Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
Australia's immigration policy (Read 52047 times)
Soren
Gold Member

Re: Australia's immigration policy
Reply #90 - Feb 23rd, 2011 at 11:21am

Annie Anthrax wrote on Feb 21st, 2011 at 9:46pm:
Quote:
PRIME Minister David Cameron has condemned Britain's long-standing policy of multiculturalism as a failure, calling for better integration of young Muslims to combat home-grown extremism.

Maybe doing away with Britain's long-standing policy of persecuting her Muslim population would work better.

Mole Special: A Stranger in My Own Land

As a woman, it was difficult for me to gain many first-hand impressions of the Muslims. I was generally ignored by both men and women, and on the rare occasion that I had to interact, when for example a car was parked illegally and blocking my gate, I was addressed as if inconsequential. My husband, however, faithfully reported conversations which you may find somewhat alarming. One of our favourite dinner-party pieces is this: opposite our vicarage there is a "library" which has some computers, some burkas and occasionally tracts that say offensive things about Jews and Christians. My husband did his photo-copying there, and got on rather well with everybody. One day he was chatting to a man with a passing resemblance to Lawrence of Arabia, who had just arrived from Antwerp — one of an increasing number of Muslims who are arriving here with EU passports. He asked him why he had come to Birmingham. He was surprised at the question: "Everybody know. Birmingham — best place in Europe to be pure Muslim." Well, there must be many places in Europe where Muslims are entirely free to practise their faith, but I suspect there are few places in which they can have so little contact with the civic and legal structure of a Western state if they choose. It seems to be particularly easy to "disappear" if that is their intention. A parishioner once described a lorry pulling up outside his house, the side opening to reveal stacked mattresses full of sleepy, and presumably illegal, immigrants, who staggered out into broad Brummie daylight. We heard tales of how houses are exchanged for cash payments in our area. An untaxed car was once clamped by a frightened-looking official at 8am, but within hours the owner of the vehicle had organised the clamps to be sawn off, and he sped away.

http://www.standpointmag.co.uk/the-mole-janfeb-11-a-stranger-in-my-own-land-anon...

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #91 - Feb 26th, 2011 at 12:00pm

I just happened across this poll on the Lib-allied Menzies House web-site - and (even allowing for the curious wording of the question) the results might surprise everyone on here...

http://www.menzieshouse.com.au/

Lamenting the shift in the Australian psyche, away from the egalitarian ideal of the fair-go - and the rise of short-sighted pollies, who worship the 'Growth Fairy' and seek to divide and conquer!

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #92 - Feb 26th, 2011 at 7:00pm

That 36% is significant and it is about Muslims - not Buddhists, Catholics, Taoist - not even the Chinese, whatever ideology or religion they may have.
All the talk across the world about the failure of multiculturalism is about the failure of absorbing Muslims.

« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2011 at 7:48am by Soren »  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #93 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 10:13pm

Equitist wrote on Feb 21st, 2011 at 10:11pm:
freediver wrote on Feb 21st, 2011 at 9:57pm:
You think they blew up busses because they were persecuted at home?

More likely that they were being intensely-persecuted in their new home - as has been the case since that fateful day of 'shock and awe' when the bomb-in-the-backpack mob purportedly managed to hijack several planes on US soil and proceeded to use them as missiles...

They blew up the busses to make a political point - because they disagreed with the government's foreign policy. They were not victims, and it is absurdly naive to assume they must be victims in order to do something so evil.

Annie Anthrax wrote on Feb 22nd, 2011 at 9:43am:
Quote:

Not quite, but when a section of the community becomes disenfranchised, it breeds frustration and anger. Angry kids are susceptible to people who'd like to take advantage of that.

And blowing up busses? I know plenty of disenfranchised, frustrated, angry Aussies. I don't see them committing mass murder. Are you suggesting that busses blowing up is inevitable if local Muslims don't get what they want?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

djrbfm

OzPolitic

Reply #94 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 10:44pm

hi,
more fuel.
as you know, i live in Burwood NSW.
as though there are not enough ppl here now, 3 huge apartment towers are being
built above the council chambers.
prolly house another 1000+.
and make an already congested suburb even more so.
this is greed, pure and simple.
funny thing is, that under the council chambers the ground floor is empty, with "for lease" signs everywhere.
and it's been like that from day one.
hmmmm.
j.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #95 - Feb 28th, 2011 at 7:51am

freediver wrote on Feb 27th, 2011 at 10:13pm:
Equitist wrote on Feb 21st, 2011 at 10:11pm:
freediver wrote on Feb 21st, 2011 at 9:57pm:

More likely that they were being intensely-persecuted in their new home - as has been the case since that fateful day of 'shock and awe' when the bomb-in-the-backpack mob purportedly managed to hijack several planes on US soil and proceeded to use them as missiles...

