Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Re: BaillieuWatch
Reply #1500 - May 12th, 2011 at 11:32am

buzzanddidj wrote on May 12th, 2011 at 11:16am:
Andrei.Hicks wrote on May 12th, 2011 at 10:43am:
remember_when64 wrote on May 12th, 2011 at 10:39am:
Shouldn't this "thread" be moved to Extremism Exposed Board?

There is basically no debate about politics, just cut and paste by an individual.

Without doubt - it should go to 'extremism'.

It has no political merit whatsoever.

It is one individual who began criticising the Government the day after the election.

And my PREDICTION was "SPOT ON"

A Government CAN'T cut tax receipts - increase spending - and end up with ANYTHING other than MORE DEBT

ANY
half-wit of an accountant
knows THAT

Debt to soar under Baillieu government

May 03, 2011

THE Baillieu Coalition Government will send Victoria further into debt
and make $2.2 billion worth of cuts in its first Budget.

The state is forecast to have
a net debt of $16.8 billion in 2011-12
, which five per cent of gross state product (GSP), compared with with the 4.1 per cent forecast last November.
Net debt will grow to 5.9 per cent of GSP between 2012-13 and 2014-15

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/debt-to-soar-under-baillieu-government/stor...

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1501 - May 12th, 2011 at 3:32pm

Baillieu takes aim in bushfires debate

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Victorian Opposition Leader Ted Baillieu has used parliamentary privilege to mount his most scathing attack yet on the government over Black Saturday.

In his most scathing attack yet on the government over
Black Saturday
, Mr Baillieu said the commission's recommendations were
'modest and commonsense'

The government is holding out on supporting eight of the more contentious recommendations, including
voluntary buy-outs of homes in high-risk fire areas and making overhead power lines in bushfire zones safer.

But Mr Baillieu said there was
no reason
these recommendations could not be implemented.

http://bigpondnews.com/articles/National/2010/08/10/Baillieu_takes_aim_in_bushfi...

Did anyone catch the budget figure for THESE projects ?

IP Logged

Please delete
Gold Member

Please delete this smacking

Reply #1502 - May 12th, 2011 at 3:35pm

remember_when64 wrote on May 12th, 2011 at 10:39am:
Shouldn't this "thread" be moved to Extremism Exposed Board?

There is basically no debate about politics, just cut and paste by an individual.

What is the difference between one very large thread from buzz, or 200 threads by maqqa?

I think it's commendable the way buzz has done this.

IP Logged

remember_when64

C'est la vie

Reply #1503 - May 12th, 2011 at 3:52pm

Please delete wrote on May 12th, 2011 at 3:35pm:
[I think it's commendable the way buzz has done this.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you on that - people who open thread after thread of drivel are a pain in the proverbial. That said, IMHO this thread is basically a scrap book, bordering on obsessive, rather than stimulating debate on a given topic.

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #1504 - May 12th, 2011 at 3:57pm

remember_when64 wrote on May 12th, 2011 at 3:52pm:

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you on that - people who open thread after thread of drivel are a pain in the proverbial. That said, IMHO this thread is basically a scrap book, bordering on obsessive, rather than stimulating debate on a given topic.

Agree and completely biased and one-sided too.

Note he makes comment about the current police minister but no comment on the corruption in VIC police and the previous Government requesting not-ready crime stats to be released to look favourable for election time?

Funny that.

Buzz is very biased but will not admit why he has such a problem with the Liberal party or Liberal supporters.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #1505 - May 12th, 2011 at 3:57pm

I do agree that people who spam the board are a pain as well.

Look how many woody starts.

Often with a title that bears no resemblance to the story either.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

Please delete
Gold Member

Reply #1506 - May 12th, 2011 at 4:00pm

remember_when64 wrote on May 12th, 2011 at 3:52pm:

And what's wrong with that as an approach? He's documenting everything he percieves as being wrong, as they happen. And he focusses on ISSUES, as compared to the others on the right who fill these boards with meaningless drivel about someone's dress sense or hair colour, or whether they look good on a damned bicycle.

