Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 ... 134
Send Topic Print
BaillieuWatch (Read 65772 times)
Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: BaillieuWatch
Reply #1695 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 12:42pm

I cant believe this whinge fest is still going on.

I dont think the ozpolitic bandwidth can handle three and a haf more years of this.

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #1696 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 3:28pm

Verge wrote on Aug 4th, 2011 at 12:42pm:

I dont think the ozpolitic bandwidth can handle three and a haf more years of this.

Point PROVEN, though
I KNEW Lord Baillieu would be a F.U.C.K.U.P. from day one

I stand VALIDATED

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

FRED.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1697 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 3:31pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Aug 4th, 2011 at 3:28pm:

Point PROVEN, though

I stand VALIDATED

SILLY OLD POOF  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

FRED.bell58@yahoo.com.au FRED.bell58@yahoo.com.au  
IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1698 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 3:57pm

Point PROVEN, though

I stand VALIDATED

No you havent because as you well know you have been proven wrong on many occassions in this thread with lies you have shared, and many of the problems which are under review, which do take substantial time the outcomes have yet to be determined.

You were hoping they would come in and do it all in day 2 or it's a failure as far as you're concerned.

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1699 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 4:07pm

The problem, as I see it, is one of INEXPERIENCE

REPOST ...
buzzanddidj wrote on Jul 5th, 2011 at 7:12am:
buzzanddidj wrote on May 17th, 2011 at 11:28am:
Baillieu - too scared to make decisions

May 16, 2011

THE Coalition is facing rising criticism of paralysis at the top levels of government as it sits on a key report into the future of myki.
The sanctioning of a further review into Victoria Police last week tops up to 80 reports and reviews already started and threatening to slowly grind down the Coalition's ability to govern.

Some of the completed reports have been sitting on Premier Ted Baillieu's desk for months without any action.

The myki report is believed to have been prepared for Cabinet on at least two occasions in recent months but has not been brought forward.

Senior Liberals fuming at the slow progress are demanding action, with many directly blaming Mr Baillieu's office.

"It is almost impossible to get them to make a decision,"
one Coalition MP said.

Consultant Deloitte's report into the controversial myki smartcard system has been buried in a Cabinet sub-committee for more than three months, despite reports the inaction on
myki is costing taxpayers $200,000 every day.

Myki was originally scheduled to take over from the antiquated Metcard system at Easter.

And on Budget day, Treasurer Kim Wells dropped the strongest possible hint the botched myki ticketing system would be approved.

But the Premier still refuses to talk publicly about the report's findings, despite admitting that whichever way the Government moves "is going to cost" taxpayers.

Opposition spokesman on scrutiny of government Martin Pakula said the Coalition's paralysis meant Victoria ran a real risk of losing its reputation as "the No.1 state in the nation".

"Announcing review after review, then leaving them sitting on a desk because Mr Baillieu is too scared to make a decision is not governing,"
Mr Pakula said.

"Mr Baillieu's failure to make decisions is sending a clear signal that Victoria is closed for business. Every day Mr Baillieu dithers is costing Victorians hundreds of thousands of dollars."

Some of the other outstanding reports that have yet to be returned to the Government include a review into child protection services, smart meters, the Victorian Transport Plan and an audit of the state's speed cameras

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/ted-baillieu-too-scared-to-make-decis...

Passive Victoria set to miss out on infrastructure billions

Josh Gordon and Clay Lucas
July 5, 2011

VICTORIA is at risk of losing billions of dollars of federal infrastructure funding because
the Baillieu government has failed to deliver a single major project proposal
to Australia's independent infrastructure umpire.

In a report to state and federal governments, Infrastructure Australia also issues a blunt warning that it is ''very unlikely'' to support state government proposals for new freeways unless they are tolled.

The publicly funded but independent think tank, which makes recommendations to the federal government about funding of major projects, has received 59 submissions so far this year, with
proposals from every state and territory except Victoria.
The report says the Baillieu government told Infrastructure Australia soon after the state election last November that it would assess the former Brumby government's infrastructure plans and then submit proposals.

But six months later,
not a single major project proposal has been delivered
, compared with nine from the New South Wales government, 13 from the Queensland government and seven from Western Australia

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/passive-victoria-set-to-miss-out-on-infrastruc...

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1700 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 4:15pm

I dont see that as a realistic comparison, since Wayne Swan sat on the Henry Tax Review for who long while they made up their minds on what to do?

Its what governments do, and you know as well as I they wont receive a report one day and adopt it the next.

Its easy to be critical if you dont want to be realistic.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1701 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 4:05pm

NEWSFLASH !!

