz.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #38 - Feb 17th, 2009 at 9:50am

Back to the topic

abu_rashid wrote on Feb 15th, 2009 at 3:35pm:
soren,

Quote:

I and my ilk do not bring up the political dimentions of Buddhism or Taoism because the partisans of these relgions themselves don't. I and my ilk get extremely irritated and frustrated by islam because its partisans are always in my face about their political demands, fatwahs, burnings, bombings, exceptionalist demands and generally insufferable behavouur.

Women covering their faces in my city? How smacking rude is that? Singling out the costume - and ignoring the bloody acts and inciting language,  you manage to bring to attention your primitive belief about the subjugation and ill-treatment of half of humanity. Islam is misogynist, it is woman-phobic. It is shrivelled into violence by the sight of femele skin. How bloody life-denying. All it can say is - either cover them up or it is licencious promiscuity. How barbaric, unimaginative, how alien.

The safron robe is not a sign of merciless, swaggering oppresssion by semi- or illiterate bearded men who genuinely believe that they know the mind of god. Their bloody arrogance knows no bounds. They will kill or burn with acid to maintain the subjugation of their womenfolk. And that's their womenfolk, muslims women - their daughters and nieces. Whaat would they do to infidel girls and women?

Quote:

How utterly ridiculous and sinister. To equate car stickers and chanting on mats with fatwahs, embassy burnings, calling for death and destructon in mosques after prayers, not to meention the sustained and purpusefull killing spree and violent intimidation by the more dedicated and bloody minded proponents of muslim orthodoxy, from Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan to Britain, Madrid, Bali, Germany France, Denmark and Australia.

Quote:

I want to stifle nothing. Quite the opposite. I do not want to stifled by a blatently political program that hides behind its religiosity every time it is criticised. You are welcome to the political debate but leave your fatwahs, Rage Boys, threats, open and veiled, massacres and religious special pleading at the door. Otherwise muslims call upon themselves all the scorn, ridicule and contempt freeborn citizens of any colour and persuasion can muster.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #39 - Feb 17th, 2009 at 4:59pm

Do you believe the 'habit' of nuns to be misogynistic?

Should it be banned?

If you were alive in the time of the honoured virgin Mary (pbuh) would you have called for her head covering to be ripped off her also?

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #40 - Feb 17th, 2009 at 6:31pm

Back to Catholicism are we Aboo?

Are you aware Nuns wear many different modes of dress?

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #41 - Feb 17th, 2009 at 8:17pm

abu_rashid wrote on Feb 17th, 2009 at 6:48am:
Quote:

No more than them converting to Christianity, which comes from about roughly the same culture as Islam anyway. Middle Eastern Semitic. Although you'd like to playdown the similarities and shared origins, it's meaningless.

If Westerners should have a 'Western' religion, then you should go back to worshipping Odin or whatever other polytheistic crap you used to indulge in, before the Scandanavian crusade 'civilised' your lot.

You are missing the point, as usual.

It is not about origins only - except for Islam. For Islam, its beginning is also its end. Islam is going nowhere , and wants to go nowhere, EXCEPT where it was at its invention. It is a dead-end. Why?

A religion that is the last word will not, in effect, accept anything that is not already contained in it. It must regulate every aspect of daily life excatly because it cannot endure innovation - a word meaning the introduction of something new. Here is nothing new under Islam because there CANNOT be anything new. New is anti-islam. Being the last, unimprovable word from god, islam is fossilised and stuck. It cannot BUT insist on sharia, it cannot BUT insist on 7th century garb, social relations, hair fetish, and it cannot but insists that desert habits in Araby are of universal value and significance. It is stuck with nowhere to go. it is a dead end, has been since inception.

This is why population is neither here nor there. It is an unproductive, unmotivate, semi- or illiterate population, half of whom atre even further oppressed and repressed by the other half.  There are 400 million (read four hundred million) living muslims for every muslim Nobel Prize winner since thee inception of thee Prize over a 100 years ago.  Islam, as far as innovation, modernity and the rest of the world is concerned, is a mass of dead-eyed or uninterested people.

Just for a sense of proportion, there are 89.000 (read eighty nine thousand) jews for every jewish Nobel Prize winner. Lively or what?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print