Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 134
Send Topic Print
BaillieuWatch (Read 65683 times)
longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Baillieu: "We Can Do Better" (or maybe not ?)
Reply #15 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 3:33pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Dec 1st, 2010 at 12:34pm:
codswal wrote on Dec 1st, 2010 at 12:05pm:
bwood1946 wrote on Dec 1st, 2010 at 11:57am:
buzzanddidj wrote on Dec 1st, 2010 at 11:48am:
Quote:
■ Deploying armed police on railway stations at night, despite concerns from the head of Metro, Andrew Lezala, that this could result in innocent passengers being shot.

You might want to cast your mind back, Ted, to which government abolished station staff and security watch in the FIST place ?

11 years dick head different time and different place and who is going to get shot

FFS

Angry Angry Angry Angry
And what about ALL THE shredding at treasury place yesterday ABC news last NIGHT   11 years off a sheet

Angry Angry Angry Angry

not another shreddergate.. I havent heard of that one... are they allowed to do that??..what about history ..ha.ha.ha.

Where was the issue when the exiting Howard Government did exactly the same thing in 2007 ?

It is a common practice with outgoing governments' party documents - and not in the slightest illegal or without long established precedent

except that you criticised it then and accept it now.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 3:35pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Dec 1st, 2010 at 1:48pm:
Quote:
When Baillieu starts to have people arrested on their own property ...

THEIR OWN LAND...

lets see what would happen if Ted comes knocking at YOUR door and wants to build a windfarm right on top of your bedroom?

People who were breaking common law, in trying to stop Government appointed surveyers gainin access to land under Victorian Government jurisdiction - mind you

Or exercising their "freedom of choice", as you would put it

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 3:49pm

Quote:

People who were breaking common law, in trying to stop Government appointed surveyers gainin access to land under Victorian Government jurisdiction - mind you

You call it breaking common law, I'll keep that in mind when your greenie protester mates are thrown in prison next time when they have a G20 riot.

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

codswal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 4:16pm

Verge wrote on Dec 1st, 2010 at 3:49pm:
Quote:

You call it breaking common law, I'll keep that in mind when your greenie protester mates are thrown in prison next time when they have a G20 riot.

I am wondering if the Fire had anything to do with the backlash... as really if it wasnt for Christine falling on her sword.. wouldnt brumby have had some things to answer for???.. after all he did fall over to the minority group regarding backburning same as Canberra did yet no one at the top seems to be responsible for anything..all seem teflon coated..amazing.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #19 - Dec 3rd, 2010 at 10:19am

Verge wrote on Dec 1st, 2010 at 3:49pm:
Quote:

Not  sure I get your point ?

Police have arrested another alleged G20 protester today after spotting her in Melbourne Magistrates Court, where she was supporting a friend.

Julia Dehm, 24, of Brunswick West, was arrested outside court and taken by police to be interviewed, while her friend, alleged G20 protester Danya Bryx, 22, made a successful bail application.

Bryx, an arts-law student at Monash University, is facing two charges of rioting, two of affray and two of reckless conduct endangering injury

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/alleged-g20-protester-caught-at-court/200...

NO landowner was imprisoned over the pipeline - over breaking the law
To MY knowldge, the charges were dropped

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Dec 3rd, 2010 at 10:36am

VICTORIAN premier elect Ted Baillieu's promise to implement all of the Bushfire Royal Commission's recommendations has raised questions about how the most costly and controversial proposals would be carried out.

The outgoing Brumby government had rejected the recommendations to put power lines underground and buyout properties in the riskiest bushfire areas.

But Mr Baillieu has always maintained a coalition government would tackle both these proposals, a position he reiterated today.

In relation to the buyout, Mr Baillieu explained a coalition government would look to the bushfire reconstruction authority and local councils to identify areas that would qualify for the scheme.

He said the state had a history of similar "buybacks" which had taken up to 20 years to complete.

"This is a program of identifying land and mutually agreeing that it's in everybody's interests for a buyback to take place," Mr Baillieu told reporters.

Former premier John Brumby rejected the commission's buyout recommendation, saying it could actually increase fire risk by leaving some homes surrounded by empty overgrown properties and it would be too costly.

His government also made an extreme estimate, based on every home in 52 at-risk towns, that the scheme would cost $20 billion.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/baillieus-costly-bushfire-promise/story-e6f...

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Dec 3rd, 2010 at 10:43am

And the backflips begin in less than a week

THE Coalition has dumped its commitment to implement all 67 recommendations of the Victorian Bushfires Royal Commission.

It has allocated just $50 million to reduce the risk of powerline fires. The $50 million commitment falls far short of the Coalition's own estimates.

In August Coalition leader Ted Baillieu's office emailed The Weekly Times stating it would cost $1.98 billion to $4.7 billion to honour the Commission's recommendation to insulate, bundle or bury Victoria's 28,000km of single-wire-earth-return power lines.

Yet this week Coalition bushfire response spokesman Peter Ryan said only $50 million would be allocated to "get the ball rolling".

Mr Ryan said electricity distributors would be expected to chip in another $50 million to fund powerline upgrades.

But even after a decade the commitment is likely to only reduce the fire risk to about 15 per cent of country Victoria's powerlines.

The $50 million commitment flies in the face of Mr Baillieu's promise to implement "100 per cent" of the commission's recommendations.

http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/article/2010/11/17/261611_latest-news.html

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Dec 3rd, 2010 at 7:08pm

In the Harsh Light of Mornings Reality, We Can ALWAYS depend on those Delicious FRUITS at the "bottom of the barrel"
Paul Austin
December 3, 2010

Ted Baillieu has promoted former Liberal leader Denis Napthine and given deputy Liberal leader Louise Asher a key jobs portfolio as he moves to stamp his government as pro-business.

