Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 134
Send Topic Print
BaillieuWatch (Read 65707 times)
vegitamite
Ex Member

Re: Baillieu: "We Can Do Better" (or maybe n
Reply #825 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 9:19am

you can say goodbye to the  free-flowing 'Wild' Rivers you have left  in Victoria I say.
Ted 'Build More Dams' Baillieu has just confirmed on ABC Breakfast this morning that he is absolutely in favour of building more dams in the mountain regions of Victoria..

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #826 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 10:06am

Quote:
you can say goodbye to the  free-flowing 'Wild' Rivers you have left  in Victoria I say.
Ted 'Build More Dams' Baillieu has just confirmed on ABC Breakfast this morning that he is absolutely in favour of building more dams in the mountain regions of Victoria..

you mean the flee flowing rivers that turned QLD into a bog and are starting to do the same in Vic? sounds like a damn good idea - unless you favour flooding over people's lives!

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

vegitamite
Ex Member

Reply #827 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 10:08am

longweekend58 wrote on Jan 19th, 2011 at 10:06am:
Quote:
you can say goodbye to the  free-flowing 'Wild' Rivers you have left  in Victoria I say.

you mean the flee flowing rivers that turned QLD into a bog and are starting to do the same in Vic? sounds like a damn good idea - unless you favour flooding over people's lives!

Maybe people should learn about the enviroment . They (people) are already saying that they will live near the rivers even IF rivers will flood. Some people , tsk.

IP Logged

FRED.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #828 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 11:35am

Quote:
Quote:

Maybe people should learn about the enviroment . They (people) are already saying that they will live near the rivers even IF rivers will flood. Some people , tsk.

God your a MORON  Sad Sad Sad If it was your place flooding it would be a different story   F/ OFF   Angry

FRED.bell58@yahoo.com.au FRED.bell58@yahoo.com.au  
IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #829 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 11:58am

COMMUTERS have slammed a government decision to slash city train services in the biggest shakeup in over a decade.

It comes as Transport Minister Terry Mulder confirmed plans to slash hundreds of train services through the city loop and cut the number of express trains on some lines.

It is the new minister's first major initiative since the November election.
Mr Mulder said he had been advised to cut the services to enable more reliable services

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/city-loop-cuts-anger-commuters/story-e...

Kim, who gets the train from Tooronga on the Glen Waverley line, said the changes would be annoying as she had to start work at 7am.
"I get one of the first trains. I will now have to get off at Richmond," the 27-year-old said

Hamish Low said the change would be irritating.
The student and retail worker lives in Malvern and catches the train to and from the city from Tooronga station.
"The alternative route is much more time consuming for me, I will probably have to get off at Richmond and it would add on a bit of time," he said.

Another commuter Massoud Alamashah who gets the train too and from Kooyong said the changes would mean he would have to allow more time to get to work.
"It's annoying. I will have to leave earlier."
i

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

FRED.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #830 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 12:14pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Jan 19th, 2011 at 11:58am:
COMMUTERS have slammed a government decision to slash city train services in the biggest shakeup in over a decade.

It comes as Transport Minister Terry Mulder confirmed plans to slash hundreds of train services through the city loop and cut the number of express trains on some lines.

Mr Mulder said he had been advised to cut the services to enable more reliable services

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/city-loop-cuts-anger-commuters/story-e...

Kim, who gets the train from Tooronga on the Glen Waverley line, said the changes would be annoying as she had to start work at 7am.
"I get one of the first trains. I will now have to get off at Richmond," the 27-year-old said

The student and retail worker lives in Malvern and catches the train to and from the city from Tooronga station.
"The alternative route is much more time consuming for me, I will probably have to get off at Richmond and it would add on a bit of time," he said.

Another commuter Massoud Alamashah who gets the train too and from Kooyong said the changes would mean he would have to allow more time to get to work.
i

Stiff if it leads to a better service      bugger/M    Angry Angry

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Re: Buzz'z Breakdown
Reply #831 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 12:21pm

longweekend58 wrote on Jan 18th, 2011 at 5:21pm:
buzzanddidj wrote on Jan 18th, 2011 at 5:13pm:
longweekend58 wrote on Jan 18th, 2011 at 4:53pm:
You are having a very public mental breakdown buzz. long before we consult a dictionary, you should be consulting a doctor. It is no longer funny watching a one-time decent poster devolve into the ranting raving child you have become.