They blew up the busses to make a political point - because they disagreed with the government's foreign policy. They were not victims, and it is absurdly naive to assume they must be victims in order to do something so evil.

Annie Anthrax wrote on Feb 22nd, 2011 at 9:43am:
Quote:

Not quite, but when a section of the community becomes disenfranchised, it breeds frustration and anger. Angry kids are susceptible to people who'd like to take advantage of that.

And blowing up busses? I know plenty of disenfranchised, frustrated, angry Aussies. I don't see them committing mass murder. Are you suggesting that busses blowing up is inevitable if local Muslims don't get what they want?

Maybe they are intensely persecuted because they blow up buses when they don't get their way.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #96 - Feb 28th, 2011 at 9:24am

I could see very little in regard to immigrants opposing democracy and freedom.  I suppose the whole point of living in a democratic country is that immigrants have the freedom to oppose our democracy and freedom.

- Mantra

Why would anyone against democracy and freedom seek to migrate to Oz? Seems strange.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #97 - Feb 28th, 2011 at 9:38am

It's only the islamics (muslims) who oppose our free western athiest capitalistic democracy.

Free democracy is incompatable with islam (muslims)

athiest capitalistic democracies are the most advanced countried in the world.
islam contains the most retarded nations.

« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2011 at 9:55am by Sprintcyclist »  

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #98 - Feb 28th, 2011 at 9:47am

freediver wrote on Feb 21st, 2009 at 10:50pm:
I sent an email to the immigration minister a while back asking whether we had a policy on immmigration of people with ideologies that oppose democracy and freedom, like Islamism, Nazism and Zionism. I still haven't recieved a response. Does anyone know what our policy is?

http://www.australiaforum.com/information/immigration/new-oz-pm-declares-policy-...

That may help a tad ..

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Coral Sea

American Politics

Chicago
Reply #99 - Mar 2nd, 2011 at 6:59am

Lisa Jones wrote on Feb 28th, 2011 at 9:24am:
I could see very little in regard to immigrants opposing democracy and freedom.  I suppose the whole point of living in a democratic country is that immigrants have the freedom to oppose our democracy and freedom.

- Mantra

Why would anyone against democracy and freedom seek to migrate to Oz? Seems strange.

Money

"General, these are American regulars. In a hundred and fifty years they have never been beaten. They will hold."&&-- Col. Preston Brown, C/S, 2nd Division, the Marne, June 1, 1918

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #100 - May 31st, 2012 at 2:40pm

freediver wrote on Feb 21st, 2009 at 10:50pm:
I sent an email to the immigration minister a while back asking whether we had a policy on immmigration of people with ideologies that oppose democracy and freedom, like Islamism, Nazism and Zionism. I still haven't recieved a response. Does anyone know what our policy is?

Thiis thread is a good example of the lies that the sustainability party stand for.

Islam does not prohibit voting.

Great big liars advocating political parties is a real turn off.

Nothing is worthy of worship except God Almighty - our Creator!

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #101 - May 31st, 2012 at 5:55pm

falah wrote on May 31st, 2012 at 2:40pm:
Islam does not prohibit voting.

Grin

Nice try Falah. So tell us, does it prohibit voting by non-Muslims?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

It_is_the_Darkness
Gold Member

Australian Politics

in a ReTardis
Reply #102 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 8:35am

Because of the one child policy in China and the fact that males outnumber females nearly 10/1 now. A lot of Chinese males are getting here via Student Visas and hooking up with Aussie females (who outnumber males here by 3/1) just to continue their bloodline. Hence why you can go to Sydney and see a lot of mixed relationships of Asian males with Aussie girls.
"Just don't know where the Aussie boys are?" said one girl on a SBS flick holding hands with a Student from China. Well, they most likely smoking pot and drinking beer with their Yob mates.

SUCKING ON MY TITTIES, LIKE I KNOW YOU WANT TO.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #103 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 5:03pm

10/1?
3/1?
White girls hooking up with chinese men in anything approaching significant numbers?

I LOL @ U

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #104 - Jun 9th, 2012 at 8:22pm

K Rudd's new grandchild:

Nothing is worthy of worship except God Almighty - our Creator!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print