But environment groups fear Mr Baillieu will walk away from the Brumby government's commitment to big cuts to greenhouse gas emissions in Victoria, after the new Premier gave the environment and climate change portfolio to inexperienced frontbencher Ryan Smith.

In a bigger-than-expected reshuffle of his frontbench, Mr Baillieu yesterday created a new Department of Business and Innovation, putting former Kennett government ministers Dr Napthine and Ms Asher in charge of creating more jobs as the state economy recovers after the global financial crisis.

Advertisement: Story continues below The biggest surprise in the cabinet line-up is the demotion of ambitious frontbencher and former Peter Costello adviser Michael O'Brien, who has lost the economic portfolios of exports, trade and infrastructure, and is left with the relatively minor title of Minister for Gaming, Consumer Affairs and Energy and Resources.

As revealed in The Age yesterday, Nationals deputy leader Peter Walsh gets the crucial water portfolio - despite Mr Baillieu before the election repeatedly saying it would be shared with Ms Asher.

The 22-member cabinet - two bigger than the Brumby ministry - was sworn in at Government House yesterday afternoon, five days after the Coalition's shock election win. It includes five Nationals and only four women.

The new Premier yesterday ruled out any cleanout of Victoria's public service chiefs, saying the Coalition intended to retain all the department heads who served under Labor.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/baillieu-promotes-lib-exleader-20101202-18i79....

Old Denis "mothballs" Napthaline ?

WTF !! ???

(google him for his hugely successful career path)

Have the Victorian Liberals nurtured NO new talent over the last DECADE ?

I'm SO glad I'm "out of the loop"

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 9:02am

Quote:
after all he did fall over to the minority group regarding backburning same as Canberra did yet no one at the top seems to be responsible for anything

NO

Controlled burns are Labor, Liberal, National and Greens policy
They have for a LONG time been a common occurrence across Victoria, under the watch of the CFA and DSE

The ONLY protests come from shire councils, who are billed for a share of the process and private land-owners whose authority is required

IP Logged

Miss Anne Dryst
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #24 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 9:06am

buzzanddidj wrote on Dec 3rd, 2010 at 10:36am:
VICTORIAN premier elect Ted Baillieu's promise to implement all of the Bushfire Royal Commission's recommendations has raised questions about how the most costly and controversial proposals would be carried out.

The outgoing Brumby government had rejected the recommendations to put power lines underground and buyout properties in the riskiest bushfire areas.

But Mr Baillieu has always maintained a coalition government would tackle both these proposals, a position he reiterated today.

In relation to the buyout, Mr Baillieu explained a coalition government would look to the bushfire reconstruction authority and local councils to identify areas that would qualify for the scheme.

He said the state had a history of similar "buybacks" which had taken up to 20 years to complete.

"This is a program of identifying land and mutually agreeing that it's in everybody's interests for a buyback to take place," Mr Baillieu told reporters.

Former premier John Brumby rejected the commission's buyout recommendation, saying it could actually increase fire risk by leaving some homes surrounded by empty overgrown properties and it would be too costly.

His government also made an extreme estimate, based on every home in 52 at-risk towns, that the scheme would cost $20 billion.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/baillieus-costly-bushfire-promise/story-e6f...

Not a backflip but a "we can do better".

It's hard to soar like an eagle when conversing with turkeys

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 9:12am

buzzanddidj wrote on Dec 4th, 2010 at 9:02am:
Quote:
after all he did fall over to the minority group regarding backburning same as Canberra did yet no one at the top seems to be responsible for anything

NO

They have for a LONG time been a common occurrence across Victoria, under the watch of the CFA and DSE

The ONLY protests come from shire councils, who are billed for a share of the process and private land-owners whose authority is required

Wrong, we still get protests from urban pilgrims who think they know it all.  There is nothing dumber than a P.C. metro, new age dogmat, honestly they ate the most brain washed sheeple on the face of the planet.  It`s no wonder that so many trendy stupidities catch on with them, they`ll follow ANYTHING stupid.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Baillieu: "We Can Do Better" (or maybe n
Reply #26 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 9:19am

aussiefree2ride wrote on Dec 4th, 2010 at 9:12am:
buzzanddidj wrote on Dec 4th, 2010 at 9:02am:
Quote:

NO

Wrong, we still get protests from urban pilgrims who think they know it all.  

WRONG ?

You have JUST confirmed what I stated
The opposition is NOT from government, but from farmers and other private individuals

IP Logged

Miss Anne Dryst
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #27 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 9:26am

buzzanddidj wrote on Dec 4th, 2010 at 9:19am:

WRONG ?

The opposition is NOT from government, but from farmers and other private individuals

SO a backflip on your initial protest comment.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 10:19am

Miss Anne Dryst wrote on Dec 4th, 2010 at 9:26am:

WRONG ?

What the FAAAARK are you ON about ?
The Brumby Government had a LONG held policy of controlled burns

IP Logged

Miss Anne Dryst
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #29 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 5:34pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Dec 4th, 2010 at 10:19am:
Miss Anne Dryst wrote on Dec 4th, 2010 at 9:26am:

WRONG ?

What the FAAAARK are you ON about ?
The Brumby Government had a LONG held policy of controlled burns

You really have no idea about what you are talking about do you buzzanddidj.
One moment you're posting
"The ONLY protests come from shire councils, who are billed for a share of the process and private land-owners whose authority is required"

Then you contradict yourself when you post
"You have JUST confirmed what I stated
The opposition is NOT from government, but from farmers and other private individuals"

Get your facts together, then compose your idea(s) then post.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 134
Send Topic Print