Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Infidelity boosts marriage: psychologist (Read 9167 times)
Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Re: Infidelity boosts marriage: psychologist
Reply #30 - Jan 14th, 2010 at 3:46am

Quote:
I'm curious though. Are you suggesting that feminine is the antithesis of masculine?

Feminism is an antithesis of humanity.
Feminine is to masculine as netball is to rugby.

IP Logged

Sappho
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #31 - Jan 14th, 2010 at 10:45am

Amadd wrote on Jan 14th, 2010 at 3:46am:
Feminism is an antithesis of humanity.

Would you mind explaining that please?

"Love is a cunning weaver of fantasies and fables."

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #32 - Jan 14th, 2010 at 1:50pm

Quote:
Would you mind explaining that please?

Feminism poisons the minds of otherwise good women and breaks apart the traditional family structure all in the name of the unattractive oinker's ambitions to usurp acceptance.

Gloria Steinem:
Any woman who chooses to behave like a full human being should be warned that the armies of the status quo will treat her as something of a dirty joke. That's their natural and first weapon. She will need her sisterhood.

Erma Bombeck:
We've got a generation now who were born with semiequality. They don't know how it was before, so they think, this isn't too bad. We're working. We have our attache' cases and our three piece suits. I get very disgusted with the younger generation of women. We had a torch to pass, and they are just sitting there. They don't realize it can be taken away. Things are going to have to get worse before they join in fighting the battle.

Betty Friedan:
If divorce has increased by one thousand percent, don't blame the women's movement. Blame the obsolete sex roles on which our marriages were based.

speech, New York City, January 20, 1974

Rush Limbaugh:
Feminism was established as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society.

-Women should not be allowed on juries where the accused is a stud.

Elaine Heffner:
Women do not have to sacrifice personhood if they are mothers. They do not have to sacrifice motherhood in order to be persons. Liberation was meant to expand women's opportunities, not to limit them. The self-esteem that has been found in new pursuits can also be found in mothering.  (... Grin Elaine with da big brain).

Germaine (with da big brain) Greer

-I have always been principally interested in men for sex. I've always thought any sane woman would be a lover of women because loving men is such a mess. I have always wished I'd fall in love with a woman. Damn.

-I think that testosterone is a rare poison.

-Probably the only place where a man can feel really secure is in a maximum security prison, except for the imminent threat of release.

-The house wife is an unpaid employee in her husband's house in return for the security of being a permanent employee.

-The sight of women talking together has always made men uneasy; nowadays it means rank subversion.( .....Whaa?  Huh)

-The surest guide to the correctness of the path that women take is joy in the struggle. Revolution is the festival of the oppressed.

-We in the West do not refrain from childbirth because we are concerned about the population explosion or because we feel we cannot afford children, but because we do not like children.  (....Do tell)

-Women have very little idea of how much men hate them. (..just you and your ilk Germaine)

-Yet if a woman never lets herself go, how will she ever know how far she might have got? If she never takes off her high-heeled shoes, how will she ever know how far she could walk or how fast she could run?  (...who ever demanded that women wear high-heeled shoes and buy them by the thousands?)

-You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.
(Living proof?)

« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2010 at 1:58pm by Amadd »  

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #33 - Jan 14th, 2010 at 2:42pm

So my idea of "feminism" is just the age old bitchiness that women show to each other. Most especially the bitchiness the less attractive woman shows towards the women who get the bulk of male attention.
Where once men just had a chuckle at their antics, we are now forced by law to give them the attention that they so desperately crave.
It just ain't right.

...btw, I'd much prefer Julia Gillard as PM.

« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2010 at 2:51pm by Amadd »  

IP Logged

Sappho
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #34 - Jan 14th, 2010 at 4:05pm

I could get a wealth of lowly, insulting comments directed at women by men, throughout all the ages, and not just from recent past... does that therefore mean that men are the antithesis of humanity?

IP Logged

Sappho
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #35 - Jan 14th, 2010 at 4:07pm

Seems to me you typify men who can dish it out but can't take it in return. Men set the standard on denigrating the opposite sex, not women.

Paybacks are a bastard eh? Grin

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #36 - Jan 14th, 2010 at 4:29pm

Quote:
Feminism poisons the minds of otherwise good women and breaks apart the traditional family structure all in the name of the unattractive oinker's ambitions to usurp acceptance.

Wrong. Feminism gave women alternatives to traditional roles. Plenty of women still choose to be homemakers and that's great, but it's not for everyone.

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

Hlysnan

Riht, Fr[ch275]od[ch333]m,
Wærscipe

Burwood
Reply #37 - Jan 14th, 2010 at 5:06pm

I actually dislike how some women still choose to be homemakers. In my extended family, everyone is double income and noone is struggling. I see women complaining about how the husband can barely manage to pay the mortgage, but if that's such an issue they should get a job!

