Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Two-year-old Indian 'marries dog' (Read 1815 times)
abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Two-year-old Indian 'marries dog'
Feb 19th, 2009 at 8:07pm

According to some here, Islam is nothing like Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism etc. As they are all peaceful, moral,  good and sane religions. Whilst Islam is a world apart. After reading this article, I gotta agree. And I'm glad!! Quite glad my religion is a world apart from those who marry two year old children to dogs!! So Christianity and Hinduism can stay on that side of this fence!!

-----

Two-year-old Indian 'marries dog'

By Sanjaya Jena in Orissa

The marriage ceremony was to ease a bad omen

A two-year-old boy has been "married" to a dog in eastern India to "ward off evil spirits and bad luck".

The "marriage" took place in a village in Jajpur district on Monday.

The "groom", Sagula Munda, was taken to the house of the dog, called Jyoti, in a highly decorated rickshaw and priests solemnised the ceremony.

The boy's father said such "marriages" were a tradition and would help ease the bad omen of the tooth rooted in Sagula's upper gum.

Tribal deity

The "marriage" was in the tribal-dominated Patarpur village.

Like in every Hindu marriage, the priests chanted Sankrit prayers and hymns and there was an accompanying feast.

The boy's father, Sanrumula Munda, said of the wedding: "Tribals not only in this state but also in neighbouring Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand, observe such practices to keep the evil spirits away."

Arranging "marriages" with dogs kept children protected from ghosts and bad luck, he said.

The parents of Sagula and other local people consider the biological tooth defect a bad omen both for the family and neighbours.

The "bride's" father, Parakrama Munda, said: "This is just a ceremony to please the tribal deity - in the great epic Mahabharat a dog helped the Pandavas reach heaven."

He said it was a superstition, like wearing a stone or a talisman.

One attending resident, Dushmant Rout, said the "bride" had spent a few hours at the "groom's" house "but not inside the room... she stayed on the verandah".

Source: BBC

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Re: Two-year-old Indian 'marries dog'
Reply #1 - Feb 19th, 2009 at 8:20pm

Yes, very primitive.

Remind me, though - how does Christianity (the west in general, perhaps) get implicated here, except by virtue of always trying to civilise people like this?
And getting no thanks.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #2 - Feb 20th, 2009 at 8:19am

Several users here have posted before that Hinduism, Christianity and most other religions are all quite similar, as opposed to Islam. Especially in issues of morals, ethics etc.

Besides, gay priests are being ordained today... it won't be that long before openly practising bestiality is also acceptable for a priest. You guys change the rules of your religion more often than your undergarments.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #3 - Feb 20th, 2009 at 8:39am

I thought only monkeys, rats and cows were sacred in India.  The streets according to a recent visitor are littered with starving and sick dogs.  No-one cares at all for them and they are in shocking condition.

But still the little boy is luckier than many - preferable to be married to a little chihuahua than a young girl being forced by her parents to marry an old man and that doesn't apply just to Muslims, but other races, religions and cultures as well.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #4 - Feb 20th, 2009 at 9:48am

mantra, are you serious??? It's preferable to be married to a dog than to a human being??

Besides, pre-puberty marriages by Muslims involve nothing more than signing contracts. Marriage cannot begin until after puberty. And they're really not as common as some here would have us believe. Most Muslims (probably about 99.9999999%) today realise that education is of utmost importance. In fact in some Muslim countries, people don't get married until they're quite old, it's really becoming quite a problem, for both men and women.

I think in Australia we've  really come to devalue the institution of marriage. If someone today said they wanted to get married at the legal age (16 or 18 or whatever) society would completely frown upon it, and instead advise them to just go and  fornicate for a couple of years and then think about it. It's really not the type of ingredients you need for a healthy and happy society. The institution of family is also quite devalued in the process, and this is one of the saddest parts of Australian society, and what I think leads to the vast majority of our social ills.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Jim Profit

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Feb 22nd, 2009 at 11:00am

Quote:
Two year old boy marries dog

I'm officaly horny lol

But I still believe there's something left for you and me.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #6 - Feb 22nd, 2009 at 11:29am

Quote:
mantra, are you serious??? It's preferable to be married to a dog than to a human being??

Yes - at that age it is.  He wouldn't be expected to have sex with it and the dog will be dead by the time he's reached puberty.  A little girl married to an old man is forced to have sex with him and stuck with him for decades.  Have you seen documentaries on the damage childbirth does to pubescent girls of 10 or 11?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #7 - Feb 22nd, 2009 at 12:29pm

Quote:
I thought only monkeys, rats and cows were sacred in India.  The streets according to a recent visitor are littered with starving and sick dogs.  No-one cares at all for them and they are in shocking condition.

To me that would imply they are sacred. So you can't round them up and send them off to the glue factory. Even PETA kills dogs. That's just the reality of the problem. India is a good example of what PETAs ideology would bring if it were actually implemented.

I agree with mantra on the marriage bit though. It seems strange, but they obviously have a different meaning of marriage in this context and I don't think the boy or any other child will come to any harm because of this practice. You cannot say the same about marrying six year old girls off to dirty old men.

Quote:
Besides, pre-puberty marriages by Muslims involve nothing more than signing contracts.

Technically yes, but it would be naive to assume the reality matches that. Even if they do wait till there is grass on the wicket, it still does the child harm.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Jim Profit

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Feb 22nd, 2009 at 2:06pm

So when children have sex in the west it's ok but they can't get married is middle-eastern countries or else it will harm them?

Jesus Christ there's a bunch of biggots here.

Either it's always harmful when kids do the two back beast or it isn't. Hell, sex can be damaging for a full grown adult psychologicaly, or even physicaly if you're too rough. So arguably a child could have sex too if you're gentle and authenticaly love them.

So what's the problem here?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #9 - Feb 22nd, 2009 at 2:19pm

The problem is the exploitative sexual relationship between an adult and a child. We don't allow that in the west, regardless of marriage. If the law were capable of distinguishing and exploitive relationship from a genuine one then it would, buit it can't do that. I'm pretty sure that two people who are allowed to have sex with each other are also allowed to get married, but it may require some kind of special permission if they are really young.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Jim Profit

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Feb 22nd, 2009 at 2:23pm

I'm not big on regulations or "special needs". I figure government should just leave people to solve their own problems.

You know there was a time when a woman was wronged, she didn't expect government to bail her out. Her and her friends slashed his tires and cuts holes in all his pants.

You've lost your sense of independence. That's why you need government to tell you everything, including things that should just come instinctively like who to have sex with, and how to treat them.

I mean for God's sakes. You work, you live, you whipe your ass. Why do you need government over your shoulder like some cartoon conscience?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print