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1507 - May 12th, 2011 at 4:56pm

So Buzz, I see you keep posting old posts over and over again.

Running out of new material mate?

Shame the budget last week didnt get the horrible response you were hoping for

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

Please delete
Gold Member

Reply #1508 - May 12th, 2011 at 4:59pm

Did you do this one, buzz?

« Last Edit: May 12th, 2011 at 7:17pm by Please delete »  

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1509 - May 12th, 2011 at 5:11pm

$22 million funding boost to Chisholm Institute’s Berwick campus

Posted on 11 May, 2011

Actions: Print | E-mail | Permalink | 

Minister for Higher Education and Skills Peter Hall visited Chisholm’s Berwick campus today to formally announce funding of $22 million to build the Berwick Trade Careers Centre.

Mr Hall said Chisholm Institute’s Berwick campus was the big winner in last Tuesday’s State Budget, receiving the lion’s share in vocational education and training capital works funding.

“With Chisholm’s Berwick campus located in one of Melbourne’s fastest growing areas, the Coalition Government’s $22 million investment will go a long way to help meet the rapidly increasing demand for trade training in this area,” Mr Hall said.

“The new state-of-the-art facility will serve industry and the local community with a broad range of course options provided by outstanding and highly qualified teachers and trainers.”

Mr Hall said the Berwick Trade Careers Centre would be an environmentally sustainable building for teaching sustainable building practices by demonstrating the latest green technologies in the construction, plumbing, electrical, bricklaying and landscaping trades. The centre will also cater for the personal well-being and hospitality trades.

The centre will comprise:

Multi-trade building construction workshop - designed to simulate a building site with multiple tasks operating simultaneously including work in housing carpentry, plumbing, and electrical trades;
Extension to the Technical Education Centre bricklaying facility - to expand space in the building to cater for bricklaying programs;
Multi-function laboratories - consisting of electro-technology, telecommunications and plumbing laboratories, a building design and learning commons complete with wireless technology;
Hairdressing and beauty salons and spa - for training delivery of Certificate III to diploma level qualifications; and
Industry, seminar and demonstration room - a multi-purpose space for seminars, demonstrations and meetings.
Mr Hall said the Coalition Government was committed to providing Victorians with access to high-quality education and training opportunities in their local area, ensuring they are equipped with the skills they need for future employment.

Key Budget highlights for Victoria’s vocational education and training sector include:

$62.5 million to cut TAFE fees for youth Healthcare Card holders
$40 million to increase government subsidised training places
$55.3 million to the Apprentice/Trainee Completion Bonus
$35 million of capital funding for TAFE institute facilities
Mr Hall said in addition to a range of budget initiatives, the government was honouring its election commitment and had commenced a review of all fee structures across the training system.

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1510 - May 12th, 2011 at 5:13pm

Ballarat helipad implementation meeting

Posted on 11 May, 2011

The Ballarat helipad implementation group had its first meeting this morning in Ballarat.

The group is chaired by Western Victoria MP David Koch, and Western Victoria MP Simon Ramsay is also a member.

It was attended by representatives of Ambulance Victoria, Ballarat Health Service, Department of Health, the Ballarat Helipad group and local community representatives.

The group resolved to provide recommendations to the Minister for Health to implement the Coalition’s election commitment, outlining all relevant information including but not limited to:

previous proposals and designs;
current best practice requirements;
community views and expectations;
Ambulance Services Victoria operational requirements; and
Ballarat Health Services clinical requirements.
“The Coalition Government has clearly identified its ongoing commitment to the Ballarat Helipad in the Budget and we are taking concrete steps to turn that commitment into reality,” Mr Koch said.

“We look forward to the next meeting and to getting on with the job of making sure we can provide this important local service.”

