Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Australia's immigration policy (Read 52053 times)
mellie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Re: Australia's immigration policy
Reply #45 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 3:58pm

It cant be a fair and democratic process, when this process (power) only applies to a given group funding a chosen political campaign.

It's called purchased power, 'fascism' ...in a nutshell.

Smiley

All together now Labor voters.......&&&&lap-tops, pink-bats refugees and Clunker-cars&&&&insurance.AES256

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #46 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 4:04pm

mellie wrote on Feb 6th, 2011 at 3:58pm:
It cant be a fair and democratic process, when this process (power) only applies to a given group funding a chosen political campaign.

Smiley

Yes I do understand mellie...YOU hate Jews, it doesn't matter that you 'claim' to like them.....your refusal to allow Israel the same 'liberties' that America and England enjoy prove your bigotry...

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

mellie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #47 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 4:10pm

gizmo_2655 wrote on Feb 6th, 2011 at 4:04pm:

Smiley

Yes I do understand mellie...YOU hate Jews, it doesn't matter that you 'claim' to like them.....your refusal to allow Israel the same 'liberties' that America and England enjoy prove your bigotry...

No, I quite like Jews, have not got a problem with them as individuals what so ever, however I do have a problem with any group, corp, purchasing political advantage by way of making generous donations to political partys.

OK.

And this applies to all religious groups and corps, for I couldn't give a fig who or what they are, thus would like to see political donations stopped all together.  They should have an even playing field, this and be able to sell themselves and their policies to their 'own' nations people, in accordance to merit, not generous political campaign funding donated by a few.

Our nations political donations are some of the least transparent and dishonest in the world.

This needs to change as it interferes with the fair working process of democracy this and makes way for fascism.

We need to start practising what we preach, in the way of 'true' democracy, especially when preaching to less developed nations in pursuit of freedom.

Smiley  Do as we say, but not as we do?

All together now Labor voters.......&&&&lap-tops, pink-bats refugees and Clunker-cars&&&&insurance.AES256

IP Logged

mellie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #48 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 4:18pm

Why did the Jewish publication sack their Jewish student and sub-editor for telling their readership to vote for whoever they pleased?

Are you suggesting this Jewish university student, (who I happen to admire btw) is a bigot also?

Cool

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #49 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 4:20pm

mellie wrote on Feb 6th, 2011 at 4:10pm:
gizmo_2655 wrote on Feb 6th, 2011 at 4:04pm:

Smiley

No, I quite like Jews, have not got a problem with them as individuals what so ever, however I do have a problem with any group, corp, purchasing political advantage by way of making generous donations to political partys.

OK.

And this applies to all religious groups and corps, for I couldn't give a fig who or what they are, thus would like to see political donations stopped all together.  They should have an even playing field, this and be able to sell themselves and their policies to their 'own' nations people, in accordance to merit, not generous political campaign funding donated by a few.

Our nations political donations are some of the least transparent and dishonest in the world.

This needs to change as it interferes with the fair working process of democracy this and makes way for fascism.

We need to start practising what we preach, in the way of 'true' democracy, especially when preaching to less developed nations in pursuit of freedom.

Smiley  Do as we say, but not as we do?

No, I quite like Jews, have not got a problem with them as individuals

NO mellie, you don't...that is quite clear...you might 'like' jewish people...,but you actually HATE 'jews'.....There really IS a difference...

It's sort of like a guy saying 'I like a girl', but I hate 'women'....or (to make a point that you'll understand) I 'like' individual AFL Players, but hate St Kilda players....Much the same thing...

You 'may' like 'individual' jewish people...but YOU hate JEWS, as a class....

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

Bobbythebat

IP Logged

mellie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #50 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 4:21pm

Oh dear, Giz is in a tiz... time to boycott ship I think... I'll return when you are over your abusive little tanty, when we can get back to discussing "Australian" immigration policy.

Smiley Cheers

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #51 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 4:53pm

mellie wrote on Feb 6th, 2011 at 4:21pm:
Oh dear, Giz is in a tiz... time to boycott ship I think... I'll return when you are over your abusive little tanty, when we can get back to discussing "Australian" immigration policy.

Smiley Cheers

Yes, I'm absolutely in 'a tiz'....But then I always get annoyed by people who 'pretend' to like 'people' as individuals but hate the same people as a 'group'....

I react the same way to bigots who say 'I like the black next door' but hate black people.....The idea is this...IF you hate a 'class'.....like YOU do with jewish people..what reason do I have to believe that you like the 'jew' next door???

ALL jewish people (or any other group) are basically the same...You either treat ALL members of that group the same( as individuals, like some or hate some, depending on the PERSONS behaviour) OR you make a 'blanket' statement ( I hate ALL people of that religion/colour/sexual preference, etc)...YOU can't do both...You can EITHER treat everyone as an individual (i.e, everyone is different, so I like 'fred' but not 'steve', based on fred or steve's attitude) OR you can say ALL people of 'Fred' or Steve's religion/race are less than human...