Ted Baillieu makes a DECISION

Retail trading hours should be extended, says Productivity Commission

August 5, 2011

Trading hours was also a point of contention which the commission looked into. Currently, the ACT and the Northern Territory have completely deregulated trading hours – meaning business owners can open and close whenever they want too. Other states have tighter controls, with Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia being the strictest.

According to the report, retail trading hours should be deregulated in all states.

“In today’s more competitive retail trading environment, where consumers have greater access to goods from all over the world and can order those goods any time of day, there is a greater imperative for retailers to have the ability to respond to changing consumer tastes and preferences,” read the report.

http://nett.com.au/news/gst-free-threshold-to-lower-and-retail-trading-hours-ext...i
NEWSFLASH !!

Baillieu Government rules out changes to retail opening hours

August 05, 2011

The Productivity Commission yesterday called for open slather trading, saying there was a need to meet changing social patterns and the 24-hours-a-day demand of time-poor consumers.

Trading hours was also a point of contention which the commission looked into. Currently, the ACT and the Northern Territory have completely deregulated trading hours – meaning business owners can open and close whenever they want too. Other states have tighter controls, with Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia being the strictest.

According to the report, retail trading hours should be deregulated in all states.

“In today’s more competitive retail trading environment, where consumers have greater access to goods from all over the world and can order those goods any time of day, there is a greater imperative for retailers to have the ability to respond to changing consumer tastes and preferences,” read the report.

But a spokesman for Premier Ted Baillieu today quashed the chance of any change, saying Victoria already had the nation’s most deregulated shopping hours

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/open-slather-on-shop-trading-hours/st...

Neither the Productivity Commission, or Joe Hockey, have CLUE !

24 hour trading requires
THREE X 8 hour shifts

Even WITHOUT penalties, this
increases the wage bill - three-fold

So what's the plan, here, to cover this added cost ?

Do we CUT the hourly rate, by TWO THIRDS ?

Or do we assume that turnover will TRIPLE ?

NEWSFLASH !!

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1702 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 4:39pm

Time to pipe up and go with it

August 07, 2011

VICTORIA was in the grip of a devastating drought when the former Labor government made the decision to build the north-south pipeline.
The $750 million pipe would carry water from the Goulburn irrigation areas to thirsty Melbourne, where storages were running perilously low.

The decision was controversial, with Goulburn residents accusing Melbourne of stealing its water.
To sweeten the deal, the government also committed to upgrading infrastructure in the area, providing more water for irrigators in the food bowl.
To partly fund it, Melbourne water users were slugged with high water bills, and subsidised the project to the tune of $300 million.

But in a rash decision designed to appease Nationals voters in the region, the Liberal-National Coalition led by Ted Baillieu pledged that if it were elected, it would turn the pipe off.
And so it sits, empty and unused, while billions of litres of water run away and flush out into the ocean.

The Sunday Herald Sun is today revealing that billions of litres of water - enough to fill Melbourne's storages to the brim - have been wasted in the past few weeks. The water has to be run out of the Goulburn system - which is already 90 per cent full - to protect the area against a flood. But instead of being piped to Melbourne and stored in the city's massive dams as insurance against the next big dry, it's been flushed out to sea. Wasted, down the drain.

The drought may be over for now, but there's no guarantee the wet conditions will continue.

Whether or not you agreed with Labor's decision to build the pipeline, circumstances have changed.

It's time to put common sense ahead of politics. Premier Baillieu should reverse his populist decision, and turn the pipe back on.

Like the pipe or loathe it, the fact is that the money's already been spent.
Leaving the pipe sitting empty is putting political convenience first and common sense last.

The voters have had their say on Labor, and Labor's water policies, and turfed it out of office at the 2010 election. Mr
Baillieu doesn't have to endorse Labor's decision to build the controversial pipeline, but he shouldn't throw good money after bad by letting billions of litres of precious water run away into the ocean

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion/editorials/time-to-pipe-up-and-go-with-it/st...

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1703 - Aug 21st, 2011 at 11:53am

Carbon permit impact: Deceitful, Dodgy Data

August 19, 2011

THE Premier must have been getting sore trying to sit on the fence over climate change, because he has now jumped headlong into the anti-carbon tax camp.

In advance of today's Council of Australian Governments meeting in Canberra, Ted Baillieu produced ''new economic modelling'' showing the federal carbon tax would cost more than 24,000 jobs and wipe $2.8 billion from the state economy in 2015.

''These figures have been prepared by Deloitte,'' he said. They were comprehensive, he said, and, yes, the public could have great faith in them.

The problem is, the modelling failed to take into account the offsetting impact of the billions of dollars in compensation on offer for consumers and business. Hardly a ''comprehensive'' approach.

As revealed in The Age last month, Victoria's brown-coal power producers are likely to get 97 per cent of the cash payments and free permits out of a total $5.4 billion national compensation pool announced to ensure no generator is forced to close so rapidly that it risks electricity supply.

