Send Topic Print
BaillieuWatch (Read 65773 times)
buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Re: Baillieu: "We Can Do Better" (or maybe n
Reply #990 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 8:44pm

TWO years after Black Saturday, the new Victorian Government has pledged that those communities devastated by Australia's deadliest bushfires will be rebuilt.

Premier Ted Baillieu has assured those affected by the fires that they will never be abandoned by the Government, a pledge repeated by his deputy Peter Ryan on the second anniversary today.

Mr Ryan said the 173 people who died in the bushfires would never be forgotten.

"We will continue to provide the all-too-necessary support for those many families and friends who require assistance," he said.

"We will recommit ourselves to the need to ensure that we
re-establish those many communities
that were affected by the fires of Black Saturday."

In the week leading up to the anniversary, the Government announced a raft of new initiatives, including new community and council support programs that will begin this year as the Victorian Bushfire Reconstruction and Recovery Authority closes.

http://www.news.com.au/national/black-saturday-towns-will-be-rebuilt-says-ted-ba...

Baillieu's costly bushfire promise
November 30, 2010

VICTORIAN premier elect Ted Baillieu's promise to implement all of the Bushfire Royal Commission's recommendations has raised questions about how the most costly and controversial proposals would be carried out.

The outgoing Brumby government had rejected the recommendations to put power lines underground and buyout properties in the riskiest bushfire areas.

But Mr Baillieu has always maintained a coalition government would tackle both these proposals, a position he reiterated today.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/baillieus-costly-bushfire-promise...

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #991 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 9:00pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 4:57pm:
Verge wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 4:19pm:
buzzanddidj wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 4:14pm:
buzzanddidj wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 3:56pm:
bogarde73 wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 3:28pm:
Taking a contrary view to many of you, I see the health insurance rebate as very like c'wealth funding of private schools - very necessary & equitable.
People who choose not to avail themselves of the public hospital system, like those who choose not to use private schools, are still entitled to a share of the tax revenue which they contribute and which should not go exclusively to the public sector.

I'm thinking of setting up my OWN private police force
NATURALLY, I will want THIS segment of my GST retuned as a rebate
The SAME for my taxes that pay for public transport - should I stop using the system
The Government should subsidise my motor scooter

How is that even remotely relevant?

Of COURSE it's "relevant"

I'm asking for MY segment of tax back, to replace a sevice provided by the governments - one of which I am disatisfied with

I dont see how considering the original question posed was how much is each public student funded compared to private school, and how much should they be funded?

Its just a dodge because you have nothing and no proof about cuts to education except ALP scare mongering.

Yet you didnt post a thing about the slashing of TAFE fees did you. You just hoped no one picked up on this great initivative.

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #992 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 9:55pm

Verge wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 9:00pm:
Taking a contrary view to many of you, I see the health insurance rebate as very like c'wealth funding of private schools - very necessary & equitable.
People who choose not to avail themselves of the public hospital system, like those who choose not to use private schools, are still entitled to a share of the tax revenue which they contribute and which should not go exclusively to the public sector.

The SAME for my taxes that pay for public transport - should I stop using the system

I'm asking for MY segment of tax back, to replace a sevice provided by the governments - one of which I am disatisfied with

I dont see how considering the original question posed was how much is each public student funded compared to private school, and how much should they be funded?

Its just a dodge because you have nothing and no proof about cuts to education except ALP scare mongering.

Yet you didnt post a thing about the slashing of TAFE fees did you. You just hoped no one picked up on this great initivative.

I give credit where credit is due

Dropping the bushfire buyback was an inevitable, yet good move
As was the non-publication of times and locations of mobile speed cameras
I would question where the 45 MILLION (p.a. I assume ?) to private schools is to be drawn from ?

« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2011 at 10:15pm by buzzanddidj »  

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #993 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 7:56am

buzzanddidj wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 9:55pm:

I would question where the 45 MILLION (p.a. I assume ?) to private schools is to be drawn from ?

