Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Netanyahu backs two-state solution (Read 3543 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Netanyahu backs two-state solution
Reply #30 - Dec 21st, 2023 at 5:53pm

Boom, crash... what was that?  the argument collapsing..

"Jews make up the majority at 73.5% (about 7.145 million individuals). The Arab community, spanning various religions excluding Judaism, accounts for 21% (around 2.048 million). An additional 5.5% (roughly 534,000 individuals) are classified as "others"."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Israel

"Arabs comprise just over 20 percent of Israel’s population. The vast majority are citizens, while those in Jerusalem, which Israel claims as its capital, are considered “permanent residents.”
    Arab citizens have the same legal rights as Jewish Israelis, but they tend to live in poorer cities, have less formal education, and face other challenges that some experts attribute to structural discrimination.
    Arab political parties have long struggled to gain representation in Israel’s government, and many Arabs have expressed alarm at the leadership of right-wing Jewish politicians, including Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu."

https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/what-know-about-arab-citizens-israel

Dunno how I'd fit in - 10% Jewish... probably an 'other' given my mixed ethnicity and religious heritage.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Dec 26th, 2023 at 7:36am

Hamas must be destroyed, Gaza must be demilitarised, and Palestinian society must be deradicalised.
These are the three prerequisites for peace between Israel and its Palestinian neighbours in Gaza.

First, Hamas, a key Iranian proxy, must be destroyed. The U.S., U.K., France, Germany and many other countries support Israel’s intention to demolish the terror group. To achieve that goal, its military capabilities must be dismantled and its political rule over Gaza must end. Hamas’s leaders have vowed to repeat the Oct. 7 massacre “again and again.” That is why their destruction is the only proportional response to prevent the repeat of such horrific atrocities. Anything less guarantees more war and more bloodshed.

In destroying Hamas, Israel will continue to act in full compliance with international law. This is especially challenging because an integral part of Hamas’s strategy is to use Palestinian civilians as human shields. Hamas places its terrorist infrastructure inside and underneath homes, hospitals, mosques, schools and other civilian sites, deliberately putting the Palestinian population at risk.

Israel does its best to minimise civilian casualties by dropping leaflets, sending text messages and using other means to warn Gazans to get out of harm’s way. Hamas by contrast does its utmost to keep Palestinians in harm’s way — often at gunpoint.

Unjustly blaming Israel for these casualties will only encourage Hamas and other terror organisations around the world to use human shields. To render this cruel and cynical strategy ineffective, the international community must place the blame for these casualties squarely on Hamas. It must recognise that Israel is fighting the bigger battle of the civilised war against barbarism.

Second, Gaza must be demilitarised. Israel must ensure that the territory is never again used as a base to attack it. Among other things, this will require establishing a temporary security zone on the perimeter of Gaza and an inspection mechanism on the border between Gaza and Egypt that meets Israel’s security needs and prevents smuggling of weapons into the territory.

The expectation that the Palestinian Authority will demilitarise Gaza is a pipe dream. It currently funds and glorifies terrorism in Judea and Samaria and educates Palestinian children to seek the destruction of Israel. Not surprisingly it has shown neither the capability nor the will to demilitarise Gaza. It failed to do so before Hamas booted it out of the territory in 2007, and it has failed to do so in the territories under its control today. For the foreseeable future Israel will have to retain overriding security responsibility over Gaza.

Third, Gaza will have to be deradicalised. Schools must teach children to cherish life rather than death, and imams must cease to preach for the murder of Jews. Palestinian civil society needs to be transformed so that its people support fighting terrorism rather than funding it.

That will likely require courageous and moral leadership. Palestinian Authority leader Mahmoud Abbas can’t even bring himself to condemn the Oct. 7 atrocities. Several of his ministers deny that the murders and rapes happened or accuse Israel of perpetrating these horrific crimes against its own people. Another threatened that a similar attack would be carried out in Judea and Samaria.

Successful deradicalisation took place in Germany and Japan after the Allied victory in World War II. Today, both nations are great allies of the U.S. and promote peace, stability and prosperity in Europe and Asia.

More recently, since the 9/11 attacks, visionary Arab leaders in The Gulf have led efforts to deradicalise their societies and transform their countries. Israel has since forged the historic Abraham Accords and today enjoys peace agreements with six Arab states. Such a cultural transformation will be possible in Gaza only among Palestinians who don’t seek the destruction of Israel.

Once Hamas is destroyed, Gaza is demilitarised and Palestinian society begins a deradicalisation process, Gaza can be rebuilt and the prospects of a broader peace in the Middle East will become a reality.
Mr. Netanyahu is Israel’s prime minister

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Dec 26th, 2023 at 9:59am

Frank wrote on Dec 26th, 2023 at 7:36am:
Hamas must be destroyed, Gaza must be demilitarised, and Palestinian society must be deradicalised.

