Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 ... 134
Send Topic Print
BaillieuWatch (Read 65747 times)
vegitamite
Ex Member

Re: BaillieuWatch
Reply #1740 - Sep 2nd, 2011 at 9:20am

How deeply disturbing but expected from those that just want to help themselves , the  wealthy. Killing off  a new indusry trying to replace one that will die off. So I know,  why dont they just kick their kids asses and say life is all  about me, and the here and now.

http://larvatusprodeo.net/2011/08/31/victory-for-wind-farm-opponents-in-victoria...

Last week the Victorian Government indicated it would review the Victorian Climate Change Act if a national carbon price was introduced, including the target of cutting emissions to 20 per cent below 2000 levels by 2020.

Now wind farm opponents have been handed victory on a plate. The Government’s new policy has three main elements:

the government will amend planning laws to give households power to veto wind turbines within two kilometres of their homes.

Turbines will also be banned in the Macedon and McHarg ranges, in the Yarra Valley, on the Mornington and Bellarine peninsulas, and within five kilometres of the Great Ocean Road and the Bass Coast.

And in changes that go further than the Coalition flagged in the policy it took to last year’s state election, turbines will also be prohibited within five kilometres of 21 Victorian regional centres.

Wind farms approved by Labor and not yet built will not be affected.

The Government claims that 92% of the state is still available for wind farm development, but the people who build them have a different view. Pacific Hydro say that they will be pursuing opportunities elsewhere after completing current projects. The Clean Energy Council estimated prior to the election that $3.6 billion worth of investments would not go ahead under the Coalition’s policy.

Make that up to $10 billion according to Giles Parkinson at Climate Spectator. Earlier Parkinson had written about the negativity coming from right-wing governments on climate change policy. Barry O’Farrell is on record saying he doesn’t want any more wind farms built. The wind doesn’t blow so consistently in Queensland, so theoretically there should be opportunities in South Australia

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #1741 - Sep 3rd, 2011 at 12:13am

OBVIOUSLY, a VERY embarrassing poll - to be avoided at ALL costs

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1742 - Sep 5th, 2011 at 12:40am

Quote:
Now wind farm opponents have been handed victory on a plate. The Government’s new policy has three main elements:

the government will amend planning laws to give households power to veto wind turbines within two kilometres of their homes.

Turbines will also be banned in the Macedon and McHarg ranges, in the Yarra Valley, on the Mornington and Bellarine peninsulas, and within five kilometres of the Great Ocean Road and the Bass Coast.

And in changes that go further than the Coalition flagged in the policy it took to last year’s state election, turbines will also be prohibited within five kilometres of 21 Victorian regional centres.

Wind farms approved by Labor and not yet built will not be affected.

The Government claims that 92% of the state is still available for wind farm development, but the people who build them have a different view.

Pacific Hydro say that they will be pursuing opportunities elsewhere after completing current projects.

The Clean Energy Council estimated prior to the election that $3.6 billion worth of investments would not go ahead under the Coalition’s policy.

Make that up to $10 billion according to Giles Parkinson at Climate Spectator. Earlier Parkinson had written about the negativity coming from right-wing governments on climate change policy.[
b]

Barry O’Farrell is on record saying he doesn’t want any more wind farms built[/b]. The wind doesn’t blow so consistently in Queensland, so theoretically there should be opportunities in South Australia

New rules blamed for wind farm loss

September 01, 2011

A developer has scrapped plans for a wind farm project in south-west Victoria because of the State Government's new planning rules.

The company's managing director, David Shapiro, says it is now abandoning the development.

"The Victorian Government has changed the rules and as those rules stand now it simply wouldn't get through the planning framework," he said.

"Our reading of the situation is that really was the intention of Government to make development more difficult."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-09-01/new-rules-blamed-for-wind-farm-loss/286583...

Mr Shapiro says the company is unlikely to launch new developments in Victoria.

The Planning Minister has said the new rules would not threaten investment in wind energy.

Mr "Planning" Mister ...
Investment is ALREADY leaving - in the BILLIONS

... to be welcomed with open arms, in South Australia - a state that BACKS investment in renewable, clean energy

I dropped by the Hepburn Wind site today, on the way to Melbourne, for Father's Day
I got out of the car, about 200 metres from the nearest turbine

I expected a gentle "hum" from this distance ...
But between the occassional bird noise - and a passing car -
GOLDEN SILENCE

The LOUDEST opponenent FROM where I was, lives over a kilometre FURTHER in the same direction - on the other side of the Daylesford-Ballan Road

She must be Superwoman, with that sort of hearing

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #1743 - Sep 5th, 2011 at 1:00am

Seeing as this thread is 'Baillieuwatch' - let's see how he is doing......