So still no proof how much the private schools subsidise education per student.  You are just looking at big figures and not the big picture once again.

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #994 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 8:22am

Verge wrote on Feb 8th, 2011 at 7:56am:
buzzanddidj wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 9:55pm:

So still no proof how much the private schools subsidise education per student.  You are just looking at big figures and not the big picture once again.

Buzz prefers not to use facts unless they can be misused, misinterpreted or lied about.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #995 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 4:26pm

Looks like the NSW ALP candidates cant even get out of the blocks.

NICO Mathews has withdrawn from the NSW election less than one week after becoming Labor's candidate for Albury in the wake of a drink-driving charge.
Mr Mathews was pulled over in Fallon Street, Albury at 4.14am on Sunday and charged with a mid-range drink-driving reading of 0.10.

He will appear in Albury Local Court on March 1 which is 25 days before the NSW election.

A replacement for Mr Mathews is yet to be confirmed.

The charge means Mr Mathews has been automatically lost his licence pending his court appearance.

He last contested a NSW poll in 2003 when the sitting member, Liberal Greg Aplin, was comfortably elected to replace the retiring Liberal member Ian Glachan.

Mr Mathews also stood for Labor without success in the federal election a year later when Sussan Ley retained the seat of Farrer for the Liberals.

But he was elected to Albury Council in 2004 along with another current candidate for the seat of Albury, independent Paul Wareham.

Mr Mathews, 36, a small business operator has previously appeared in Albury Local Court during his time as a councillor.

Mr Mathews was convicted and fined over two driving offences including using a mobile phone when driving.

Magistrate Tony Murray fined him $230 and $67 court costs on each charge.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #996 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 9:25pm

Grazing causes blazing: research

11 hours 30 minutes ago

Research by the University of Tasmania has questioned the widely-held view that grazing on native grasslands reduces the risk of wildfire.

Mountain grazing has been a controversial issue in Victoria and Tasmania, where environmentalists have argued that livestock wreck sensitive wilderness areas.

Graziers argue their animals remove fuel that would support fires.

But Professor James Kirkpatrick says the findings of his research around Tasmania suggest that is not always true.

"If you've got vegetation that has tussock grasses, the animals actually eat out the green shoots and make the vegetation much more flammable,
so in that particular case - which is a very widespread one both in Victoria and in the drier parts of Tasmania - grazing actually causes blazing," he said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/02/09/3133946.htm?section=justin

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #997 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 10:23pm

Longweekend.
Quote:
Buzz prefers not to use facts unless they can be misused, misinterpreted or lied about.

A the pot calls the kettle black.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #998 - Feb 10th, 2011 at 12:12pm

I have just received an email from
Hepburn Wind

Quote:
Turbines almost here...

The cargo ship 'SE Panthea' left Singapore on Australia Day and is expected to dock in Albany today.

The ship will arrive in Melbourne in approximately two weeks, where the turbines will clear customs and undergo a series of checks before being transported up to Leonards Hill.

We poured the first foundation last Thursday, and the second is being poured as this newsletter is being sent. We're delighted that almost all the concrete came from the local batching plant in Daylesford - their busiest day ever.

SUCK IT UP, Baillieu !

You won't be shutting THIS project down

Special thanks to former Planning Minister, Justin Madden, who fast tracked the approvals for all of Victoria's outstanding renewable energy projects before the incoming government could cancel them

Good luck, South Australia, in taking on any new projects

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #999 - Feb 10th, 2011 at 3:46pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Feb 10th, 2011 at 12:12pm:
Hepburn Wind

Quote:
Turbines almost here...

The cargo ship 'SE Panthea' left Singapore on Australia Day and is expected to dock in Albany today.

The ship will arrive in Melbourne in approximately two weeks, where the turbines will clear customs and undergo a series of checks before being transported up to Leonards Hill.

We poured the first foundation last Thursday, and the second is being poured as this newsletter is being sent. We're delighted that almost all the concrete came from the local batching plant in Daylesford - their busiest day ever.

