BaillieuWatch (Read 65827 times)
buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Re: Baillieu: "We Can Do Better" (or maybe n
Reply #1005 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 9:15am

Verge wrote on Feb 10th, 2011 at 4:04pm:
   Do you think the communities involved shouldnt have an input into these kinds of matters in their back yard just because it suits your agenda?

The Municipal Association of Victoria said councils did not always want to control wind-farm planning decisions. President Bill McArthur said councils often lacked the expertise to make informed decisions.

Planning Minister Justin Madden said the Coalition policy was ''bizarre''.

''In one fell swoop Mr Baillieu will destroy jobs, destroy industry and help destroy the environment in this state.''

A statewide campaign against wind farms is being waged by a network of groups calling themselves Landscape Guardians.

The guardians oppose wind farms on visual amenity grounds and claim they cause health problems.

The opposition consulted the Victorian Landscape Guardians but not the renewable energy industry in drafting its policy.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/libs-windfarm-plan-to-cost-jobs-20100513-v1rn....

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #1006 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 9:43am

Quite apt you have put a picture up with "No Job" in it Buzz

Grin

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

nichy
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1007 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 12:11pm

Wind Watch: Industrial Wind Energy News

filed:  November 25, 2010 • Letters, Wyoming
Wind farms are harmful
[ Alternate short URL for linking • HOME ]
» Translation tools are available at the bottom of the page «
Credit:  trib.com 25 November 2010

When the realities of wind-generated electricity are brought to light, we will have to say it is just plain harmful.

There is sound science behind wind power and our politicians and regulators and some landowners have not paid enough attention to it. Barring some real engineering breakthrough in turbine design, it is documented that:

Wind energy isn’t “green.”

Wind energy doesn’t pencil out unless unsustainable amounts of government money (our money) are fed into the equation.

Wind turbines are ugly to look at, as are the roads, transmission lines, etc., that go with them. Numerous other environmental effects include harm to wildlife.

Property values are falling for owners next to “wind farms” and will eventually fall for “wind farm” property. Long-term, these farms can have no practical value.

The list could go on!

“Wind farms” are just harmful unless we argue that quick-fix, short-term money is pretty much all we care about.

Ask our elected officials and the giant energy companies and the start-up “snake oil salesmen” companies what they are trying to do long-term. They benefit from the subsidies. We all need to pay more attention.

ELSIE DEININGER, Douglas

"He who does not value life does not deserve it." -- Leonardo da Vinci&&&&

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1008 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 4:19pm

We have small contingent of 'ELSIE DEININGERS' here in Victoria
Under the name -
LANDSCAPE GUARDIANS
- they travel Victoria and South Australia disrupting public meetings, information seminars, AGM's and first 'sod turnings'

That's a few of them in the last photo at the Hepburn Wind site
This is a small, close-knit community - so it's a good thing there were no locals among them

In their spare time they run an ongoing letter writing campaign to anyone that will publish them - much like 'our Elsie'

Also, like Elsie, they have NO qualifications or evidence to back their string of claims

Australian Landscape Guardians was started by - and bankrolled by Peter Mitchell, a founding chairman of the Moonie Oil Company and now chairman of Lowell Pty Ltd, which runs an investment fund focused on oil, gas and minerals.

It's ALWAYS gets interesting when you follow the paper trail

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1009 - Feb 17th, 2011 at 11:41am

Baillieu blasted over Lib fund-raiser

February 17, 2011

PREMIER Ted Baillieu has been accused of hypocrisy over political fund-raising after he and up to 10 ministers attended a cocktail party organised by the party's fund-raising group the 500 Club.

The 500 Club's website boasts participation in the club offers members ''regular access to federal and state politicians'' through activities including private boardroom briefings.

''Become more closely involved with the political process and become a stakeholder in the future success of government and of our nation,'' the website states.

Government ministers Denis Napthine, Martin Dixon, Kim Wells and David Davis were at the event but
Mr Baillieu's office refused to provide a list of which frontbenchers attended.

Responding to Labor fund-raising and lobbying controversies when he was in opposition,
Mr Baillieu said he would give Victoria ''the highest standards of probity, transparency and integrity in government''.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/baillieu-blasted-over-lib-fundraiser-20110216-...

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1010 - Feb 18th, 2011 at 9:52am

VICTORIA'S 11,500 police officers are threatening to strike after Premier Ted Baillieu's government broke a key promise on pay.

The Police Association claims the Government's offer of a 2.5 per cent pay rise has put in jeopardy the Coalition's election pledge to hire 1700 new police and 920 protective service officers over the next four years.

Association secretary Greg Davies said the Government's offer was less than inflation, leaving police with a pay cut in real terms.

"It is clear this government rode to electoral victory on the back of a law-and-order horse and, having attained the prize, have taken it straight to the knackery," Sen-Sgt Greg Davies said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/victoria-police-threaten-to-strike-over-pay/sto...