++++++++++++++++

The figures are the worst Newspoll result for Victorian Labor since 1992, when the party was savaged at the polls by the coalition then led by Mr Kennett.

The poll shows the Baillieu government has a 57 to 43 per cent two-party preferred lead, which would equate to Labor losing 20 seats if an election were held now.

In the better premier stakes, Ted Baillieu out-polled Mr Andrews 57 per cent to 16 per cent.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1744 - Sep 5th, 2011 at 1:00am

Now HERE'S a "funny one ...

No escape from 32 new cameras

September 3, 2011 12:00AM

MELBOURNE is set to get 32 new speed and red light cameras that will see tens of thousands more motorists booked and
earn the State Government an extra $30 million a year.

Police Minister Peter Ryan said yesterday the cameras should be catching drivers before the end of the month at some of the city's busiest intersections, including along Hoddle St, East Melbourne and Warrigal Rd, Chadstone.

http://m.news.com.au/VIC/pg/0/fi810554.htm

HA !
HA !
HA !

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #1745 - Sep 5th, 2011 at 1:04am

57% prefer Mr Baillieu.

Thank you Ted. Thank you for bring some common sense back to my home state.

From a proud Victorian in San Diego.

Smiley

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #1746 - Sep 5th, 2011 at 1:09am

So that's Ted as Preferred Premier streets ahead in Victoria.

A Conservative Government in Britain.

An Australian Labor Government more unpopular than since opinion polls began and certain to see a Liberal Government.

A more than likely Republican win in the White House next year.

A Republican senate.

Liberals in Australia holding WA, VIC, NSW and about to win QLD.

Life is bloody good for the Hicks family!!!!

Careful Buzz, we wouldn't want you getting all depressed would we?
Grin

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1747 - Sep 5th, 2011 at 1:21am

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Sep 5th, 2011 at 1:00am:
Seeing as this thread is 'Baillieuwatch' - let's see how he is doing......

++++++++++++++++

The figures are the worst Newspoll result for Victorian Labor since 1992, when the party was savaged at the polls by the coalition then led by Mr Kennett.

The poll shows the Baillieu government has a 57 to 43 per cent two-party preferred lead, which would equate to Labor losing 20 seats if an election were held now.

In the better premier stakes, Ted Baillieu out-polled Mr Andrews 57 per cent to 16 per cent.

And the OBVIOUS question is WHY ?
Do you suggest his achievements, outweigh his
F.U.C.K. - U.P.S.
over the past 9 months ?

Talk about "dumbing down"

Voted yet - or to embarrassed ?

( ... how all this
new "revenue raising"
from ALL these new speed cameras - when election policy was to REDUCE them ?

Or the dropping of the bushfire risk buy-back election policy ?

Or the one to put all power-lines underground in these areas ? )

ALL found to be UNVIABLE - as the PREVIOUS governmet had ALREADY declared from costings

« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2011 at 1:35am by buzzanddidj »  

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1748 - Sep 5th, 2011 at 2:03am

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Sep 5th, 2011 at 1:09am:

An Australian Labor Government more unpopular than since opinion polls began and certain to see a Liberal Government.

A Republican senate.

Grin

DEPRESSED ?

... far FROM it

The BEST news today...

We have CUT the electricity bill by 30% from this quarter last year - all done by istalling a "heat pump" hot water service ( ... mostly covered by a Federal rebate)
The solar panels (also mostly Federal and State rebates) were modelled to generate 125% of  LAST YEAR'S comsumption

This means the quartaly cheque from ORIGIN will be substancially higher than expected

It should cover the PREMIUM PACKAGE when the NBN comes through

AND I found out when the new income tax rates, for carbon comes in, I'll be paying even less than YOU - to the ATO

ZILCH !

If only EVERY Australian had started planning for a climate change economy, when I did, they TOO might be this
"DEPRESSED"

I follow politics in the same way I follow the football, these days
I may have a favourite choice to win the premiership
But it doesn't change my life if they DON'T

I'm INSULATED - and double glazed, along with the house

IP Logged

FRED.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1749 - Sep 5th, 2011 at 9:03am

buzzanddidj wrote on Sep 5th, 2011 at 2:03am:
Andrei.Hicks wrote on Sep 5th, 2011 at 1:09am:

A Republican senate.

Grin

DEPRESSED ?

... far FROM it

The BEST news today...

We have CUT the electricity bill by 30% from this quarter last year - all done by istalling a "heat pump" hot water service ( ... mostly covered by a Federal rebate)
The solar panels (also mostly Federal and State rebates) were modelled to generate 125% of  LAST YEAR'S comsumption

This means the quartaly cheque from ORIGIN will be substancially higher than expected

AND I found out when the new income tax rates, for carbon comes in, I'll be paying even less than YOU - to the ATO

ZILCH !