SUCK IT UP, Baillieu !

Special thanks to former Planning Minister, Justin Madden, who fast tracked the approvals for all of Victoria's outstanding renewable energy projects before the incoming government could cancel them

Good for you that you have got your wind turbines, but Ballieu made no promises to shut down existing projects that already had approval.

So its a non event.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1000 - Feb 10th, 2011 at 3:56pm

Verge wrote on Feb 10th, 2011 at 3:46pm:
Hepburn Wind

Quote:
Turbines almost here...

SUCK IT UP, Baillieu !

Good for you that you have got your wind turbines, but Ballieu made no promises to shut down existing projects that already had approval.

So its a non event.

But he WILL be making things VERY difficult for NEW applications by renewable energy companies

They were very easily wooed by Premier Rann - as a result of new policy
South Australia is now their focus

Well, I guess we "stole" their Grand Prix

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1001 - Feb 10th, 2011 at 4:04pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Feb 10th, 2011 at 3:56pm:
I have just received an email from Hepburn Wind ...

Quote:
Turbines almost here...

http://www.hepburnwind.com.au/

SUCK IT UP, Baillieu !

So its a non event.

But he WILL be making things VERY difficult for NEW applications by renewable energy companies

They will be harder because there is a greater exclusion zone and also a greater community input.  Do you think the communities involved shouldnt have an input into these kinds of matters in their back yard just because it suits your agenda?
« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2011 at 4:19pm by Verge »  

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1002 - Feb 10th, 2011 at 4:11pm

Verge wrote on Feb 10th, 2011 at 4:04pm:
buzzanddidj wrote on Feb 10th, 2011 at 3:56pm:
Hepburn Wind

Quote:
Turbines almost here...

SUCK IT UP, Baillieu !

So its a non event.

They will be harder because there is a greater exclusion zone and also a greater community input.  Do you think the communities involved shouldnt have an input into these kinds of matters in their back yard just because it suits your agenda?

The new R/E rules are quite reasonable. the original election policy was dumb and no one truly expected that to ever become law but there is hardly anythign wrong with communities demanding a bit more say in these matters. After all this is the same one opposing nuclear energy because it wil be in someones backyard but here he is denying other communities the right to be consulted on other things?

Buzz is just continuing his long long long public meltdown...

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1003 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 7:51am

State Funding, Intolerance, Prejudice and Hate Groups

February 15, 2011

Watering down the anti-discrimination regime is a giant leap backwards.

In opposition, the Coalition campaigned for a ''stronger, fairer and safer'' Victoria, but early hopes that Ted Baillieu would lead a government committed to fostering an inclusive and discrimination-free society are already beginning to fade.

At the weekend, the state government committed to reforming Victoria's Equal Opportunity Act 2010 in two ways: first, it will scrap measures designed to actively promote equality, including stripping powers from the Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission.

Second, it will expand the ''permanent exceptions'' that give religious groups and entities - including those that provide public services using public money - a free licence to discriminate against de facto couples, gays, lesbians and single mums, among others.

If a school condoned the bullying of a child with a disability, we'd be appalled. If a hospital refused to hire Liberal voters, there'd be outcry. If a secular welfare agency fired its receptionist because it didn't want a Christian on the payroll, no one would question the receptionist's entitlement to lodge a complaint with the commission.

The fact is that the impact of religiously motivated discrimination extends far beyond the church walls, intruding into both the public sphere and our private lives.
Under the proposed changes, the law will allow publicly subsidised private schools to sack single mothers or expel gay or lesbian students

http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/politics/baillieu-promised-a-fairer-victoria-bu...

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #1004 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 8:18am

longweekend58 wrote on Feb 10th, 2011 at 4:11pm:
Buzz is just continuing his long long long public meltdown...

I've noticed some recent similarities in Buzz and Charlie Sheen actually.....

Other than neither of them work right now.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 ... 134
Send Topic Print