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1511 - May 12th, 2011 at 5:14pm

$20 million for Dingley Bypass planning

Posted on 11 May, 2011

Minister for Roads Terry Mulder said $20 million to plan the next stage of the Dingley Bypass will complete the western section of the 19km fully-divided arterial road link between Moorabbin and Dandenong South.

“Completing the Dingley Bypass between Warrigal Road and Westall Road will ease congestion on the Heatherton Road, Centre Dandenong Road and Old Dandenong Road,” Mr Mulder said.

“State funding announced in the Victorian Budget 2011-12 will be used for planning works, and to commence land acquisition for the new 6.4 km divided road.

“This new section will complement the 3.5 km Dingley Arterial link now under construction through Keysborough between Springvale Road and Perry Road, due for completion in 2013.

“The Coalition committed a total of $55 million towards this important project in the lead up to the election, and today’s funding announcement means this vital planning work can begin immediately.”

Planning for the Dingley Bypass will require investigation and community consultation on a range of social, environmental and economic issues.

VicRoads is now surveying local people, businesses and other stakeholders to identify how they would like to be involved during the Dingley Bypass study, and the best ways for them to provide community feedback.

The VicRoads Dingley Bypass Project Bulletin, which includes the consultation survey, has been mailed to 18,000 homes and businesses in and around Heatherton, Clarinda, Springvale South and Dingley Village.

Several sections along the Dingley corridor have been completed including the Westall Road extension, the South Road extension and the Dandenong Bypass.

The Dingley Bypass is expected to carry approximately 45,000 vehicles a day.

Mr Mulder said the Victorian Coalition Government is committed to addressing traffic congestion and planning for future growth in Melbourne’s south east.

“The 2011-12 Budget included $601 million for road projects to deliver significant improvements for motorists, particularly in outer suburban and regional areas,” Mr Mulder said.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1512 - May 12th, 2011 at 6:10pm

Verge wrote on May 12th, 2011 at 4:56pm:
So Buzz, I see you keep posting old posts over and over again.

Running out of new material mate?

Shame the budget last week didnt get the horrible response you were hoping for

It was JUST a reminder, post budget

Did YOU think the pledge to impliment ALL of the Bushfire Royal Commission recommendations would be "moth-balled" - as I did ?

The State budget INCREASES state debt - by the BILLIONS

This is what happens when you INCREASE spending - and CUT taxes

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1513 - May 12th, 2011 at 6:22pm

Verge wrote on May 12th, 2011 at 5:13pm:
Ballarat helipad implementation meeting

Posted on 11 May, 2011

The Ballarat helipad implementation group had its first meeting this morning in Ballarat.

The group is chaired by Western Victoria MP David Koch, and Western Victoria MP Simon Ramsay is also a member.

It was attended by representatives of Ambulance Victoria, Ballarat Health Service, Department of Health, the Ballarat Helipad group and local community representatives.

The group resolved to provide recommendations to the Minister for Health to implement the Coalition’s election commitment, outlining all relevant information including but not limited to:

previous proposals and designs;
current best practice requirements;
community views and expectations;
Ambulance Services Victoria operational requirements; and
Ballarat Health Services clinical requirements.
“The Coalition Government has clearly identified its ongoing commitment to the Ballarat Helipad in the Budget and we are taking concrete steps to turn that commitment into reality,” Mr Koch said.

“We look forward to the next meeting and to getting on with the job of making sure we can provide this important local service.”

And the COMPLETION date ?
There is NO funding to even turn the first SOD - before
July, 2012

That should be PLENTY of time for a few more "reviews" and "inquiries"

The people of Ballarat are NOT impressed

IP Logged

Please delete
Gold Member

Reply #1514 - May 12th, 2011 at 7:17pm

Please delete wrote on May 12th, 2011 at 4:59pm:
Did you do this one, buzz?

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/sci-tech/synchrotron-sinking-as-baillieu-pulls-plug-20110507-1edfz.html

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 ... 134
Send Topic Print