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #1011 - Feb 18th, 2011 at 10:13am

Nothing still gives me greater pleasure than to see in a news story -

"Victorian Premier Ted Baillieu"

The riff-raff have gone.  Smiley

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1012 - Feb 18th, 2011 at 10:32am

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Feb 18th, 2011 at 10:13am:
Nothing still gives me greater pleasure than to see in a news story -

"Victorian Premier Ted Baillieu"

The riff-raff have gone.  Smiley

And nothing give ME greater pleasure than the awkward silence from the right side of the room - regarding
Lord Baillieu's
three months of
policy dumps and failures

Grin Grin Grin

FORTUNATELY, I'm not an "I told you so" sort of guy
(but you get the picture)

School teachers are the next to go on strike
After promising to make them the
"highest paid in the country"
he is now offering them a rise BELOW inflation - a
pay CUT
, in real terms

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #1013 - Feb 18th, 2011 at 10:49am

Yet defended a healthcare programme described as 'embarrassing' by senior healthcare professionals and $35m over budget and 5 years overdue.

Yes, you aren't biased at all are you?

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1014 - Feb 18th, 2011 at 11:07am

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Feb 18th, 2011 at 10:49am:
Yet defended a healthcare programme described as 'embarrassing' by senior healthcare professionals and $35m over budget and 5 years overdue.

Bias is best defined as one who can scour
TEN YEARS
of Labor government - and come up with myki and ehealth - yet fail to address a long list of Baillieu failures and policy train wrecks over
THREE MONTHS

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1015 - Feb 18th, 2011 at 11:22am

buzzanddidj wrote on Feb 18th, 2011 at 11:07am:
Andrei.Hicks wrote on Feb 18th, 2011 at 10:49am:

Bias is best defined as one who can scour
TEN YEARS
of Labor government - and come up with myki and ehealth - yet fail to address a long list of Baillieu failures and policy train wrecks over
THREE MONTHS

Of which most of the failures have already been addressed as false on your behalf.

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1016 - Feb 19th, 2011 at 4:29pm

PREMIER Ted Baillieu has defended another review into the bungled myki ticketing system, claiming no final decision should be made on a hunch.

The Government previously flagged a decision about whether to scrap, modify or keep myki was imminent.

Instead of the promised action
, the Baillieu Government has ordered another review into the consultant's report on the troubled $1.35 billion ticketing system.

After less than three months in government, the Coalition has ordered up to 80 reviews and reports - almost one a day - on a variety of issues, leaving it open to accusations of dithering and being overcome with paralysis at the thought of making a decision.

http://www.news.com.auhttp://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/baillieu-governm...

IP Logged

FRED.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1017 - Feb 19th, 2011 at 4:32pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Feb 19th, 2011 at 4:29pm:
PREMIER Ted Baillieu has defended another review into the bungled myki ticketing system, claiming no final decision should be made on a hunch.

The Government previously flagged a decision about whether to scrap, modify or keep myki was imminent.

Instead of the promised action
, the Baillieu Government has ordered another review into the consultant's report on the troubled $1.35 billion ticketing system.

After less than three months in government, the Coalition has ordered up to 80 reviews and reports - almost one a day - on a variety of issues, leaving it open to accusations of dithering and being overcome with paralysis at the thought of making a decision.

http://www.news.com.auhttp://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/baillieu-governm...

You rearly are hurting   buzzard      lololol Grin Grin Grin

FRED.bell58@yahoo.com.au FRED.bell58@yahoo.com.au  
IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1018 - Feb 19th, 2011 at 4:54pm

COMPELLING new data backing the myki smartcard could complicate the State Government's transport ticketing dilemma.
For the first time, the system has recorded a million transactions in one day without any serious problems.

And sources said the latest independent report into myki is expected to make some surprising findings about the future of the $1.35 billion system.

Sources said that rather than being a damning document, the report had found enough positives to add support for the continued implementation of the system.

"(Premier) Ted (Baillieu) doesn't want it," an insider said, "but it looks like he is going to have to keep it."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad/new-data-supports-myki-smartcard/story-fn6bfkm6...

IP Logged

FRED.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1019 - Feb 19th, 2011 at 4:59pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Feb 19th, 2011 at 4:54pm:
COMPELLING new data backing the myki smartcard could complicate the State Government's transport ticketing dilemma.
For the first time, the system has recorded a million transactions in one day without any serious problems.

And sources said the latest independent report into myki is expected to make some surprising findings about the future of the $1.35 billion system.

Sources said that rather than being a damning document, the report had found enough positives to add support for the continued implementation of the system.

"(Premier) Ted (Baillieu) doesn't want it," an insider said, "but it looks like he is going to have to keep it."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad/new-data-supports-myki-smartcard/story-fn6bfkm6...

Further delays in pushing ahead with myki also could result in legal action, if the consortium can prove that delays by both the Coalition and the former Labor government had contributed unfairly to company losses.

The Brumby government appeared to deliberately slow down the introduction of the myki system last year, fearing that confusion could cause a political backlash.

Introducing a new smartcard system could cost taxpayers a total of $2 billion - including myki's costs.

Mr Baillieu has already warned about the huge cost of the system.

The Government has vowed to not rush its decision on myki, designed to take over from the Metcard paper system, widely seen to be past its use-by date.

fergusonj@heraldsun.com.au

DID YOU READ THIS BIT  buggernuckle    Wink

FRED.bell58@yahoo.com.au FRED.bell58@yahoo.com.au  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 ... 134
Send Topic Print