At the same time, most households will receive at least enough cash to offset the expected 0.7 per cent increase in the cost of living.

Details of the federal package were announced weeks ago, giving the state government plenty of time to commission a study more accurately reflecting reality if it had wanted to genuinely inform public debate.

All the while, Mr Baillieu is continuing to maintain that he favours a carbon price as the most effective way of reducing emissions and continues to aspire to slash Victoria's greenhouse gas emissions by 20 per cent by 2020.

Go figure ?

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/baillieus-carbon-paper-looks-on-both-sides-now...

IP Logged

FRED.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1704 - Aug 21st, 2011 at 1:39pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Aug 21st, 2011 at 11:53am:
Carbon permit impact: Deceitful, Dodgy Data

August 19, 2011

THE Premier must have been getting sore trying to sit on the fence over climate change, because he has now jumped headlong into the anti-carbon tax camp.

In advance of today's Council of Australian Governments meeting in Canberra, Ted Baillieu produced ''new economic modelling'' showing the federal carbon tax would cost more than 24,000 jobs and wipe $2.8 billion from the state economy in 2015.

''These figures have been prepared by Deloitte,'' he said. They were comprehensive, he said, and, yes, the public could have great faith in them.

The problem is, the modelling failed to take into account the offsetting impact of the billions of dollars in compensation on offer for consumers and business. Hardly a ''comprehensive'' approach.

As revealed in The Age last month, Victoria's brown-coal power producers are likely to get 97 per cent of the cash payments and free permits out of a total $5.4 billion national compensation pool announced to ensure no generator is forced to close so rapidly that it risks electricity supply.

At the same time, most households will receive at least enough cash to offset the expected 0.7 per cent increase in the cost of living.

Details of the federal package were announced weeks ago, giving the state government plenty of time to commission a study more accurately reflecting reality if it had wanted to genuinely inform public debate.

All the while, Mr Baillieu is continuing to maintain that he favours a carbon price as the most effective way of reducing emissions and continues to aspire to slash Victoria's greenhouse gas emissions by 20 per cent by 2020.

Go figure ?

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/baillieus-carbon-paper-looks-on-both-sides-now...

Doctor calls for halt to Leonards Hill wind farm development ...
... with "wind farm sickness". In the letter she also calls for a 10 kilometre buffer distance between wind farms and houses. Dr Laurie said she had forwarded the letter to Hepburn Wind ...

www.hepburnadvocate.com.au/.../news/...to-leonards-hill-wind-farm-development/1992094.aspxWind farm sickness: Ballarat doctor calls for study 1 day ago
Wind farm sickness: Ballarat doctor calls for study ... Leonards Hill wind farm: Hepburn mayor ...

www.thecourier.com.au/news/local/news/general/wind-farm-sickness-ballarat-doctor-calls... Grin

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1705 - Aug 21st, 2011 at 3:06pm

Quote:

I would also like to point out that it has got windier and colder since those fans got started on Leonards Hill. Coincidence or do they contribute to the wind chill factor as well.

Posted by 1984 aka 2011, 19/08/2011 6:07:54 PM, on The Ballarat Courier

http://www.thecourier.com.au/news/local/news/general/hepburn-wind-farm-local-doc...

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #1706 - Aug 21st, 2011 at 3:12pm

Agree completely.

Buzz is a complete buffoon who has no idea what real life for many in Victoria is about.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

FRED.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1707 - Aug 21st, 2011 at 3:16pm

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Aug 21st, 2011 at 3:12pm:

Agree completely.

Buzz is a complete buffoon who has no idea what real life for many in Victoria is about.

Grin Grin  OLD PEG BOY

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #1708 - Aug 21st, 2011 at 3:21pm

Point PROVEN, though

I stand VALIDATED

Hardly.
This wasn't political commentary, it was simply a biased anti-Baillieu comment from Day 1.

You seemed to show nothing but support for Brumby and nothing but criticism for Liberals.

Yet in the same breath - you tell us you are not biased.

I put that comment in the same box where you try to paint me as having some kind of easier start in life than you.

Both complete and utter bollocks.

You are a biased hack.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1709 - Aug 21st, 2011 at 3:47pm

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Aug 21st, 2011 at 3:21pm:
Point PROVEN, though

I stand VALIDATED

Hardly.
This wasn't political commentary, it was simply a biased anti-Baillieu comment from Day 1.

It was 95% MEDIA commentary - growing impatient with a
"do nothing, work experience" government

I have little NEED to add "my two cents worth"

Media expose' has done/is doing a good enough job as it IS - even The (Murdoch) Herald-Sun

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 ... 134
Send Topic Print