And Israel must stop murdering babies and pregnant women.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #33 - Dec 26th, 2023 at 10:29am

greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 26th, 2023 at 9:59am:

Oh so it's no longer 'Women & Children' eh?
It's now 'Babies and Foetuses'.  Roll Eyes

Coming from Peccary, known Sex Deviant of Ozpol (who worships Sex Predators of the Music Industry).
We should really keep an eye on him when he tries to hide behind 'children' and 'infants' now.
Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Dec 26th, 2023 at 11:12am

Jasin wrote on Dec 26th, 2023 at 10:29am:

It's now 'Babies and Foetuses'. 

Pregnant women, newborn babies, children, women, and innocent men - Israel is murdering them all.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #35 - Dec 26th, 2023 at 11:16am

greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 26th, 2023 at 11:12am:
Jasin wrote on Dec 26th, 2023 at 10:29am:

It's now 'Babies and Foetuses'. 

Pregnant women, newborn babies, children, women, and innocent men - Israel is murdering them all.

Coming from a well known Sexual Deviant of Ozpol, like yourself and Troll, Liar and Fraud at that.
...I find your post 'hard to believe'. 
Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #36 - Dec 26th, 2023 at 12:23pm

hamas started it. After decades of threatening an teaching their kids to kill jews, hamas started it.

This is what happens if you vote in terrorists to govern you.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Dec 26th, 2023 at 2:24pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Dec 26th, 2023 at 12:23pm:
hamas started it.

Yes.

That doesn't mean it's okay for Israel to deliberately target hospitals, pregnant women, children, and babies.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Dec 26th, 2023 at 3:40pm

hamas started it. After decades of threatening an teaching their kids to kill jews, hamas started it.

If who votes in terrorists, Sprint?

The election was held in 2006, and Hamas only received 44% of the vote (and only won 74 of the 132 seats).

My year nine maths is a bit rusty, but I'm pretty sure 44% isn't a majority.

According to my rough calculations, that means 56% of the population did NOT vote for Hamas.  Now that's a majority!

And, seeing as it was way back in 2006, none of the 8,500 children who have been murdered by the IDF in recent months weren't even born at the time of the election.

Moreover, their parents wouldn't have voted in that election - they were too young.

How many of those 44% do you think are still alive now, Sprint?  I'm curious.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Dec 26th, 2023 at 7:13pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 26th, 2023 at 2:24pm:
hamas started it.

Yes.

That doesn't mean it's okay for Israel to deliberately target hospitals, pregnant women, children, and babies.

They are not targeting hospitals, pregnant women, children, and babies.  They are targeting Hamas barbarians who are hiding in hospitals and schools and behind pregnant women, children, and babies. On purpose.

Hamas are as dishonest, lying, fake and repulsive as you. So you are parrotting their dishonest lies. You could not do otherwise, unflushable.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Dec 26th, 2023 at 7:15pm

Frank wrote on Dec 26th, 2023 at 7:13pm:
hamas started it.

Yes.

They are not targeting hospitals, pregnant women, children, and babies. 

Yes, they are.  Deliberately.

How many more dead babies will you fap over?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Dec 26th, 2023 at 7:15pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 26th, 2023 at 3:40pm:

The election was held in 2006, and Hamas only received 44% of the vote (and only won 74 of the 132 seats).

According to my rough calculations, that means 56% of the population did NOT vote for Hamas.  Now that's a majority!

And, seeing as it was way back in 2006, none of the 8,500 children who have been murdered by the IDF in recent months weren't even born at the time of the election.

Moreover, their parents wouldn't have voted in that election - they were too young.

So why doesn't the majority revolt against the barbaric, murderous terrorist minority, turd!

Where is the Palestinian resistance to the fascists of Hamas?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Dec 26th, 2023 at 7:17pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 26th, 2023 at 7:15pm:
hamas started it.

Yes.

Address the pertinent point, Bbwianesque turd:

They are targeting Hamas barbarians who are hiding in hospitals and schools and behind pregnant women, children, and babies. On purpose.

Hamas are as dishonest, lying, fake and repulsive as you. So you are parrotting their dishonest lies. You could not do otherwise, unflushable.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Dec 26th, 2023 at 7:18pm

Frank wrote on Dec 26th, 2023 at 7:15pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 26th, 2023 at 3:40pm:

So why doesn't the majority revolt against the barbaric, murderous terrorist minority, turd!

Where is the Palestinian resistance to the fascists of Hamas?

The pregnant women, babies, and children that Hamas and the IDF are targeting aren't that well armed.

How many more do you want to see slaughtered by Israel?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Dec 26th, 2023 at 7:19pm

Frank wrote on Dec 26th, 2023 at 7:17pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 26th, 2023 at 7:15pm:
hamas started it.

Yes.

Address the pertinent point, Bbwianesque turd:

They are targeting Hamas barbarians who are hiding in hospitals and schools and behind pregnant women, children, and babies. On purpose.

No.

Israel is targeting hospitals, schools, pregnant women, children, and babies. On purpose.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print