If only EVERY Australian had started planning for a climate change economy, when I did, they TOO might be this
"DEPRESSED"

I follow politics in the same way I follow the football, these days
I may have a favourite choice to win the premiership

I'm INSULATED - and double glazed, along with the house

HOUSE   LOL    PRE FAB SHACK ON MINE TAILINGS   LOL    Grin Grin

FRED.bell58@yahoo.com.au FRED.bell58@yahoo.com.au  
IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1750 - Sep 5th, 2011 at 11:19am

...i

« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2011 at 11:25am by buzzanddidj »  

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #1751 - Sep 5th, 2011 at 5:03pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Sep 5th, 2011 at 2:03am:

I'll be paying even less than YOU - to the ATO

ZILCH !

So your point is - You will be alright.
You will pay less in tax.
You are not concerned because none of it will affect you personally.

Ok fine, I have no issue with any of that.

However please explain now why for the past 3 years you have criticised ME for paying less in tax, for not being concerned about how things affect others and for looking out for myself?

Was that just all a smoke screen or are you taking the stance of a HYPOCRITE.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1752 - Sep 6th, 2011 at 1:01am

You KNOW my view on this
It's been "done to death"

Meanwhile - back "on topic"

No data collected in Alpine Park "scientific research"

Josh Gordon
September 6, 2011

THE state government is refusing to say if it collected any evidence from its controversial alpine cattle grazing trial, despite being advised at the outset that the fire reduction experiment must be run in accordance with ''good science''.

More than five months after the federal government likened the trial to Japan's scientific whaling program and ordered the state government to remove the cattle from the park, the Department of Sustainability and Environment has declined to say if any results from the trial had been collected, or which scientists, if any, had been selected to run the study.

Documents obtained by The Age show that in January the department told the government that the trial must focus on gathering ''credible scientific evidence'' to determine whether grazing effectively reduced the risk and intensity of bushfires.

''It is important that measures taken to reduce the risk of fire - whether it's grazing, fuel reduction or a combination of the two - are informed by good science,'' the briefing warns.

The departmental media strategy also recommends that the trial's results be released to the public, with progress reports made available throughout the duration of the research.

The Age revealed in April that the scientist hand-picked by the state government to lead the trial, University of Sydney professor Mark Adams, refused to take part, apparently because the government had failed to consult him about the design.

It remains unclear which scientists, if any, were subsequently selected to conduct the trial.

It follows a freedom of information request lodged by the Environment Defenders Office for the Victorian National Parks Association in May asking for any documents containing results from the trial.

In response to the request, the department said it had conducted ''thorough and diligent'' searches and could locate no documents containing results.

A spokesman for the department said the government had ''committed to making results of the research trial available to the public'' and would be releasing them ''in the near future''. But neither the spokesman nor Environment Minister Ryan Smith's office would clarify whether this meant results from the summer trial had emerged since the association's request.

Victorian National Parks Association spokesman Philip Ingamells said it was ''high time'' the Victorian government revealed what scientific information, if any, had come out of last summer's cattle grazing trial, and who did the information gathering, if anyone.

''The whole exercise remains a mystery,'' Mr Ingamells said. ''Importantly
the government is not being frank with the broader Victorian community about the Alpine National Park
… They should, and could, do much better than this.''

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/silence-on-the-science-of-alpine-grazing-trial...

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #1753 - Sep 6th, 2011 at 9:46am

buzzanddidj wrote on Sep 6th, 2011 at 1:01am:
You KNOW my view on this
It's been "done to death"

No, it has not been.

Just three posts back you are boasting you will pay no tax, that you don't care about how anyone else is affected because at the end of the day none of it affects you.

Now explain why for 3 years you have criticised me for minimising my tax - when you have just boasted about doing the same thing.

Are you a hypocrite or have you changed your opinion?

That has most definitely not been done to death. What has been are your consistent accusations I didn't pay enough tax and I cared little for anything that didn't affect me - now you admit to doing the same.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1754 - Sep 6th, 2011 at 3:52pm

Recent wind farm planning changes – a loss for Victorian communities.
Whilst our community has already benefited from the shift to renewable energy and will do so for many years to come, under the new regulations our wind farm would not have been built.

The new regulations give a right of veto to anyone living within 2 km of a proposed wind turbine location, even if the wind farm is entirely compliant with all noise and other relevant standards.

Such a right of veto is unique in the planning scheme — while many industries that negatively impact communities operate with no such restrictions, one of the cleanest and most benign forms of energy generation will be severely limited by the recent amendments.

In addition, the new planning changes establish ‘no go’ zones for wind farms — all five community wind proposals that we are aware of fall within these new zones.

Somewhat ironically, all six of Victoria’s coal fired powered stations are located in so called no-go zones.

( ... via email)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 ... 134
Send Topic Print