You can't have it both ways...

Bobbythebat

IP Logged

mellie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #52 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 5:11pm

What I like about Jews, as a race, as a people...

-Clean
-Motivated and educated
-Conservative and respectable family values
-Often intelligent
-A good sense of pride in their appearance when they go out
-They mix well with Anglo-Australians, get on with Christians, our being a predominantly Christian nation.
-Their values are similar to our nations existing values, so they mix well with our people.
-They are a mild mannered well thought through people, never met an ill tempered or abusive one yet...(this could change if you are Jewish yourself however Giz, which I doubt).
-Family orientated, not loafers, they are industrious and continually strive towards personal improvement, are workers.

Must I go on?

Smiley

I was however very disappointed with how some of their clergy ostracised one of their own Jewish students who went against the Zionist grain and told his publications readership that he sub-edited to vote for whoever they wanted to, not for the party their Zionist elders told them to postal vote for.

Fair enough?

Like he said, it was condescending and rather communist to tell Jews to vote for a given party (Labor) simply because Labor had Israel's best interests at heart, this and had promised them $kick-back$ (which would cost them dearly later on down the track anyway)  post election should Labor get in.

Upon getting in, Labor promised not to review Jewish schools funding arrangements, ...  and knowing how Jews value education, our government knew just how to appeal to them in order to score votes.

Quite manipulative really, lest we forget Gillards lunch she invited a number of influential people to... of which came with a rather hefty door fee.

Would you pay $10,000 for a cup of tea and a croissant?

For me, it's the underlying principle of the thing, I couldn't care less what group, or race, corp etc were purchasing political privy.

Smiley

Bad points...

They milk  the Holocaust genocide atrocity for all it's worth, this and play the victim card a bit,  but you cant blame them for this, for our nations politicians, (both Liberal and Labor) have encouraged this by awarding them political privy and social advantage in return for their votes, as they have with a number of other minority groups and even non-minority groups here in Australia also...so

Time the sectoral  bribery/political donating stopped!

This or at least was more transparent.

Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2011 at 5:19pm by mellie »  

IP Logged

mellie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #53 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 5:24pm

I like them because like me, they are misers, and a tad 'bookish'... this and hate TV.

Grin (excuse my stereotyping them, but I actually respect these traits)

Come off it Giz, do you really think favourably of fascism in this country?

IP Logged

mellie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #54 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 5:31pm

Labor don't have Jews best interests at heart, they were political point-scoring and vote-grabbing...this and should want to help all members of the community, and their claimed humanitarian movements (re- Israel)  because they genuinely want to..not because Jews bought tickets at Labors fund-raising luncheon. Roll Eyes

And Liberal are known for this too...which is why I think these political donations need to stop...or at the very least, be far more transparent than they are as they find loop holes and hold these 'lunches' and charge a door fee, thus technically we cant call them donations, even if we know fine well they are.

Sneaky!

Smiley

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #55 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 5:34pm

freediver wrote on Feb 6th, 2011 at 3:50pm:
Quote:
Why the jews alone are not entitled to national self-determination

Soren, this is about Australia's immigration policy.

How is  equating Zionism with fascism about Australian immigration policy?

IP Logged

mellie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #56 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 5:36pm

Soren wrote on Feb 6th, 2011 at 5:34pm:
Quote:
Why the jews alone are not entitled to national self-determination

Soren, this is about Australia's immigration policy.

How is  equating Zionism with fascism about Australian immigration policy?

Lol, it went a little off topic a while back...  Immigrants making/purchasing their own policies perhaps?

Wink

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #57 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 5:39pm

Quote:
As I said elsewhere, you and millions of others have successfully absorbed and accommodated the Islamist view and

So you think I came up with a policy that would exclude from immigration problematic ideologies like Abu's version of Islam because I have been tricked into believing him?

Not for me to fathom how your mind works.

Equating zionism with fascism,. however, is a new trope, cultivated and amplified by islamists and nazis. Your including zionism with islamism and nazism is a sign of being tricked, though, into mindless reflexes characteristic of nazis and islamists.

IP Logged

mellie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #58 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 5:50pm

Delve into it more Soren, religious fascism exists, fascism doesn't only apply to corporations OK.

It applies to any movement, group or body even individual who purchases political advantage off a given political party.

Christians do it too, and Muslims are in on the act (what religious group isn't these days, not bad for a party's PM who claims to be Atheist..lol) ....you know the site Getup?

It's ran by Muslims, and they too made donations to ALP's 2010 campaign.

It has to stop, unless you want the wealthy elitists discarding the remaining 80% of the country.

Think about it... What political party has scored the most money in political donations last year?

Again, it has to stop, if it doesn't, then it's a false democracy!

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #59 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 5:57pm

Australia needs skilled migrants, that fact is undeniable.

What it needs to do is set a preference of skilled workers from culturally suitable nations in the Commonwealth.

My father from the UK and mother from RSA being prime examples of what we need more of. End a sentence in a preposition, go and stand in the corner yes I know.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print