And STILL - you try and drag it down to a personal level

Rather than try and
DEFEND
the
INDEFENSIBLE

If is personal, because you are a person. there is ONE person on here who demands the use of large fonts every time. that is you. there is ONE person who posts every day more nonsense on the Vic Libs. Even with the crazies on here there is still only ONE poster who complains that a party breaks promises AND keeps them.  It just never ends for you. All perspective and irrationality is gone. it is every day ALL DAY for you. just more hate and nonsense all because your beloved labor party lost an election fair and square.

its 55 pages now buzz. you've made your point ad nauseum. From here on in, it will only prove the point that you are a bad loser who cant move on. Im serious when I say that if you cant drop this and put some perspective into it that you risk some mental health issues. This is obsessive and you should perhaps go offfline for a while or take a holiday (outside victoria) and get your mojo back because whatever it is... you've lost it. Id prefer to debate with you from our former partisan positions. This is not partisan. this is obsessive.

That's a terrific post, it's 100% to the point.

To be honest, how anyone can begin criticising a Government 1 week after they take over - and they have taken over from a Government that left them a mess - well it is just beyond absurd.

Buzz has some issue with the Liberal party.
I don't know what it is.
I don't know if its the policies, the individuals, the people who support the party - but clearly something is not right and he is allowed some personal vendetta to cloud any semblance of judgement.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #832 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 12:24pm

FRED. wrote on Jan 19th, 2011 at 12:14pm:

Stiff if it leads to a better service      bugger/M    Angry Angry

A better service for whom - and at whose expense!?

Leaving for work earlier...

Arriving home later...

Dealing with associated family welfare and logistics issues...

Travelling on more crowded trains...

Travelling for longer at the mercy of public transport operators...

Suddenly needing to change trains mid-journey - with a risk of connection and delay problems - and dealing with the wrath of an annoyed employer for being late...

Facing the prospect of not being comfortably-seated for part or all of the daily commute...

How can that be described as "better" or "more reliable"!?

« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2011 at 12:41pm by Equitist »  

Lamenting the shift in the Australian psyche, away from the egalitarian ideal of the fair-go - and the rise of short-sighted pollies, who worship the 'Growth Fairy' and seek to divide and conquer!

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #833 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 12:25pm

FRED. wrote on Jan 19th, 2011 at 12:14pm:

i

Stiff if it leads to a better service      bugger/M    Angry Angry

How can LESS service lead to a "better service" ?

Quote:
Throughout the campaign, Baillieu talked of
commuters being squeezed in ''like sardines'' on trains.

His big promise was to buy 40 more trains for the suburban network. But the fine print reveals that only seven of those will be on the tracks during his first term. Commuters be warned: Baillieu will not ''fix'' the public transport system any time soon.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/state-election-2010/now-the-hard-part-20101129...

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

vegitamite
Ex Member

Reply #834 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 12:29pm

FRED. wrote on Jan 19th, 2011 at 11:35am:
Quote:
Quote:

God your a MORON  Sad Sad Sad If it was your place flooding it would be a different story   F/ OFF   Angry

I may  get this wrong but are  you not  a supporter of the Party  with principals that endorses personnel responsibility ?

To me it sounds idealistic to think you can curve all disasters especially when nature continues to change its patterns...but off you go. Build ,cut and dig.

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #835 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 12:36pm

Quote:
I may  get this wrong but are  you not  a supporter of the Party  with principals that endorses personnel responsibility ?

Personnel responsibility?

Isn't that also known as an HR Department?

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

vegitamite
Ex Member

Reply #836 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 12:43pm

Hey FRED better tell the Lord Mayor Of Brissy to F/OFF moron , too.

Mayor says nothing can stop river's reach | The Australian
www.theaustralian.com.au

BRISBANE Lord Mayor Campbell Newman has warned riverside residents that no amount of dams, levees or planning rules can stop their suburbs from flooding in the future.

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #837 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 12:46pm

Ah yes a Lord Mayor.

They are worth their weight in gold for their opinions eh?

When I lived in Melbourne we had a Chinese fella who could hardly speak English as Mayor.

IP Logged

FRED.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #838 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 12:47pm

Quote:
Hey FRED better tell the Lord Mayor Of Brissy to F/OFF moron , too.

Mayor says nothing can stop river's reach | The Australian
www.theaustralian.com.au

BRISBANE Lord Mayor Campbell Newman has warned riverside residents that no amount of dams, levees or planning rules can stop their suburbs from flooding in the future.

Selective  QUOTES  F/WIT    Wink

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #839 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 12:50pm

I want to know the answer to Vegi's point.

Who is taking on the responsibility for personnel?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 134
Send Topic Print