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #38 - Jan 14th, 2010 at 5:27pm

Quote:
I could get a wealth of lowly, insulting comments directed at women by men, throughout all the ages, and not just from recent past... does that therefore mean that men are the antithesis of humanity?

I could get a wealth of insulting comments diercted at practically everyone and everything throughout the ages by men and women alike, and I will also be able to do so in the future.
But I was talking about feminists, not real women. Don't get me wrong, I'm not stereotyping all feminists as fat ugly lesbians, however, not surprisingly, there is a large following of the religion in that department.

Quote:
Seems to me you typify men who can dish it out but can't take it in return. Men set the standard on denigrating the opposite sex, not women.

Paybacks are a bastard eh?   Grin

At least you admit that it's all about opportunism and not equality.
Personally, I haven't experienced much payback because I usually avoid them if at all possible. If that isn't possible, then I just look at them like they are the biggest dumbass that I've ever had the misfortune of meeting, they're not deserving of a second thought.

A man's world is very tough with no place for whiining crybabies, so if you can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen.....No I take that back...You go girl - you go do the dishes  Grini

IP Logged

Sappho
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #39 - Jan 14th, 2010 at 5:47pm

Amadd wrote on Jan 14th, 2010 at 5:27pm:
A man's world is very tough with no place for whiining crybabies, so if you can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen.....No I take that back...You go girl - you go do the dishes  Grin

Ha... poor sucker... can't earn enough for a dish washer eh? Pity the poor wifey who must suffer the financial inadequacies of men like you.

You are right, a man's world is very tough... tougher than you can handle if common white goods are beyond your ability.   Wink

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #40 - Jan 14th, 2010 at 5:53pm

Quote:
Wrong. Feminism gave women alternatives to traditional roles. Plenty of women still choose to be homemakers and that's great, but it's not for everyone.

How many men do you think have that choice to be homemakers?
Would a woman happily go out and slog for 12hrs per day or night and struggle to pay the mortgage while the man stays home to play wih the kids and surf the internet etc.?
Lots of men would absolutely loooove to do that but it's not really an option is it?

IP Logged

Sappho
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #41 - Jan 14th, 2010 at 6:08pm

Amadd wrote on Jan 14th, 2010 at 5:53pm:
Quote:

How many men do you think have that choice to be homemakers?
Would a woman happily go out and slog for 12hrs per day or night and struggle to pay the mortgage while the man stays home to play wih the kids and surf the internet etc.?
Lots of men would absolutely loooove to do that but it's not really an option is it?

Oh sooky sooky la la... being a man too hard for you darlin? Must be... you can't even afford white goods.

Just remember your place as provider and improve your performance. How would you feel if wifey did a half arse job in the house? No! Well stop doing a half arsed job yourself and start providing properly for your family.
Tongue

PS: I'm liking this traditional roles stuff. Maybe this second wave feminism was bad for women after all. 

IP Logged

Sappho
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #42 - Jan 14th, 2010 at 6:11pm

The more men work; the less they are in the home; the better the chances that women of leisure can play around with other men which is a great boost to the marriage.

LOL...  Cool

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #43 - Jan 14th, 2010 at 8:00pm

Quote:
Oh sooky sooky la la... being a man too hard for you darlin? Must be... you can't even afford white goods.

Just remember your place as provider and improve your performance. How would you feel if wifey did a half arse job in the house? No! Well stop doing a half arsed job yourself and start providing properly for your family.

I provide for myself. I don't need any "wifey" treating me as if I can't live without her thankyou very much.
And yes, working 12hrs night shift is extremely difficult, but at least there's some financial independence at the end of it. Why would I want to donate all of that hard work to some ungreatful woman whose intention is to try to make me do it all over again?  
And a dishwasher? I could purchase truckloads of them if I wanted to, but those things must be the opitamy of the most lazy and environmentally irresponsible whitegood ever invented.
The inventor must've been married to some hen pecking feminist who thought that it was somehow "degrading" to do the dishes by hand.

If you've paid your mortgage, then you might have some right to compare finances. If not, forget about the dishwasher and get your ass to the grindstone.
I wouldn't entertain the thought of a partnership with a western woman who has less much assets than myself..because I beleve in equality.i

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #44 - Jan 14th, 2010 at 9:42pm

Sappho wrote on Jan 14th, 2010 at 6:11pm:
The more men work; the less they are in the home; the better the chances that women of leisure can play around with other men which is a great boost to the marriage.

LOL...  Cool

Am I the only one with the sense that Sappho is really a divorced bloke?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print